• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Slave Days

Lixy

In Denial That I Have an Internet Addiction
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

25th March, 3019

A Millennium of Peace?

by Millar Jones

robot-jobs-and-human.jpg

Earth, 3019, March 25th, the one thousand year anniversary of the great war. It is today that we celebrate the victory that came after almost 50 years of battle, celebrate the downfall of the HIAs, the hyper-intelligent android race. We've learnt about it in every history lesson for decades, but with new legislation being put forward, will our ancestors work be foreshadowed?

With augmentation becoming more widespread as day continue, local government parties have argued that the line between HIAs and Humans has become too thin to hold up in a court of law.

"For almost a thousand years, [androids] have been legally kept as slaves, but now with higher augmentation limitations, it's becoming easier to argue that the average Joe is an android," says a specialized HIC lawyer, Andrew Higgens. "The laws simply can't keep definitions of android and human separate anymore. What this means is either a case-by-case law, which can be tricky and unjust, or the complete eradication of HIC slave laws." He adds in his exclusive interview with us.

Within the month, the HIA Slavery laws will either be abolished or tightened, either of which could possibly bringing chaos to the streets of New Beijing.

Make sure to vote positive of negative in this month's upcoming elections to see your opinion considered in the mounting decision of New Beijing's future in android-Human communications and equalizations. [cont. page 2]

17th May, 3019

Legal Lag for Android Rights

by Michael Fisher

The continuing debate for complete android freedom continues months after Human Rights Party leader, Jun-un Brown resigns his position to join the Android Movement.
images

"HIAs are sentient beings, just like Gorgal, and Humans," He says at his final press conference as Party leader, "It brings me great sadness to see so many enslaved androids when I walk the streets with my daughter. I hate having to explain to her why our live-in maid, an android, cannot come with us into the restaurant. It breaks my heart,"

The public vote seems to be split almost 50/50, and as this new constitution drags on, it looks as though this debate could go to either side. [cont. page 4]

30th November, 3019

Victory or Defeat?; Answers at Last

by Lee Preston

human-vs-robot-13.jpg

After almost a full year of continuous back-and-forth between two opposing forces, an agreement has finally been settled, and androids walk free on this day.

"I'm so glad to finally have a voice," Miona Chi, a former enslaved android, is the first android to be on national television since 2017. She speaks out at an international press-conference on behalf of all android-kind.

"The battle for android freedom is far from over," Chi states to the world, "We will still need to overcome many obstacles in order to be finally at equals with the other races of this planet."

A recent report from officials shows that the vote was the closest a vote has every been in recorded history, only tens of people separating HIAs from their freedom or enslavement.

It is now officially a crime to hold a member of any race against their will or conscious and capable consent, much as laws against Human and Alien Life slavery that have existed for centuries. Thousands of androids that have never left residential houses have been released or evacuated, and millions more are expected to be released within the 30-day grace period. By the turn of the year, New Beijing's population is expected to increase by 15% with international androids being released and registered by the state, becoming official members of our city.

Other cities such as Dubai expect increases as high as 52% with the amount of now-illegal slave trade which will soon be police enforced. [cont. page 2]

So the idea is, I would like about 5ish Humans/Aliens, maybe a few police officers and 5ish Androids

I kind of have a story-line in mind, mostly revolving around an anti-android terrorist group

Any interested?

Very cool, I'm interested in joining.

I'll tag you when I make the RP :)

You too then

There will be more information in the RP thread when I make it

I've made the RP, though I haven't finished yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back