Siege [Inactive]

Legendless

Netherworld Overlord
Legendless submitted a new role play:

Siege - Will you make it out of the dungeon alive?

In the world of Dyneath there are hundreds dungeons. Each have their own challenges, creatures and prizes. Millions of people explore and conquer them making names and wealth along the way. Some are so easy almost everyone passes through them before going on to others to test themselves. Dungeons are apart of Dyneath.
There are two dungeons that have yet to be conquered in over a hundred years. One is because the entrance moves around so much it's nearly impossible to locate it....
Read more about this role play...

It was a dry day in the desert. It was always a dry day there, but it seemed to be particularly hot today, the sun bearing down on those standing in a tight circle. The group had formed together a few minutes ago. Most of them had not come together here. Keela noticed the four others who had arrived at the entrance, wondering if Amell would protest against the additional party members. She only thought additional because Keela herself wouldn't mind more people. She wasn't here to claim the glory and honor of conquering this dungeon solo - or even with Amell. She was here to conquer her last dungeon. To make her last mark in the community. And if others shared this as well? She had no trouble with it.

Amell's face was twisted into one of annoyance and his assistant stared at the ground. He kept muttering comments, glancing at the entrance to Gagium. It was like a cave opening in the middle of the desert, almost like the sand was opening up a mouth ready to swallow them all. Dungeon's entrances were normally larger and more pronounced but the simple opening was meant to mislead. Everyone who entered did not return from the gaping maw before them. He turned to look at his nervous assistant who was twirling their hair, a nervous tic perhaps.

"Do be still Jordan? We don't want these others to think I am working with some scared child." Jordan looked up at him and nodded. They glanced at the others, trying to figure out if shouting would start. They had never been inside a dungeon or really near one, but both Amell, Keela and others said that sometimes if multiple groups try and claim a dungeon as their own, fighting happened. Sometimes it got real bloody and Amell hinted people have died. Greed was overwhelming.

"So I think we should make it clear here and now," Amell began, but before he could continued Keela interrupted.

"Yes. I think we should make it clear. Gagium is a dangerous place. The more people we have might make it easier. Will you share this adventure with us?"

There was little wind blowing in front of the mouth to Gagium, the scorching sun beating down on his face and shoulders and the shifting sands beneath his feet causing him to regret ever having decided to test the formidable cave in the first place. Aaron wanted to bring honor and wealth to his family but when faced with the prospect of actually now entering the mouth of the dungeon, to step into that damned place, his bravery seemed to leech out of him like the moisture from his skin. He turned his gaze to his right and watched the Lady Sage Bladsvell with her closed eyes and her free curly hair billowing ever so slightly behind her as though she were appreciating her last few moments in the sun. He could not be certain why the Lady was there with them all but after all, he did not truly know her except for afar.

Sage felt her stomach surge and swirl as her fears rose inside of her, thoughts of terrible deaths, never listening to the sweet arts of her mother's home kingdom any more, never seeing her younger sister's fierce face and never journeying to see the wonders of the world again. She didn't want to do this anymore than lovers wanted to be separated from each other but her father had given her no choice. Even now, his guards stood vigil on surrounding sand dunes under the pretense that they were there to protect her until she entered Gagium. Rather, they were there to make sure that she did enter and to kill her if she resisted. Once, the thought of having a dozen guards at her back might have made her feel safe but now, it only filled her with dread.

The offer however, of the men and women to her left intrigued her so that she turned her attention to them and felt the first flutters of hope fill her since her Lord father had offered her his fatal deal. "Yes. I do believe it shall be in all of our best interests to remain together. Each hold a certain trait and skill that the other does not."

"I agree with mi'lady." Aaron said, after Sage finished. "This dungeon is renowned for it's... invincibility. The more people, the less chance that none will escape. I hate to say that most of us will not get out of here alive but that does not mean that one might."

((Achk...sorry!! I had no notification that this had been started. Sorry!! So, so sorry!!))

Jack Crawsmen

Jack stood out quite noticeably in the crowd of people with his red and white suit on. This place was quite hot with the sun by itself and the crowd of people just made it worse. Jack took off his hat and started to fan himself with it. His face was noticeably wet from sweat and he blamed himself for wearing a long sleeved shirt and pants today. Jack started looked around for Steve. His friend said he would be here by now, but Jack couldn't find him.

As he was looking around he spotted Keela Juniper. He had seen her a few other times, but her face was recognizable to him. He moved his way over to her and heard what she had to say. Two others chimed in after her initial announcement. He raised his hand and gave a smile as he replied too.

"The more the merrier." He said. And that's when he noticed Steve coming his way. His smile widened and he waved over to him.

