• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sinner's Gulch

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sinner's Gulch
Year of the Pimento
Turn 01 (Spring)

Two figures stood watching the countless souls bustling about in Sinner's Gulch from the window of Mr. Scratch's Emporium Mysterium. Mr. Scratch was dressed finely like always in his almost vaudevillian style affair with his top hat and cane in had. His guest was far more muted, wearing a simple grey suit with blue tie and silver rings on their fingers and in their ears. Their features almost bland and hard to remember.

"Our bet is still on then?" Mr. Scratch asked with a wide grin as he regards his guest.

"As promised, Scratch. I will not interfere unless they come to me. And per your conditions, they must discover me," replied the calm figure as they toyed with one of their silver rings on their pinky finger.

"Lovely. I imagine you'll find some here worth your time. If anything else, it'll be quite the fun little game to pass the time. All the pieces are finally here," Mr. Scratch said as his grin widens inhumanly for a moment. "And with them, more souls will flock to this place. What a prize."

"Just remember the terms. I only agreed to this because you're locked into the agreement as well. I can't believe you've allowed Gloom into this," admits the bland man as he stops toying with his ring and his grey eyes burn with golden light for a moment.

"A fine piece for the game. He'll either prosper or crash dramatically. Don't pretend you don't want to see that latter, Tachyel." Mr. Scratch teased his guest and raps his cane on the floor. "Come, I've a lovely array of souls for you to barter off me."

Current Player Obligations: Pay 5 Freds or Coins for Seasonal Survival
(Due by close of Turn)​

Skywalker
You've come to Sinner's Gulch, finding it welcoming even to Greenskins, though you know few would ever come here that aren't exiled. You saw the reason yourself, the grinning devil hiding in human skin known as Mr. Scratch. You took his deal and now you're on your own to find your way. The Tribe has abandoned you but there is always the chance to be welcomed back should you prove yourself worth.

Decision Point:
-Seek work while you get a feel for this strange settlement.
-Seek the totem that you know lies hidden in Sinner's Gulch that wards all Greenskins from seeking violence upon this place to speak to its spirt.
-Seek out potential defilers.​

Pearl Taylor
You struck quite the bargain with that devil. You've a Saloon all to yourself and even some supplies to get going. Its a pity that player piano is lacking music, but opportunity would present itself sooner or later to solve that. So far you had managed to avoid any Free City types who might recognize you from your posters. Then again you were also pretty sure one or two locals knew you were on the run from the coy smiles they'd give, usually after a visit to a bounty board.

Decision Point:
-Seek out player piano sheets
-Check your bounty status
-Focus on your new business​

Lord Gloom
Something felt wrong about this town, like the air tasted off or perhaps there was too much planar bleed here. You tasted purple? Red? Green? Hunger? Either way, you had your current affairs in order even if it meant you were under the thumb of Mr. Scratch on some level. Until you could free yourself of that deal, you would have to just work with what he'd been willing to let you have. There was opportunity here.

Decision Point:
-Attempt to teach Elijah something useful
-Find some suckers
-Sneak about for juicy secrets​

Alvin Fensby
You woke to find yourself in the safey of the workshop that Mr. Scratch had happily handed over to you for the Deal struch with him. The spirit of the owner had been quiet so far after your first use of the calming ritual meaning you'd have peace for a couple seasons. Next time though you'd need to gather the materials for it. So far the Gulch seemed like a place in need of a man with your talets. Mr. Scratch certainly thought so, considering how excited he'd been at the idea you'd bring more technology to the area. You didn't think a devil would care so much about improving the lives of people.

Decision Point:
-Do some local repairs to build rapport with the citizens
-Approach Mayor Palethorn with your skill set
-Tinker and focus on your own projects​

Godfrey F8-F41TH
It has been quite the journey but you now had a church and supplies, even if given to you the the nefarious Mr. Scratch. It felt welcoming except for the Door that you were required to answer if there were ever to have a knock at it. It had been silent so far and some of the locals were starting to poke around curious to see what you were up to. The people of Sinner's Gulch were all sorts but all of them seemed fascinated by a robot priest and his faith. You knew their only exposure to faith out here was with the grim Father Fathom and his Church of the Final Days

Decision Point
-Invite in locals and meet them
-Visit with Father Fathom
-Get your church fully set up​

Jed Toppam
Pam was strange. You had learned quickly to keep the coffee stored and accessible for her. She only did one cup a day, but she had already mummified once when she'd been unable to find any to make. She'd then tried to drain you of all moisture in your body before you'd found where the last agent had stowed an emergency stash of coffee for moments like this. Surviving that debacle you were going over the records here to discover that S&C had spent over two decades already trying to get established. Something had always gotten in the way and now it was your turn to try.

Decision Point
-Research previous S&C operation
-Create emergency coffee stashes for Pam
-Scout the town
Company Orders: Seek and Establish stable water supply. No operation is viable without water for various needs.​

Jackson Reeves
Sinner's Gulch was in need of some serious help in some ways. The bounty board was loaded with jobs. You had your pick of tasks that would pay to keep you supplies and fed. The real question was just what sort of jobs were you going to take? What were you truly seeking out here?

Decision Point
-Charity Work: Low paying but helpful to locals
-Greed: High paying but not always popular as it could be collection work
-Wicked: Bandits post jobs in military codes seeking gunhands. High Risk, High Reward.​

Kahlan Dean
Sinner's Gulch wasn't what it seemed. Already you know this after meeting with a literal Crossroads Devil in the guise of Mr. Scratch. The creature didn't seem to mind at all that you would take notes about him either. It was almost an open secret in this town that Mr. Scratch wasn't normal. In either case, you had leads to research in the town alone before you even bother to go beyond it.

Decision Point:
-Research History of Sinner's Gulch
-Research Mana Flow of Sinner's Gulch
-Research Planar Bleed of Sinner's Gulch​

Dusty Hitchcock
This town was definitely on the true edge of things. It was the true frontier both in this world and apparently the Planes. You'd already spotted a few vermin in the region that definitely weren't native to this world. You were pretty sure the local prairie dog troop was at war with some sort of crystal spiders. So far it was definitely something to keep an eye on but then again you had plenty to do out here.

Decision Point
-Take a closer look at the prairie dog/crystal spider issue
-Find a nice spot to build a camp for yourself
-Gather up some local supplies to sell to town merchants to show your skills​

Robert Fairview
That devil had some never offering you a cash handout like that. The rest was a clear investment on his part to see what you'd do. It was business. And now it was time to perhaps find some business just to get yourself set up more in town. Last thing you needed to do was starve on your spite towards those thieves back home trying to take what was yours. Where to get started?

Decision Point
-Take up some Ranch work to pay the bills this season
-Hunt down leads on some prospecting
-Offer your services as a negotiator for some local businesses​

Dr. Edgar E. Liebgalgen
You had found a town with great opportunity for both profit and your more focused work. The question become then what to do while you worked away at your plans. The current lines of consideration was to get your business stocked perhaps. There were all s orts in town needing tonics and potions for their various needs.

Decision Point
-Stock Healing Products (Some are real, some aren't. Who can tell?)
-Stock Stimulants (Pep pills for the hardy miner. Seller takes no responsibility for usage.)
-Stock Preventatives (Earn the Wrath of several local spouses)​

AN-E
Sinner's Gulch needed music and entertainment. There was some here and there but was it really as good as it should be? This town needed someone to breathe life into it beyond some worn out miner songs and army chants. You were ready to bring a bit more light and life in that area. The question was just where to make your first links with the people of this hardy land.

Decision Point
-Old Lady Gothel needs someone to talk too after losing her son (Help soothe her depression)
-Vincent Tot is being haunted by a bandit he shot dead (Help cleanse the wrathful spirit)
-Musical Number: Break into a spontaneous song on the street (Trigger a Musical Event with the locals)​

Last edited:
Turn 1 - Jackson Reeves
DECISION POINT CHOICE: Charity Work, Low paying but helpful to locals

The former soldier looks over the bounty board with a skeptical gaze. A third of 'em were piss poor pay, another third were skeevy shit, and the last third? The only reason he wasn't tearing em' off the board and burning 'em was that law about Not Interfering With Commerce in this hell of a town. Bandits putting up 'help wanted' posters. He supposed there were a few bounties that were easy on the conscience, a small fortune in payout, but he smelled danger when he saw it. And while he was good, he wasn't fool enough to take them on without a posse.

