Side Stories

BrainyGrrrrl

"I can't help it if I'm smart."
While the "Gotham City" story will remain the 'Big Event' story for the board, involving I hope everyone, members here have the option to create their own story threads featuring their approved characters.  Although these stories will still exist in the alternate universe we've created here, they can be self-contained in the sense that they don't affect the main Gotham City tale.  They can just be separate 'detective case files' or 'costumed caper' tales that happen to a hero or villain in the course of his/her career.  Think of them as 'one-shots'.  Or if you prefer, they can provide backstory/plot development for the main Gotham story.  If this is the case, just make sure that they fit into the main story arc.

As far as characters, approved characters are of course okay to use.  You may also temp Batman while Birdsie is away but there are several caveats.  First, and most importantly, you must get my approval beforehand.  Secondly, you may temp Batman for only one story.  You cannot temp him in several stories at once without again my express approval.  Third, even though you'll be the one temping him, it's still Birdsie's version of Batman that you'll be playing, so I expect you to stay true to his bio as created in Birdsie's character sheet.

Next, even though it will be your story, I expect you to adhere to all board rules as stated by Birdsie and any additional rules created by me.

And finally, there are three categories of stories.  They are:

OPEN- Open to all members and their approved characters.  So, if you choose this designation, be prepared for, say, Catwoman dropping in on your story unannounced.

INVITE- Means that in order to join this story, the story creator must invite you or you may send them an invite request which they have the right to accept or refuse.  Don't be offended if the story creator declines to have your character participate, they may just feel that your character is inappropriate to their story vision.  Note to the story creator- If you decline an invite request, please do so in a polite and respectful manner.

CLOSED- The story creator has decided on the participants they want and are not accepting any further invite requests.

Please include the category at the end of your title for convenience.  Ex.- "Story Title"-OPEN.

Note- The story creator may change the status at any time.  Just don't be rude about it.  For instance, don't change it from Open to Closed to Open again just to exclude a particular member.

Also be advised that if I feel the rules are being abused or being used in an unfair/abusive manner, I reserve the right to amend or overrule them at any time.

Thanks everyone!  I hope this lets everyone have more fun here which is what this board is all about!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back