• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

(silversuzi & SilverSkyWolf)

SilverSuzi

Daydreamer
Pain coursed through his body and seized his mind, all senses, all thought drowned out by the agonizing sensation. Like being consumed by fire and a thousand knives, and then turned inside out and back again, this pain was nothing he'd ever experienced before. He'd fought in countless battles, faced numberless hoards of foes, even tasted defeat now and then and had to return to the Dark Plane to recover, but never had he felt like this. He bore it for less time than he'd care to admit, and then lost consciousness.

When he began to regain his senses some time later, he thought at first he might be paralyzed. It took a lot of coaxing to get his limbs to move, an inch here and there, and the way in which they moved felt... wrong. Joints turned in strange angles, digits seemed oddly shaped or deformed, and though he was burdened with weariness he had the sense that he had lost mass somehow. He had yet to keep his eyes open for more than a second, as the midday sun struck him with such ferocity it sent fresh waves of searing pain through his skull. However, as he managed to maneuver into an upright position and take stock of himself, he began to realize what was missing, and could no longer bear to forego sight.

His wings were gone, for starters. The lack of their weight at his back nearly caused him to pitch forward, even though he'd yet to stand. Cursing at the ache surging through his head, he squinted down at himself. The first thing he could comprehend was that the ground was far nearer than usual. Rather than thick, broad limbs and torso of rolling muscle and tough, thorny hide, the body before him -- his body -- was a spongy, pale, wiry little travesty. He gaped at his hands -- wriggling, stubby twigs of fingers in place of his once-terrifying claws -- and saw that they were trembling. Trembling! He did not tremble! He made others shake in terror and wet themselves before squashing them beneath his mighty feet! Now, his feet didn't look capable of supporting even this thin, frail body he was trapped in.

How had this happened? What-- who could have possibly... He whirled around, peering into his surroundings, ignoring the throbbing in his skull as he searched for the source of his torment. That puny mage, the one he'd been sent to kill, must be the culprit. But where was he?

@SilverSkyWolf

Hugo stood in awe, a less then a minute ago they'd been a huge beast, a dragon, capeable of destroying the whole town. But no all that remained was a skinny, naked, dark haired boy. Hugo had never known dragons existed, not until a few minutes ago.

The clock tower chimed twelve o clock, and the people of the small town settled down for lunch. Hugo wasn't hungry, he had been sick earlier that morning and eating was something that would have to wait until the next day. So he wandered around watching the bright blue sky, until it turned red. Suddenly. Not gradually like a sunset but, one moment it was blue, the next red like the scales of a dragon, and what Hugo was to find out, they were the scales of the dragon. A dragon who still had its appitite and was rather fancying lunch.

The magician saved him though, turning the dragon human and connecting their energy together, so that the dragon couldn't go very far away from him, without feeling excruciating pain. The magician also told Hugo before he died on the spot, that his brother who had summoned the beast was servely weakened and would be back in just over a year, and that Hugo must make sure he is defeated.

"What the hell!" Hugo grouned, not wanting to be part of this whole dragon and mages business, "Why couldn't he choose someone else?"

But Hugo knew the answer, accessibility, he was in the right place at the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time. And anyway the mage was dead so it was best to respect his wishes. Hugo glanced at the mage, bad idea, he already had a bad-stomach and just looking at the corpse set him vomiting.

Once his stomach was empty Hugo took a deep breath and turned to what once was a huge dragon and asked,

"So, violent and powerful dragon, do you have a name?"

Last edited by a moderator:
The beast-turned-human twisted around to find the source of the voice, another puny human seated nearby, watching him. Further off lay the battered and lifeless body of the mage who had cursed him. At first, he felt a surge of satisfaction seeing his foe dead, but then realized that left him stuck in this form with no answers or easy means of reversing it. Fury and indignation filled him, bubbling up from inside and erupting outward in the form of a great roar-- except his voice lacked the volume and might it once held, and instead sounded more like a squeaky howl of pain. He clamped his mouth shut, and then opened it again to probe the inside with his fingers. Once it had been filled with rows of teeth longer than daggers, and just as sharp. Now his teeth were small, dull little things. Pathetic. His hands roamed up to the top of his head, finding no great horns nor armored cranium, just a flimsy round dome covered in shaggy black locks of hair. Once he had possessed a glorious mane which had framed his head in magnificence, but this hair was limp and greasy, a tangled mess.

