Video Games So anyone retake their Pottermore test?

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So the new Harry Potter game, Hogwarts Legacy, got me in a mood so I retook the Pottermore test for a few reasons. One I was much younger back then when I originally took the test and I wasn't completely honest when I took the test and before anyone asks no I was not trying to get into Gryffindor. Actually the funny thing was I wasn't actually trying to get into any specific house, I just know half the test I was just kind of playing around an picking a particular aesthetic of answers for some reason until halfway through I decided hmm why don't I try to just answer with what I'd really want/do. I did this twice with the house test and the Patronus test. The only test I was 100% honest and didn't play around on was the wand test and I can attest to that because I got a completely different house and Patronus than before but my wand is exactly the same word for word.

So I am here to tell you that it turns out I'm actually a Ravenclaw and not a Hufflepuff, but I will always still have mad respect for Hufflepuff don't sleep on them.

Ooh, I mean I didn't retake my test but did take it recently and believe I was honest 100% all the way through and I'm a Hufflepuff. Just curious since your wand still came out the same what was it?

Ooh, I mean I didn't retake my test but did take it recently and believe I was honest 100% all the way through and I'm a Hufflepuff. Just curious since your wand still came out the same what was it?
Cypress wood with a dragon core 12¾" and a slightly springy flexibility.

The new game definitely has me in the Harry Potter mood as well and kinda looking forward to seeing what it will offer. (Trying not to be too hyped or have too high of expectations though) I would like have retaken the test myself, but out of emails to use for it and suppose deleting the accounts would be my only remaining option. Something to consider but so far I’ve been placed in Gryffindor both times… I don’t know if that really fits me tbh, always thought I was more Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff personally, but Gryffindor is ok I guess. Haha

Different patronus and slightly different wand though between the two.
28673726-BBDD-47D4-A78B-2F44D26D24EB.png
Lynx Patronus with that one.

B0B1C396-D12E-4616-A918-AA5EF8776DF2.png
Octicat Patronus with this one.

Edit: Can’t remember the exact years I took the test but believe they were both during my earlier years on this forum.

Last edited:
I took one last year and I'm Gryffindor, I only watched the HP films for the first time last year too oop. I don't know enough about the world from memory and yet I really wanna RP in the universe hah. But yea, I'm stoked for Legacy it looks amazing,

I took one last year and I'm Gryffindor, I only watched the HP films for the first time last year too oop. I don't know enough about the world from memory and yet I really wanna RP in the universe hah. But yea, I'm stoked for Legacy it looks amazing,
A HP rp would be fun.

I wouldn't mind doing an HP RP either, also my brother took his test today, He's in Gryffindor and is kind I disappointed about it 😆 I made a joke that he Harry Pottered himself because while it was loading he essentially said it better not be Slytherin 🤣 why does no one like being in Gryffindor?

I wouldn't mind doing an HP RP either, also my brother took his test today, He's in Gryffindor and is kind I disappointed about it 😆 I made a joke that he Harry Pottered himself because while it was loading he essentially said it better not be Slytherin 🤣 why does no one like being in Gryffindor?
Lol that’s too good. Personally it’s too mainstream maybe for me if that makes sense? Slytherin & Gryffindor we’re always amongst the most popular it’s seemed to me since my childhood. Always the most known about them. I’ve always been drawn to the lesser known/valued characters and houses, etc. idk why but always I’ve with all series and etc.

Plus, i also just always liked Ravenclaw and hufflepuff from the start. Gryffindor was always third best house imo. Personality wise too also thought I’d fit better in the two houses mentioned liking best. So Gryffindor kinda seemed third in fit as well.

Lol, that’s too good. Personally, it’s too mainstream maybe for me if that makes sense? Slytherin & Gryffindor we’re always amongst the most popular it’s seemed to me since my childhood. Always the most known about them. I’ve always been drawn to the lesser-known/valued characters and houses, etc. idk why but always I’ve with all series and etc.

Plus, i also just always liked Ravenclaw and hufflepuff from the start. Gryffindor was always third best house imo. Personality wise too also thought I’d fit better in the two houses mentioned liking best. So Gryffindor kinda seemed third in fit as well.
I actually think Slytherin would be interesting if they portrayed the way it was supposed to be instead of just all being evil blood racists. I think the idea of a house of ambition is interesting. I like the idea of a house that essentially has the drive and is willing to put their all into achieving its goals...but I never got that. Still absolutely love Hufflepuff and being one lol

Lol that’s too good. Personally it’s too mainstream maybe for me if that makes sense? Slytherin & Gryffindor we’re always amongst the most popular it’s seemed to me since my childhood. Always the most known about them. I’ve always been drawn to the lesser known/valued characters and houses, etc. idk why but always I’ve with all series and etc.

