Shooting Stars

lauge_perto

I have left both my Sidereals and my brain at my parents house, so I turn to you in this desperate time of need.

Does a shooting star have any signifigance other that bringing starmetal to creation - I mean, what does it signify? Is it when the maides dry their hair that a star falls to earth?

Beyond starmetal delivery... shooting stars are in theory astrology signs to those who know what to watch out for.

You know... like a shooting star falling at the birth of a great hero... that kind of snazzy deal.

But nothing more concrete than, "ST's, you can just make stuff up"? - not that I don't like having that power, just wanted to check (I'm a certified canon nazi).

- Lauge

It's -flavor- text.... beyond starmetal being dropped down... you know... omens and portents of things happening...

A shooting star goes byin the sky... the king of a small nation dying with said star...

Or even... say... a young lady looking up into the heavens waiting for her beloved to return safely from war... when she sees the shooting star going down... and she just -knows- that her beloved is now dead... she simply knows it (even if he's not really dead)... ^_-

Think King Authur's birth... astrological events typically signify something big happening somewhere...

Oh well, thats great, because I had a lot of that planned, and just wanted to check how I stood versus the canon way of thinking.

Thanks.

- Lauge

I mean' date=' what does it signify?[/quote']
According to Sidereals, a shooting star occurs when the Sidereals need more Starmetal. They arrange to have some hapless, unimportant god in Yu-Shan prosecuted on trumped up charges and sentenced to death.

The death sentence is having his Essence ripped out, compressed into Starmetal, then sent rocketing down from the sky into Creation.

It may sound like I'm joking, but I'm not.

-S

Stillborn said:
According to Sidereals, a shooting star occurs when the Sidereals need more Starmetal. They arrange to have some hapless, unimportant god in Yu-Shan prosecuted on trumped up charges and sentenced to death.
The death sentence is having his Essence ripped out, compressed into Starmetal, then sent rocketing down from the sky into Creation.

-S
Not really surprising, either. It fits in perfectly with the Celestial Bureaucracy's inefficiency. The starmetal is made and sent to Creation, only to be brought back to Yu-Shan soon thereafter.

Stillborn said:
Your right, it does - but I will trust your wisdom. And it is a cool, yet ineffective, way to get things done. Just frame some god and your back in buisness.

- Lauge

Actually, the death of a god = starmetal being made -isn't- found in the sidereal book, but in the 'sexand the sorceress' book, also known as S&S (savant and sorcerer). ^_-

Haku said:
Actually, the death of a god = starmetal being made -isn't- found in the sidereal book, but in the 'sexand the sorceress' book, also known as S&S (savant and sorcerer). ^_-
Oops. My bad.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back