So it's Come to This

Meredith

An Apostle of Ghan with Fiendish Intent
Roleplay Type(s)
So it's come to this. Here I am.

Wow, that sounds grim. To be legit:

1. It's literally midnight.

2. I don't know what I'm typing anymore.

3. I'm assuming I'm making a journal thread, can see fairly well, caffeine is wonderful.

This is probably just going to be little snippets of banter and things that happen.

TL;DR: That's random stuff.

So let's start with my Thursday, because it's what I can remember at the moment.

Backstory time! I'm a minor niner, which some of you might call fresh meat . Wonderful.

Anyhow, I attended the first Drama Council meeting of the year at lunch, mostly because I thought it was cool and hell a friend of mine was doing it.

I proceeded to stare at a guy pretty much next to my friend, on the other side of the circle, for the majority of the meeting. I thought I knew 'im. Turns out I did, actually.

Before I figured that out he got so uncomfortable he left. (At least, I'm assuming.)

Saw him in the hall today. Walked up to him. Was all "YOU'RE *his name*." "Uh, yeah...?" "I'm Meredith. You know, Meredith." "OH YOU'RE MEREDITH HOLY SHIT I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FIVE YEARS."

Shook his hand, gave him a hug, promised I'd see him around.

Grade eleven friends... because why not.

Anyhow, I'll probably update this sometimes.

Maybe. If I'm up this late again, or get really bored in class.

I've some time before pathfinder, so I'm going to share an older story.

End of the girl guide year is late May/early June. To celebrate the end of the year, and some of ours moving up to Rangers, we went glamping (read: glamour camping, basically hotelling) in Niagara Falls.

Honestly, we had so much damn fun. There was a funhouse we ran around in for about an hour and a half. It had a room of balls, and we discovered if we jumped on some of the half-inflated ones we could launch each other in the air. (Yes, we had bruises - so worth it.)

It rained and we did outdoor mazes, got soaked - it was one of those cliche days. Laughing so hard we were crying in the rain and then carrying on. There wasn't a schedule - we did what we wanted to do.

I still have a chip of paint off of one of the courses in Wizard's golf. I'm honestly sure all of us do. Broken decor... that was a thing.

We had a great day, were tired beyond belief. Then the leaders dropped it on us we were going out to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. We were like 'hell, okay'- they'd told us to bring something nice. I had a black dress, left my hair down, we did each others' makeup. Body glitter, great. God, there must have been... ten of us or so. Got on the bus, it was Liv's first time on public transit - a lot of the girls in my group are quite privileged, to say the least. xD

It took three hours to get a table, but it was a cool place. We got to chill, talk for the first time. We weren't soaked anymore, so it was alright.

Finally ate, really nice dinner.

Waiting for the bus, some asshole stuck his head out the window and put up the 'call me' sign up, kind of doing the yell, I guess. I immediately yelled 'bloody attractive' after him and freaked my entire group out. "Meredith why" was the common phrase.

But hell, I won that one.

It was a good evening, we did a lot of stuff in the morning. The lesson here, really, is: Even if it looks like a caravan, there is still a girl who will tell you to sit the hell down if you catcall.

I'm actually still proud of myself for that.

EDIT: Thank you for feedback thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back