Story [Short Story] Planet Busting Dog Versus The United Galaxy Initiative

planetbustingdog

Destroyer of worlds, eater of treats.
Roleplay Type(s)
"Commander. Requesting verification for deployment of W-11 "Pound's Warden"."
"Permission granted. Deploy at estimated coordinates on... The planetoid Variah?"
"Correct."
"Another uninhabited planet... We're on a lucky streak. Let's hope this prototype warrior at least keeps this mutt in one place for a little bit."

"Wishful thinking, sir."

Music, for your immersion: "16 Rips Off Cell's Tail"

"Arf! ... Rrggghh.... Ruff!"
The planet busting dog tossed a pillar of masterful stone-masonry into the atmosphere. Another planet devoid of life, a mass exodus of aliens having left it after a sincere warning from the UGI years in advance. A grave omen, of the dog's body tearing through space at incalculable speeds, straight for this planet.

But really, it just wanted to play. Fetch? With itself? An afterimage, fluttering like white noise on a screen, jumped into space to catch the now weathered pillar, only to throw it back. This continued for a few cycles at beyond mach speed, before the pillar eventually lodged deep into the planet's core, causing it to slowly grow unstable. On borrowed time, the UGI deployed their secret weapon.

A grand space-ship hovered over the ozone layer, shooting a man-sized canister towards the earth. It landed right in front of the dog, making a mighty crater.

Out of the capsule-shaped pod, a thin, pale man gripped his hand against the frame of the pod's door, squeezing it like jello. His features were robotic; simply not there, like his mind was somewhere else. Full of plain-faced intent, the pale, cybernetically altered monster approached the now stirred pup, which was wondering where his massive "stick" had gone to.

The pale creature's body was accentuated by the roaring red skies of the soon to be demolished world. Lava pooled from cracks in the earth, tears rippled through mountainous hills and melted the leaves off trees. An unbelievable energy escaped the pale man's body, a shining light akin to the force of a solar flare. The ship that had deposited this beast had long traveled to a distant galaxy via hyperspace travel, but their electronics were still fried by the distance of the pale man's power, leaving them stranded, with a blaring distress signal into the ether being their only hope for survival.

Finally, the entity paused its slow, terrifying stride, and stood over the dog's small body.

"You. I loathe you. My planet was decimated by you. My family... The UGI provided me with new life - godlike abilities... My emotions are now forfeit. I live, to destroy you, you mutt."

"Borf."

"Your last word will be forgotten by time. Prepare to be destroyed.

To be continued.

Music, for your immersion: Pantera - Domination

The pale man steadied his body. His muscles rippling, bulging like engorged, blood pumped tumors. His teeth, once a row of modest canines, sharpened to needled points. The pupils of his eyes simply vanished, or better yet, the whites that bordered around them swallowed the windows to his soul whole, leaving him completely gone.

He was not there, only a body, fit as a conduit of absolute power and devastation. The snow-white warrior simply lifted a finger, erupting the earth beneath them into a cone of continental spikes, blasting the two into the sky.

The debris was disorientating. Down was up, and up was down. The pale figure crashed into the dog and battered its ribs with a barrage of punches, the wind and force behind them tearing through the clouds that blanketed the sky. He then took one of the dogs rear legs, swinging them off-planet, with himself in close pursuit.

The planet erupted behind them, split in half by the unstable core. Floating through space once again, the dog was hurled into one of the four moons of Variah, now on flat, lifeless terrain.

The dog simply laid there, panting happily, a tail wag or two expressing their excitement. Was it play-time?
The warrior hurled towards him, self-confident that this blow would be final... Only to find their fist being stopped tragically by the dog's iron body. Their hand was... Not shattered, but simply squished into pulp. Sinew hung loosely off the stumped forearm, bone reduced to shredded fragments. The warrior screamed in violent pain, and the dog howled in response, as if they were singing a happy tune.

The pale warrior threw another punch. Tug of war sounded nice right about now! Within a split micro-second, the dog's teeth caught the other arm in its mouth, tearing it off just as smoothly. More screaming ensued, and blood pooled on the greyed moon-rock beneath them.

The pale warrior had re-learned fear. They barrelled in the opposite direction, hoping to get lost in the darkness of space.

``Oh. You're not getting away that easily. You haven't even given me a belly rub!``

The dog simply snorted. Literally SNORTED in the escaping cyborg's direction, the heat of its breath like a supernova scorching space ablaze. The warrior was lit on fire, a searing hot blaze, burning them alive like the deepest pit of hell.

If it was possible for sound to travel in space, the fearful, pained screams of the pale warrior would have drenched the entire galaxy in despair. His body slowly withered away, into a blissful nothingness...

To be finished.

Last edited:
"I do not understand."
A figure cloaked in shadows sat frustrated in their seat. They sat, soaked in the blue light of a massive screen, showing a live presentation of the planet busting dog's brutal execution of the pale warrior. A larger figure approached them from behind, embellished with medals and a golden crown of authority.

"What's not to understand? Harnessing God Essence into a mortal puppet is impossible. Gods are beings devoid of the chains of love or morality. Their motivations for being are just... To be. That is why Project Pale Grace failed. We attempted to emulate the "idea" of a mortal's deity, not what they actually are... Forces of nature."

"And how does that effect the power of Pale Grace sir?"

"His drive was limited to the ambition of his vengeance. A god would've shrugged off the ideas of pain and death and simply fought to the end. Pale Grace did not even have the balls to blast the Black Dog with his secret weapon... The fool."

"So, what happens now, sir?"

"The UGI's pride and goodwill is at stake. In order to kill a god, you must find a god to do the dirty deed. I want our most knowledgeable thaumatergists at Mother-1 now."

"We're going to summon us a deity."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back