• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Some alerts not showing?

Nekoni

Always Sick
I have been missing many posts from RPs I am in because of this irritable issue that seems to bother some of my friends as well.

Some RP posts are not being updated in the alerts, like sometimes I won't see an alert for hours, but when I check the RP many pages of posts have been posted without my knowing. I am not sure if this is suppose to keep one from being annoyed, but it annoys me more that I stall, or miss much of my RPs.

When you get alerts for the site in general, like updates to it and stuff like that-

You also have to make sure to go through those and clear that alert before you get new ones.

Also make sure to go to this page http://www.rpnation.com/watched/threads and see that there are no threads that you have watched that are unread.

If all else fails, "Mark forums read" right now- and that'll clear up whatever is bogging it down.

Thank you very much for your quick response ^u^

To clear an alert, does that just mean the small asterisk by the notification? Or is there a way to delete all previous alerts that are listed?

Clearing an alert is just going and reading the thread or hovering over it until it turns white (in the bar)

Alright, thank you. I think I'll just check the RPs themselves more often since the alerts are just general updates. Thank you very much for your help! 
Hmm....it still seems to be doing it....Several pages of an RP will pass and I would not have a single notification in my alert box about it....

Nekoni said:
Alright, thank you. I think I'll just check the RPs themselves more often since the alerts are just general updates. Thank you very much for your help! 
Hmm....it still seems to be doing it....Several pages of an RP will pass and I would not have a single notification in my alert box about it....
Like Kagura mentioned, Alerts in Xenforo will stop showing up unless you revisit that thread or click the alert. The reason being is that the system believes you did not check the alert or visit that thread when it first popped up with the update and thus do not want to receive any further notifications over the matter.

Miz said:
Like Kagura mentioned, Alerts in Xenforo will stop showing up unless you revisit that thread or click the alert. The reason being is that the system believes you did not check the alert or visit that thread when it first popped up with the update and thus do not want to receive any further notifications over the matter.
Ah thank you very much for the explanation. I was getting a hunch the system was doing something like that, but I was not certain. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back