• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Shin's Stories

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
Hi there,

Welcome to my little writing corner. I hope you will find the stories in here as interesting as I found them. Comments and criticism are welcome, I will try and compile the writings in an orderly fashion, here on the first post!

Title: .Hack//Eternity

Welcome to the Cover Post of a series of stories centered around the .Hack franchise.

Here you will find all the stories neatly organized with some extra page notes, character sheets etc.

.Hack// Eternity

Book 1

Chapter 1

Verse 1

Title: Form a Party

Date: May 11 2015

The Server Town of Mac Anu used to bustle with players joining guilds, forming parties, trading goods and just having a merry old time. The last few years has seen a decline in that wondrous activity and now the streets are filled with PKers and Guild Gangs. The never ending rotation of the Chaos Gate suddenly activates materializing 2 players into the town A male Wave User and a female Archer. The pair make their way towards a bridge over the river. There a young female Blade Warrior.

" Took you guys long enough, I almost went to drag you into the game!" She said.

" Hey, there's a limit to fast you can eat you know." the archer Responded.

" Satomi, we also needed to load the armors we will need." the Wave User explained.

" HEY HEY HEY!!! It's Sakuya! INGAME NAMES ONLY!" she screamed. Her little outburst caused a few present to look in their direction.

" Okay! Don't worry Sakuya, Genkaku and I will go along with your little roleplay."

" Let us get going, Sakuya, Momoko, we are going to Twin River Narrows special event, right? It takes more than 2 hours if I remember correctly. You girls have school tomorrow."

" I can stay up later than you guys."

" Yes, but that does not help you cause the event requires a party. " Genkaku said. A few more complaints from Sakuya were yelled as they made their way to the Chaos Gate. The Party finally formed warped out.

The Three materialized near a Chaos gate that was situated near a cliff, over looking the mighty Twin River Narrows. The cliff itself was positioned on an island in the middle of the river, a stretch of land 100 meters in length. Three passages lead away from the Gate. Two bridges from either side and a roadway towards the river. The group made their way to the river where an NPC awaited them.

' Welcome to Twin River Narrows Special Event; Quest for Soul Releaser. '

.Hack// Eternity

Book 1

Chapter 1

Verse 2

Title: Trial of Twin River

The party of three were riding on a canoe like boat down the river towards the Azure Sea of Pacifica. Sakuya was at the foremost end sword in hand, with Momoko behind her and Genkaku at the rear using his staff to steer the boat. As they raced down the river monsters from the deep and from the air attacked in waves eating away at their life points and mana.

" These things are coming real fast!" Momoko said as she pulled arrow after arrow. " I can only use 100 arrows since there are 2 other trials after this one!" she yelled.

" How many do you have left? " Sakuya asked.

" For this trial?.... 23!"

" Switch with me." Genkaku said taking up position and helping Momoko move behind him. " I brought an elixir with me just in case, so I can shoot these Birdra's down for a bit." The Wave User shot out multiple projectiles using a mid-level attack arte.

"Momoka! Steer the boat away from these tentacles!" Momoka did so while Sakuya tried blocking or cutting the tentacles. " It sucks we don't get any gold from these monsters. "

" Special Events often use hordes of monsters, but they limit the gold to a fixed sum at the end of the Event if you complete it or not." Genkaku explained.

After their ordeal traveling down the river, they were to make their way off the water and into a large clearing found in the middle of a forest. The traveling itself was long, with the only fortunate outcome that no monsters ever showed up.

" Are you worried about the test at the end of the week?" Momoko asked.

" Why? Should I be? It's only english." Sakuya responded. " English is no problem for me. But I'm guessing you're the one who needs some studying. " Momoko gulped at her response.

" Well...you're lucky born with a parent fluent in the language... but it should not be too hard." Momoko raised her head and saw Genkaku in the distance signaling them to come closer. " He's found the clearing!"

" Move slowly, we don't know what awaits us here. " Genkaku said. But as the moved further away from the forest a loud whisper of the wind. The Three put their backs to each other feeling they were surrounded. And they were, but by a single enemy.