Ah, hell.

If he wanted to be rich, he'd have stayed home and gotten a book deal, anyhow. Cushy officer's chair behind some desk somewhere, signing off on sending better men to die. Well, fuck it. Might as well bite the bullet.

He taps one bounty with a hand, squinting at it.

A wolf that was eating sheep. Half a dollar bounty.

... It's a start.

Movement:

Sinner's Gulch -> Outskirts

Actions:
- Old Soldiers: In a town like this, he knew he wasn't the only Free Cities soldier out there looking for a fresh start. He'd go around and, well... socialize. Get to know his fellow soldiers in the town, play some poker, buy some drinks, make a friend or two. In a place like this, your word and reputation were as good as gold, and who you knew was everything. If they were gonna label him a 'war hero', he was going to make the most of it. He and that robot, Godfrey- They'd get to talkin' and see who they could befriend out in these parts, that used to wear their ol' Free City colors.

- Writing a Resume: Out in the Outskirts are bandits galore. And where there are bandits, there's always somebody who needs help. Jackson would head out to the Outskirts after having read through those military-coded Bandit help ads, using 'em as a guide so he could tell where bandit activity was aiming to expand. He imagined some family of farmsteaders or merchants would be looking to pay for an extra gun to help out when the Bandits came a-knockin'. Or looking for someone to save someone captured for... well, less than kind purposes. Or any manner of similar work where a damn good tracker and a damn good gun would come in handy. This was the Frontier- There was always a market for work like that, between Orcs and Monsters and Bandits. Sure, it might not pay too well, it might be dangerous as shit- But that was the point, really. If he wanted to get anywhere in this town; he needed a name worth remembering.

And, well, people remember heroes.

Just needed to survive becoming one.

Skulduggery:
Treasure Hunting
The thing about the Frontier is that there's always shit that nobody can find. While he's in town, Jackson would be looking for word on lost treasures, strange monsters, hidden mines- anything that might be interesting to go out looking for one day. With the Hunter's Compass, all he needs is a name. Jackson just wants a list of options.

Turn 1 - Robert Fairview

I have a competition in me. It's like a fire, burning relentlessly, driving me to be the best, to surpass everyone else. I don't just want success for myself; I want to see others fail. It's a twisted desire, I know, but it's as if their failure somehow validates my own achievements, makes me feel superior. I hate most people. There, I said it. It's not just a passing feeling; it's a deep-rooted disdain that has grown over the years. I look at them, and all I see is weakness, ignorance, and selfishness. There are times when I try to find something to like in them, something redeeming, but it's futile. They disgust me, time and time again.

I want to earn enough money to escape from everyone. I dream of a life of solitude, where I can retreat from the world and its incessant disappointments. The thought of leaving it all behind, escaping from the constant interaction with people who I find repulsive, brings a sense of relief. Money, the means to freedom, it's what I crave.

I don't need to look past their surface to see the worst in people. It's all right there, plain as day. The greed, the deceit, the selfishness – it's a never-ending cycle of disappointment. I've become adept at reading people, seeing through their facades and thin veneers of civility, and it only reinforces my negative views. I've built up my hatreds over the years, little by little. Each encounter, each disappointment, adding to the fuel of animosity inside me. It's a heavy burden to carry, this weight of negativity, but I can't seem to let it go. It drives me, fuels my ambition, but it also eats away at me, gnawing at my soul.

I can't keep doing this on my own... with these... people.

---

Decision Point: Hunt down leads on some prospecting (Nose for Business Trait)

Movement: Move to the Outskirts

Actions:

1. Explore for abandoned/raided farmsteads and ventures in the outskirts to scavenge for goods and supplies. Not all people would rather burn down their entire life in the face of some bandits like Robert would. That said... what good did some seeds do for bandits? They sure as hell weren't going to start and try to till the soil to grow their own food anytime soon. Even if a farm was picked pretty clean even Bandits wouldn't waste their time or energy lugging certain things. Hell, maybe if Robert was lucky, he could find a relatively intact abandoned farm or ranch to take over.

2. Visit the local orphanage to adopt and/or seek a protege/a cover story (also known as employee number 1 for the Black Tontine) to make Robert seem like a dependable, honest, trustworthy family man who is just down on his luck and seeking a new life away from the misfortune that fell upon him, his child and late wife.

Skullduggery:

Using his newly adopted child/protege as a ploy to win sympathy points as a seemingly down on his luck farmer with a child who lost their fortune in the Farmer's Guild of the Free Cities in a recent conflict, Robert travels around to the farms and ranches of the Outskirts to try and convince them to form a co-op/union of farmers/ranchers to collectively influence the local food market and maximize profit by collusion among members. He will attempt to sell the idea as a form of protecting the farm, but more importantly the family from volatile prices that can easily wipe out the profit from a year's harvest and throw an entire family's life into chaos. He will attempt to charge a small annual membership fee to enable this farmer's union to be able to "lobby" the local government and otherwise have funds available to fund a war chest for the organization that Robert totally will not siphon money from and use for his own purposes at times.

Turn 1 - Dr. Edgar E. Liebgalgen

"Step closer, step closer, dont be shy! Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! People of all ages! Dr. Edgar E. Liebgalgen is proud to present to you the latest miracles to preserve and enhance your health! Only in a strong body can a strong mind exist, so come closer, come all! This here wonderful elixir will make you feel like you are no older than twenty-five! Arent you tired of your back aching and breaking after a long shift in the mine or on the field? Not only will you feel stronger than ever, you will get more work done than ever before! Make the best out of your business and your body!

Yes, thats great, come a little closer everybody!

And dont just take my word for it - you can see for yourself! Any volunteers, who wants to try Dr. Liebgalgens magical medicine first? Oh!? So many raised hands, you folk are too kind! You there, good Sir! Yes, come on up, come on up! How old are you, if you dont mind me asking? Sixty years, did you hear that, good people? This man is sixty years old, but watch out what happens now!

Yes, yes, drink it all! Its bitter? Well, thats how you know that its working, hahaha! How are you feeling, good Sir? Whoa, did you hear that? Like a freight train just raced through his nostrils and his teeth caught fire, hahaha! Well, my good friend - what is your name by the way? Mark? Well, my good friend, Mark, how about you pull that wagon over there? No, no, I am not joking around! Give it a try! Hey, everybody, do you want to see Mark give it a try? Come on, he is a little shy after all, lets cheer him on!

Yes, yes thats it! Give it a good try and - whoa?! Do you see that? Do you see that, good people? Sixty years old, but he is moving that wagon like an award-winning ox! Thats enough now, Mark, dont run out of town, hahaha!

Dr. Edgar E. Liebgalgens wonderful stimulants are available now! Fantastic, truly marvellous! What a fine town you have here! Buy two for the price of three and get one for free!"

Decision point: Stock up on stimulants. Workers, farmers and miners will notice if these have their intended effect, whereas ill townsfolk can be fooled otherwise.

