Video Games So I Bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf Today...

marshmarrow

aurelius rex
I'm late to the party, but I picked up a copy of ACNL after trading in some games at GameStop. It was a tough choice between this game and Bravely Second, but I figured with summer approaching I would like something I can unwind with, instead of another strategic fighting game.

Since I missed out on the DLC, and I have virtually no friends to play with, I became the mayor of Overlook to mainly focus on myself. I want to turn my sandbox town into a zen garden--elegant, tranquil, but an investment. I know, eventually, I will get bored. I forget to check on my town one day, and before I know it it's been six months since I last gave a damn about my town rating. At the same time, AC instantly becomes unplayable once the daily routine becomes a daily grind. Things happen in life, but I don't want to be afraid to blow the dust off, dig up some weeds, and rebuild my dream town into something better.

I haven't given much thought to the "theme" of my town, but if the name is any indication, I might go for vintage-style decor and a melancholic atmosphere, making it feel isolated but still magnificent. Hmm. I have my work cut out for me.

At this point, I don't yet have a Dream Address, but I'd love to talk about my experience so far and hear your own thoughts about the game. I have no complaints so far, and the things that originally irked me, as a long-time AC fan, are purely cosmetic. This is a wondeful entry in the franchise, and I can't wait for a Switch veesion to be released!

I love the game, myself, and picked up Happy Home Designer mostly because I played New Leaf. My town is called Moonside, and has a general "everything" feel to it - a little bit of every fruit, and a nice selection of PWPs (Public Works Projects). I've already almost paid off all of my loans, but like you, I tend to forget about it for a day and that day turns into months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back