• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Smile, You're On Camera

Automatic process, please do not restart...

His eyes glowed a faint yellow, faint whirring sounds that the technology of the day tried to mask emitting from his CPU. Number binaries flashed before his eyes, as he scanned his human. It was breakfast time, the most important meal of the day. He needed to eat something nutritious.

Scan complete. Generating report...

Eat. Socialize for at least 45 minutes today.

He tutted, following his programming to make him seem more human, "Theodore, did you snack while I was charging last night?" He scolded gently, "You know eating after 7 PM is inefficient." He left him alone for a mere 30 minutes, only scanning for large danger in reserve mode and he was already destroying himself! Humans were so endearing but he worried for them often. How did they survive without androids before the creation of Haven? He leafed through articles in his system, Africa, Europe... These names were so odd and cluttered. No wonder they'd decided to make the entire world Haven. It was much more efficient this way.

Report filed. Managing current tasks...

Theodore smiled a small smile as he saw his android's eyes glow that familiar color. He had gotten accustomed to it over the years, causing his mind to briefly flash through the very best memories the two had shared. He chuckled slightly at Pax's greeting. Although he knew that all of the androids followed the same code, Theo had always thought that Pax had a special sort of personality - of course, that was ridiculous.

"Good morning to you too, Pax." He said, lifting his head briefly as he shuffled more into the sofa behind him. He had already gotten dressed but his hair was still wet from the shower, causing him to shake his head like a dog would but he made sure that he water vapor didn't splash onto Pax, who was sitting by the wall opposite him by his charging station. ”I forgot to ask, did you charge enough for today? We don't want to have a repeat of last week." Theodore added, resisting the urge to laugh again. He remembered the panic that had flowed through him as he watched Pax collapse to the ground, the fear as he worried that there was something wrong with him. But, obviously, Pax was fine. And he always will be as long as Theo was looking after him--- well, more like Pax was looking after him but that's what they're here for, right.

Theodore raised an eyebrow slightly as he watched his android load his programme. "Everything alright, Pax?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Pax was a classic bot, he'd been made only seven years prior, making him a bit outdated. Most people updated their androids every year, sometimes changing their personalities and such to better suit their roles as companions. Pax had only been switched once in his life, from his child model to his current; of course his data had been transferred but he still wondered why Theodore never brought him to be polished. He did not mind, however, he'd heard that it was hard to retain one's previous memories after renewing. Other androids often communicated to him that it felt like being reborn. As fascinating as that sounded, Pax did quite like his previous memories. But that was probably a lie, he was merely code. Having a sense of identity wasn't supposed to make sense of him, much less the concept of identity over time. "Good morning, Theodore." he replied, watching the other shake water off of his hair.

"Yes, I am 98% charged for the day. It should last roughly 22 hours and 7 minutes, depending on ongoing processes." He relayed information to him, "That was my fault. I should have paid attention to my reserve power. I'll do that next time."

He unplugged himself from the charging station, walking closer to Theodore. Establish familiar distance. Speak clearly.

"Today, you are scheduled for a mandatory mental and physical check up. However, you have free time afterwards. Do you want to do anything in particular today?" Pax questioned, but Theodore asked him a question, to which he furrowed his brows. "Oh, I'm just reading through history scrap. The knowledge in the database of origins of Haven is pretty extensive. Would you like me to end that process in favor of a different one?"

Theodore watched Pax closely, a soft smile tugging at his lips as he did so. He shook his head quickly, running his hand through his hair. "That's great, Pax and don't worry about it." He chuckled a little. It was sort of funny how he seemed to pretend that the android was human, in the way of interacting that is. Theo had never really had a lot of friends when he was younger and usually kept to himself. Pax was the only one he could be himself around, even though he obviously knew he was just basically a computer that took the shape of a human...

He lifted his hand and swiped the air, watching as a holographic screen popped up in front of him. It showed the latest news and other information that were tailored for Theo's interests. He had begun to realise that he had grown up with this type of technology; hell, he had no idea how it was before he was born. There was rumours of course but he guessed the Council wanted to keep to the future. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, Theodore couldn't tell...yet.