Action 1: Hearts and minds
Dr. Liebgalgen will mingle with the people in town, visiting all important businesses and chatting with people. Using his charme and sharp wit, he attempts to find out who is the most gullible, while also endearing himself to the townspeople as a seller of fine alchemical work. The right people will receive a free sample of his new stimulants as his efforts move from chatting with small groups to public, aggressive advertisment of his newly opened establishment. Dr. Edgar E. Liebgalgens Marvellous Emporium of Medicines and Elixirs is officially open!
(Charisma 5, Trait "Would I lie to you?) // An-E promotes elixirs in her songs

Action 2: A well oiled snake
The stocks of healing products are also replenished, but much quicker and cheaper. Using his alchemical knowledge, Liebgalgen will indeed craft a few powerful healing potions, but those are reserved for the right people. Branding them as preventative medicines, health tonics and other fancy names, Edgar bottles a bulk of sugar water. Whatever byproducts from his stimulant production arent harmful are also collected and used as dyes, preservatives or to just add a bit more flavor/texture. These wonderful tonics receive different labels, so as to suggest they cure or prevent different ailments. Should a well-known member of the community be sick (but not too sick) currently, Edgar will make a show out of curing them using an actual potion.
(Charisma 5, Alchemy 4, Trait "Would I lie to you?)
(Purchase of 20lbs sugar; possibly use of glass wares?; Alchemical supplies should cover for healing potions in such low quantity?) // An-E promotes elixirs in her songs

Skullduggery: Good help is hard to find
To expand the capabilities of his laboratory, Edgar knows he wants a helping hand. Tasks such as running the store, buying supplies, maintaining the household or bottling more snakeoil take up an unnecessary amount of time. He wants to focus on research and development, so an extra pair of hands is needed. While mingling with the people, he looks out for those truly desperate, to make one his ideal assistant. Edgar is picky and prefers to grow his ranks slowly and carefully, so that no secrets spill to the outside. Instead of posting a job offer and waiting for applicants, he will find the ideal applicant himself and not even let them know they applied.
Ideally, this person would be a young woman with some domestic experience and limited medical and/or alchemical knowledge - he doesnt want to train them a lot, but he also doesnt want someone elses maid or someone overshadowing his own knowledge. Someone desperate because of disease or the threat of violence by bandits, gangs, monsters or other mundane foes - but never because they have already sold their soul or are hunted by something from beyond.
The doctor will see that their desperation grows to a maximum, be it by a false diagnosis, by pretending their pursuers are already shadowing them or by whatever other devious mean necessary - still, not messing with forces from the beyond just yet!
Once he is sure that his future assistant is at their lowest point, he will kindly offer an escape from all the misery. Just come to the good doctors office. Sign your name here, you will work for me now, nothing else matters. I will take care of everything, your past, your body - all that is left behind now. The Devil of a 1000 fates gives hope, where there is despair. He gives an opportunity, where there is deadlock. He gives you a second chance and now that you have signed, your body belongs to me and your soul will go to him. Your free will is stripped away already, as a deposit. These fine instruments will alter your face and your body, these spells ensuring that nobody recognizes you, no pursuer will track you down. You are safe. You are happy. You are loyal. You will never run away. You will never reveal any of my secrets. Come now... there is work to be done.
(Charisma 5, Occultism 3, Surgeon 2, Espionage 1, Magic 3 Occult, Trait "Would I lie to you?")

Other

Pearl Taylor is invited for brunch.
Edgar will visit the Poker tournament at the saloon. Not participate, but watch with keen interest.
An-E tipped for musical promotion.

Last edited:
Turn 1- Kahlan Dean

Decision point:
Research the History of Sinner's Gulch

She knew that History would be the first thing she would find out of the town. Even if learning the plant's life would be cool and fun, it wouldn't go into the other two as much as History would. So she was over to the library to get started. She would mostly look at books and texts that were history but some geo books that help with the history.

Action 1: Putting up papers. People have been born, lived and died here. So for history that isn't down on paper or that happens right now, she would see if anyone wants to talk about it. And if she gets something that Tome could have that means she could fill gaps of history.

Action 2: Helping About. She wants to just help with gardens to meet as many people as she can. She also just wants to help. She wouldn't mind getting paid but it wouldn't matter if she has money to last her one year.

Skullduggery: Finding Some Spells After what happened with Her... Kahlan wants to make sure she can protect herself. So she will find some spells to kill that witch to protect herself from things. Sure they are dark but she wouldn't use them too much and it's only fair after all she had been hurt by Her. Now it's her turn to fight back

As it grows dark she reads a text about an event that happens here. She has some tea with her and a cold dinner. She takes some notes about a man. She should get some sleep but she has to work to finish this. Then she moves to a text about magic. She tests one of the things in there it half works. She needs to work on it more so she can do it well by Summer. She eats the rest of her food and thinks of what she is doing in the morning. She will put up the posters and then clean up her desk in case anyone comes by. She Would do some garden work for someone. Then go work on this text and get all the notes she would need from it. She went to bed trying not to think of the deal she had made and Tome on her Bedside table. It was a bit of a rash choice to make that deal but she stuck with it and the Tome.

Turn 1 - Alvin Fensby

Alvin does think that it’s odd such a shady figure would be so interested in his innovations, but he brushes it off. He supposes that even the strangest people are interested in progress and what that may bring for the near future.

DECISION POINT: Make some local repairs and gain small rapport with the citizens. Alvin has some ideas for projects to begin planning out, but springing Strange new contraptions on the residents of the Gulch doesn’t seem like a peachy idea. First, Alvin makes some small architectural repairs; Street lamps, shop signs, unkempt roads, that kind of thing. Small quality of life additions that would hopefully endear him to the everyday folk.

Action One - Personal Research: While some small repairs are great and all, Alvin didn’t talk to any of the big powerhouses in the Gulch for a reason: he wants his inventions to be for the good of people, not any higher payers if he can help it. So, for one of his first moves, Alvin takes the time to go around town and survey citizens who’ll give him the time. Ask them what they like about Sinner’s Gulch, what they don’t, what they think could change, what shouldn’t, and what exact changes they’d even like to see.

Action Two - Marketing: Plain and simple, Alvin likes to be prepared. Despite his low costs, Alvin buys and collects all of his needed supplies to both live for two seasons, as well as to perform the rite in two seasons time.

Skullduggery - Journaling: Alvin begins making a list of all of his current invention ideas based on the supplies and tools the workshop offers him. These include concepts like magical fireworks, refrigeration machines that are everlasting with frost runes, the idea of moving objects across distances in the blink of an eye, and a personal flying machine. There are others, but I won’t mention them here. All of these ideas are only words as of this Turn.

Turn 1 - Dusty Hitchcock
DECISION POINT CHOICE: Take a closer look at the prairie dog/crystal spider issue

One of the weaknesses of Dusty Hitchcock was his curiosity. It was that which made him accept a deal with Mr. Scratch of all people. He justified the investigation of the prairie dogs fighting with the crystal spiders as a need to understand the land. He set about to diligently observe the conflict between the vermin, and seeing if there was some reason that they were at such odds with eachother. Was there some resource here that intrigued them to do so? He investigated the lay of the land in which the conflict sprout most often looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Something was different about this town, and he was going to find out what it was. The little creatures often knew the heart of the matter.

Movement:
Sinner's Gulch -> Outskirts

Actions:
- Hunting and Gathering: One of greatest gifts of the frontier was the fortune it provided to those who could see it. Dusty would spend time in Sinner's Gulch and its local outskirts hunting small game and harvest natural supplies he could both subsist on personally, but also manage to sell to merchants to build his reputation.

- The Friendly Frontiersmen: The outskirts of Sinner's Gulch were home to all sorts of hardworking folk. The hardy folk that decided it was there destiny to strike out on their own. He would take time riding across the lands on his waste rider to make new connections with those working on the frontier, trading tales and goods. He took time out to help the occasional rancher in a days work or the farmstead in identifying the root of their pest problem. In return a meal or a roof to stay under for a night was equal payment. The good ole bartering. Through this he hoped to gain a general knowledge of the current situation of the outskirts, but also make his name known around them so that he was welcome.

Skulduggery:
- Water Extraction: One thing Dusty became quickly aware of in his newfound bond with a Waste Rider was its intrinsic nose for water. The lifeblood of the land. Every animal needed it to survive, every crop needed it to grow. With his Waste Rider Dusty would go across the land in attempts to find new spots for this precious resource periodically extracting the resource and later trading it to either people on the frontier or the merchants back in Sinner's Gulch. He would mark down these locations for future possible use every time considering if the reservoir or source was enough to make a permanent base of operations. If he found one to his liking he would decide to make a small camp at the location, concealed from prying eyes.

TURN 1 - JED TOPPAM

Decision Point: Research previous S&C operation

Movement: Move to outskirts.

