(Sol and kinadra) Those Who Die Softly

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
It was dark here most times... At least, it felt like that. It felt like God had given up on the world, and left them all to rot. When the Sun broke through the clouds though, and touched upon the ground, the landscape awoke. It revealed trees that looked almost as tall as a mountain, but thin, with bright green shimmering leaves that danced in the wind. The ground was covered in grass that was a deep dark green, with shades of other colors dotting it in the form of flowers.

There used to be so much war here. The scars still showed. A large gash in the side of a mountain, some areas still grey and ashy, grave markers... they all were still there, even 20 years later. The only good part about the ending of that 100 year war was that now, people were friendly. Even Wood Elf and Dark Elf were getting along nicely. It wasn't all so perfect though.

The Humans were getting a bit brash with their expansion into other territories, and have been stepping on some feet. That's not to say they aren't alone in that. The Centaurs are with them in this, expanding just a mite too much. Something was changing though. Something was going to happen. It could just be felt in the air.

--------

Ryuleianna, or Angel as she has become fondly known in Heaven's realm, stood fully clad in her armor on the other side of a portal. Her crystalline blue eyes were hardened by years and years of war. Angels were not the docile and flaccid beings that all had come to know them as. They were cruel, hardened, and did just about anything to get the job done.

She had her orders. She knew what she had to do. Angel looked back at her superiors, then darted into and through the purple and white portal. It felt like no time at all that she passed through to the other side. Into the world of Ciel. That was the world's name. Her bright white and feathered wings were tucked behind her back, and she looked around with her eyes, then sat. Waiting.

((@Sol ))

"Lyndon! We need that shipment leaving now. Get what you need to so we can finally leave this dreadful town."

"But Ria, we haven't even been her for two days and you already to leave? I mean what if a fellow trader like us happens by, we might even get them cheap here and sell them high at the next town."

"Ciel, isn't going to wait for layabouts like you Lyndon and I would rather not be called a layabout as well. I'm sure whatever profit we gain would be marginal at best, we'd still end up sleeping on the cart with the wares anyway. Besides, I'd rather not get caught in Rayleigh's when the sun goes down."

Lydon was about to protest when Ria raised a very valid point. The forest they're passing through, Rayleigh's Hollow, had several unnerving stories about it and it's so infamous everyone in the land of Ciel knows what happens to people if they stay there until dark. Most people were like to circle around it, but Ria would have none of it.

Their argument drew the attention of nearby townsfolk, especially when she raised the name "Rayleigh." The short, fair skinned, green-eyed brunette beauty would did not mind their gawking and praying. Lyndon, the tall, well-built, raven haired, brown eyed male with an unremarkable face, was getting a little too edgy with all the prayers going on, it was either for their souls or their travels. Either way, Rayleigh was not a forest to be taken lightly.

Lyndon hurriedly took some supplies and left a few gold coins before running after their cart, which had already begun moving. Ria was never one to wait on people, not even her most constant companion in the Ciel. He ran and leapt onto the cart before the horse began picking up any real speed. He crashed on the bundles of armor that they stowed on the back to be sold at the next town. The armor was of good quality as it retained its shape and flawlessness despite being crashed into by a 160 pound man. In fact it was so good, it left him groaning in pain.

"See what happens when you dilly dally, you get hurt. Especially if you do it around me, little brother. Now come on up here, your older sister feels ever so tired."

Ria had a habit of regularly exploiting her own brother. If she felt like she didn't want to hold the reins then it was Lyndon's turn, if she felt like she wanted to nap in the middle of the day then Lyndon needed to do whatever errands she was supposed to do, if she was feeling hungry then Lyndon was in charge of cooking the food and gathering ingredients and they had to be of good quality.

"Right."

He went over the driver's seat while his sister went to the cart and huddled in the furs they were bringing along with their shipment. She was snug and prepared for the icy chill that seemed to be norm in Rayleigh's, despite it being summer in Ciel. He drew his coat tighter around him and guided the horse into Rayleigh's. Instantly feeling the wintry bite of the forest, the worst was yet to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
There wasn't much sound from her small frame. She didn't really have anyone to talk to anyways. Angel smiled though, looking up through the canopy at the sky. The sun. The small amount of light and warmth that reached through the canopy and down to the cold floor of the Rayleigh's Hollow forest. She should be cold, but she wasn't. She never really was one to get cold. Angel thing, she supposed. She looked so childlike with her smile on, and her tiny frame. In the distance she heard a cart driven by horse, and stood just as silently as she had been sitting.

