• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Slasher Shogun

Face Nemesis

BLADE Mechanic
On a chilly October night, a few days before Halloween, a group of teens decide to meet at an old secluded building. This location, a few hours away from their homes, is an abandoned settlement made by American and Asian railroad workers. Alice Knight, a young girl with a passion for horror, suggested that the group visit this building. She came hoping to have a little scary fun just before Halloween, but something more sinister than she could ever guess is at play...

This night, these teenagers are in for the most horrifying experience in their lives. In this game, anything can happen. However, it is very likely that blood will spill... Within this small group, not all can make it out alive. The amount of survivors is up to you, the players. Will you survive the night, or will you fall victim to the coming slaughter? Only time will tell...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:00 PM on October 28. A long-abandoned settlement was engulfed in nearly pitch-black darkness, with nothing but the sound of eerie wind keeping the area from being entirely silent. The moon hung over the sky in a foreboding sense; almost completely visible, but not quite. While the town was mostly empty, the old community center was no longer undisturbed. Just a few feet from the entrance, a young teenage girl held up a lamp to illuminate her view. In the light of the lamp, her smile might have seemed a little too crazy-looking. She had a wide grin stretched across her face. For years, she'd dreamed of making her own horror movie. Today was the closest she'd ever come to that goal.

"They should be here any second now... I hope I won't be waiting too long." Alice muttered. She sounded impatient and perhaps irritated, but her heart was racing. She peered out into the distant paths, hoping to see someone else making their way towards her. She wasn't sure how much longer she could wait, but she knew it was her own fault for showing up an hour early. She made sure everything was all set for them. Spending the night in an old creepy building sounded like the best possible Halloween event she could have possibly come up with, and having some of her friends along for the ride would just make it better. Now, she just had to wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sonata rolled to a stop outside the community center. Sora had driven herself there, and locked the car. Stowing her keys safely in her pocket, she pulled her jacket on before sliding her bag over her should. Inside clinked a few bottles softly - two glass bottled Cokes, and a bottle of Vodka. She had a drinking problem, and should have left it at home. She began to walk around the building, until she saw Alice. Releasing a sigh, she came up to her.

"...h...hi..." She started. "...I...I made it, Alice."

Staring out the window of his brother's car, Evan observed the moody and desolate scenery around him and felt a sense of nervous curiosity seep into him. The car reached the front of the designated building.

"We're good here. Thanks for the lift," Evan said as he stepped out of the car, camera in hand and backpack on back. Instead of saying "you're welcome", his brother simply told him not to turn into a ghost and come back to haunt everyone in a very condescending matter, which Evan sarcastically laughed off as he drove back home.

"Hey Al, glad to see ya! Nice of you to show up early. 'Course, knowing you, that's a given," Evan said, walking up. "You know, I'm really digging the locale you chose. It's really macbre-meets-gloom if you know what I mean. Very ominous."

Evan then noticed out of the corner of his eye that somebody else had also shown up.

"Oh hey, didn't see you there," Evan said. "I don't think we've met. Al, is this one of your movie buddies?"

It finally seemed like people were starting to arrive. The first person to walk over to Alice was Sora. Alice grinned at the sight of the girl, even though they weren't exactly close friends. Knowing that someone had actually decided to join her was nice. "Hey, Sora! Glad to see you were able to make it. I was hoping that you'd show up." She spoke slightly ominously, like she was going to follow up with something interesting. In fact, she was going to. However, just before she could, Evan showed up. As he walked over, Alice leaned over a little closer to Sora. "I'll talk to you soon, there's something I need to tell you." She whispered before looking back over at her close friend.

"Hey, Evan!" She waved to the boy excitedly. "Yeah, it's a really cool place. It looks like the perfect place to make a movie... Maybe I'll come up with some ideas while we're here." She commented. After saying this, she realized that Evan and Sora had never met. "Oh, right! This is Sora. She's... well, we watch movies sometimes. I just figured I'd go ahead and invite her to come along, too. She's a little shy, so I figured a little bit of fun with other people wouldn't hurt her." She glanced back at Sora. "This is Evan. He's the other really big film fan in our group. If you get along with me, the two of you will probably get along, too." She smiled, hoping that the two wouldn't end up hating each other...

Sora blushed lightly, nodding to Alice. She watched her sometimes movie buddy go greet someone else, and she shrunk back into the shadows. She didn't know much about anyone...but Alice was cute as always...

...why did she want to meet at such a desolate place though? It didn't make terrible sense, after all.

"Nice to meet ya, Sora. Evan York at your service," Evan said, sticking out his hand for Sora to shake. "I hope you're as excited as I am for this little expedition. Well, excited and a little creeped out too, but you know what I mean."

His head in his hand, Tetsuya facepalmed. "Why am I going to this thing?"