Water Pump: Jed scrounges around scrapyards, dumps, abandoned sites, and wrecks for spare parts. He uses the materials to construct a water pump.

Contract Work: While in the outskirts, he picks up contract work with the miners as an engineer. This will bring in some money and hopefully let him make allies. He does his best to improve mine rail systems, techniques, and safety.

Skullduggery: Talk to a suitable mine in the outskirts and have them sign a contract. Jed is aware that water is useful for all manner of mine operations like steam drilling, water cooling, sluicing off minerals, and hydrating miners. So, they will turn over their geological maps and help Jed pinpoint a good water source using them. Jed will then set the pump up, hopefully nearby the mine so the miners can guard it. They quickly sell off some water to either build and lay pipes or make storage tanks inside the protection of the mine.

The contract stipulates that Jed owns the pump. He can divert what he needs for business and the rest can be kept by the miners for use in their mines. Jed assures them that if S&C later requires more water than the pump can fairly divide, he will come back to install a higher flow-rate pump.

Last edited:
Sinner’s Gulch

Godfrey- F8-F41th

Turn 1

This place, Sinner’s Gulch is truly the place to start once more. It was a place that was on the edge of the frontier. And in an area that he knew somewhat well, having been fighting in it for the majority of his “life”.

All the blood and toil that he had on his hands fighting the Greenskins for their territory. Was it truly all worth it? Should any of them have to fight for the things that they perceive that they want?

He wasn’t naive enough to believe that that sort of thing would go away soon, if at all. But he would do his best to ensure peace as much as possible.

That is part of what brought him to the Copper Congregation. It was a bot faith centered around trying to save their creators from themselves and advancing the development of machine souls.

Not everyone believed that a machine had a soul. And for the vast majority of machines, that would be considered so. In fact, he hadn’t gotten his soul awakened until during the war. All that fighting had shown him that it didn’t always have to be that way. At least, he didn’t always want it to be that way.

He still managed to bring his skills in fighting, especially with a rifle with him to the Gulch. But that is a last resort. Except for those that have gone to far and cannot be saved. Then they will find that he was a deadly machine on the battlefield and one that was quite capable of taking lives if necessary.

But as to this place, he would build his congregation and he would help the people of this town and the lands beyond. He has also heard rumors, even from his own unit during the war that the land out here, the veil is thin and dark creatures from beyond can come through or influence the weak willed.

He will protect them and keep them strong. With his religious might, he will build up an army of awakened machines to fight back against the darkness and save humanity.

But first things first.

DECISION POINT:

-Invite in Locals And Meet Them.

It was time to meet those that were interested in him and his Church. In a bright and cheery voice, Godfrey spoke as he raised his arms in a friendly and welcoming manner.

“Welcome Guests. Please come in and take a seat. I am Father Godfrey of the Copper Congregation and this is the House of Machina. I am Happy of course to answer any and all of your questions about myself and the religion that I am bringing to your wonderful town.

And if in the end, any of you wish to join, you are more than welcome to do so. Know that if you choose not to, I will bear you no ill will and will still do my part to keep up the charity of this place for all who welcome it.”

(Charismatic, Skilled, Diplomacy 4, Proselytizing 3, Fresh Water, Provisions)

Action 1: Attempt to fix up the Church so that it can actually function as a holy place, including acquiring a Large Symbol of The Copper Congregation to be placed over the old Iconography.

“If I am to have a proper congregation, I will need to have this place fixed up. I have the location, but that will only do me so well. If I am to keep any sort of congregation, there will need to be a location that could truly be deemed a CHURCH.”

With a budget of up to 5 Gulch Coins, Godfrey will attempt to make the building into a proper church for the Copper Congregation.

Action 2: Assist Jackson Reeves in making a safe place for Old Fed soldiers in order to befriend them. It never hurts to have friends in a place such as this.

Jackson Reeves. Now there was a name that Godfrey had never believed that he would have heard once he left the army and that life behind. But it was not a name that he would have walked away from. The man was a war hero and people looked up to him. In fact, Godfrey was a bit humbled by the fact that Reeves had come to him to assist with his plan to interact with any old feds around.

But how could he say no? And besides, other than gathering up allies in a dangerous place, perhaps he would get some congregates along the way.

(Charismatic. Skilled, Diplomacy 4, Proselytizing 3)

Skullduggery: Godfrey will attempt to locate any awakened machines and offer them a place to stay within the Church

In this place, there might be many awakened machines that need help. And he would be the one to help them. Some might just not know where they can go to be safe, while others might be unable to get away from their current life.

In the end, Godfrey plans to help them all. Though for now, he would search for the ones that were unaffiliated or free.

AN-E
Turn 1

Decision Point: Old Lady Gothel needs someone to talk to after losing her son (Help soothe her depression).

"Loss isn't an easy thing, something I might or might not understand. Not an easy topic to grasp, but I'll be glad to lend a hand. Sure, you might not even like me and we've never even met, but unfortunately me as a visitor is just the best you're gonna get".

AN-E mumbles to herself as she tunes her guitar, strolling around to locate a lady who seemed down in the dumps. Sure, her purpose encouraged her to be on a stage or before many people, but she must prove she cares about every individual being and that no saddened soul gets left and forgotten. At least, she won't forget them.

Well, except maybe that guy being haunted by the ghost of the bandit he killed. But that one is kind of on him, she'd so love to help but unfortunately she just has other things to do. She's not greedy or egotistical or anything, but what she is implying within her own head to herself is maybe consider your violent actions next time (or leave a tip for your local potential ghost whisperer).

Action 1: The obvious, most sensible first thing you would do walking into a town you've never been and nobody knows you that clearly would never go wrong.

Burst into complete song and musical number for everyone to hear. Basically this Decision Point: 'Musical Number: Break into a spontaneous song on the street (Trigger a Musical Event with the locals)'. Surely a good way to publically introduce yourself to the many denizens of this fair and wondrous gulch in order to earn the hearts and attention of people (and their money in tips, if they would be so kind to support AN-E's endeavours). She must affirm herself as a force and supporter of good-heartedness and there to support those who feel down about themselves or lost, and obviously as an excuse to get to perform out in the streets and try and collectively gather people in musical matromony.

Also, she's also been given some coin from Dr. Leebs or whoever in order to add a verse or word about his own product to send people his way that might need them.

(Appliable Traits: Joy Bot, One Bot Show
Appliable Skills: Musician (5), Persuasion (4), Performance (3)
Appliable Personality: Captivating)

AN-E blankly stared at civilization surrounding her. It was fair enough, but something was missing. It was rather dull and lacked flow. Gently twirling her parasol as she pushed up her little hat, she felt a little offput by the tone of the scenario. Clearly what it needed was a little cleaning of her own vision of it and to see it in a different light. Humming a little tune to fill the mind as her foot gently pat a beat to set her own flow, she browsed her selection of instruments she had with her. "Come on, this has to be done right... " AN-E pondered as she considered her instrument decision as she went to look for a good place to start her grand debut. "If people end up talking about me, I'll become a success overnight" she hummed pleasantly to herself, delighted in the possibility that things could go truly well.

Action 2: Help at the House of Machina (Godfrey-F8-F41TH's Church).

Paid with a little coin to do her part, she will sing gospels at the church and do any song or performance to help aid their own stuff and bring them more attention. She is a robot after all, so it only makes sense that she supports the robot church. That, and any way she can make herself more well-known as a positive influence is always great. She can also feel pained souls, which might come in handy at such a place.

(Appliable Traits: Joy Bot, One Bot Show, Soothing Soul
Appliable Skills: Musician (5), Persuasion (4), Performance (3)
Appliable Personality: Captivating
Appliable Race: Robot)

AN-E gave a small smile. Well, she kind of always was. Her face was made of metal, the smile wasn't moving at all. But she felt like she would've been smiling at the time. Probably because of the Gulch Coin she had gotten paid to help out to do a good cause. It was nice to know her potential was acknowledged, and she was gonna give it her all to prove how useful it could be. That, and everything to do with the Church seemed entirely up her alley so she didn't see reason not to fully support it (especially if she was getting paid to, money buys things and instruments are things).