Her eyes closed for a moment, focusing on putting a glamour around her wings and armor, completely hiding them from view. Down to the point where one could touch them, and they wouldn't feel them. They just didn't seem to exist. Angel didn't want to show anyone that she was an actual angel. This realm wasn't too knowledgeable of her kind... so, why risk it. Her clothes now looked like a simple, white dress, brown boots on, and a brown jacket that looked too thin for the weather.

She shivered purposefully, and breathed out, her breath showing. Angel nodded a little, and walked forward until she came to the dirt road, the leaves and twigs under her shoes crunching softly as she walked. When there, she just waited for the cart to come into view and see her. Her blonde hair, curled beautifully in ringlets that draped down to her mid-back bounced and swayed ever so slightly in the growing wind as Angel waited.

They were in sight, and she displayed her shivering far more prominently, watching as they neared. "Please allow me aboard? I am so very cold here. I became lost... The group I was with had left me," she lied effortlessly, tears even beginning to form in her eyes as she spoke to the two of them. Her voice betrayed that she was older than she looked, but at a little less than 5 feet tall, just about anything would make her seem older than her appearance.

"Its so cold in this forest, and its getting late... I am not prepared for a night here... I will go wherever you are headed. I could even help with whatever you'd like... if you'd like..." she pleaded, biting her lip and shivering again, breathing out to emphasize the cold that was only getting worse. Her voice had a bit of an accent that was unrecognizable, but Angel couldn't much help that showing.

He slowed the pace of the horses as he saw a young girl, stand in the middle of the road, shivering from the cold breath of Rayleigh's. Lyndon was wary, many tales surrounded the forrest, many tales recounting different isolated events. He glanced back to see sister snug in all those furs and napping, which meant her guidance and wisdom were indisposed of at the moment. He didn't like that one bit, it meant that he had to make choices by himself and waking his sister up is worse than any of the fiends that prowl Rayleigh's or so his comparison went between the tales and the experiences he had with Ria.

Lyndon drew the cart up to a stop beside the young blonde girl.

"Please allow me aboard? I am so very cold here. I became lost... The group I was with had left me."

"Its so cold in this forest, and its getting late... I am not prepared for a night here... I will go wherever you are headed. I could even help with whatever you'd like... if you'd like..."

She pleaded to join them, yet Lyndon had to make sure. He could not afford to put his sister at risk. As much as an exploiting, scheming, dirty young woman his sister had become, family was still family and everyone had to look out for each other. He could wake her up, but again he was terrified of his sister if her naps are broken, and if this young blonde girl really is a human, she may as well scare her off as well, forever marking them as one of the stories in Rayleigh's. The cold bastard and the feral monster, or something along those lines.

"And how would I know you're human? I mean I could let you and then be putting my sweet sleeping sister at risk. I can't have that on my conscience. Do you have any way to prove that you are human, that you are one of us and not one of the things prowling the forest in search of prey?"

"Jus' take her along, Lyndon. It would do well to give you some company, your older sister approves of your little catch. 'Sides what difference does it make if she is a beast, I can take them on anytime, any place, just tell them to bring it on. Sister dearest would protect little Lyndon from the big bad monsters or in this case, the small young ones. Now, full speed out of this forest, the sun looks like it's going down and I don't much like the looks of this at all. I don't want it to be known that the Berkens are heartless people, why we're warmer than the Ciel summer. Now go take her along. "

Lyndon couldn't exactly argue with his sister's last point. As headstrong and stubborn as she was, she was still a good person who looked out for others as long as it didn't involve her losing money, gaining money was just a very welcome bonus to her. She tossed one of the bear furs up the driver's seat of the cart, signalling that the debate was over and she had won. Loathe as he was to expose his sister to danger, he let the young girl on. Lyndon was hoping that he didn't just commit a pricey error.

"Well, you heard my sister. Get on before the forest turns really dark and the fell wolves come out to hunt. I want to clear this forest before the sun really sets."

He waited for her to board the cart and then handed her the bear furs before urging the horses pulling the cart along to go faster.

Angel was actually a little surprised that he wanted her to prove it. Her brow furrowed, and she opened her mouth to answer, but she couldn't begin before his sister spoke up. She hadn't really expected her to speak, but was grateful that she did.