Thus far, he had chosen to ignore the other person's presence, not caring one whit for some stupid mortal. But it was here, perhaps it knew something about this curse the mage had put on him... and it had asked him something a moment ago, had it not? "What?" He asked, eyes narrowing at the human seated nearby. "What did you call me? Dragon? Ha! An ignorant word from tiny, foolish minds that could not comprehend my greatness. I am no mere wing-ed lizard, spewing flame to compensate for a lack of real power. No. I am no /dragon/," he spat the word, as if it tasted foul. "I have been called the Beast of Unending Destruction, Harbinger of Chaos and Doom, Bringer of Darkness, and countless other titles. And you -- pathetic mortal -- may not have my name. Few have earned the right to know it, and only those worthy may call upon me for my service." Slowly, he began to rise to his feet, sneering at the other man. "I have seen kingdoms rise and crumble to dust, witnessed the destruction of entire races of people, many by my own hands. Traveled from the Dark Plane to numerous worlds over the centuries, with death in my wake and--" upon shaking, untested legs he wavered, tipped forward, and landed flat on his face.

@silversuzi

(If there's any problems with my spelling or grammar feel free to tell me.)

EDIT: (I rewrote this to flow better and have fewer mistakes)

The dragon OKAY.. The harbringer of chaos and doom, fell flat on his face. Hugo was glad he was in human form because a scrawny man with dark tangled hair was much less intimidating then what he'd been before. A huge red dragon, with scornful eyes filled with nothing but hatred, almost so strong you could smell it. Hugo stood before the beast shaking even at its naked human form and decided that, for the good of humanity he'd have to take it home. In reality it was because he had no friends and a mass murderer who might be a god was as good as any. Being small Hugo was fast, and quickly stole some string and a wheelbarrow from a angry old woman. He tied the dragons hands behind his back threw him in the wheelbarrow before walking him the long way back (to avoid getting strange looks). He then dumped the beast in the store house shaking him to wake him up.

The demon-man gave a groggy groan, or maybe it was another attempt at a growl? His eyes opened part-way and stared, unfocused, toward the ceiling for several moments while he once again acquainted himself with reality. Ugh. Still trapped in this human form and... what's this? He wriggled his shoulders, finding his arms bound at the wrist behind him. What an uncomfortable, demeaning inconvenience! Clumsily he rolled to his knees and sat up, struggling against the rope to find some means of freedom, to no avail. First the curse, now this, was there no end to his indignation? He made a mental note to stop passing out unexpectedly.

Once again he spotted that puny piece of human filth nearby, the boy who had called him 'dragon' before. "You!" He snarled. "Untie me so I can strangle you!" He continued to strain and twist against the binds, not caring that the rope chafed his wrists, rather it only fueled his efforts. But these new human muscles were weak, and already he had worked up a sweat.

silversuzi said:
The demon-man gave a groggy groan, or maybe it was another attempt at a growl? His eyes opened part-way and stared, unfocused, toward the ceiling for several moments while he once again acquainted himself with reality. Ugh. Still trapped in this human form and... what's this? He wriggled his shoulders, finding his arms bound at the wrist behind him. What an uncomfortable, demeaning inconvenience! Clumsily he rolled to his knees and sat up, struggling against the rope to find some means of freedom, to no avail. First the curse, now this, was there no end to his indignation? He made a mental note to stop passing out unexpectedly.
Once again he spotted that puny piece of human filth nearby, the boy who had called him 'dragon' before. "You!" He snarled. "Untie me so I can strangle you!" He continued to strain and twist against the binds, not caring that the rope chafed his wrists, rather it only fueled his efforts. But these new human muscles were weak, and already he had worked up a sweat.
"Tell me about yourself first!"

He was good at playing stubborn, and wouldn't lose even to a "dragon". Giving the beast some time to think, and to avoid the awkwardness of having a naked man in the room. Hugo slowly walked past the shelves bread, both fresh and stale before turning a corner arriving at the back of the store house where the workers equipment was kept. After a bit of rummaging Hugo found one that would probably fit the dragon, grabbed it then walked back to the dragon throwing the uniform at him.

"Are you going to answer my question?"