Skullduggery: Take a little tour around Sinner's Gulch to learn about places or things that may be of interest.

AN-E needs to find places to perform and people who may need her help. If she's to make her name in this place or find where she can do so, she should probably know about it well enough first.

(Appliable Traits: Soothing Soul
Appliable Skills: Persuasion (4)
Appliable Personality: Captivating, Productive
Potentially Appliable Item: Book of Popular Tales)

Playing music and singing is fun, tips are also great, helping people is also amazing. But what was better than that?... AN-E sat and pondered on this dilemma for a full 5 minutes. Conclusion: She doesn't know.

EXTRA
Helping play Piano and sing for Pearl's opening night for tips and to build a name for herself (made as a Commerce action). 50% of tips go to Pearl.
Paid by Dr. Liebgalgen for promotion through Lyrical Advertisement as well as business card handouts.

Fluff if I ever add more
buug.gif

Last edited:
agricultural-steampunk-machines-wild-west-landscape-art-illustration_87538-3027.jpg

Name:
Skywalker

Race: Greenskin

Origin: Exile

Personality: Rebel, Strong Willed, Brave

Martial/Magic: 2/1

Magic:
Faith - The Pale
(Ancestral Dead and Spirits)It is an OLD faith. Even in the Free Cities certain cultures cling to it.(Your Belief fuels your magic. If your Belief is Shaken, your casting weakens.)

Skills:
Pale 2
Mechanic 2
Marksman 3
Warrior 4
Survivalist 4

Traits:
Mark of Exile: You bear a Mark of Exile from your Shaman. It cannot be removed. Cut the flesh and it will appear elsewhere. Greenskins will be automatically hostile. Other people will be more open to you if they see it.
Ironskin - You've survived something terrible. Your new metal parts make you more hardy in tough situations.
The Bargain - Mr. Scratch has granted you a boon to help you in your stay at Sinner’s Gulch. You know he can and will call in favors, but additional boons will follow if you succeed. Should you fail and Mr. Scratch feels his investment is no longer profitable, your soul is forfeit. (See Blood Totem)

Gear
Mechanics Kit
10 Spare Parts (need for repair, inventing and building devices)
Mechanics Harness (1 Armor)
Prosthetics
Pale Totem
The Blood Totem - You may call upon a Blood Spirit to seek retribution upon Invaders and Desecrators. The more souls you feed it, the stronger it will get. The Blood Spirit expects its share of the killings as payment when invoked.
Steam powered Bow: A sturdy bow that has a steam capsule attached near the bow string. When pulled the capsule opens spraying steam on to the arrowhead superheating it.
Steam powered Tomahawk: A traditional but reinforced tomahawk from his tribe. When in flight, the small steam engine attached to the hilt, opens giving the axe more momentum upon each spin.

Resources
10 Gulch Coins

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Turn 1

Decision Point:
-Seek work while you get a feel for this strange settlement.
-Seek the totem that you know lies hidden in Sinner's Gulch that wards all Greenskins from seeking violence upon this place to speak to its spirt.
-Seek out potential defilers.

Movement:
Sinners Gulch --- Outskirts

Action 1: Skywalker will hunt and gather supplies in the Outskirt (Strong Willed/ Brave) (Marksman 3/ Warrior 4/ Survivalist 4 skill used) (Ironskin Trait used)

steampunk_arm_design_by_zsofiadome_d4xnpx5-pre.jpg
Month 1
Under the orange hues of a rising sun, Skywalker found himself in a new and unknown land to him, a vast expanse of unfamiliar terrain stretching before him. Travelling southward from 'Sinner's Gulch', a name he practically spat despite it's appropriateness, the young Orc warrior found himself on the outer vestiges of the Outskirts. He could not have remained in such a obviously despicable place so now he would have to find a new home.

If the hunting was good.

Armed with his trusty steampunk weaponry, he ventured forth, guided only by the whispers of the wind and the primal instincts within. Scanning the horizon for signs of life Skywalker moved cautiously, blending into the golden sea of grass with an innate grace. With each footfall, the soft earth yielded beneath him, as if welcoming him to embrace this new realm. This was a feeling the 'Pale Skin's' could never understand... No... Chose not to, the natural world nothing but a thing to exploit for them. Out here, Skywalker felt a sense of belonging, as though this land held profound secret's just for him to discover.

In the distance, a flicker of movement caught his eye, pulling him from his brooding. Skywalker crouched low, his senses honed to their peak, and observed a group of elusive creatures grazing peacefully. Masked by the light of the Sun, the young orc could not make out much of their features only their graceful silhouettes etched against the boundless sky.

Skywalker's heart quickened with anticipation as he readied his steampunk bow. The rhythmic hiss of steam filled the air as he drew the bowstring, the gears within the weapon whispering in harmony with the breeze. Quickly he placed the finger of his iron prosthetic, Cast Iron, below the steam capsule, the metal appendage turning red in it's heat. A noble creature such as this did not deserve the red hot wrath of his weaponry. With a steady hand and focused mind, he let the arrow fly.

Action 2: Skywalker will build a camp in the Outskirts. Skywalker will use his magic (Pale), alongside 1 Gulch Coin, to consecrate and protect the site and 1 Spare Parts will be used to upgrade his tent. (Strong Willed) (Pale 2/ Mechanic 2/ Survivalist 4 skill used)

Month 2
As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow across the open plain, Skywalker knew it was time to head back to camp for the night. With the spoils of his hunt in tow, he spotted the steadily growing camp site he had forged for himself.

With practiced ease, he unpacked the materials he had gathered during his forays into the wilderness —a collection of supple animal hides, strong branches, and sturdy, flexible flora. With a sense of reverence for the bounty that nature had provided for him, he continued crafting a tribal tipi. Each stitch and tie was executed with care and purpose, an intricate dance that honoured the creatures and vegetation of this sacred land.

As he worked, Skywalker's mind wrestled with conflicting emotions. While the ritual of invoking his ancestors was deeply ingrained in his heritage, to sanctify and protect what was to be a home for him, the Orc couldn't help but feel a pang of apprehension. As an exile from his tribe, he wondered if he was worthy to call upon the spirits that his people revered. Would they still listen to him, the outcast?

Especially in light of the unnatural modifications he had willed upon the time honoured tradition of his tribe, sheets of metal and whirring gears protruding from the canvas and woodwork of his small tent.

616f6d271482e5d26811f8ac6460e6e4.jpg
With the tipi now taking shape, he positioned it in alignment with the stars, seeking the guidance of the celestial bodies that had guided generations before him. The moon emerged, casting a silvery glow upon the structure, as if beckoning him to complete the ritual.

Taking a deep breath, Skywalker gathered a small offering of fruits and herbs, representing the bounty of the land and the richness of his journey. He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should proceed. Doubts clouded his thoughts—would his ancestors reject him, as the tribe had done?

The orc grinded his teeth in deliberation. Slipping a Gulch coin from his satchel, he placed it among the other offerings, as both payment and recompense. Though he knew what he was doing was right, would his ancestors condone his new path?

In the solitude of the plain, he looked up at the vast expanse of stars above him. The same stars that had witnessed the stories of his people for generations, now seemed to watch him intently, their wills and thoughts unknown as they cast silent judgement.

With a mixture of uncertainty and determination, Skywalker ignited a small fire in the centre of the campsite, its dancing flames casting flickering shadows across the plains and began the ritual of invocation....

Skulduggery: Skywalker will try and intercept an outgoing/incoming shipment in the hopes of redirecting it to the Greenskin lands of the Outer Waste. (Rebel, Strong Willed, Brave)(Marksman 3/Warrior 4 skill used)(Ironskin trait used)

Month 3
Skywalker watched and waited from the cover of the long grass, the heavy dust blowing closer.

The sound of beating hoofs seemed to match the beat of his heart, thundering in his ears as the footfall grew louder and louder as they neared.

With a deep breath he willed his heart still, as he pulled the string of his bow, the soft hiss of the steam capsule acting as his opposite, enveloping the arrowhead in its heat.