"Jus' take her along, Lyndon. It would do well to give you some company, your older sister approves of your little catch. 'Sides what difference does it make if she is a beast, I can take them on anytime, any place, just tell them to bring it on. Sister dearest would protect little Lyndon from the big bad monsters or in this case, the small young ones. Now, full speed out of this forest, the sun looks like it's going down and I don't much like the looks of this at all. I don't want it to be known that the Berkens are heartless people, why we're warmer than the Ciel summer. Now go take her along."

She came up into the cart when told to, and accepted the bear furs happily. Her arm brushed against his, and she instantly looked away and down towards the horses. Angel knew her flesh would be warm, despite the chill. She had no intentions of harming them though, and nor did she know why they were so hellbent on her just being a human. There were other races, right? Were they really so racist against others? So wary? She had the fur wrapped around herself the moment she could, even though she wasn't cold, and sighed.

She wouldn't speak until his sister fell asleep. Her icy eyes glanced back at her, then looked at Lyndon again, "Your name is Lyndon? That's what your sister called you anyways..." Angel shifted and looked ahead again, her voice soft, "Your sister seems sweet. You seem cautious. Its a good mix to have. I'm not really from around here, are you?"

It was another pause before she spoke again, "I haven't seen the other races, but aren't there more than just human? Why did you want to be certain I was just human?" She was trying to make sure her nervousness didn't take over her rationality, "Even if I wasn't human, I wouldn't hurt you guys. You're so nice. I don't have weapons right now either." That bit was true. With the glamour on, she didn't have her weapons.

"I'm sorry... I'm being so nosy and such a burden. Thank you for picking me up, Lyndon," Angel said, smiling at him with perfectly white and straight teeth, "My name is Ryuleianna, though I prefer to just be called Angel. I really am grateful. Trying to walk through the forest would have been difficult, as I don't know my way around. I would have gotten lost."

Not long after the strange blonde had ridden with them his sister fell back asleep among the furs in the cart. It seemed as though the Blonde was waiting for this moment before she'd open her mouth, it was suspicious to say the least. If she had something to say she could have said in the presence of both of them, not when his sister was sleeping like brick snug with all the furs in the cart. He didn't like it one bit, as if she was time her moves to the beat of her plan and that set Lyndon on edge, he didn't want any harm to come to his headstrong sister.

In an attempt to gauge the blonde riding with them, he let her speak a couple of times, not responding but all the same looking like he was paying attention to her. He waited until she was done with what she had to say or at least what he thought was enough. After introducing herself, Ryuleianna, a long, strange name for a human girl, he waited a bit more then responded to all her previous questions, all the while keeping the horses at a nice quick pace. He glanced up at the trees trying to discern the position of the sun to no effect. He did not know the time and the forest was perpetually in twilight shrouded in fog, which meant the sun was going down. The fog grew thicker as less light touched the forest. He took a lantern from the pack near where his sister lay and lit the lantern to illuminate what precious few feet it could light up.

"First of all, miss Leianna, you haven't seen how my sister really is. She is a very different person when she is awake and doing business, much more animated with absolutely no regard but to maximize our gains. Yes, my name is Lyndon, Lyndon Berkens. As for why we wanted, I wanted to know you were human was because you were taking on a human appearance, had your ears be pointier then I'd be asking if you are really an elf. If your body was full of scales, I would be asking if you were one of the lizard-folk, the Drakon. Likewise if you were covered in fur, I'd ask if you were really one of the Beastkin. Do you understand? I wouldn't be asking if you were a Drakon, when you obviously have very human features. I agree that you are nosy, but whether or not you are burden is up to Ria to decide. You should even count yourself lucky that we found you, elsewise you'd be swallowed up by the fog in Rayleigh's."

He was finally done with that little speech which answered most of the the girl's questions. Lyndon waited for a reaction but still kept his focus on getting out of Rayleigh's as soon as possible, what this stranger thought of him was only that, a thought.

She sighed inwardly at him calling her Leianna, but otherwise didn't react. Angel looked to the side, and frowned, "I just didn't want to interfere with her sleeping. I thought it would be rude..." She looked back again at Ria, Lyndon having mentioned her name, "You both still seem very sweet. Perhaps my questioning was silly. I apologize." Angel groaned and tucked into the fur more tightly, "I shouldn't talk about it. I really shouldn't. My superiors would get so angry with me..." She was complaining to no one in particular, then suddenly faced Lyndon straight on, sitting on her legs.

