• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern smithereens [andre + lyam]

forever

bobs burgers enthusiast
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

code by yousmelldead

"Oh, it's full of nasty habits when the bitch gets back,"

The only light in the apartment comes from lamps in the living room and lights from the kitchen. There's no natural light, as Andre had put up black-out curtains on every single window when he first moved into his millionth apartment two weeks ago. When you walk into the apartment, the first thing you see is the living room with a kitchen attached to its left. A door near the couch in the living room leads to the main and only bedroom. And next to that door, is a full set bathroom. There are no special decorations that make it seem like home. However, there are little trinkets laid throughout the apartment that made it seem like /Andre/. Or at least somewhat Andre.

Elton John's 'The Bitch Is Back' plays at a high volume in the quaint apartment. Andre moves fluidly, moving his arms around in dance as he mouths the lyrics. He steps around the hardwood floor in his living room, keeping an ear out for a certain knock he was expecting.

From Lyam Chastain.

The mere thought of having a bodyguard makes Andre scoff and roll his eyes amidst the music. Andre Jameson doesn't need protection. He's strong, intellectual, and can defend himself. But sometimes, things happen, and life goes the way that you don't want. Due to certain somebody's.

The very thought of his rival makes him annoyed even more. Infuriated, even. But, if Andre's head were splattered in the night by some rival henchmen, it wouldn't be convenient. Not at all. Without their leader, Andre's allies would scatter, and there would be mayhem as to what would be done with Andre's assets and leftover criminal deals and accords he had in progress.

After his partners highly suggested, and threatened, that he got a bodyguard, Andre did some digging. He didn't post a job application on Indeed saying: Hey! I'm a highly wanted gang leader needing a bodyguard! Who wants in?

Instead, he dug around some files of people who had been in this type of business before. Not the type of bodyguards who stand outside late-night strip clubs and stare into the night. The type who was in his business realm.

That's where he found Lyam.

From there, he had sent a letter to Lyam's current residence.

Where to go, how to go, and what time to go.

No text, no phone call, nothing. Just instructions and trust that he wouldn't fuck this up and report him to the authorities. Andre would have to pull drastic measures, then.

"I'm a bitch, I'm a bitch, oh, the bitch is back, Stone cold sober as a matter of fact," Andre walks over to the door and looks out the peephole into the hallway, squinting his eyes. He remembers saying to arrive before five in the evening. It's currently 4:32 pm. He quickly turns around and nods his head to the music, whistling as he struts over towards his cat who is currently staring at him from the couch.

"Ya glaring at me?" Andre whispers with a smirk as he sways to the music, reaching down to rub his cat's ears. He lets out a sigh as he leans against the couch and stares over at the black-out curtains. In his mind, he imagines his rival waiting on a rooftop, aiming an assault rifle at his window, waiting to shoot. It almost makes him laugh.

He syncs and sings out the next lyric, "I can bitch, I can bitch, 'cause I'm better than you."

The knock makes his head snaps towards the door in a paranoid matter. He rushes up and turns off the radio before hastily walking to the door. He presses his hand against the door as he peers through the peephole.

Andre grins, "Son of a bitch. Lyam fucking Chastain." He unlocks the five [yes, five] locks installed on his door, yanks him in by the collar of his shirt, and checks to see if the hallway is clear before closing the door. He turns back and looks him up and down, before turning back to lock the door.

"So," He speaks in a subdued tone, spreading his arms out, "Welcome. You're in." Andre walks to the living room and sits down next to his cat. He waves Lyam over and points towards a love seat adjacent to him. Once Lyam sits, Andre leans and positions his arms against his knees. He tilts his head and smiles.

"This is my apartment. But! Just a few basic things. Don't go messing with my cat, do NOT go snooping through my room, either. If there is something that seems hidden or locked, keep it that way." He hums to himself, nodding his head. "I'm glad you got my letter. So... you're my bodyguard. You've been selected. You won!" Andre lets out a laugh before it quickly dies down. He turns serious, staring dead at Lyam.

