Anime & Manga Some good anime?

Lillytoffee

Lady of Rivendell
Im looking for some animes that my sister will like.

She's really obsessed with Dragon Ball Z and she likes Death Note too, any suggestions?

Any of these?

• Fate/Stay series
  • Persona
  • Sword Art Online
  • Log Horizon
  • Code Geass
  • of course you know, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and Fairy Tail
  • Anastsu Kyoushitsu (there's only episode one since it just came out)
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Akame ga Kill
  • Attack on Titan
  • Magi

She's just started watching Hunter x Hunter and she likes it. I'll tell her your other suggestions too, Thanks! :)

Lillytoffee said:
She's really obsessed with Dragon Ball Z and she likes Death Note too, any suggestions?
If she likes Death Note, then she might enjoy a new anime series just fresh for the new season called Death Parade.

I'd recommend watching Death Billiards beforehand though if anyone tries it out. It's a one-shot that got turned into a series (Death Parade).

Tonari no Kaibutsu- Loved it!

Kamisama Kiss- Enojyable but predictable

Sword Art Online- The best!

Show her some of the classics

Trigun

Yu Yu Hakusho(If you like Hunter X Hunter then you will like this)

Cowboy Bebop

(Off the classics now)

Fullmetal Alchemist

Baccano

Samurai Champloo

Soul Eater

D.Greyman

kenichi mightiest disciple

(The ones everybody have seen)

One Piece

Naruto

Bleach

Hey, I haven't watched One Piece, Naruto, or Bleach so what you say isn't true. :P

I tend to watch cutesy/girly anime or so I'm told. Judging by the two anime your sister has watched, we don't have the same tastes. I did like Death Note though. Oh! I suggest Deadman Wonderland. That isn't very moe at all. xD Though it is a mature anime with gore and such. I don't know how she'll feel about that. Then again, Death Note isn't all rainbows and unicorns...

It was a embellishment yuna. I said that because most people know of those series since they once were the big 3 of anime in America.

Death note has been recommend to me so many times I decided to watch it on Netflix. I has been awhile since i seen a psychological anime. Deadman Wonderland is great, wish they continued the series. looks like I need to read the manga.

If you want her to watch one with a definitely... comical slant that serves as a nice introduction to the strange side of anime, I recommend Ouran High School Host Club. If she likes it, make sure you show her the out takes of the dub. They're almost as hilarious as the show itself.

I know this thread was from awhile ago, but if she likes Death Note she'll like:

• Tokyo Ghoul
  • Terror In Resonance
  • Code Geass

They're all similar to Death Note.

Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, depending on her age, Elfien Lied...Maybe Higurashi if you want the gruesome stuff. Blood + is good, Fruits Basket maybe.

Lillytoffee said:
She's really obsessed with Dragon Ball Z
Sounds like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure might be right up her alley. Same type of dumb fights, but much more...well, ridiculous and flamboyant. In a really amazing way, that is.

These are the animes iv seen and liked

Inu X Boku Secret Service

Amnesia

Demon king

Vampire knight

Diabolik lover

Neo Angelique Abyss

The irregular at magic high school

Inuyasha

Psycho Pass, Tokyo Ghoul....Arakawa Under the Bridge?

Arakawa under the Bridge is not gory or mature or anything though, it's the "what is happening here is this real. what" type of anime.

EDIT: I absolutely forgot to say Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knights of Sidona is awesome.

Soul Eater.

Gurren Laggan.

If you like the weirder stuff, Excel Saga is amazing, but be prepared for an extra helping of Japan with that one.

Hurikane said:
If you like the weirder stuff, Excel Saga is amazing, but be prepared for an extra helping of Japan with that one.
I second Excel Saga!

Its amazing weirdness is second only to the Monogatari series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back