Other Show me your PLANTS.

Nihilum

HONEEEEYY? WHERE'S MY SUPER SUIT?!
As the title says, I have an insatiable desire to fawn over other people's gardens, plants, and succulents. I want to see them all. The big boys, small fellas, pointy guys and weird shaped ones. Little trees, too. I like those. Are you an indoor or outdoor grower? Green thumb or going back to Lowe's every other week because you killed them all again? Do you...name them?

I would start the thread off, but alas, winter here is very nasty to my plants. That and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the sun in fifty-two years.

image.jpg
I love plants, they’re my favorite hobby. I am a college student so I always buy a new one when I start the school year and it lives in my dorm and makes me happy.

These are my current dorm plants, might buy a new one soon who knows. They do have names. Only one is mine, the others are a friend’s. The top left is named Rolo (he’s mine) and the aloe is Prince Ali. The baby succulent is Steve lol

I love plants, they’re my favorite hobby. I am a college student so I always buy a new one when I start the school year and it lives in my dorm and makes me happy.

These are my current dorm plants, might buy a new one soon who knows. They do have names. Only one is mine, the others are a friend’s. The top left is named Rolo (he’s mine) and the aloe is Prince Ali. The baby succulent is Steve lol

Growing plants in a food container is such a college aesthetic. I love it. Do you know what type of echeveria the succulent is? :0

😂 Isn’t it tho? Honestly if it were smaller it would be in a thrift store mug! Steve probably will be soon.
I’m not sure. I know it’s an echeveria, but I haven’t had luck finding which specific kind he is. It’s also so small yet that it doesn’t have any coloration to the leaves so I can’t go off of that

As the title says, I have an insatiable desire to fawn over other people's gardens, plants, and succulents. I want to see them all. The big boys, small fellas, pointy guys and weird shaped ones. Little trees, too. I like those. Are you an indoor or outdoor grower? Green thumb or going back to Lowe's every other week because you killed them all again? Do you...name them?

I would start the thread off, but alas, winter here is very nasty to my plants. That and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the sun in fifty-two years.
Dang it, I thought you said "PANTS". Oh well.

Oh, I was born ready for this discussion. I currently have three plants in my possession, but this is my eldest.

His name is Francis, he is a ficus. He is five years old and is a little crispy right now because it's been so hot recently. Look at his neat little trunk though!
IMG20210126154134.jpg

Oh, I was born ready for this discussion. I currently have three plants in my possession, but this is my eldest.

His name is Francis, he is a ficus. He is five years old and is a little crispy right now because it's been so hot recently. Look at his neat little trunk though!

11/10 solely because I can't describe why I found the absolute thickness of this boy's trunks to be so amusing. He's so dainty and slim up top, and then you look down and fella's got tha' junk in tha' trunk.

11/10 solely because I can't describe why I found the absolute thickness of this boy's trunks to be so amusing. He's so dainty and slim up top, and then you look down and fella's got tha' junk in tha' trunk.

Thank you, thank you.

When I got him back in 2016 he was advertised as being a Funky Ficus and that's honestly the main reason I got him. He do be dancin' doe.

I also told him that a stranger on the internet called him a ✨thicc boi✨ and he seems proud.

20210103_174509.jpg
20210120_082836.jpg

pics of my little leaf cutting propagation just two weeks apart! it finally sprouted a baby after months of waiting. a watermelon peperomia c:

Last edited:
pics of my little leaf cutting propagation just two weeks apart! it finally sprouted a baby after months of waiting. a watermelon peperomia c:

Ohhh, a baby. <3 I've never heard of that species before, but I looked them up and the shape of their leaves is so oddly satisfying. They're so...round. Wait hold on I bet that's why they're named after watermelons.

just one of my many plants that I’m super proud of T.T

I honestly thought that was fake ivy at first because it's so nicely framed. Is it self-supporting, or do you still have to use a trellis?

I honestly thought that was fake ivy at first because it's so nicely framed. Is it self-supporting, or do you still have to use a trellis?

they still have command hooks supporting them.
image.jpg
But these bad boys have wrapped around the ladder shelf

image.jpg

Also here are some more plants I had that were DEAD until we moved out onto the farm a year ago and now they’re going CRAZY

image.jpg
image.jpg

Okay, let's do this. For your consideration, the horde of which a few are named but its hard to tell at times where one begins and the other ends. Stay tuned for a followup up the sad fig tree, parsnips, and orange trees

Attachments

• 20210201_101718.jpg
    20210201_101718.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
I would, if they were still alive
Ah, so many plants I loved to take care of
I'm interested in Floral Design, so I had set up a floral arrangement on Valentine's Day, but for some reason the foliage is still alive in the water
I actually am gonna change out it's water today since it's barely starting to die just a little bit
But it's actually basically just been thriving in the water for some reason
Just plain ol' water I decided to snatch from the fridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back