Sol Invictus

Should Sol Invictus be added to Anathema?

• Yes, I would use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use it.

• Maybe. I plan on using it.

• Only if it is not too difficult to implement.

• Total voters

uteck

How many people use Sol Invictus?  I was thinking of asking if it should be added as a rules option to Anathema, but I thought I should find out how many people use it first.

With Second Ed. out, it may not be an option, but people may still use it for awhile for their on going campaigns untill they switch entirely over to 2nd Ed. when the rest of the books come out.

From what I have read, it seems to be mainly a modified Charm list and a few rules tweaks.  Is this correct?

... options are always a good thing.

Right now, I'm more looking forward to the 2e-conversion, and the ability to create custom Charms though.

I would like to some of the other stuff covered by EdEx as well though.

I've just gotten back into Exalted after about 2 years of running Mage, and Sol Invictus is one of the major reasons that I came back. I really like the logic of the Charms, I love the high Essence Charms, and my players like the opportunity to have so much to choose from. AND, I much prefer their anima powers to the canon ones.

I also really like Ed's Exalted toolkit, and have adapted it to the Sol Invictus rules.

Hey guys, not to spoil any expectations and such, but I'm afraid that Sol Invictus thing won't happen inside of Anathema. We're busy with 2nd Edition and other things that are a tad more interesting to us and hopefully to the general public as well.

I would like to some of the other stuff covered by EdEx as well though.
Teehee... *smiles*
We're taking first and cautious steps beyond the fringes of the territory mapped by Ed (although he has announced interest in 2e recently).

Anyway, could you be a bit more specific as to what you're missing? If it's not Custom Charms or Equipment, I can assure you that I haven't thought of it recently.

Regards

-Urs, Anathema Developer

Custom Charms/Spells and Equipment are definitely at the top of that list, yes. I suppose the addition of the ability to create Fair Folk and Autochthonian characters would be welcome, but it's not that important to me personally.

Unfortunately, I can't get the v2 of EdExalted to work on my machine ATM (some problem with the database not loading methinks), and I haven't had the energy to fix it, so I can't remember if there was anything else specifically that I am missing...

Autochthonians and FF are of no priority right now (and not covered by Ed, either, as far as I recall). Equipment, as said elsewhere, we have begun working on in earnest (so allow two to three month for it to ripen).

However, our campaign is on the verge of dying (once more) and I cannot say whether anyone but me will be interested in development two weeks from now.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

This can't be happening.   :cry: Everyone likes the layout and speed of Anathema better then EdExalted.  It's also easier to install and runs on any computer with Java.  Why do the good have to die so young?  :cry:

Anyone got this thing?  The links are not working.  Anyone want to drop it into my gmail box?  Those of you who have my gmail box that is.  You know who you are...

uteck said:
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
This can't be happening.   :cry: Everyone likes the layout and speed of Anathema better then EdExalted.  It's also easier to install and runs on any computer with Java.  Why do the good have to die so young?  :cry:
We've been there before. Part of the reason why Lunars took so long. We've recovered. If it happens again, that's how it is. And we'll recover again.

Would you accept code for them if offered?
I'd give it a fighting chance.
If you (or anyone, for that matter) should indeed come up with a module for either of these types, and it's cool enough surf with our current trends (Character Types realized as XML template descriptions with additional models), great - good chances that we'd include it in the core package.

If you chose another way of doing it, we could offer it as an "additional download" from the official site, to lighten the load on us if later changes break anything.

If you have anything, please drop me a mail, if you are interested in doing it, go ahead and try, I'll try to support you where possible.

Also, we're investigating possibilities of making Anathema pluggable - that would make the second version sketched the preferred way.

Bye

-Urs

On the topic of Anathema, I downloaded java on my compy but still can't get anathema to work..any advice for the unholy mac user? Or should I just give up?

On the topic of Anathema' date=' I downloaded java on my compy but still can't get anathema to work..any advice for the unholy mac user? Or should I just give up?[/quote']
You can just double-click the anathema.jar on the Mac. It looks like shit in OS X, unfortunately, but it works fine. I'm in the process of getting the latest code. I might first try to figure out how to package it as a real Mac app (usually this is not difficult) with options to make the menus work correctly.

You can make it a minescule amount less shitty looking by invoking it from the command line with this command:

java -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true -Xdock:name="Anathema" -jar anathema.jar

On the topic of Anathema' date=' I downloaded java on my compy but still can't get anathema to work..any advice for the unholy mac user? Or should I just give up?[/quote']
Recent user feedback indicates that the program runs fine if you a) have Java 5 running (available as an additional download from Apple) and b) have the latest release as well as the latest patch (and not just one or the other).

I was told you could even drag the program to your "applications" folder for more usual startup.

The news of the program looking like shit are a first from wordman, and I regret hearing this.

Wordman, I assume that ScreenMenuBar means the unique top-of-screen menu in Apple systems, but what doest the additional option "-Xdock:name" do?

What problems are there with handling and looks of the program? If there's anything I could do to make it better for Mac users, I'd be happy to help. If you figure out anything let me know and please do submit any code you come up with!

If it's just our faux-glass-pearl dot-selection interface that makes the look so bad, I'd be glad to receive anyones art submissions. Anathema needs a facelift, and you can help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back