"I trust you won't go betraying me, right? Loyalty is something I find... very, important." Andre smiles, but it's more threatening.

Sometimes, having no sense of loyalty is more dangerous than having loyalty you would die for.

fairyfawn fairyfawn

ANDRE JAMESON

lyam chastain
bodyguard
andre's apartment
alot
interactions

andre

First impressions are very important. And it’s very important that Lyam makes a good first impression on his new employer. Well, does he even have the job yet though? Nevermind that, Lyam is sure that he will do just fine. This isn’t his first time bodyguarding somebody, though it’s best to not dwell on that. Anyways, Lyam has never uttered a single word to the guy he is supposed to protect, he’s never met him before! That's alright. Hopefully Lyam will be able to get along with Andre.

Lyam still had the letter that had been sent to his current residence, a simple letter containing instructions… well, directions really on where to go and this and that. Some bizarre, cryptic, and eerie text message or phone call would have been nice, but Lyam was stuck with instructions. Just instructions. Well, Lyam can work with that, but he'll have to be discreet, won't he? Probably. He could do that; he could do that. He should really take this letter with him when he leaves, just to ensure that he won't forget.

Five o’clock at the apartment? No problem! Well, hopefully it won’t be a problem. Lyam has to be on time or else Andre might turn him away if he’s late and then go out and find somebody else! Time cannot be wasted here; he cannot be fashionably late. Right, Lyam should probably be getting ready to leave now, shouldn’t he? He would hate to keep Andre waiting for so long. He stuffed the letter into his pants pocket and once he double checked everything, he felt like he was ready to go now.

Every so often whilst he was making his way to the place, Lyam would check the time just to make sure he still had time left before five o'clock rolled around. He has time, plenty of time surely, he'll get there on time. After a while, Lyam finally arrived at his destination, and on time too! However, he was hoping that he hadn't kept Andre waiting for too long.

This was it. He's about to meet his boss for the first time. Lyam knocked on the door, hopefully loud enough that the knock could be heard and now he had to wait. His eyes shifted to look around the hallway, just passing the time for now whilst he waited for the sound of the door opening. Eventually, he heard the door open, and Lyam looked forward to get a good look at his boss.

Lyam hadn't even had time to say anything like a greeting or something like that rather it was him being greeted with an immediate yank of the collar of his shirt. Well, that was unexpected. Lyam entered the room with a slight stumble of his feet, as well as a huff of breath. Briefly, he had debated on if he should comment on that, but Lyam had decided that he better not. Lyam took notice of the five locks that Andre had on the door. Five locks. Is Andre truly worried that someone might come in during the middle of the night with a baseball bat or something?

No need for him to question the locks, Lyam has a good idea why there's so many.

Lyam couldn't help but let out an exhale through his nostrils, wondering on whether or not Andre has a stack of files of other potential bodyguards. He could inquire about that later, but hey he's hired! Lyam watched as Andre moved to sit down, before he was promptly motioned to sit as well. He helped himself to sitting down on the loveseat, watching Andre. Lyam listened intently to what his boss was telling him, okay so he shouldn't be snooping through Andre's things basically. "I understand." Lyam spoke, letting Andre know that he understood to not be nosy and go snooping around in his room. "Well, thank you for giving me this job." Yikes, that came out pretty awkwardly, didn't it? Lyam didn't have time to say anything else in continuation, because Andre's laughter had now died down.

"I trust you won't go betraying me, right? Loyalty is something I find... very, important."

Lyam cleared his throat in response to Andre's words, "You can trust me to protect you." Lyam piped up as a response before continuing, "I can assure you that I will not be betraying you. At all." Lyam managed to have a smile grace his lips, hoping that Andre would believe him. Lyam is very trustworthy, you can count on him!