Steve Demar

Steve was late he knew that. But he didn't really care all that much. He knew Jack would wait for him, he always did. He heard Jack say he was in with the group and Steve didn't mind that either. The more people they had travelling together into this dungeon, the better chances they had of one of them getting out alive. Plus it was good to travel with more people, more eyes to spot incoming danger.

Steve didn't mind the sun beating down on them. He like the heat, though today seemed to be hotter than normal. He was sweating, but it wasn't uncomfortable to him. He looked over for Jack and spotted him instantly. He smiled at the thought that he always wore the most ridiculous of outfits; but Jack always looked good in them. He quietly thought to himself as he approached it, Don't say it. Don't say it.

"Stevey!!" Jack exclaimed as Steve was nearly to him. Steve gave his friend an annoyed look and Jack rolled his eyes and smirked. Jack knew Steve hated it when he called him Stevey; but that's why Jack did it. Steve stood by Jack's side and looked at the entrance to the dungeon, Gagium. It looked like a cave entrance. The mouth of the dungeon definitely did not live up to its legends. But that didn't stop Steve from being wary of it. He felt an arm around his shoulder. Steve smiled, knowing it was Jack's arm. And he was glad that even in this heat, that Jack was still affectionate towards him.

Amell was less than pleased with the situation but even with Jordan, they were out numbered. A group they would be. But it didn't mean a group they will remain. Having expendable bodies around might be useful. He watched Jordan seeing their face filling with relief. He scoffed and looked over the four others who would be joining them. He recognized a few but he never worked with any of them. He was intrigued to see how well they did.

Keela was also visibly relieved. The last thing she wanted was some kind of pissing contest outside the dungeon. It was going to be hectic once inside so avoiding a fight at the entrance was preferable.

"Alright. We are a group then. I think it's best if we tell each other our names. Makes it easier later. I am Keela Juniper." She watched the others closely, especially Amell. She knew her friend well enough to tell he was not happy at the situation. She felt he was a fool. Going in with seven members instead of three increased their odds of survival. Keela felt so sense of pride or greed. Or not as much as he did.

"I am Amell Basquet. And this is my assistance Jordan Carter." Amell gestured to the younger person at his side. They looked at the others and tried to smile, but they were still nervous. Even with the simple opening before them, it was hard to relax. Death could only be a few feet away.

Ahri

Ahri was late. Not too late that the group before her had already entered the dungeon, but they were chatting and such. Ahri took a moment to pause, wondering if maybe she could just turn back. Do another dungeon. After all this one was very dangerous. She might not make it out. But if she did the Queen would definitely see her as worthy.

She slid up, listening to them chat. She looked over the group that was there. There were a random bunch of people weren't they. She wondered how well they'd end up working together. Was this group going to be a good idea or a disaster waiting to happen? She guessed she'd find out with the rest of them. Ahri did not state her name yet nor was she entirely sure she was included with them due to her delay in arrival. She waited for the others to speak.

Dev

Dev stood a little away from the group, but he heard most of the conversation. The longer he listened, the worse he felt. Perhaps it was best to try his luck elsewhere. Just run off to some country that wouldn't sell him to his chasers.

He kicked at the sand, more concerned with staring at the entrance than really listening to the others gathered around. He didn't like that he was so young compared to most of the others. Only the ginger appeared to be about his age. He was surprised when he heard the names of Amell and Keela. He knew them to be quite famous dungeon captors. Maybe they wouldn't do so bad after all.

Still Dev waited to see who else might be joining them.

'Lady Sage Bladsvell of Sicilia, heir to my father's lordship and daughter of sworn banner-man to the King of Sicilia. I admit I have no previous experience in dungeons to offer any help in that respect. I would be much obliged if you could all help me through this dungeon and allow me to exit alive at the end. My father would be most pleased and I can assure he would be willing to offer any or all of you a reward for your good work." Sage advised them, hoping that the promise of lands and money would be enough to persuade them not to leave her behind once they actually entered. People could obviously swear allegiance and trust while in safety but when events became dangerous, people often forgot their word. Many though, did not forget the promise of a reward. She just wasn't sure whether her father would give if she did indeed survive. She offered a smile and nod at each of her new companions, hiding the insecurity inside. She was born a noble and she could fool and lie like one, unfortunately having learned after her father's consistent teachings.

"Uh... Aaron Hemskill. My ladies, my lords." He began, obviously referencing Sage as a Lady but also his other companions. He was born a peasant farmer and anyone with any renown was of higher status to him in his view. "I come from a farm in Sicilia but I am literate and have experience with care. I cannot offer any fighting skill but I may be of some assistance."

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back