"Okay. I really shouldn't tell you this but I need someone to know or this world may as well eat me alive. I have no knowledge of this world and I would really like your help and I am sorry I lied to you guys. I hate lying. I hope you guys won't hate me. I don't want to be hated..." she said it all so fast, non-stop, and took a big breath at the end, looking at him with a furrowed brow and worried eyes.

She continued before he could talk, "So, I just arrived here, and no I don't really get cold... at all pretty much. I was kinda lost though. I didn't know where I would come in at, so I was a little unsure of what to do. I just knew from our seers that I was waiting for someone and that they would be traveling through. Then I saw you guys, and so I was really really sure it had to be one of you. So I stopped you and so here I am."

Angel paused again for a moment, looking at him and hoping he would follow what she was talking about, "Well... I was worried about showing myself. I wasn't really supposed to anyways. It would cause a sort of panic if they knew we really existed. All we are is a myth on this realm... Yes. I am from a different realm. No I am not human. Good perception skills by the way," she shook her head, trying to focus herself in her nervousness, "And... Well... I mean... I'm an Angel."

She bit her lower lip hard, waiting for his reaction. She worried it was a mistake. She wasn't supposed to talk about it. Now she had. If he was the person she was waiting for though... It was worth the risk. "To check if you or your sister are the ones I am looking for, I would need to take the glamour off... I don't want to startle the horses..." she said, her voice quiet, and a little afraid that he would kick her off now.

No reaction, it was strange that she wouldn't even flinch at the name he'd given her, much less the somewhat hostile way he had been addressing her. There was something wrong and thickening fog seemed to emphasize it. Lyndon looked around for a bit and silently prayed that the lantern hanging on the cart would last long enough to see them through the Rayleigh's. The blonde began speaking but he paid her no mind, what occupied his thoughts were why they haven't broke through Rayleigh's yet. The horses continued their pace as he followed what he assumed was the pathway that ran through Rayleigh's and on to the next town where they could seek shelter for the night.

"...I really shouldn't tell you this but...no knowledge of this world... like your help...sorry I lied.......won't hate me. I don't want to be hated..."

Lyndon only ever picked up bit and pieces to what she was saying, most of his attention was still on the pathway out of Rayleigh's. The fact that she said she lied was evidence enough not to pay attention to her rantings and be more cautious around her. She was all to suspicious for a human, then again most humans were. She continued on with her rant about how she couldn't get cold at all or being sent on a mission by seers and whatnot. It was all a load of rubbish, then came the clincher.

She began saying that she wasn't really human, well that meant she was one of the fell stalkers elsewise she wouldn't be in the forest, which also explained why it took him so gods damned long to exit Rayleigh's. He had half a mind to wake his sister that they both meet their demise with their steel drawn and fighting. Not that steel could even slay the fell stalkers, nothing save for fire and that fire was ever so slowly waning as the lantern gradually dimmed and the fog grew thicker. In the end, he decided that his sister go through as less suffering as possible when she passes on and continued to the listen to the nonsense coming out of her mouth.

"....I'm an Angel..."

That was the clincher Lyndon was looking for, the most outlandish claim of the outlandish ranting that spilled forth from her lips. The demon had brains and most likely a pinch of humor, impersonating legendary figures of times long past. The very same ones that they slaughtered and who slaughtered them to a standstill. He burst out laughing at the claim.

"You know, that last one was good one, fell stalker. Now would you please get on to devouring our souls or at least stop making the horses go around in circles in Rayleigh's so we can leave. I just want to die or get out, either way it's the same."

"Fell... What?!" Angel was now actually ticked off, her brow furrowed and her mouth fiercely down in a frown, "I am not one of those... things. I would never even impersonate one if my life depended on it!" She glared at him, and continued that until she finally sighed, shaking her head and giving him a tense smile, "Fine. You need proof. Alright." She stood up effortlessly, seemingly unaffected by the jostling of the cart, "Luckily I love my magic."

She looked at the horses, hoping it wouldn't startle them, and dropped her glamour. Her armor showed, along with her stunningly white wings. She seemed like a perfect being, and stretched out her wings. She yelled at Ria, "Wake up Ria! You need to see this too so I don't need to explain it again later." Angel knelt to the side of Lyndon, "Now then, you were saying? Oh. Wait. You still might not believe me, even though I am literally glowing. Here. Let me get that for you."

