• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Signature Limit Increase?

So I know signature limits are in place to make the forum experience nicer... you don't get massive page-stretching because of long strings of pictures with TinyUrls, etc. But I do think that 100 characters is awfully short (and there's something weird with the "line" limit: I had 3 lines and it said I had 4).

I use my signature to write my "I'm gonna be gone, here's why, and this is approximately when I'll be back" messages, which I've been having trouble fitting in 100 characters! I mean, it's possible to do the cut-and-dry

"I'm taking multiple classes, so I may not be on for days at a time. But I'll get on when I can."

in 95 characters. But honestly, I hate sounding so boring! This time, I want to say:

"Hey guys, I'm taking a creative writing class (which so far is involving a ridiculous amount of reading!) So if I disappear, it's cuz I'm frying my brains on other writing. I'm getting graded on that stuff, so it's got priority. ;D I'll be back whenever I can!"

Much more interesting to read, or so I hope. Either way, it's 4 lines rather than 3 (?), and 256 characters rather than 100, so I keep getting told "No! No creativity allowed."

Long story not-so-short, is the signature limit fixed, or can it be changed? If it can, would you mind taking a moment to consider increasing it? Many thanks!

A signature is used for posts. Since you're looking to use this for an inactivity message, I would suggest posting this on your profile. If you create a profile post, this will display on your account & under your avatar when highlighted.

A signature should be 1 picture or one short quote. Long signatures bloat the pages & with some users having 3,000 replies to an RP can really become annoying.

I am sorry but at this time, the only way to increase the limit is to become a VIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back