Shogunate

Safim said:
I'd set it between the initial heroic phase and the beginning decadence.
Did the Shogunate really fall into decadence?  I don't think they did.  Yeah, the Shogunate had problems, but it wasn't decadence.  One of these was that they were trying to maintain the same measure of defence for Creation that the Solars had but they weren't powerful enough and was falling inch by inch.  In the middle of this was intrigue and plots aplenty as those in power made coups and betrayals to put themselves in a higher position of power.  That's not decadence, though.  Decadence means that they were too concerned with hedonistic pleasures to do their jobs.  Rather, they were probably a bit too focused to rise in the hierarchy, plotting to get a more powerful job which distracted them from the job one currently had.  Besides, the Shogunate didn't get a chance to implode; the Contaigion and the Fair Folk invasion preempted that.

Actually, most of your points are true and valid, but the Shogunate was already unravelling by the time the Fae ramped up their series of incursions before full on invasion. It IS the Terrestrials mind you, giving into their passions, and the Shogunate Terrestrials were NO different from the modern DB.

*Activates ghost eating attack* Just another dead primodial.

On the topic at hand. It is nowhere explicitly stated that they did but I don't think it is too far off. they divided creation up and ruled it like little kings, but they were only mice dancing around while the cat was out. I as a storyteller would run it that way cause it makes for good stories. Might not be canon... but meh, I doubt I can get sued for that :P

Safim said:
*Activates ghost eating attack* Just another dead primodial.
On the topic at hand. It is nowhere explicitly stated that they did but I don't think it is too far off. they divided creation up and ruled it like little kings, but they were only mice dancing around while the cat was out. I as a storyteller would run it that way cause it makes for good stories. Might not be canon... but meh, I doubt I can get sued for that :P
 Good thing you don't live in the New World, 'cause if you did, five'll get you ten someone will try to do just that.  8)

*parries the attack*

Basically, I'm doing a mass write up for my vision of the Shogunate, backed by canon details, sometime in the future me thinks. I may or may not.

I am just playing with you right now *considers the perfect attack combo*

Slightly off topic. Anyone else amused that an essence 4 charm was used to destroy the primodials? I really think anything strong enough to kill a primodial should destroy a deathlord, too.

Safim said:
I am just playing with you right now *considers the perfect attack combo*
Slightly off topic. Anyone else amused that an essence 4 charm was used to destroy the primodials? I really think anything strong enough to kill a primodial should destroy a deathlord, too.
 It's Essence 3, to rub it in.

Of course, one needs to be able to deal the killing blow first...

Also true, but I really, really didn't like that when I first read the book. I know Solars are epic heroes and all...but seriously, that's fucking stupid. Give it a higher essence requirement or something. It just takes away from it all in my eyes. Especially with a cheese monger who will eventually be like 'oh another spirit/demon/god/whatever' *SLUT with combo* What now?

No, ain't kosher with me. I'm glad the Primordials had lower tier souls.

I somehow get the impression that the primodials were not all that mighty as we like to make them. Why did they put the geas on the gods? Right, because they feared them. Perhaps they were not really all that mightier and the solars killed a whole lof of them... not sure if they reached an essence beyond 5 in that time. on the other hand there were a lot of exalts around to help killing them... hmmmm.

I just say that mighty beings do not neccessarily have to be warriors and be done with it. The primodials were no warriors because they never needed it. They were probably surprised as hell when things not geased all of a sudden appeared, geared and capable to kill them. After their defeat the primodials just CHOSE to be more martially inclined and now the yozis are.

Exactly! They weren't that way, never needed it, never had a care in the world, when all of a sudden, AMBUSH! It's like a bunch of monks getting plowed by the Vikings.

"Ah life is gre-argggggggh!"

"Oooooh nice shiny things these monks have left behind."

To put it simply.

Well, let's not underestimate the millions of DKs that wound up shattered and destroyed...

Damn lizards just won't stop coming!  And these frippin' little bastards on fire? WTF?  Where are all these damn things coming from?  Ow! That was my thumb you asshole!  And you! You could have poked an eye ou...Hey, what's that odd glow?

*SLICE*

Oh, that was some cold, cheap ass shit...

*SLUMP*

Ya know

Calling Autocthon Autobot makes sense in light of this

After reading Neph I have to suggest that weould make the rest of the primordials the decepticons

and the Phrase "Human GERM!" suddenly seems so right on their lips

Modernis Mundi is Jakk's alternate setting for Exalted. You can find it under articles in the Lore5 section, located in the menu on the forum index, through the link titled "Submissions".

Review my submissions while you're over there. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back