She snapped her fingers, and the flames lit up brightly once again, no longer dimming. "Speaking of the fell stalkers. That fog isn't me. Now that I can actually sense things... oh how I hate my wings being cooped up... We are being followed. I'm not sure how many of them." Angel looked them both over again, then got a big smile on her face, "Oh! You two are right! Oh I am so glad! I was so worried at first. I am to be your personal angel. Both of you. I am at your service."

A low growl could be heard off in the distance, then another, then another, keeping in the shadows. "Oh. Lovely. Three of them. They sense me," she mused, looking around and frowning, "Oh I really didn't want to fight today. Its much later now though... They will be far more active. We need to get out of here so that you two are safe. It is your cart. What do you propose we do?" She looked at the two of them as though this was a normal night out on the town, nothing odd about what she had said at all.

Lyndon hadn't expect her to explode like that. She was definitely furious at his accusations and made her sentiments very obvious. She stood up and woke up Ria. Something no one would dare do but somehow Leianna was even able to cow his sister into submission which speaks volumes of her authority and superiority over the two. The glamour wore off her and standing on the carriage before the two was a woman in full plate armor, white flawless white wings that folded behind her back as well as a elegant sword strapped to her side. Lyndon had a hard time registering the sight before him and it seemed the lantern was able to burn bright again and the fog that surrounded them drew back some distance. Even Ria was held in awe at the being in front of them. If legends were to be true then she was an angel of the Celestians, and if a Celestian was here then the prophecy was slowly coming true. A prophecy that was passed down among generation that has since faded as myth. The Infernals were rising again to sweep Ciel in a sea of fire, Celestia will descend and cleanse Ciel of everything and life shall begin anew or so the myth went.

Ria and Lyndon would have enough time to gawk at their companion when they have left Rayleigh's. For now, the pressing concern were the fell stalkers that were hot on their trail. The horses began panicking and moving in their separate directions while Lyndon was busy trying to keep them reigned, Ria unhooked the rifle from the cart. It was a prototype that was invented by the late orcish inventor, Abbas. Supposedly it is not like the firearms that are in Ciel, in that it could hold 5 shots before it needs to reload. Most of the humans and orcs preferred using their firearms as opposed to the Wisps and their magic, the Elves and Beastkin with their bows, and Dragon-blood and their fire. The Gnomes preferred using automatons in battle as well as a host of explosives with various effects from disorienting an opponent or bombs that blanket large areas in fire or ice. It was a rule that most firearms in Ciel could only shoot once and then takes much precious time in reloading, it is not uncommon for individual to bring 2 or three firearms with them.

Ria positioned herself facing the rear of the cart and true enough there were 3 fell stalkers hot on their trail. They looked like normal wolves except for their heads, their heads were that of humans with teeth as long as knives and jaws that extend so long that the knife-teeth could safely be housed within their maws. Their eyes were red with bloodlust and their growls and inhuman screaming shook Ria to her core, she was sure even her brother was panicking. She brought rifle's stock to her shoulder, to careful aim and fired one round. The knock back was to be expected however, it didn't blow her back at all unlike the blunderbusses and muskets she found within armories. True the rifle looked thinner and the bullets themselves weren't large balls but more like still arrowheads but she couldn't argue with the fact that she was able to trip up one of the stalkers. Abbas shouldn't have perished in that fire. She heard the rifle click, signifying that the next projectile was ready for launch. She fire shot after shot after shot but to little effect, more and more seemed to be joining the pack. Soon enough only clicking was heard from the rifle, Ria had run dry.

"Lyndo! Can't the horse go any faster? And you, I though you said there were three of them?!"

Ria apparently didn't listen to the question posed by Leianna. If Lyndon was correct in his guess, then that meant that Leianna wanted them to lost their haul, to lose their cargo so that they worked so hard to acquire. To lose a massive profit in exchange for their lives. Had a choice, one that he could not leave up to his sister. Without speaking a word he grabbed his sister and pulled her to the carriage's driver seat, reached back took the cartridges of the rifle and the sword that was in the cart and unhooked the cart, leaving it trailing behind them.

"Now the horses can go faster."

"Lyndon! Why-"

"Because our skin is more important than another marginal increase in profits, now just be a good older sister just this once and keep quiet. Now, Leianna, what did you mean by us being the one's you were looking for?"