Lyam was sure that more questions would be poured out for him to answer, but for now he was going to take the time to get adjusted to his surroundings.
coded by natasha.

mood
watchful, curious
mentions

tags
fairyfawn fairyfawn

Andre grins and nods to himself at Lyam's words. He stares at him for a split moment before he gets up from the couch without question. His footsteps echo throughout the dead quiet living room as he walks over to his bedroom without a word. He lifts his mattress and sticks his hand into a make-shift divet he made with a pocket knife. He brings out a Glock 19.

Andre steps out of the bedroom, closes the door, and throws the gun across the room at Lyam, expecting him to catch it. "Here's a gift for you," He lets out a huff and walks back to where he was previously sitting. "I don't know what you carry with you, and I really don't care. But keep it. Just in case." Andre winks at him and leans back on the couch, setting his feet on the coffee table.

"Soon, I have a meeting with the scumbag who is trying to kill me in my sleep. We're going to discuss a business exchange we have going on, one that I want out. Some of his people will be there, and some of mine will." Andre lets out a dramatic sigh and rolls his eyes. "I already know it won't go well. We have... a 90% chance we won't go anywhere with our disagreement. Now listen carefully, there are a few things you need to know. He has a henchman who has long purple hair, sort of like your length. That's his #1 man, the most violent of his men too. He ever starts breathing shallow or his eyes get super big, watch yourself."

Andre clears his throat and glances over towards his cat who is now sleeping peacefully, surprisingly not disturbed by the new presence in the apartment. "The guy who wants to kill me. People call him Laymans. Not his real name, though no one really calls each other by their real name in case there are rats. But, Laymans and I go way back, even since I took up my role." Andre turns his back towards Lyam and tugs down the collar of his shirt, exposing a three-inch-long scar right next to his deltoid muscle. "He quite literally stabbed me in the back once. Such a pain in my ass, I had to be hooked on antibiotics and hydrocodone for weeks." He rolls his eyes at the memory and turns to his original position where he was facing Lyam. "So watch yourself with that too. And don't say a single fucking word to him, okay? You'll just... set something off in him. I'll do all the talking."

Andre gets up from his seat on the couch and struts over towards the kitchen. He's done talking about business, really.

"I'm such a horrible host, I haven't even offered you anything to drink," He shouts, saying it more like a joke because he won't feel less of himself. "You're free to help yourself here, I guess. Don't see why you wouldn't be allowed when you'll be near me most of the time."

Andre graciously lifts himself up and sits on the granite counter, staring at Lyam. "Come over here! You're gonna tell me about yourself or what, Lyam? Or will you forever be the mysterious, strong blonde man who I'll never get the chance to meet?" He lets out a laugh, the smile staying on his face.

"And don't tell me about the basics. I know the basics."

andre jameson

code by low fidelity.

lyam chastain
bodyguard
andre's apartment
very curious ngl
interactions

andre

The smile seemed to fade away from Lyam's lips, it seemed like Andre had believed him. Besides, why would Lyam betray his new boss? When Andre got up to leave, brown optics began to take a good look around the room, finally taking notice of the blackout curtains. This is a nice little apartment, and the loveseat is so cozy and comfortable. Lyam is already making himself feel at home here.

The bodyguard was abruptly startled by Andre's return, which he wasn't unexpecting. But he was not scared! Oh! Andre is tossing something his way; he must catch it! Yes, he cannot let whatever it was drop! In a quick haste, Lyam managed to catch the gun, hoping it wouldn't fall out of his grasp. Lyam would’ve preferred a knife over this, shiny and sharp, knives are very nice. But this will have to do alongside knives. What a lovely gift from his new boss that he will keep; he’ll set it aside for now and not bother with it.

He straightened up his posture, eyes flicking to watch Andre as he talked about having a meeting with said rival that is trying to murder him. Lyam assumed that he would be going as well; why wouldn’t he be going? Wow, his first meeting! He listened with intent interest on the apparent henchman Andre was going on about. Right, Lyam has to watch himself. “So, is he really that bad or something?” He asked for confirmation. Don't worry, Lyam will watch himself around the henchman, but still.