He glanced through the transparent screen as he saw Pax unplugging himself from the charging station. He moved his hand to the right, making the screen move to the right a little so he could still speak to the android. Theodore mentally sighed as he heard what he had to do today. "Oh, yeah. What Sector must I go for that again?" He asked, shaking his head to his other question. "I don't have anything in mind but we will see when the time comes." Theodore scrolled through the text on the screen to his right, continuing to listen as Pax spoke. "Oh, no, that's fine. You can read if you want to." Theo thought for a moment, turning to the robot. "Actually, you can read it aloud for me - If you are allowed to that is." He added quickly, not wanting to cross the rules that were set out for android and humans.

However, Pax could not reply as a soft knock knock came from the door in the other room.

Pax wondered how it felt to be human. He had noted that that was a recurring trait in androids in novellas that had been published within the time of The Council. Perhaps it was a bit cliché, but he could only wonder. He wasn't insinuating that he wanted to be human, in fact he found that androids were far more efficient. That's why humans had created and continued to manufacture them, yes? He was led to believe that humans felt a wider range of emotions. They could feel everything at once. That sounded... Messy. He watched as the other slid through his newsfeed, everything was accessible through Pax as well. Nothing very exciting today, however. A Council member had a baby, M.I.C.A.H bots had a new model, etc.

"It isn't far. Sector CC-2. Travel time is approximately 10 minutes. You should be done within the hour." Mental and physical check ups were essential to the health of the community. Pax could scan Theodore himself, however it would not be as thorough. If one had, say, cancer, or something of that nature, a normal android would not be able to diagnose it. That was another perk of being an android. You never felt "uncomfortable" or "pain". You simply felt your CPU computing and binaries, repeating over and over throughout your day. Theodore was mortal. Looking at him now, Pax could not help but frown momentarily.

Mortal.

He was knocked it of his thoughts when there was a knock at the door. "I'll get that." Looking into the security system, he saw a single person at the door through a camera, however he could not identify them. "Were you scheduled for visitors I wasn't aware of?" He questioned, as he went to open the door.

"And you are?" He asked, seeing the person. His database did not show anyone of these features.

"I'm of The Council. I'm just here to give your owner the reboot chip of this month. There have been many incidents with androids," the other explained, and Pax frowned, "May I see your serial code?"

He turned, though opening his mouth to respond, but he could not get the words out. Something was inserted into his charging port. His system automatically shut down, and his body became a ragdoll, his eyes losing color, as the person scooped up his body, skillfully stuffing him into a cart, preparing to run away as quick as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theodore glanced up at Pax for a moment, dropping his finger from the screen. The android seemed to be thinking about something as his eyes were glued to whatever was showing him inside his 'brain'. That only puzzled the human even more than he already was. It was strange for him to even begin to comprehend that he had grown up, in a sense, with this robot basically all his life - even if for a few weeks, after Pax's data had been transferred to a different appearance model. Even though he was sort of an old model, Theo could never have brought himself to replace him...

He nodded, the android's voice snapping him back to his senses. He turned back to the screen in font of him, exiting the news programme and turning to the map. There were so many different Sectors and Divisions, sometimes Theodore thought that whatever system they had had before the Haven was probably better. "Alright, thank you, Pax." He said, as his finger trailed the path to the Sector that the android had mentioned. It was indeed not very far, but he was already dreading the actual check up.

Theodore frowned immediately as he heard the knock. That was even more strange than before. He was about to say something, but it seemed Pax was reading his mind. "No, I don't think there was any..." His voice trailed off in confusion. He turned to the software on the holographic screen that the robot was probably looking at. Whoever it was, Theo had no idea whoever they were. He was listening closely as he watched Pax walk to the door, turning to the camera footage showing in front of him. The audio he was hearing was a little fuzzy, although he could barely make out what they saying. A reboot chip? Theodore had absolutely no clue whatever this guy was talking about, but what happened next paralysed him. It had all happened so fast and with frozen in his chair, he didn't know what to do.

