• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Skellies included?

On a scale of one to ten, how dumb is my idea?

• Below 1: So bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3: Bad.

• 4-6: Okay.

• 6-10: Good!

• Over 10: Really good!!!

• Total voters

Jadewoof

underwater gem
Clearly in order to have any roleplay, you need to fill in information about your desired RP character. Maybe when given the option to create a thread under "Member Roleplays", at the end can be a brief checklist that you can check off to decide what you want on your skelly. For example:

[ X ] Name:

[ ] Nickname:

[ X ] Age:

[ X ] Gender:

[ X ] Weapons:

[ X ] Personality:

[ X ] History:

[ X ] Appearance:

[ ] Other:

Or you can add other options.

[ X ] Name:

[ ] Nickname:

[ X ] Age:

[ X ] Gender:

[ X ] Weapons:

[ X ] Personality:

[ X ] History:

[ X ] Appearance:

[ ] Other:

[ X ] _________ -----> [ X ] Super Powers:

then at the bottom of the thread, it can include the selected sections.

Name:

Weapons:

Personality:

History:

Appearance:

Super Powers:

I'm not sure how successful it would be, but it would certainly make things a lot more convenient.

Unfortunately we attempted this route twice before. Due to the wide array of different role plays, we could never get the right amount of questions. We either never had enough or far to many.

Instead, I leave the character creation up to the author. If users would like, I can add another tab with an editable box for authors to place the character creation skeleton for users to copy?

ah, those must have been before I was around, i have no recollection of that at all.

but yeah, a separate tab with the new roleplays would be super cool! thanks!

I think that is the best idea Ace to create the tab.

Can I ask, is it not possible for the Character Sheet Sign Up Thread that you can create a pre-created character sheet for members to just fill in.

Like you decide all the details.

Name:

Etc:

Then they just have to fill it in and post it, to avoid missing pieces and other silly mistakes?

PyroWarriorZ said:
I think that is the best idea Ace to create the tab.
Can I ask, is it not possible for the Character Sheet Sign Up Thread that you can create a pre-created character sheet for members to just fill in.

Like you decide all the details.

Name:

Etc:

Then they just have to fill it in and post it, to avoid missing pieces and other silly mistakes?
Then we venture into the same problem with "etc."

I much rather leave it up to the author to create whatever they want. From there the members just copy & paste.

I agree with @GgAcE on that matter. Since every role-play is unique in its own way creating a pre-set character sheet will only lead to disaster. So that isn't the best idea.

Ace, that is what I meant. Each Author creates exactly what they want.

For Eg. The Author will have one field where he fills in field name for eg:

Character's Name:

Then it would have button saying "Add another field" which would add another empty field to the character skellie that the author could name the field name such as Age: and then keep pressing the "Add another field" until he has all the fields he wants for his specific RP.

That way you could add as many fields as you wish and name them what you wish, creating a specific character skeleton exactly specific for each RP for each member of that RP to just fill in.

Though I assume such a code would be rather difficult, if possible....

Not difficult per say but not "needed". I can do a multiple selection feature where authors can select mutliple boxes which will generate a skeleton for character sheets but I can only imagine all the requests I would get to add more & the list would become so large that people wont want to search through it. That & then they would say things like "it's not "magic abilities but spell abilities" etc..

I just think because of the wide variety, I would never be able to get the skeletons right.

What I CAN do is create a macro (a type of system that saves whatever content you want for reuse later) that will allow you to create multiple skeletons & with 1 button press of the selected macros it would load YOUR pre-made post. I just don't know how useful that will be to some...

Yea, multiple selection box would not do because as you said everyone has their own choice. It needs to be something where they can select their own.

But your right, it isn't needed. I just thought it might be useful to prevent people missing out character sheet parts or making mistakes when they make their character sheet for an RP.

Perhaps another tab for a skeleton sheet would be good, if that tab were to act like the roleplay tab where people could post replies that would be awesome. It would remove the inconvenience of me having to create a separate thread for the Character Sign ups. While I'm at it, perhaps we could be given the ability to add extra tabs ourselves, perhaps more complicated but I think it would do well in future.

I agree with Ninbinz, that sounds good, if it isn't possible already. I think I need to use the new RP system more and understand it before I recommend more about the Character Sheet skeleton stuff.

What I would prefer to see is an OOC tab and a Sign Up tab.

OOC Tab - basically just the Roleplay tab minus the repetition of the RP. also a good place to submit Charries until there is a Sigh Ups Tab

Sign Ups Tab - Created when a CS form is filled out / created by the Author much like Updates and Maps. Those looking to join can copy and paste the CS and fill it out. Finally, submitting the CS should create a Poll for the Author that says

Accept? Yes

No.

Issues. (like needs pic, needs more background , see PM....)

In lieu of the Issues the Author can always send a PM

Mitheral said:
What I would prefer to see is an OOC tab and a Sign Up tab.
OOC Tab - basically just the Roleplay tab minus the repetition of the RP. also a good place to submit Charries until there is a Sigh Ups Tab

Sign Ups Tab - Created when a CS form is filled out / created by the Author much like Updates and Maps. Those looking to join can copy and paste the CS and fill it out. Finally, submitting the CS should create a Poll for the Author that says

Accept? Yes

No.

Issues. (like needs pic, needs more background , see PM....)

In lieu of the Issues the Author can always send a PM
All that will be here before november 8th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back