• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

So... I Decided to Give Drawing a Try...

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
I got this tablet to play osu! with (a Huion something for those interested) and I decided to say "fuck it" and give drawing a try. Below is my first attempt (free hand while looking up a few references) and if you couldn't tell, its a heavy work in progress. (LIPS ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.) Any tips? Suggestions? Want me to shop shaming the art community? Lemme know.

Human Face WIP 1.png

Lips are incredibly annoying to draw, so I normally forgo realistic styles and just do anime/manga. Though the source material is lacking in substance, the style is certainly more user friendly. I supposed just studying photos and getting the shape down is a good starting point. Great work does take practice after all.

Friendly advice

Napoleone~ 

Lips are incredibly annoying to draw, so I normally forgo realistic styles and just do anime/manga. Though the source material is lacking in substance, the style is certainly more user friendly. I supposed just studying photos and getting the shape down is a good starting point. Great work does take practice after all.

Friendly advice

Napoleone~ 

Thanks. ^^ This isn't the finished project though, just how far I wanted to get today.

Go online, find a half completed head, and use it as a reference. You'll be able to see the guide-lines and where artists will generally place and form the different parts of the face.

Also Imo for me the hardest part of drawing a person is the feet. For the life of me I can't get those down. Faces I have a lot easier time with (though I'm rusty as hell now so idk if thats true any more)

Go online, find a half completed head, and use it as a reference. You'll be able to see the guide-lines and where artists will generally place and form the different parts of the face.

Also Imo for me the hardest part of drawing a person is the feet. For the life of me I can't get those down. Faces I have a lot easier time with (though I'm rusty as hell now so idk if thats true any more)

I made my own guidelines from references but hid them when I took the screenshot. ^^ I have friends that draw so I knew I needed them x3

I made my own guidelines from references but hid them when I took the screenshot. ^^ I have friends that draw so I knew I needed them x3

> . < but its easier for us to know whats going on and how to fix it if you have those on.

I got bored. That being said I tried again, this time with an inanimate object which was no doubt easier.

IMG_3553.jpg

Why does it look like shit?

I did it on my phone AND I can't draw for anything.

Why'd you sign it?

-Shrugs- made me feel special.

Merry Christmas everyone. ^^

I recall a tutorial much like the self-made one I'm posting on LIPS (as you said you have trouble with them) but couldn't find it - so here you go. 

http://prntscr.com/dnrqaf

..it's just kinda a screenshot, the file wouldn't upload. x-x

That's just how I sketch out the shape of lips, when I end up doing realistic faces. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back