• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy SHOGUN_

@Kolchao

One question before I dive into creating my CS. I know it has already been mentioned in the Overview, but I am still kind of confused. If my real-life person is female and the Avatar is a male, will she become the femalised version of her male Avatar? Or is it she will become male with female looks and physique? (If I am making any sense.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loki Odinson] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21433-kolchao/ said:
@Kolchao[/URL]
One question before I dive into creating my CS. I know it has already been mentioned in the Overview, but I am still kind of confused. If my real-life person is female and the Avatar is a male, will she become the femalised version of her male Avatar? Or is it she will become male with female looks and physique? (If I am making any sense.)
The only thing you and the avatar will share in common is the armor and weapons (and class, naturally). The gender of the real life person will not change.

The example pointed out was because of Miko, a class that can only be used by a female avatar. If your real life person was a guy and played a Miko, he will still be a guy, but he will have to wear female armor (since there is no male version for Miko armor) and the npcs will treat him like a girl, because in the game's "brain", male Miko do not exist.

The only class that provides a change in your body is the Oni, where you will become a demon-like version of yourself.

But regardless of class, clothes or treatment, your gender won't change. You were a guy IRL? You will be a guy in the game.

I hope that helped c:

Kolchao said:
The only thing you and the avatar will share in common is the armor and weapons (and class, naturally). The gender of the real life person will not change.
The example pointed out was because of Miko, a class that can only be used by a female avatar. If your real life person was a guy and played a Miko, he will still be a guy, but he will have to wear female armor (since there is no male version for Miko armor) and the npcs will treat him like a girl, because in the game's "brain", male Miko do not exist.

The only class that provides a change in your body is the Oni, where you will become a demon-like version of yourself.

But regardless of class, clothes or treatment, your gender won't change. You were a guy IRL? You will be a guy in the game.

I hope that helped c:
Thanks so much! Yes, I understand now ^^

Also, I added (Path: Summoner) to my Character. I realised I didn't do that.

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Thanks so much! Yes, I understand now ^^
Also, I added (Path: Summoner) to my Character. I realised I didn't do that.

[/QUOTE]
Ofc, no problem at all.

Regarding the use of scrolls to summon, its alright to have all the ones you had in-game before, just remember that at the beginning you (and everyone else) still don't know how to tap into the magic within you, and when you learn to do so, you'll have to start with the weaker shikigamis.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself too much :P just want to make sure everyone understands it all, and point things out for those who might have missed it in the first place.

Kolchao said:
Ofc, no problem at all.
Regarding the use of scrolls to summon, its alright to have all the ones you had in-game before, just remember that at the beginning you (and everyone else) still don't know how to tap into the magic within you, and when you learn to do so, you'll have to start with the weaker shikigamis.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself too much :P just want to make sure everyone understands it all, and point things out for those who might have missed it in the first place.
No, it's fine (for me anyways). I know I do tend to need reminding, especially in group RPs.

And I understand what you are saying in regards to the scroll and summoning whatever Shikigami she/he had on hand. If you would like, I can detail my list of Shikigami, all of them I have now, from low-leveled to the higher ones. They are a remnant from another MMO-styled Japanese RP I was in on a dead site. I couldn't bear to discard them and I am glad I did not ^^

Feel free to use them all~ You can list them too. Since they are in-game items, it's alright for everyone else to know them, and even mention/request them if the situation asks for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back