• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

SO MANY IDEAS

Refusion

Your Local Otaku
Hello everyone my name is VexLink and I have a couple of ideas to share with you that could... quite possibly benefit RpN a lot.

Idea 1

Basically this idea is about Minecraft- what about a Minecraft RpNation roleplay Server? We could roleplay there, and we could have not only RP but other stuff like pvp.

Idea 2

Basically we could have milestone badges, for passing a certain amount of likes or followers. Aka 100 likes = a bages

10 followers = badge

1000 likes = badge and so on.

also I would like to spread @Sunkissed 's idea about birthday stone badges - more about it here

Idea 3

we could have a 'live' chat where we could chat and pm people and it would be live, so everyone could talk to everyone.

idea 4 

groups/clans. Basically this idea is that, you could have a leader of a RP group and they can host Roleplays and the groups can do like private rps for only there clan.

Idea 5 

we could have a 'stream' section, where live people streaming on like twitch, who are part of RpN and Want it to be in the section can be in it.

Idea 6

we could have a RpN gaming teams, that can play in E-sports

EXTRA IDEA.

we could have private rps where you can invite your friends and no one else can see it, just the people you invite.

THANK YOU.

if some of these are already here could you comment so.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Check the Video Game discussion forum. ;)
  2. Cute idea!  But someone is going to have to draw all of those badges.
  3. The staff has been looking for a new alternative for an IM type of messenger.
  4. Again, you can always use the Hosted Projects to host those types of games with your friends.
  5. Refer to #1.
  6. Also refer to #1. :

Extra: Hosted Projects are perfect for that (and so are private messages)!

1. Check the Video Game discussion forum. ;)
  2. Cute idea!  But someone is going to have to draw all of those badges.
  3. The staff has been looking for a new alternative for an IM type of messenger.
  4. Again, you can always use the Hosted Projects to host those types of games with your friends.
  5. Refer to #1.
  6. Also refer to #1. :

Extra: Hosted Projects are perfect for that (and so are private messages)!

Well for the a hundred badge you could just put a 100

Idea 1

Basically this idea is about Minecraft- what about a Minecraft RpNation roleplay Server? We could roleplay there, and we could have not only RP but other stuff like pvp.

We have some video game servers.  See the Video Game section for more details.

Idea 2

Basically we could have milestone badges, for passing a certain amount of likes or followers. Aka 100 likes = a bages

10 followers = badge

1000 likes = badge and so on.

That sounds like a lot of extra work on the backend: tracking everything, drawing the badges, assigning them (all of which would be manually done).  But we'll discuss it at some point.

Idea 3

we could have a 'live' chat where we could chat and pm people and it would be live, so everyone could talk to everyone.

We've tried several different voice and text chat addons and programs over the years.  None have worked out, for one reason or another.  We have our eye out for a new one, but no current plans.

idea 4 

groups/clans. Basically this idea is that, you could have a leader of a RP group and they can host Roleplays and the groups can do like private rps for only there clan.

This sounds... cliquey.  We don't support cliques.  If you want to only have people join your RP by invite, that's perfectly fine.  Many of them already work like that.  But we aren't going to support any potential "us vs. you" mentalities.

Idea 5 

we could have a 'stream' section, where live people streaming on like twitch, who are part of RpN and Want it to be in the section can be in it.

We'll discuss it at some point.  Some users already have livestream, you might check the Video Game section to see if they've posted anything about it there.

Idea 6

we could have a RpN gaming teams, that can play in E-sports

See #4.  Also, see the Video Game section again and see if anyone's made posts about it.

EXTRA IDEA.

we could have private rps where you can invite your friends and no one else can see it, just the people you invite.

Hosted Projects are basically this.  Also, even in non-HPs, you aren't required to accept everyone that applies.  You can do those by invite also if you choose.

We've tried several different voice and text chat addons and programs over the years.  None have worked out, for one reason or another.  We have our eye out for a new one, but no current plans.

Why haven't they worked out? I have a suggestion but I need to know if it will work first.

This sounds... cliquey.  We don't support cliques.  If you want to only have people join your RP by invite, that's perfectly fine.  Many of them already work like that.  But we aren't going to support any potential "us vs. you" mentalities.

Not every group is going to be like that.

Why haven't they worked out? I have a suggestion but I need to know if it will work first.

Mostly person-issues.  Some technical.  When we have an official chat, we have to moderate it as if it's the site, and that's not always practical.

Not every group is going to be like that.

Past experience says that a statistically significant percentage will be.  Also, see "potential."

Mostly person-issues.  Some technical.  When we have an official chat, we have to moderate it as if it's the site, and that's not always practical.

Discord could work. You could just make a bunch of channels for different topics then assign moderators for each channel. There wouldn't be a lot of people in each channel, so it could work.

Past experience says that a statistically significant percentage will be.  Also, see "potential."

Well, if there were a board for groups, it would be pretty easy to moderate.

Discord is on the list of programs that were tried.  We did the multiple channels thing.  Thanks, but it's a case of been there, done that.

Like I said, there hasn't been a practical way to moderate things.  We aren't paid staff, we all have lives outside RpN, and thus we can't maintain 24/7 moderator coverage.  I'm not going to go into detail about what happens when that's the case, but it got pretty nasty.

@Kaerri on point with those answers.

Thank you guys for your suggestions though, it's good to see you all care about the community!

Like I said, there hasn't been a practical way to moderate things.  We aren't paid staff, we all have lives outside RpN, and thus we can't maintain 24/7 moderator coverage.  I'm not going to go into detail about what happens when that's the case, but it got pretty nasty.

You could get people who are ready to do like 24/7 moderating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back