Angel was just watching them shoot at the fells, wondering why they would waste their ammo like that. She watched Lyndon pull Ria into the cart, and unlatch the other part of it, not really understanding the purpose of selling the furs, or why money mattered so much. Angel finally looked at Ria before Lyndon, "There were three. I suppose more showed. I'm surprised really. The only reason they gave Angels trouble at all in the old days was because there were so many of them. They reproduce like rabbits."

She turned to Lyndon, trying to ignore the fact that he called her Leianna again, "You two are the ones I was sent to find and look after. You have an incredible future ahead of you. It is imperative you stay alive and well. Otherwise, you would not be able to fulfill your purpose, and this world as you know it would all but cease to exist. Don't worry. You have my help at least. Again, I am to be your personal angel or Celestian, whichever you prefer."

She held up a finger as if to say, "Give me a moment," and then drew her blade. As Angel drew it out, light came from the sheathe, and glimmered off of the blade, even in the dark. Before it was even fully out, she turned to Lyndon and Ria again, "You may want to duck now." As soon as they would, Ryuleianna drew her blade the rest of the way and swung it with blinding speed, a thick crescent of light streaming off of the sword.

Like a laser, it slammed into the ground where the fell stalkers were, and before the light could grow, she yelled at Ria and Lyndon, "Close your eyes!" Whether they did or not, the spot where the laser had hit exploded in a ball of light, incinerating many of the fell stalkers, "The fog should be gone! Get us out!"

Angel sat again, and stared at her blade with a frown before sheathing it again. It had dimmed considerably in it's glow, "Darn thing... It needs to recharge now. That ability always takes so much out of it." She looked at Lyndon and Ria again, "You two alright? I'm glad I found you two when I did! You two are going to start getting a lot of attention from people you won't want to. Fell stalkers are just the beginning. Fell reavers might look for you. Fell demons, and fell priests... basically fell anything. Might get some other things after you two, but the main baddies should be just the fell. I don't know how many are still around."

Lyndon beheld another spectacle that had him in thrall. Leianna had once again shown her capabilities in a fight. She told them that the Fell breed quickly which would explain their numbers. Then told them both that they would play a major part in what is to come, Lyndon could not remember reading any passage in the myth about humans playing a part in all it. There was only the tale of destruction brought on by the Infernals and a fight against the Celestians. The Fell themselves were only precursors to the Infernals, soon to be incinerated along with a sizable chunk of Ciel. For better or worse they had Leianna as a protector.

Ria watched on as the Celestian had made short work of the Fell. Well not that she could see it happen, no doubt she would be blinded or worse by the spectacle. In any carse, Leianna had told them to close their eyes and Ria did as she was told, covering her own brother's to make sure he wasn't gawking too much at the Celestian. Even with her eyes closed, she could still see a flash of white, that lasted for a few seconds. She looked back to see the smoldering remains of the Fell or at least their ashes on the ground. She listened as the Celestian went on about what else will be hounding the siblings. For better or worse higher beings wanted their heads.

It wasn't long before they escaped Rayleigh's. That attack of Leianna had dispelled the fog around them, which made it easier for Lyndon to escape the woods. As they broke the treeline, he realizes that they had taken quite sometime in escaping Rayleigh's. The siblings had expected to leave the forest before the nightfall and were surprised to see the moon sitting high in the sky and stars around her paying homage. He looked over the mountains and saw multi-colored auroras from it despite his distance, they weren't as large but they were still visible.

"So what's this about us being important, Leianna?"

Angel's eyes were up at the sky, staring almost in awe at the stars, "Wow... They really are beautiful. The moon too. The auras... Just... wow...." She was smiling brightly, and looking around, hardly paying attention to Lyndon or Ria. She finally tore her eyes from the sky, and looked at them again, "Oh! Sorry about that! You two are important. What more is there to know?"

She looked at the two of them individually, "There are higher up authorities in Celestian ranks, that have given the orders to protect you. It came down to me because I am... special. You two are special amongst your own people too. Probably pure human. Most humans are actually a mix of things, of very similar races. Finding pure humans is very hard, and they are very very rare. Cool thing about them though, is that they have a greater aptitude for many things."

"Magic, for instance," she continued and looked behind herself at her wings, letting one of them stretch out. Angel looked to Ria particularly, "Touch it. They are very soft. Softer than any fur or feather or cloth that exists on this realm." She smiled sweetly, and looked to Lyndon next, "You can too, but I figured you'd be less interested."