The rival’s “name” is Laymans. Lyam should take note of that. Though his brows furrowed in inquiry when Andre began to turn his back towards him, briefly wondering what he was doing. Oh. A scar. Lyam's eyes were fixated on the scar, tuning in to Andre's words about how the scar had gotten there. Honestly, Lyam wasn't sure if he should say anything about it. There was a small movement of his lips though he didn’t say anything. No, he should say something. “Has he done anything else besides that?” Lyam asked. Surely Laymans must have done a lot right? Surely Lyam isn't throwing too many questions at Andre.

So… Lyam can't say anything to the rival? He’ll have to hold his tongue and let Andre do all the talking? So sad. But he can follow Andre's orders of course. He gave a small now of his head, "I understand." He said before continuing, "but I'm rather curious. What does he look like?" He already had a few guesses. But he cannot just sit and wait and find out. He wants to know now! Slicked back hair covered in hair gel, maybe a pinstripe suit. Or maybe Laymans is way taller than him! He might be incorrect on these guesses, but he was curious.

Finally, mentions of drinks! Andre is such a nice boss and host. Lyam is not an alcoholic beverage consumer, he usually strays away from those kinds of drinks, he could probably settle for some water here. But here’s to hoping that Andre doesn’t mind that Lyam smokes cigarettes. Yes, he’ll be hanging around Andre a lot, though he’s not going to be hovering over Andre 24/7 or anything like that, he'll be giving Andre his space.

Lyam got up from his seat on the cozy loveseat to wander over to Andre. He’ll help himself to a drink, he’ll find something to drink.

But what is he going to tell Andre who already knows the basics? Lyam’s lips temporarily pursed in thought as he wondered what to start with. “Well,” Lyam finally spoke up as he cleared his throat, "I am probably the worst cook out there." He began, and a small short-lived laugh left his mouth. Right, he should continue, and he'll most likely end up rambling but that is alright. Ah, what else should he talk about? "I'm pretty sure ghosts exist, my handwriting is the worst, I stay up late and watch horror movies…" Not that he's scared of them! Haha, horror movies definitely don't scare him at all! Lyam is just saying whatever comes to mind.

And then he trailed off from rambling. Hmmm should he continue? Lyam hardly knew anything about Andre to be honest so maybe he should let Andre speak now.

Oh, maybe they could take turns. Maybe.
coded by natasha.

mood
watchful, curious, energized
mentions

tags
fairyfawn fairyfawn

"Surely you can't be the worst cook," Andre grins with disbelief. In his opinion, Andre would classify himself as a pretty decent cook. He can make pretty much anything: eggs, baked goods, sauces. Nothing too complex or fancy, but any basics that belong in a well-rounded cookbook. Andre was lucky as a child. Both of his parents, primarily his mother, let him take control of the kitchen and learn a thing or two. It's one of his favorite memories, baking loaves of bread and cakes with his mother when he was a teenager back at their home in Italy.

He wonders how she's doing now. It makes him realize he can't remember the last time he called her.

His thoughts are cut short when he hears Lyam speak up again. "I'm pretty sure ghosts exist, my handwriting is the worst, I stay up late and watch horror movies…"

Believes in ghosts. Bad handwriting. Watches horror movies.

Andre doesn't believe in ghosts or spirits.

But horror movies! He loves horror movies. In fact, he actually has a few DVDs of horror movies that he'll rewatch late at night for entertainment. He says exactly that.

"Oh, I actually have a few horror movies hidden somewhere. We should watch one! Midsommar would be great...maybe Hereditary. You think I should, ah, head over to the store and get some popcorn?" Andre jokes and giggles, looking down at the floor and then back up at him. A smile graces his lips as there's a silence that encompasses them.

Andre bites his lip before he speaks up again before the silence could get too awkward. "I guess I'll say some things about myself. Y'know, eye for an eye." He brings his legs up on the counter so he's sitting criss-cross on the granite counter. Andre whistles to himself for a second in thought before he begins mumbling.