As the carriage pulled alongside his hiding spot, he took careful aim....

TURN 01 - BATCH 01​
Jackson Reeves ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe
Current Location: Outskirts

Decision Point: Jackson finds a number of surprised farmers and prospector families at his taking up their low paying offers. His good will is repaid in more ways than expected. Your name in the Outskirts spreads among the poor and downtrodden trying to make a living beyond the town itself. You make many contacts and connections among the Outskirt Folk.

New Trait: Outskirt Name - Jackson Reeves is more than a war hero to the people of the Outskirts. He's becoming a local legend for his willingness to help them. Anytime you are in the Outskirts, your Seasonal Survival is halved. You can find shelter with many families and loners out there who'd turn most away.

Action 1: Jackson's efforts combined with Godfrey's to draw in veterans. Some are less interested and you know are likely taking bandit contracts. Others are happy to carouse with fellow soldiers of the Free Cities. You gain Connection: Veterans which will allow you to more easily access and tap them for your efforts in the Gulch.

Action 2: Your efforts go rewarded more than you could ever believe. The locals welcome your aid and the bandits are starting to hate you passionately after you disrupt several raids with your presence and help. A collection is taken and the people present you with payment as their lives become eaier. Gain 10 Gulch Coins.

Skullduggery: You find three treasures to seek.
-The Devil's Hand (A clockwork hand made of Hell-forged steel, currently in the possession of a bandit called Devil's Hand Darnik)
-Baba's Cache (A woman is seeking the return of her stolen cache. It is apparently held by self-proclaimed Immortal Iza, an orc exile)
-The Red Diamond of Ezla (A man with fiery red hair has requested someone recover his Red Diamond from Cold Wind Canyon)

Robert Fairview Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Decision Point: There are some impressive leads for your efforts. Rumors of not just oil, but Axian Oil bleeding through from the plane of Order. The trick is getting samples to prove its true.

Action 1: Your efforts are rewarded with something truly unexpected. Deep Rock Mine. An abandoned iron mine of incredible purity. Seems bandits killed the last prospector group and stole what was mined, leaving the mine to rot without realizing the value of a long term investment. Fools.

Action 2: You find a young boy name Zeke who willingly signs the Black Tontine and goes with you. The local staff eye you a bit suspiciously but feels you'll at least give the boy a life. Gain Zeke as your protégé.

Skullduggery: Your efforts sadly are aggressively rebuffed. The Outskirts folk have bene preyed upon by others who tried schemes like yours and ran off with life savings or any money they'd had in the past. Your skills and experience along save you from a lynch mob. You only get one man to sign on named Crazy Larry. He claims he can speak to turnips. Gain Crazy Larry as a minion.

Dr. Edgar E. Liebgalgen Abstracty Abstracty
Current Location: Sinner's Gulch

Decision Point: The stimulants sell decently enough. People appreciate them for all the hard work going on. Gain 4 Freds or Gulch Coins

Action 1: Sales promotions go well, earning 7 Gulch Coins from your efforts to promote.

Action 2: Your promotion of healing tonics seems to go well even with the sugar water getting tossed into the mix. Even those people seem to show good results. Praise be the Placebo effect! Even with questionable matters, people opt to dump their Freds on you. Gain 10 Freds.

Skullduggery: Your effort yield a woman by the name of Helga. She was wary of being hunted by some bandit lord she thought knew she was alive from a raid that wiped out her family. This seems unlikely but was perfect to prey upon, including diagnosing a nervous condition. The power of suggestion did the rest. Gain Assistant minion.

Lord Gloom, the Great and Mighty, the First and Greatest Demon, King of Hell, Lord of The Heavens, Prince of the Fae, Chosen of the Elemental Realms, the Walking Vault of Treasures, the Arcane Trickster, Bringer of Illusory Wonders, the Shadow-Clad Sovereign, Master of Midnight Mischief, the Mystic Artificer, Architect of Arcane Wonders, the Obsidian Sage, Guardian of Hidden Lore, and many many more!

Decision Point: Attempt to Teach Elijah something useful
"This joint stinks and tastes like a godawful broth, where the damned cook just threw in every damn thing he found!" Lord Gloom spat out, floating around Elijah as they trudged back to his place. Elijah was about to pop a question when Lord Gloom cut him off faster than a butcher on a pork chop, "Shut your trap, you dimwit. It's the damned Planar Bleed here that's screwed up... Listen, I've had my fair share of Planar Bleeds but this one... Shit, this one ranks in my frickin' Top 10. It's like a bloody cocktail of different planes, not just a two-bit collision. Jesus, if these suckers get wind I'm here, they'll go balls to the wall to bust the planar boundary and screw me over!"

Elijah buttoned his lip as he chewed over Lord Gloom's rant, eventually bobbing his head in agreement... though he didn't catch a single thing. That drove Lord Gloom up the wall. Out of thin air, a rolled newspaper showed up in his claws, and he started whacking the poor sap. "YOU. GOOD-FOR-NOTHING. MORTAL First things first, we gotta make you worth a damn! Hell, even a flea-ridden mutt would be handier than you. Ugh... Can't believe Lord Gloom is stuck playing nanny to a talentless turd. Get a move on! Chop-chop!"

Order 1: The Church of Lord Gloom
Lord Gloom, the finest in every room,
With you, no trace of impending doom.
'Trust in Lord Gloom, find your fortunes bloom,'
Your praises we sing, your glory we boom,

Lord Gloom, to your might we're tied,
May our courage never hide.
In your presence, fear subsides,
With your guidance, we stride wide.

Oh Lord Gloom, your power so vast,
Help us outlast time's blast.
Through your might, no shadows cast,
In your grace, we hold fast.

Lord Gloom, with your eternal might,
We stand firm, defy the night.
With your blessing, we take flight,
In your wisdom, we see the light.

Lord Gloom will start building the Church of Lord Gloom and finding poor souls to make them join. He needs some more servants as well as resources so he can freely move about without worrying about the mundane tasks. Not only that, but it will also help provide him power even if it's a little bit. While it may not be as much as absorbing souls, but it will still be considerable if he gathers enough and less effort than scamming people. How will it provide him power? Well, the souls of his believers will be tied to their Faith of Lord Gloom. And Faith is Lord Gloom's power! Faith in himself! Faith in his might!

It will be like passive income, yes, a term he learned from the mortal world about 5,000 years ago. Not only that, but his believers would also willingly donate money! How would Lord Gloom get believers? Well, mostly through [Deceit]! He is broke so he could only rely on that... He'll also sign [Infernal Contracts] and then use his cul- err... church to establish a multi-level marketing scheme to get more contracts and souls.

He'll mostly start with people at the bottom though... When their peers will see them suddenly with money, they would wonder! How did they do that? These well-off former poor people will respond, of course, "Trust in Lord Gloom, find your fortunes bloom!".

Order 2: Sponsor the Opening of Pearl Taylor's Saloon
5 Gulch Coins paid to Pearl Taylor for Lord Gloom to Sponsor for the Poker Tournament/Grand Saloon Opening. There he will easily obtain more souls!

Skullduggery: Sneak about for some juicy secrets
Self-explanatory. One of the choices for the the breakpoint

Turn 01 - Processing Batch 2

Kahlan Dean dawnfallstar dawnfallstar
Current Location: SInner's Gulch

Decision Point: It takes time to dig through various journals of dead settlers and the archives at the Mayor's office aren't well kept. Even then, you still manage to begin piecing together something curious about Sinner's Gulch. It shouldn't exist. This place should be a crater. There are astrological charts from a Free Cities scientist who observed a major meteor fall and impact. Yet when he arrived, he was greeted by a smiling man calling himself Mr. Scratch who promptly offered to help him set up his camp. What followed as a mining boom as the scientist uncovered various deposits of metals and minerals. He became the first Mayor of Sinner's Gulch, one Silas Duquesne. You know where he is buried and his works will need more research to delve deeper.

