• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Small Poems

Kazu

The Forgettor
Heya everyone, Kazuko here. Just thought I'd share some of my poetry with me - I honestly think it's one of my few strong points I have, though I rarely ever cut myself slack and usually complain of it some way or another. X'D Either way, I'll just get straight to the point and share. This probably will be my only post for a while as my writing is extremely spontaneous and... yeah. @_@ 

Hiraeth -

I dreamed of a home

filled with happiness and love,

but never could find it,

as if it had flown away like a dove.

But I yearn for it still,

and wished each night,

till my thoughts overfilled

of the home that never was.

Of Traitors -

Of traitors I spit and dance,

beyond truths of darker past,

before my life end as if merely a trance,

for reality is grimy and downcast. 

The wicked lies beneath a good,

a skin of fortune,

perhaps sainthood,

but one thing among us,

in all of all...

is a traitor - despicable - to us all.

Retrospect -

Look upon the past,

while the night breaks through the light

and there find your past mistakes,

though take them as you might;

your actions speak louder than words

no matter what they say,

so leave behind what has occurred 

as dawn breaks through the day.

Aaaand that's all I have for now. Aaa probably gonna be really embarrassed about posting these, but whatever. I hope whoever read this enjoyed, hopefully.

I enjoyed them. :)  Your structure and stuff is cool, with the whole ABAB style you got there. 

If you want something constructive, maybe try other rhyming forms like ABAC ABAC, of course meaning that each letter correspondes to the line that rhymes. :P  But you probably knew that. 

Thanks so much, Destructus! I tend to lean towards doing the ABAB style because it's most easiest to me, but I think I will try doing some other forms of rhyming. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back