I mean I have mad respect for Hufflepuff but I cannot tell you how happy I was when I retook my test for real and it came out Ravenclaw. My original Harry Potter Character was a Ravenclaw I always loved the idea of Ravenclaw because I am very imaginative and I would like to him that's what Ravenclaws are like that they're smart and think outside the box.

I actually think Slytherin would be interesting if they portrayed I he way to was supposed to be instead of just all being evil blood racists. I think the idea of a house of ambition is interesting. I like the idea of a house that essentially has the drive and is willing to out their all into achieving its goals...but I never got that. Still absolutely love Hufflepuff and being one lol
That’s a good point. It would prove pretty interesting if the evil blood racists side wasn’t so large in its portrayal of that house. Always seeing the one side doesn’t quite show the full story, so kinda unfair, it’s true. Ravenclaw & Slytherin are kinda a thin line from each other in some ways looking back at the two. Same, don’t think I’ve met a hufflepuff hater in my existence with the series.

That’s a good point. It would prove pretty interesting if the evil blood racists side wasn’t so large in its portrayal of that house. Always seeing the one side doesn’t quite show the full story, so kinda unfair, it’s true. Ravenclaw & Slytherin are kinda a thin line from each other in some ways looking back at the two. Same, don’t think I’ve met a hufflepuff hater in my existence with the series.
You know I often wonder was Slytherin always like that or did it really only start becoming a thing when Tom Riddle aka Voldemort started attending Hogwarts? I mean I think they also said Salazar Slytherin was a blood racist too so I don't know.

I mean I have mad respect for Hufflepuff but I cannot tell you how happy I was when I retook my test for real and it came out Ravenclaw. My original Harry Potter Character was a Ravenclaw I always loved the idea of Ravenclaw because I am very imaginative and I would like to him that's what Ravenclaws are like that they're smart and think outside the box.
I can understand that tbh. I’ve always loved Hufflepuff but Ravenclaw has always been a slight touch higher for me. Similar reasons, the creative and outside the box thinking are traits I can think I’d appreciate and relate most to as well. Others too. But always had a imaginative, creative nature and at times outside of the box with my train of thought.

You know I often wonder was Slytherin always like that or did it really only start becoming a thing when Tom Riddle aka Voldemort started attending Hogwarts? I mean I think they also said Salazar Slytherin was a blood racist too so I don't know.
Same. It’s a good question to ponder and looking at Snape, it’s kinda hard to imagine that Slytherin was always like that.

I can understand that tbh. I’ve always loved Hufflepuff but Ravenclaw has always been a slight touch higher for me. Similar reasons, the creative and outside the box thinking are traits I can think I’d appreciate and relate most to as well. Others too. But always had a imaginative, creative nature and at times outside of the box with my train of thought.
The thing I find funny though is that despite Ravenclaw being the intelligent house and the door knocker that tells a riddle does make sense for them it really does but why is it the Hufflepuff pretty much the nicest house is the only house smart enough to have a defense measure to keep you out of their dorms/common room? I mean sure it's only dousing someone in vinegar but it's more than anyone else has.

Same. It’s a good question to ponder and looking at Snape, it’s kinda hard to imagine that Slytherin was always like that.
I feel like it really probably started to kick off when Tom started attending Hogwarts as I believe most o the dark wizards that existed only came into being around that time.

The thing I find funny though is that despite Ravenclaw being the intelligent house and the door knocker that tells a riddle does make sense for them it really does but why is it the Hufflepuff pretty much the nicest house is the only house smart enough to have a defense measure to keep you out of their dorms/common room? I mean sure it's only dousing someone in vinegar but it's more than anyone else has.
Personally I never understood the logic of people making fun of and antagonizing Hufflepuff, we literally make all the food you are all literally at mpur mercy 😆

Oh yeah, haha I’d forgotten about that one.

I feel like it really probably started to kick off when Tom started attending Hogwarts as I believe most o the dark wizards that existed only came into being around that time.
That does seem like the peak of their rise and biggest descent into evil and blood racist ways. Turning the reputation further in that direction, only question for me is the ancestors of the some of the major families in that house and how many were truly of the mindset we’ve come to know. The Blacks, Malfoys and etc hinted at a long history there. Perhaps less public about it? Maybe Riddle simply unlocked a door that flooded the wizarding world with more hate and publicity of it? I haven’t seen the fantastic beasts series of movies outside of a portion of the first movie so maybe I’m missing something. But could be something akin to that or simply Riddle empowered a mindset that grew to their greatest heights and happened to be of the Slytherin house in majority of their make up? Since it was his house it would provide the most time spent and easiest path to build a following.

I think it's at least in part because Slytherins tend to be the "do anything to achieve their goals" types, with emphasis on "anything." When you aren't the sort to rule out Dark magic, it's that much easier to go Dark yourself. That said, I like that we got Professor Slughorn so that we could have a good example of a Slytherin fully on the good guys' side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back