"Well... I got my cat, Charlie, just over a year ago, he's currently four years ago." He gestures toward the sleeping cat on the couch. "I found him on the street. I was walking home one day after getting something done and I saw him sleeping on the floor in an alleyway. Decided to bring him to my apartment since no one else was there. And now he's all healthy." Andre grins wildly, remembering the first day he brought him in, his helpless cries as he attempted to give him a bath to get rid of the fleas and grime.

He ponders for a moment what he can share without getting too personal. "I've been in this... I don't know, "business" for eight years now. I was kind of involved before that, but, not to this extreme of an extent. My dad was murdered when I was eighteen, so, naturally," He waved his hands in a showy manner, pointing towards himself. "I had to take that role."

Andre chuckles as he remembers something funny. Or at least, bittersweet. "My girlfriend at the time actually broke up with me because of that. Saying the same stereotypical bullshit a normal civilian would say to their hero boyfriend." He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "But it's all good, we would've never lasted anyway. She was crazy."

He remembers her. Decently tall with short, brown hair and brown eyes.

But, he can say without a doubt that he doesn't miss her.

Maybe just the idea of it.

A light bulb lights above his head before he snaps his head up towards Lyam. A mischievous smile comes upon his face as he appears giddy like a taunting child. "Lyam," He starts, with a teasing tone to his voice, "Have you ever had a girlfriend?" Andre laughs. "Protect her from all the bad men on the street? Mr. Bodyguard."

andre jameson

code by low fidelity.

lyam chastain
bodyguard
andre's apartment
fine
interactions

andre

“Please, I assure you that I am the worst cook.” Lyam insisted with a smile. It’s true! Lyam has never been much of a cook; he’ll usually just heat food up and that’s it. Usually, he’ll just end up burning the food if he tries to cook something or even bake something! “I don’t have that much cooking experience.” He went on briefly. Lyam proceeded to busy himself with getting a glass of water, very refreshing. He allowed Andre to speak; yes, yes, they can take turns speaking facts about themselves. Lyam took a few sips of water. And then Andre proceeded to talk about how he has some horror movies and if he should get some popcorn.

Oh.

Well… it’s not like Lyam is scared of horror movies or anything! Not at all. Lyam totally loves sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and other snacks whilst watching horror movies late at night. “Go right ahead.” Lyam said jokingly before he continued, “I’ll have a little look at what horror movies you got and pick one then.” The bodyguard hummed out. Besides, it's not like they're actually going to sit down and watch a horror movie with popcorn, right? Anyways, Lyam was anticipating more words from his boss.

Andre told Lyam about his cat, and Lyam turned his head to look at the sleeping cats. The bodyguard managed to give a soft smile, “Well, I do love cats.” He commented casually before taking a few more sips of water. Quite frankly, it was easy to tell that Lyam’s curiosity and interest was perked up as Andre talked, him remaining mostly quiet and listening in. So, Andre has been in the business for eight years? Lyam let out a quiet hum, looking down at his glass. "Am I your first bodyguard?" He inquired. Lyam wondered if Andre had past bodyguards in the eight years.

He said no more as Andre began to talk about his past girlfriend and how she broke up with him. His eyebrows furrowed a little, half expecting his boss to say something else about it. Hmmm, nothing else. Lyam was getting ready to take his turn on sharing more about himself when he paused for a moment to look up at Andre.

It looked like Andre had a mischievous sort of smirk on his face. He inched back a little bit.

Oh no.

"Oh well," Lyam paused and swallowed before continuing, "I've been in a couple relationships in the past." He told Andre, this time he downed the rest of his water and set the glass aside for the time being. He's been in a couple of relationships before. His lips pursed whilst he wondered if he should say something else about it or if it's his turn to say something about himself. He thought about it for a brief moment. "Well, I've been bodyguarding for..." Lyam trailed off to think, "a while. Maybe six years? But this isn't my first time." Hmmm, maybe seven years. Lyam shrugged his shoulders; was that information in his file? Maybe or maybe not.

coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back