• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

So... Nation Building

Psylion

I've been gone for far too long so a lot has changed. I've noticed a section called Nation Building, bu even after I read the description I have no idea what it is. Can someone please explain it to me? Is it just another thread for us to generate roleplays but just on a larger scale? What goes into nation building? I'm more or less just looking for clarification on what exactly it is.

Hi there, Psylion!

To clarify, nation building is very similar to text-based roleplaying, but instead of writing through the eyes of a specific character, you write through the view of an entire nation! You create the nation like you would a character. You come up with its name, who the leader is, the population, its economy, and many other details. Then, when the roleplay begins, you write out how different events in the roleplay will affect your nation.

That is a very basic definition. The tutorial that CJ linked to you goes into a lot more depth!

Thank you both for this information. After reading the guide that @Grey made I kinda got the feeling it was like Zork meets Civilization. (^U^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back