The demon-man fought against his ropes with increasing ferocity until he lost his balance, yet again, and toppled over. His right shoulder collided painfully with the ground, and his wrists were raw now. With a grunt of defeat, he wriggled into an upright position and glowered at the boy when he returned with some mass of cloth and tossed it to him. He ignored the questions -- the audacity on this mortal! -- and eyed the clothing with contempt. "And just what am I supposed to do with that?" He had an idea of what it was for, of course, but he wasn't about to just do whatever this boy expected of him. Besides, how'd he expect him to do anything with his hands still tied behind his back?

silversuzi said:
The demon-man fought against his ropes with increasing ferocity until he lost his balance, yet again, and toppled over. His right shoulder collided painfully with the ground, and his wrists were raw now. With a grunt of defeat, he wriggled into an upright position and glowered at the boy when he returned with some mass of cloth and tossed it to him. He ignored the questions -- the audacity on this mortal! -- and eyed the clothing with contempt. "And just what am I supposed to do with that?" He had an idea of what it was for, of course, but he wasn't about to just do whatever this boy expected of him. Besides, how'd he expect him to do anything with his hands still tied behind his back?
The demon man was right, so Hugo walked to the edge of the store house and locked the door, stopping the steady stream of sunlight from coming in, Hugo quickly lit an oil lamp and walked wearily back to the demon-man. "If you want to know, Deman"he said, quickly mashing together the words demon and man, "you wear clothes."

Realising that he wouldn't understand if Hugo quickly took of his top revelling a thin stature, probably due to the fact that he vomited often, ruining his appetite. He quickly put the top back on and untied the demon-man wondering what he would do.

(It might not nesserly be perment but, the name deman is pretty fitting. Not only does it look and sound like demon and man mashed together but in Dutch it means tame..)

With his hands free at last he pushed himself up off the ground and stood, somewhat shakily. He gave Hugo a glare of pure loathing, but resisted the urge to throttle him right away. After all, he still had questions in need of answer. Plus he was so surprised the dolt had freed him so easily, even after threat of death, it had to mean one of two things. Either this Hugo had other, unseen and possibly powerful means of protection, which 'Deman' would have to watch out for now that he was in this weak mortal state -- or Hugo was a complete idiot and had underestimated just how easily Deman could kill him, even in this weak mortal state.

Now that he was on his feet again, and not passing out this time, he took a moment to look himself over properly. Disgusting. He eyed the rumpled pile of clothing at his feet, and begrudgingly pulled on the pair of pants. It wouldn't really provide any protection, but he hated feeling so exposed in this squishy skin, missing his former thorn-covered, tough hide. While he dressed, he watched Hugo, lip curled in disgust. "Why am I like this and how do I get my old body back?" He demanded.

silversuzi said:
With his hands free at last he pushed himself up off the ground and stood, somewhat shakily. He gave Hugo a glare of pure loathing, but resisted the urge to throttle him right away. After all, he still had questions in need of answer. Plus he was so surprised the dolt had freed him so easily, even after threat of death, it had to mean one of two things. Either this Hugo had other, unseen and possibly powerful means of protection, which 'Deman' would have to watch out for now that he was in this weak mortal state -- or Hugo was a complete idiot and had underestimated just how easily Deman could kill him, even in this weak mortal state.
Now that he was on his feet again, and not passing out this time, he took a moment to look himself over properly. Disgusting. He eyed the rumpled pile of clothing at his feet, and begrudgingly pulled on the pair of pants. It wouldn't really provide any protection, but he hated feeling so exposed in this squishy skin, missing his former thorn-covered, tough hide. While he dressed, he watched Hugo, lip curled in disgust. "Why am I like this and how do I get my old body back?" He demanded.
"I don't know." Lied Hugo. "The magician didn't tell how"

In truth the only way the dragon could turn back to his original form was for Hugo to turn him back, but he wasn't going to let the dragon know that as being a ruthless monster he would probably take any measure to get Hugo to comply, even torture.

"But I do know this, if I die you die, so don't even think about killing me."

Hugo's mouth curved up into a smile, he had an idea. Quickly walking to the door he said "you can go deman you're nothing more then a hinderence anyway"

This way he wouldn't have to deal with the beast and sooner or latter the army would catch him removing the problem he had on his hands.

(Sorry for the slow responce time I've been busy this week)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back