• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Show off your WIPs!

tuxedo-fish

Obnoxious Californian Stereotype
Exactly what it says on the tin!

I didn't see a recent thread like this, so--

Post up your current art WIP, and show it off. Ask for advice, vent about bits you hate, or simply bask in the kudos from your forum friends. Then go encourage other people to keep going.

Let's go!

Guess I'll start. :3

A few weeks ago, I got it into my head that I wanted to model Marrina Smallwood (Marvel 616), in her Leviathan form. I got to here, and then had to set it aside, because Sculptris is about as stable as a Jenga tower. I do intend to come back to it, once I've finished some other sketches I owe.

ubjBHuM.jpg
ALo7rlC.jpg

Been trying to figure out shading and work on details lately. Its hard since I dont really have the patience nor nuance with pencil pressure. So things either come out dark, medium dark, or really light lmao. So instead been relying on lines with different spacing to denote areas of lighter and darker color.

IMG_20200808_063024.jpg

IMG_20200810_010430.jpg

Been trying to figure out shading and work on details lately. Its hard since I dont really have the patience nor nuance with pencil pressure. So things either come out dark, medium dark, or really light lmao. So instead been relying on lines with different spacing to denote areas of lighter and darker color.

View attachment 767228

View attachment 767227

Your style's really cute!

Re: pencil pressure, try grabbing a 3B or 4B when you're at the art store next. Using a softer lead might seem counterintuitive, but it forces you to really pay attention to how much pressure you're putting onto the paper.

Your style's really cute!

Re: pencil pressure, try grabbing a 3B or 4B when you're at the art store next. Using a softer lead might seem counterintuitive, but it forces you to really pay attention to how much pressure you're putting onto the paper.

Thanks! Also yeah been thinking about using different leads. But wanted to burn through my supply of 2B and HB first. I've been leaning towards getting harder leads because I think it'll help me produce the lighter shades that I can't really seem to do. But might as well consider the whole spectrum right lmao.

Been using this drawing as an opportunity to have a lot of practice messing with pencil pressure and creating a wider array of values. I think I'm gonna go with your advice and get the softer leads in my next art supply purchase. tuxedo-fish tuxedo-fish

IMG_20200812_020906.jpg

TPBx TPBx

Oh man, that looks fantastic! Perspective is hard enough when it's just scenery, but you've got vehicles and multiple different buildings in there, too!

Re: pencils -- Derwent Graphic Pencils and Staedtler Lumographs are my recommendations. Derwents seem to skew softer, overall, but have a very good hand feel. Staedtlers don't break as often, but feel kinda... chalky? If that makes sense? Still, both are good.

What a fun thread! Just got back into drawing now that my wrist is doing alright from a previous injury
I've been working on pet commissions lately but have been trying to get in a sketch here and there
A commission I'm currently working on for someone's golden retrievers
7a6c3b9fe173022ac3373b3e2e47963e.png

929fa128d730dbad5ac779a8fab4dc19.png
Here's something that I actually finished up recently another commission but this time from my spouse wanting a drawing done of our bunny:
LunaWreath.png

Kimby Kimby

Oh my goodness, those are some Very Good Boys.

And also what a good smol bun.
They are the goodest of boys

And yes, she is smol but a criminal at heart. (Also blind in one eye and a tear in her ear which I was requested to highlight in the drawing.)

Suppose these are still a WIP that progresses the more I write with them or RP.

Suppose these are still a WIP that progresses the more I write with them or RP.

Sparkle-Borg! :D :D :D

Aaaand dangerous, sapient magnetic putty.

I love it.

Guess I'll start. :3

A few weeks ago, I got it into my head that I wanted to model Marrina Smallwood (Marvel 616), in her Leviathan form. I got to here, and then had to set it aside, because Sculptris is about as stable as a Jenga tower. I do intend to come back to it, once I've finished some other sketches I owe.

ubjBHuM.jpg
ALo7rlC.jpg

So far, everyone's wip are absolute talent ^^
And this doesnt sound like a bad place to share them!

3d models are the absolute BEST. They show absolute talent!
Nice job on those!

Just a few questions about sculptris (your program for those)
Is it free? If not, how much?
Pc or mobile?
Is it easy to use?

Cause I might try that!

And I wouldn't leave without showing a wip 😂

1597609800287.png
Current program: medibang paint for Android
Time: few days (including slack off)

Note: this character is not mine, it belongs to a user on Twitter by the name of shad0w-galaxy. She makes really good hazbin and mlp art.
It is her oc I'm trying to draw
I'm almost done sketching, just need the boots, which is stinking hard to draw 😥 then I can begin finalizing it

Virus Virus

aaaa your art is cute!

How is MediaBang? I've heard good things, but I've been stubbornly sticking to my old program, even though I know I should move on to something that isn't old enough to drink. :/

And, re: Sculptris--

Sculptris is the free version of ZBrush. It's surprisingly not graphics-intensive (prior to my current compy, I ran it off a netbook intended as a word processor), so I'd imagine you could probably make it run off a tablet or something if you really tried. Computer requirements aren't really what makes it frustrating, though. It's technically an alpha, I think? So it... uh... crashes. A lot. It's absolutely still usable, and it does auto-save your work for you pretty regularly, but still. Sometimes, you're just in the groove, and then-- dangit!

As for ease of use, I think it's super easy. It's clay-based, so you basically just push, pull, and smoosh until the shape looks right. :V

ETA: looks like there's now another free version called ZBrushCoreMini. I haven't tried that one. Maybe it doesn't crash every five minutes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back