Anime & Manga So, is One Piece getting any better recently?

Laraes

Hi!
I am a huge One Piece fan and have been watching it religiously up to somewhere in the Dressrosa Arc.
I stopped there because I was getting bored, honestly. The episodes felt SO stretched out and some only adapted around one chapter's worth of content from the manga.
Now, I wanted to ask if anyone felt/feels the same about it and if that issue is getting better as the episodes progress?
I really want to watch again, but I don't want to waste my time watching one of my favorite shows ever go down.

I haven't followed One Piece in well over 10 years but the problem of slow pace in the anime adaptation has plagued the show for about that long. I believe there is a fan project called One Pace that cuts out some of the padding and re-edits the episodes in order to alleviate the worst of the issue but I don't know if they've done anything with that particular arc.

Might not be a bad idea to switch to the manga and just look up the anime version of climactic moments because from what I hear the anime at least still nails those very well.

I haven't followed One Piece in well over 10 years but the problem of slow pace in the anime adaptation has plagued the show for about that long. I believe there is a fan project called One Pace that cuts out some of the padding and re-edits the episodes in order to alleviate the worst of the issue but I don't know if they've done anything with that particular arc.

Might not be a bad idea to switch to the manga and just look up the anime version of climactic moments because from what I hear the anime at least still nails those very well.

That really sounds interesting, I'll definitely check it out. I always saw criticism about the pacing since well before the New World Saga, but it didn't bother me that much back then. I feel like it has gotten much worse after around episode 700.
I'm really no manga lover usually (just personal preference, I know it's probably better), but I'm seriously considering switching to it.
Sucks, though, I really think the show had a lot of potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back