The car bumped and shook on the old back road that lead to the cultural center. Tetsuya hated dragging his 1980's Catalac on the old dusty roads as he had found his barrings again and began to drive once again. His hand expertly shifting the gear shift into its proper gearing every so often, as need be. The woods had grown over a majority of the area, frustratingly. He could barely see a thing, it being night in the woods and all.

Reguardless, he made it. He made it, and safely. A tad late, but safe.

Out of the old car he stepped into the night. The grown over old building lied right atop some old tracks from the contenential railroad. By the entrance, stood three people. Alice, and two others he didn't know. Reguardless, he walked towards them.

"Look at who the zombies dragged in."

Tetsuya gave the lazy two-fingered wave to them all, sighing. "So, I hope everyone brought their sleeping accommodations. I don't have more than one sleeping bag and I'm not sharing."

Sora went red and bowed. "H-hello! N-nice to meet you!" She then shuffled behind Alice fearfully, hiding. She was terribly shy, honestly.

Xion136 said:
Sora went red and bowed. "H-hello! N-nice to meet you!" She then shuffled behind Alice fearfully, hiding. She was terribly shy, honestly.
"Oh... uh..." Evan put his hand back at his side. "Okay then. Nice to meet you too."

I can tell that she might be a tough nut to crack. The shy ones always are... Evan thought.

NeverBetter said:
"Look at who the zombies dragged in."
Tetsuya gave the lazy two-fingered wave to them all, sighing. "So, I hope everyone brought their sleeping accommodations. I don't have more than one sleeping bag and I'm not sharing."
"Well, if it isn't good ol' Tetsuya. Glad to see you're in a good mood tonight," Evan said sarcastically. "I'm sure that Alice here has made the necessary preparations for us... right Alice?"

Hissatsuken said:
"Oh... uh..." Evan put his hand back at his side. "Okay then. Nice to meet you too."
I can tell that she might be a tough nut to crack. The shy ones always are... Evan thought.

"Well, if it isn't good ol' Tetsuya. Glad to see you're in a good mood tonight," Evan said sarcastically. "I'm sure that Alice here has made the necessary preparations for us... right Alice?"
Tetsuya sighed. "As good a mood as I can be. My suspension is gonna need work, these back roads are no place for a classic car." He yawned and walked back offer to his car, bringing put everything he had brought in preparation. Booze, food, the sort. Being the guy he was, he was prepared enough... for himself. Flash light, instant torch, mini-hatchet... dammit, he forgot to sharpen the hatchet. It's about sharp enough to bruse a banana, but not even slightly cut it. "I guess this can go away..." He put it back in his car, and instead put his smaller knife with a flint strip on the back in his pocket. It wasn't a good knife, but he was always a little bit of a pyro, at least the fact it could strike a spark was comforting.

He brought the store bags of stuff up onto his forearms, shut the door carefully, and carried his bag of snacks and drinks, among other miscellaneous items, and brought them back to the front. "I did come prepared to party, however. Like usual."

Scotty trudged along the path, having been dropped off a way out by, embarrassingly enough, his father. He shrugged as best he could under his fairly heavy backpack. It wasn't like he didn't love his parents, but, well, it wasn't exactly 'teenagerly' to be dropped off places by your parents.

At some point, he'd stopped following the main roads, and just cut across on some old footpaths that barely existed anymore, lending the whole thing just that little bit more atmosphere, as well as being good for his cardio. He's no outdoorsman, but he could appreciate the value of a nice walk every now and then. Especially when it culminated in some thematic hanging out with friends. As he walked, his thoughts wandered further, from what he'd do once he arrived and contemplating the sounds of nature around him, to comparing the pros and cons of telepathy versus telekinesis and wondering what kind of parents name their child Bear, all the way to a sudden realisation that the sounds of nature were just thousands of animals all trying to get laid at once. Just like high school.

Scotty's rollercoaster of thought came to a halt as the path turned a corner, and some old town came into view. Looked really empty and abandoned. Probably because it was empty and abandoned, but you could never be too careful. Whole thing had a slightly creepy atmosphere to it, which was probably why Alice's invitation was worded so excitedly. He took a moment to pause and shake the creepy feeling away, and continued on into the town. He wasn't going to let himself be spooked by some old buildings. Nothing here, except the group. And copious amounts of dust.

As he approached the community centre, he started to be more careful with where he stepped, and tried to stick in the more shadowy areas. The darker areas of almost pitch black, if that's possible. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he could work something off that. Maybe. Even if he couldn't it might be good for a laugh. A car came into his sight. Looked old. Cadillac, probably from the 80's or early 90's. Tetsuya's then. Either that, or a detailed duplicate, complete with the slight dent on the trunk that Tetsuya seemed to think nobody noticed.