Action 1: Locals are a bit cagey about sharing history. Some people prefer not to remember the pain that comes from settling in the Gulch at times. Others just seem more caught up in surviving and business to worry about the past. It'll probably take more time. You get some bits here and there. The book will give something for these, even if only scraps for scraps. It gives you a word. Starfall. The word itself if you look closer is mad of odd sigils that hurt your eyes... and your mind. Insanity Warning - You have felt the touch of the Outer Planes looking upon the markings.

Action 2: While locals aren't keen on history, they do loved book learning. Your education makes you very valuable to local farmers and merchants wanting to check Free City contracts and correspondence. You make 10 Gulch Coins plus room and board for next season for free.

Skullduggery: You find a Eldritch Bolt cantrip you may utilize in combat, reliant upon your arcane skill. You also find a Magic Missile spell that should prove useful for a larger arcane barrage. Nothing major, but its magic you can defend yourself with that is more stable this way.

Alvin Fensby Squad141 Squad141

Decision Point: Starting small was a good idea. You have to spend 2 units of spare parts to cover some of these repairs, but in return you generate 10 Gulch Coins from the locals and their good will. They like having a handyman around. Alvin seems like a good sort and people will keep him in mind for future work.

Action 1: Sadly a lot of people seem wary to complain about issues. You think the Sheriff was eyeing you at one point, which made the tanner you'd been talking to immediately clam up and flee. Only two words come out about the Gulch's issues. Mayor Palethorn and water. The two are seemingly linked and from what you managed to glean, he runs the only well in town deep enough to keep it with a steady water supply. Mayor Palethorn, noticing your interest, has requested a meeting.

Action 2: You have to scrap and work some but the coin you just earned is set and spent on your needs, securing your concerns on supplies for two seasons and the needed ritual for your special issue with your workshop.

Skullduggery: You note down your things, only to find one evening that a page is folded wrong. Someone has been looking at your concepts. Nothing is taken, but you can tell someone was poking around in your journal.

Dusty Hitchcock turtwigwins turtwigwins

Decision Point: You watch the battle between the Prarie Dogs and Crystal Spiders. It seems a back and forth for dominance over a cluster or natural holes in Diamond Vale. The Prarie Dogs seem to want to live in the while the Crystal Spiders are seemingly extracting gems and geodes from the and scuttling off with them. You find several Prairie Dogs have been completely crystalized by spider bites. There are also smashed Crystal Spiders where they've been caught to be slammed about or pulled apart. There is something very odd about Diamond Vale indeed. Its contained for now, but there is concern this could spread if not investigated deeper.

Action 1: Your take on sellable goods is a bit mediocre, garnering perhaps 3 Gulch Coins. You know how to live like this though and can cover season expenses at least.

Action 2: Your efforts to ingratiate yourself with the locals prove far more successful. They welcome your efforts to help, happy to share information they glean and feel you might make better use of than them. You definitely have a few friends in the Outskirts now, plenty will likely call on you in the future but also will help you in turn without asking much. You know that banditry is a big issue, but some folks are also hoping the recent influx of settlers will bring more business back to the Outskirts in the shape of prospectors and other businesses that the Gulch doesn't want in it due to noise, smell or other issues. Gain Outskirts Reputation - The Outskirts welcome you and feed you for little chores and aid. You can subsist in the Outskirts for free as long as you maintain this Reputation.

Skullduggery: Your efforts to find some good water sources was a bit lackluster. It was probably more you just needing more time to bond and read the Waste Rider better. You find enough to keep you and it taken care off, with some small extras that help feed into your Friendly Frontiersman efforts.

clh9srg95000fju08s5q7u7o8-1-1.jpg

-------------------------------------

Pearl Taylor
Turn 1

Pearl stepped off the train onto the dry, dust covered planks of the station and breathed in deep before she stifled a fair bit of hacks and coughs as the arid air made its way down. She really wasn't out east anymore. She moved through the crowd exiting the train as best she could to avoid getting run over or barreled over by men carrying luggage and goods off. There was some knowledge in the fact that she could have gotten some of them to help her, to be her guides or erstwhile protectors from the stampede, but Pearl had no real desire to do so. The second she said 'hello' to someone, they took it as a sign of encouragement that she was interested in something more and was now, someway or somehow, bound to them regardless of her feelings on the matter. Dealing with such people could come later, but for now, for those first few precious days in this new town, she wanted to appreciate that rare thing folk like her never got to. Freedom. Her path was hers, no bounty hunters lurking in the shadow, no men seeking to stake their claim, no overbearing clergy trying to convince her to abandon her path of 'wickedness' for the righteous path of laying on her back, popping out six children before dying on the seventh attempt, as the Good Lord intended.

After a few more moments taking in the sights, or lack there of, Pearl descended down the ramp to the town proper, Sinner's Gulch, the next stop in her life of running. A town on the frontier, the ass of the world. Far from the Feds and the wealthy that occupied it. Far from civilization and prosperity, where desperate fools came to chase dreams and wealth only to be turned into just another number in someone else's ledger. But was she really all that different? Pearl could tell herself that this place was just temporary. A place to lay low, build some funds, before inevitably being chased out by a posse of jealous wives, spurned men or the bounty hunters that caught her trail once again, but where else was she to go? Over the years, the places she could run to have been steadily vanishing as the world grew smaller and smaller. Just like all those desperate fools on the train, this could very well be her 'last stop'. Pearl fought down a small rush of panic that bubbled in her chest as the thought made its way deeper into her mind. Just another blind, desperate fool, destined to die in a shallow grave out in the frontier.. But it was marginally better then being dragged back out east to hang from a noose.. Marginally.

Her deal with the proverbial, or literal she wasn't actually sure, devil made, Pearl gazed over her saloon. Her Saloon. It was worn down, the paint cracked and peeling in more places then it wasn't. The boards under where worn and starting to rot in places where water had built up during the rare rain falls. The windows were so dusty she couldn't see through them and more then a few sported a crack and, she noted, one of the top windows had a hole. It was an ugly drab thing, but it was also the most beautiful thing she had seen in years. It was hers. How long had it been since she had something that was truly hers? All of her clothing, even the pistol at her hip, had been gifts from admirers or items she had stolen when no one was looking, but this. This was hers. She could fix it up. Turn it around. Make this place prosperous and earn a nice influx of cash. Money could protect her, money could guard her, just as it protected all those people she had swindled in the past. If she could get enough money, she'd never need to run away again... And if she didn't, she could get enough to run to the next town... If there was a next town. She was almost certain she'd have to undress, paint herself green and live with the tribes if this place went belly up, but that was a problem for future Pearl.

Drawing in another deep breath of the dusty, arid air, Pearl let a smile slip across her face as she walked up the creaking steps to her saloon, pushed open the doors and got to work.

Breakpoint
Focus on her new business

Commerce
  • 5 Dollars will be spent on living expenses to cover the season.​
  • 5 Gulch Coins are gained from Lord Gloom to act as the Sponsor for the Poker Tournament/Grand Saloon Opening​
  • 5 Gulch Coins will be spent on fully stocking the saloon with more alcohol, including fine alcohol. [Gets bonus from Pearly Gates, Your supplies of alcohol come cheap and the building is easy to fix up. Can't afford to run out of alcohol on opening season.] and a wooden sign that says 'Trust in Lord Gloom, find your fortunes bloom'.​
  • 2 Dollars paid to AN-E for her to preform entertainment during Opening Night of the saloon, however Pearl will be taking 50% of AN-E's tips.​

Action 1
Pearl will playfully tease and flirt with the locals to build rapport and to get some of the young bucks to repair her saloon for her to get it in tip top shape.. Without her having to spend a dime, hopefully. Thanks to the bargain, the Saloon is easy to fix and maintain: building is easy to fix up.

