• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Slow Post Typing

JustNicole

It seems like once a message in the windows gets beyond a certain number of characters, the website's ability to process and enter what you are typing on your keyboard slows down dramatically, to the point where I am sitting here waiting for five minutes for the website to finish registering my keyboard clicks on a long post I am writing. Is there a reason this is happening? Some sort of character limit that I am reaching? I have never struggled with such problems before in the past, this has only started occuring since the most recent website changes. For reference, I use Windows 10 Google Chrome with plently of RAM so I am sure such a thing is not the problem. 

Other people have said they encounter that also, particularly when using the Night Life theme.  Are you using it?  Have you tried typing long posts in the default theme, and is it still slowed?

I seem to recall someone saying that typing delays are generally on the computer end, not on the site end, but not being a technical person I can't confirm this.  I do use Chrome myself (Win7) and haven't had that problem, but I could just be lucky.

It happens to me occasionally with the default theme using Google Chrome but only if I have copied and pasted a large amount of text from another thread.  It just might be a software issue. 

It happens to me occasionally with the default theme using Google Chrome but only if I have copied and pasted a large amount of text from another thread.  It just might be a software issue. 

Yes, it did happen to me when dealing with a large amount of text I copy and pasted from another thread.

Just now, SweetNicole said:

Yes, it did happen to me when dealing with a large amount of text I copy and pasted from another thread.

My advice for now is to type what you want to type before pasting in anything that comes from a separate source (be it a thread or a word editor).  This way, you can get what you want done much quicker. :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back