The group came into view next, all standing in front of the building. Evan, Alice, Tetsuya lugging some bags, and some girl that he'd seen Alice dragging around one time. Looked young. There was another car, too. Funny, he didn't recall any of the others owning a car. Couldn't belong to the girl, either, unless she was substantially older than she looked. So either it was someone else's that he hadn't met, or, less likely, someone jacked a car on their way here.

Scotty dismissed the thought, and continued to channel his best Solid Snake as he approached. A sly grin crept onto his face, as he himself crept a little closer, using a slight rise in the ground between him and them as cover. Best angle to be close but unseen would be around a corner of the building, so he worked his way around, staying out of sight as best he could. Luckily, his gangling body didn't betray him, this time, and he reached the corner relatively stealthily. His grin widened a little. Time to wait for the opportune moment, either for a jumpscare or a dramatic entrance.

tumblr_nhcx2uvNpv1qcm0m3o1_500.gif

Mckenzie Walked her way outside the creppy building to meet up with her friends. Or Whatever she wants to call them. Usually McKenzie would be at home and reading or writing, But she decided to come when she was invited by Alice. To be honest McKenzie always like creepy stuff she loves watching horror movies and reading horror books as well. When McKenzie became close to her destination, She saw Alice,Evan,Tetsuya, And a Younger girl. Mckenzie Held on to her backpack strap and she walked closer to the group.

"Hey Guys" She smiled.

Alice looked back at Sora, who was now standing nervously behind her. "Heh... Don't let him bother you too much. He's not a bad person, I promise." She assured the girl just before Tetsuya arrived. "Hey, Tetsuya!" She grinned, staying put so she could keep Sora calm. "I didn't think you'd be bringing so much... We can probably find somewhere to put it all. There's got to be somewhere to keep the cold stuff in there... Not like we've got much for heating." She shrugged. "As for sleeping bags... I've got one extra packed, but I couldn't supply for everyone. I hope you've all got your sleeping arrangements settled, otherwise you're going to have to share or find somewhere comfortable to sleep." She warned everyone. After doing this, she took a moment to examine everything that Tetsuya brought. There was a lot of food, drinks, and other things that they could use... And then she noticed the alcohol. "You're taking the whole party thing pretty seriously here, Tetsuya." She pointed out. "Don't you know that the person who drinks always gets killed in these spooky places...?" She gave her friend a smirk, but it was obvious that she was trying to hold back some laughter at her own clever joke.

It was around then that Mckenzie showed up. "Hey, what's up?" Alice greeted the girl, grinning back at her. "It looks like just about everyone's here... Is everyone ready to head inside?" She asked, barely able to contain her excitement.

Scotty panicked for a moment at Alice's mention of sleeping bags, and he mentally checked through his backpack to see if he'd packed a sleeping bag. The first item on the checklist was the sleeping bag, which was convenient, so he listened up a little closer. Some light joking from Alice at Tetsuya, mostly. Mckenzie showed up, which was a surprise. She was usually too busy being at home, doing various things.

As Alice checked to see if everyone was ready to go inside, Scotty saw his chance for amusement. He cupped his hands around his mouth in a way that would amplify his voice and make it sound deeper, while making the same effort with his voice itself.

"NONE SHALL ENTER MY HOME! ON PAIN OF DEATH!"

He grinned as his voice rang out through the air, sounding for all the world like a guardian spirit or ghost. At least, his interpretation of what that would sound like. Still, the effect remained mostly the same, although it wasn't as echoey as he'd hoped. Echoes were hard to do, without some actual prep. He waited for a response from the group, ready to step out into a torch beam or whatever light the group could muster.

Tetsuya sighed once again. "Yeah, but the mascot girl lives the longest. Which means you're probably going down first, cause the mascot generally looks cute and acts demure." He replied in a playful tone. He yawned, the booming voice called out in the background. "Alright Mr. Scary Building Voice. Guess we're not gonna shower you with offerings of your favorite chips and dip, since we can't go inside." He turned around, giving Mckenzie a quick "Sup?" nod as he walked in the general area of the voice. "Or share a s'mores with you, nor the bed time stories we were going to share with you throughout the night. Although, if you came out and let us in, I might find it in my heart to share one or two of my snacks with you."

Tetsuya enjoyed messing with his friends, and after the horrors that Alice insisted on watching all the time, the yelling didn't even phase him.

Sora screamed. The voice did scare her, making the poor girl cling to Alice. "T...that's not funny!" She shakily called back. "N-not funny a-a-atall!" She wasn't very clear nor was really speaking well. Came with, you know, being really shy and easily scared.