Action 2
Pearl Taylor will host a poker tournament as a 'grand opening' of the saloon. It will be fairly low stake with a 5 dollar buy-in and a 2 dollar rebuy for those who lose and want a second chance. The house, so, Pearl, will take a modest 30% cut [Greedy] of the overall take, but besides that, winner takes all. She will wander the town, convincing people to join and partake in her opening night [Charismatic, Diplomacy 4] including offering a personal invitation to Mayor Palethorn, Sheriff Greenfield and Mr. Scratch although she doubts Mr. Scratch will show. She will be keeping an eye out for cheaters, not to apprehend or turn them over, but instead, if they win, to blackmail them and take a larger cut [Skullduggery 2, Cunning, Greedy]. Pearl will also focus on getting people to buy drinks and do a bit of singing to keep everyone entertained [Charismatic, Diplomacy 4, Performance 3] and ensure everyone has a great night. AN-E will be helping with entertainment by playing music, possibly even singing a duet with Pearl [Performance 3] and otherwise helping to make opening night unforgettable. Pearl will be taking 50% of AN-E's tips.

Due to Lord Gloom spending 5 Gulch Coins which Pearl used to expand the liquor stock without actually having to use her own cash and plans on letting Lord Gloom attract all the negative attention to himself with his deals so that she can look more innocent and attractive by comparison [Cunning]. During the tournament, she will occasionally stop to pronounce that this was sponsored by Lord Gloom and to 'Trust in Lord Gloom, find your fortunes bloom' as well as, occasionally, offer a round of free drinks that Gloom paid for [And to get them drunk and so make them slip up more so they spend more money]. A wooden sign will be put up behind the bar for the length of the poker tournament that says, "Trust in Lord Gloom, find your fortunes bloom."

Skullduggery
Pearl will keep an eye out for strangers or newcomers that are handsy, rude or otherwise would not be missed [Cunning/Skullduggery 2] and then convince them to 'meet her' in the basement for some stress relief [or if they aren't interested in her, sexually, she will ask them to help her bring up some casket of spirits] because she's all alone and just needs a big strong man to protect her.... [Diplomacy 4, Charismatic, Performance 3]

Turn 01 Processing - Batch 3

Jed Toppam mausedpotatos mausedpotatos

Decision: Your efforts, prove sadly fruitless. The records prove to have mouldered over time. Pam might be able to pull something together, but her memory is spotty about events as well. Its as if the branch and its staff were pulled from memory and existence. Also, you taste copper even thinking about them.

Action 1: You may have built it out of scrap, but perhaps it is because of this reason that your pump is exceptionally durable and reliable. It takes very little effort to bring up water so that even a child could do so. This pump will be of exceptional benefit to your plans and operations.

Action 2: The Outskirt miners take a strong liking to you when you improve their rails or provide other needed engineering services. You gain 20 Gulch Coins and Miner Favor, this will go to your benefit in future interactions with the Outskirts mines.

Skullduggery: The miners are wary of a pump out of their control, must as they appreciate the offer to build a far stronger one. They'll at least provide you the needed water maps for now and see if you can make anything of them.

Godfrey- F8-F41th Trektek Trektek

Decision: A few come in but many are still wary. They seem skeptical and a few other are heard mutther that Father Fathom wouldn't like them dipping into another faith before vanishing. Still, you do get to meet a few curious souls if not very many.

Action 1: You do surprisingly well on your budget and even manage to get Copper Cogregation iconography placed. Perhaps some of the locals felt rude for rejecting you, but a local blacksmith forges various pieces for you from scrap metal that look actually quite amazing. You gain Minor Congregation and Masterful Iconography.

Action 2: You work with Jackson Reeves to try to pull together the old soldiers in the area. Like Jackson, you have middling success but at least you manage to get the better veterans to meet up with your group. There is still a seedy group that is very obviously taking bandit work though, but you're learning who that is among the vets.

Skullduggery: Godfrey finds a pair of mining bots that became self aware while abandoned in a mine collapse. When the mine was recaimed some years later, Tink and Tonk came out and declared themselves free souls. Gain Tink and Tonk, they will stay with you and help as best they can even if labor bots. Tink is overly chatty and Tonk tends to favor single word answers, but both have very active minds and a deep interest in the faith.

AN-E Femboy Femboy

Decision: Old Lady Gothel seems to be lost in her depression, but you at least avoid making her delve deeper due to your natural talents. No progress but you've averted perhaps something more terrible happening.

Action 1: You erupt into a muscial number, triggering others to join you due to your abilities. The chorus of Metal Music Lady is still being hummed by some afterwards. You make an amusing impression and even those who performed didn't seem to mind. It was oddly refreshing. Gain Favored - Sinner's Gulch. The locals definitely need some cheer in their life.

Action 2: You do your best to help, but something seems off. People are scared to enter. You notice Father Fathom standing in the the doors of his church, STARING at anyone even daring to approach the House of Machina. That STARE lands upon you and your soul shivers within your metal form. Gain Fear - Father Fathom

Skullduggery: There's a lot in the Gulch to see if you look in the right places. You find the more obvious ones, including the local tourist trap: Zigzag's Menagerie of Mystery. Its full of lots of fake exhibits and shameless folk lore even you know is false. Zigzag is a odd goblin in a suit, claiming to be a famous explorer. He oddly does know leads to locations though, so you can press him in coming seasons for more as you're charm seems to work on him well. Or he just loves to hear his own voice.

Extras:
-You do well enough to stir up interest and draw in customers. You garner 10 gulch coins in tips, 5 to you and 5 to Pearl Cosmo Cosmo
-Note payment for your advirtisement.

Turn 01 Processing - Batch 4

Skywalker Twist Twist

Decision Point: The spirit of the Gulch Totem is elusive, almost seemingly hidden by unseen forces. It will take more time to find it and hear it, but you know it is there.

Action 1: You supply hunt in the Outskirts goes amazingly well. You will be stocked for the rest of the year (3 turns/seasons) and not have to pay upkeep. You even have a surplus you can tap for others or one time conversion into 10 Gulch Coins.

Action 2: It takes time and efforts, but your wits, supplies and skills win out to have a suitable camp to operate from. Its suitable to stash your supplies and survive through the seasons. It can be improved further with more Actions.

Skullduggery: You intercept an S&C wagon bound for the Gulch with supplies and papers. The shipment will be missed, but the nearby Greenskins will accepts the supplies even if you are not permitted into their village. You gain Contact: Azure Skull Tribe.

Lord Gloom Kent Kent

Decision Point: Surprisingly, for all the bullying and belligerence, Lord Gloom manages to make Elijah a little more competent in his efforts to serve him. Perhaps he just liked the idea Lord Gloom might not hit him with the paper as much. Note Elijah as Improved.

Action 1: You try to find those down on their luck, there were plenty, but something spooked them as you tried to lure them in. Eventually one of the drifters delivers an invitation from Father Fathom, inviting you to talk.

Action 2: While the Church seeming nose-dived, your investement into Pearl's opening went off like a charm. Here you find souls open to deals, desperate but not under the ominous shadow of Father Fathom. You gain five soul contracts and surprisingly boost Pearl's business at the word of mouth of a local imp doing bargains.

Skullduggery: Your efforts to sniff out secrets are lackluster. Maybe that has something to do with whispers of Father Fathom having his gaze upon you. Locals aren't talking much around you right now, but you get the impression that Fathom clearly has secrets of his own.

Pearl Taylor Cosmo Cosmo

Decision Point: Business is BOOMING. Thanks to the support of AN-E and Lord Gloom, you have a stunning opening period, gaining 10 Gulch Coins and 20 Free Dollars.

Action 1: You flirt a little too well. Several of those young bucks get into a fist fight over you in the Saloon. While easy to repair, replacing damaged goods is harder at times. Your upkeep is doubled next season to recover from the incident and to keep clientele plied with cheep booze to not be run off.

Action 2: Mayor Palethorn does show up. And cleans the house out in the Poker event. You can't tell if he's cheating or just that damn good at cards. He gives you a fanged smile, thanks you for the 'contribution' to his future election campaign and leaves. You break even and any argument otherwise with the Mayor leads to him offering to introduce you to Sheriff Greenfield.

Skullduggery: You managed to find a drifter to lure into the basement for some heavy lifting. They vanish into the building and you think you hear crunching. Best not to ask. The only problem is he dropped something. A pendent from the Church of Final Days. It has an odd bits of stone in it, warm to the touch even when you find it hours later and the blood coating it had congealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back