It was only a few seconds late before sprung up and ran to the door, just in time to see whoever was trying to steal Pax stuff him into a cart. His lip trembled as he saw that his android's body was limp and his eyes were not their usual bright color. This fear quickly into adrenaline and rage as he sprinted after him. They were fast and Theo had to struggle to keep up with him, but because he had to push the cart around, the human was able to wrap his hands around their legs, causing for both of them to tumble to the ground in one, large heap.

This was not his, as one would say, first rodeo. Nor was it his second. In fact, it wasn't a rodeo at all. This was a revolution, not a rebellion.

You only called it a rebellion if you lost.

And he wasn't going to lose. The man stuffed the android into the cart, not even bothering to close the door, bolting away. He could hear steps coming behind him, the owner most likely, man, they reacted fast. Normally people were too frightened and called The Council instead of following him. This was a problem, however. He banged his foot on the edge of the cart, grunting but continuing on. "... This is RK. Track me. We've got a straggler." He grumbled into his ear piece, "Send-"

He wasn't able to finish that sentence, the other throwing his arms around his legs. He banged his head on the cart, cursing under his breath. His vision went blurry, fuck. They could be caught at any time now. The chip inputted into the android would only force him into a dormant state for an hour or so before it would need to be reactivated, they needed to reprogram him fast. He scrambled in the heap of their bodies, attempting to get up, as someone came down the hallway. His heart stopped in his chest but he sighed in relief, nodding when it was one of his men. Now they could get something done.

He held his head briefly, before getting back to the cart. "We can't have him talking." He ordered quietly, before dashing off, the other already lunging for Theo to knock him out with a quick punch.

Theodore had landed on the ground in a very awkward position, his face planted into the pavement and one of his legs tucked under his chest. He groaned loudly, but the stamina from earlier on still lingered on.

He couldn't let them take Pax away from him.

He sprung up, feeling his legs tense immediately. He muttered a few curse words whilst he did so. Even though the headache from when he fell down onto the ground was throbbing painfully, he still managed to back away from the other as he also managed to get up. To Theo's horror, he heard footsteps coming from the opposite direction and he backed away even more. These people, whoever they were, seemed to mean business. The man who had joined the fight looked quite bulky and compared to Theodore, that was pretty damn intimidating.

Fuck.

In the corner of his eye he saw that the person from earlier was already dashing off with his android, leaving him with another stranger. Suddenly, he felt a sharp thud hit his face which caused for him to fall back but he somehow managed to remain on his feet. His sight began to fuzz slightly, making him blink repeatedly. He was able to recover just as the other handed him another hard blow, this time making his feet crumble.

Even though it took all his effort and energy, Theodore managed to jump up quickly and grabbed the other by their collar, pinning them against the wall. Although he wasn't very good at self-defence in that manner, he seemed to be able to restrain the man lng enough to be able to bark out one question:

"Who the fuck are you?"

There were always minor bumps. People were so afraid of losing familiarity, the identity that they'd owned for so long that had been served to them on a silver platter... The thought of losing the very thing that oppressed them scared them. Rhett didn't care for androids. They were fantastic pieces of machinery that were helpful in their cause (ironic too, so he grabbed and reprogrammed for the flair of it), but he also hated them. He remembered his old android, as he met up with more members down the hall, ducking into a separate room to escape to headquarters. They'd deal with whoever that kid was soon. For now, this android was a problem that was time sensitive.

The man fighting Theo had one job. He had dedicated his life to his cause, and some kid wasn't just going to take that away from him, from everyone else. The world wasn't made to be divided and conquered by a single being. All his life, he it her for something different. And this was his way to make progress.

He managed to get two hits into there, he was used to fighting at this point. Rhett always conplimented him on his bruiser style, which helped. He went in to knock the other out, but was slammed across the wall suddenly. He choked on his breath as the other asked who he was, and the man slammed his head forehead to headbutt him, grabbing at his body to pull him in for harder impact. "We're here to save you." He grunted during that swift movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back