Alice looked at Tetsuya and grinned. "Maybe things would be different for us. Maybe I'll have a shot at living, too. Of course, the tough, serious, boring guy is usually the first to die, so I'd watch out if I were you." Once the mysterious voice boomed from by the building, Alice jumped a bit, but quickly remembered that there were still some people who had yet to arrive, and she could somewhat recognize this voice... kept calm. She did jump a bit from being startled, but it was due to Sora's screaming from right behind her. Just like Tetsuya, Alice figured out where, and who, the voice was coming from. She looked back at Sora and smiled. "Don't worry, we'll handle this. Just stay close, alright? There's nothing to worry about." She then looked off in the direction the voice came from. "Really spooky, Mr. Ghost. How long did you spend practicing the voice?" She teased.

Sora fearfully reached over and grabbed Alice's hand.

"O...okay..." She sounded a bit more brave, but clearly this was a horrible idea and Sora should just run away now while she could...but she didn't...she didn't want Alice to think she was...okay, to be fair, Alice probably already knew she was a coward. No pressure.

Mariam said:
Mckenzie Walked her way outside the creppy building to meet up with her friends. Or Whatever she wants to call them. Usually McKenzie would be at home and reading or writing, But she decided to come when she was invited by Alice. To be honest McKenzie always like creepy stuff she loves watching horror movies and reading horror books as well. When McKenzie became close to her destination, She saw Alice,Evan,Tetsuya, And a Younger girl. Mckenzie Held on to her backpack strap and she walked closer to the group.

"Hey Guys" She smiled.
"I was hoping you'd show, McKenzie. We'll need some extra girlish screams filling the house for authenticity, heh heh. Not really, it's a joke."

[QUOTE="Face Nemesis]Alice looked at Tetsuya and grinned. "Maybe things would be different for us. "Really spooky, Mr. Ghost. How long did you spend practicing the voice?" She teased.

[/QUOTE]
"Yeah, nice try there, Scotty Boy. Next time actually try using some kinda inflection!" Evan said. "Guy thinks he's a comedian, don't he?" Evan then said to Sora. "Don't worry, Alice knows what she has to handle with this whole setup. I'd even go as far as to say that she's an expert at it. Oh yeah, and say hello to our pal Scott by the way, he won't bite."

"Oh yeah, and don't worry about me supply-wise Alice. I got everything here stored into my backpack. Camera, tripod, pad 'n pen, sleeping bag, copy of Frankenstein in case I need a muse because hey, it's never failed me before."

After standing with no response for a short time, Alice decided that it was about time for this game to end. "Well, Mr. Spooky Ghost, if you're not going to do anything else, I think it's about time that we come inside." She called out loudly, then looked over at Sora. "Stay close, alright? I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to jump out and scare us. Just try to stay prepared for that and you'll be fine." She once again tried to calm down her nervous friend. Keeping a grip on her hand, Alice began to proceed towards the door to the building, assuming that Sora and the others would follow behind her. She used her free hand to open the door, and began to step inside.

The room the group would find themselves in upon entering was large, but relatively empty. A small statue on a wooden pedestal with a plaque beneath it was situated in the center; the statue was of two men shaking hands, a representation of the unity this center represented for two different ethnic groups. The wooden floorboards were old, creaky, and splintered, and the walls bore a few paintings presumably made by the people that had once inhabited this building. A few doors led off to some side rooms, and there was also a hallway towards the northern end of the room. A spiral staircase led up to a second floor, though the stairs were in as bad of a condition as the floorboards.

"Welcome... to where we'll be spending the night." Alice spoke ominously, hoping the entire group could hear her. "Once we're all inside, I'll show you all where to put your belongings. After that, I'm thinking it might be fun to explore a little bit. Maybe we'll find some old artifacts... Or discover that we're not alone." She cackled, perhaps trying a little too hard to make the setting a little spookier.

Evan walked into the house, his camera pulled out and resting in his hands.

"Heh heh. Nice crack there, Crypt Keeper. Though it's a little too obvious, maybe try dialing it back a little," Evan said. "Oh yeah, do you mind if I snap some pics? I could use this to get a good idea of what our local should be."

Grinning, Scotty stepped out of the shadows once everyone was inside and followed in behind them. "Sorry, guys. And gals. Or should I say lads and lasses? This was a horror sleepover thing, so someone had to do it. Might as well have been me."

He turned to Alice. "And I heard you talking. Usually it's the genre-savvy ones who go first, often to demonstrate how 'unstoppable' the villain is. And I'd call that as either you, Mistress of Horror, or myself, from spending inordinate amounts of time on TVTropes. So I'll side with King Tet on that."

Tetsuya's eyes glazed over, rolling around in their sockets at another one of the many puns Scott made up about his name as they all entered. King Tet was probably his least favorite, as more than one person had taken up the name, including those who would say it with less of a friendly tone.

Reguardless, he gazed around. "Hey, where is Roy? Wasn't that lazy weeb suppose to meet up with us here?" He asked towards Alice, admiring the statue for a moment as he did so.

"I mean, I know Horror isn't his thing, but he told me he was bringing bottle rockets."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back