Angel tilted her head to the side a bit, thinking, "I think this is about the right time for you two to start realizing your heritage too... Well. Oh! I might even be the catalyst. I hadn't even thought of that.... Hey... Where are we going now? Should I hide my wings again, or just keep them out? I mean, I am your guard from now on, it would be easier to protect if they are out."

"Pure Humans? As in those that existed in the myths? The ones who came before, the ones who were devoured by the Infernals? Oh you mean the Fell, because you've butchering the pure humans. Look as amazing as this little parlor trick is, there is just no way that me and my brother are pure human. It's not that we aren't grateful for your help and all, I know myself and my brother believe that you are a Celestian, but to label us as pure human, as one of the Fell, we'll need more evidence than just your word. On that note I would to touch your wings now."

She ran her hand along the wing of the Celestian before them. Her claim was legitimate enough, the wings were softer than any fur or silk that she's laid her hands on, but softness can only go so far in a market. What she'd need to confirm is the toughness of the feathers, she also needed to see if it could keep someone warm. Though there was evidence enough in Rayleigh's when the Celestian stopped shivering as she hopped onto the cart, the Celestian hadn't even draped the bear fur over her and she already looked like she was warm and cozy. Ria pulled a feather but it did not come lose, she had half a mind to try her rifle on it but opted not to. It seemed as though her brother had done his own investigation of the wing quality as well. They would agree that the material, if it could be harvested, would open much possibilities in innovation. The Celestians, however, didn't look like the sort to part with their wings. It seemed Lyndon had beaten her to answering the Celestian's question.

"Just keep your wings concealed when there are others. We just can't be sure of the people's reaction to you, the Celestians are held in mixed views here in Ciel. As for our destination, we are bound for a town called "Edway." It's a relatively small town but offers the best agricultural produce in this region of Ciel. And like what my sister had said, we are very grateful that you saved us but we'd need more evidence to show that we are, indeed, one of the fabled pure humans or the Fell as they are called now."

When Ria had pulled on a feather, she raised a brow at the girl, but said nothing. Angel blinked, and shrugged, her wings and armor disappearing suddenly, "Alright then. Edway. It sounds nice." She was far too interested in everything else to care much about the feather being tugged. "Fell. Fell are different than pure humans though. Why do people label such a noble thing with such a foul name?" She was frowning, obviously saddened by the idea, and not understanding it.

"Well... When you two were little, were there ever any odd occurrences? Or, did your family sometimes look at you with that concerned and worried look? Like they didn't want you to go through what they had gone through?" she shot off possible ideas, not sure what their background would be exactly, "Or maybe you've always seen what you think are ghost? Or strange balls of light? There are tons of possibilities."

"The cool thing about magic is that there are so many ways for it to manifest, and if it is dormant, it can take so little for it to really wake up... but I would rather not give you two that shock yet," she explained, still seeming to not really grasp that this situation was a little taboo for them. She looked off into the distance at the lights of Edway, wondering how far away it was.

"Well that's what they really are. Everyone knows that the Fell were the captured and corrupted humans by the Infernals, who were jealous of the free flowing relationship between everyone else and the humans, everyone except the Infernals. They burned down the capital of Sky's Reach, which later came known to be Rayleigh's Rest. Yes, we just passed the former Human capital. As for strange occurences, none at all, the only times that my parents looked worried were the times Lyn-"

"The times you were going off on adventures and dragging me along with you. They were worried about us but more of your inherent bullheadedness and obvious lack of cunning, much less sense. As for this magic, I will be truly grateful were you to teach me this art, please you don't need to unlock my sister's potential, she might just burned down Ciel herself and save the Infernals the trouble of invading this place."

" I will not burn Ciel down, though it would be nice to be the overlord through power. I would be the reigning queen now and forever!"

Lyndon watched his sister get up and face the direction of Rayleigh's and plant her foot on the carriage seat, looking distant as if she had foresight. It was a surprising yet laughable experience for Lyndon and laugh he did. His sister's face turned red and she sat back down on her seat. The lights of the festive Edway were visible and they were nearing their destination. The first challenge was to keep the Celestian's identity as a secret, the people of Edway were a curious sort and one prone to being festive, loud and boisterous people who would start up a conversation with anyone and everyone, friend or foe. It was that time of the year everyone sets aside their differences in engaging in rowdy horseplay, fist fights, drinking contests and the like.

"ALMOST TO EDWAY! I wonder who I'll get to knock out this time..."

"Sister, please stop frightening our guest."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back