" Asmodaios...." Genkaku whispered. A large serpent creature, and legendary boss level monster.

.Hack// Eternity

Book 1

Chapter 1

Verse 3

Title: Asmodaios' Snare

Asmodaios; a main boss found in the dungeon Serpentine Snare, of Twin River Narrows. His length exceeds several dozen meters and can swallow whole party's in a single gulp. His scaly dark skin glittered in the sunlight. The Serpents arsenal included twin fangs about 1.5 meters in height, a scythe like tail 3.5 meters long and poisonous venom that can corrode armors away with enough exposure.

Momoko relayed the information about the monster as it prepared for its first strike. Lunging toward the group, in order to escape the three jumped into separate directions.
" He's mine!" shouted Sakuya. She charged onto the beasts' back stabbing her sword into the scales and going along for a ride. " Support! support! " she yelled. But Momoko was afraid of hitting her as the Event activated teh Friendly Fire condition, allowing damage to be done to party members.

" Worry not, I will heal and strengthen Defense as needed. Use a spread of artes to hit a larger area on Asmodaios." Genkaku suggested. He started using buffing DEF on Sakuya, and Momoko used her artes to lay shoot a dozen arrows in a single shot.

" Elemental Rain! Elemental Rain!! Elemental Rain!!!" she yelled almost getting into character. Her elemental rain arte allowed her to fire a spread of arrows laced with Fire, Wind and Ice elemental attributes. " He's not even at a quarter yet!" she noticed indicating Asmodaios life was still quite high. All the while Sakuya hacked away at the back of the monster until it got fed up and tossed her aside, putting a huge dent into her life.

" Why you! Blazing Wave!" she yelled, reading her own attack. " Take this and this. " Genkaku noticed on the life points of the monster that Sakuya's fire artes were doing just a little more damage than anything they were doing before.

" Everyone! Continue hitting him with fire artes! Fire may be his weakness this time around." he shouted to the girls. So the three hit the Boss monster with Fire artes continuously until they ran out of mana. Once the other two were spent, Genkaku stopped using Attack Artes and saved the rest for healing. " He is at 25%... you guys have any MP potion?" he asked. Suddenly he was hit with Asmodaios Scythe, effectively landing a deathblow.

" Genkaku!"

" Nii-san! Sakuya watch out!" Sakuya barely dodged a spray of Asmodaios' venom.

" Damn! Are you able to revive him?!"

" Yes, but... it takes 5 seconds standing still to use the Revive item. We'd be sitting ducks." Momoko said. as she ran to the edge of the clearing, trying to circle around the Boss monsters. Sakuya knew Momoko was right. By reviving Genkaku someone might get hit and they would need to be revived. It was a no win loop.

" Grr.... circle him and heal yourself a good amount.... try to get in some attacks if you can!" Sakuya ordered. The pair stayed their distance from the beast but from here only Momoko could attack. Sakuya concentrated on healing them both little by little. " What's he at?!"

" ,,, uh,,,, 12%! Just a little more." They were almost near the end. Asmodaios however was not through. He began spewing poisonous venom everywhere. With the battlefield ladden with huge amounts of poison, the pair began to lose small amounts of health anywhere they went. " You've got to be kiddin' me! Seriously?!" Momoko yelled.

" 9%...Wow.. the programmers really made this second part hard..." Sakuya in the real world saw her life points going down by a trickle. " Come on, Momoko! It just means we need to kill him before we die!" she said charging once more. Momoko right behind her shot arrows as the closed in.

" 5%... One good hit and we're goners!"

" 3%... Just attack!"

" 2% Go! go!" Momoko was then taken into Asmodaios jaw and her remaining life points squeezed out of her.

" Momoko!"

Sakuya had gathered enough strength for one last arte. But before she could get a hit in, her life counter was reduced to zero by means of the poison.

.Hack// Eternity

Book 1

Chapter 1

Verse 4

Title: Rewards of Friendship

" No!!! I was so close!!!" Sakuya screamed into the mic. She saw her character go down. A few seconds passed and she felt something was not right. Her character was KOed, and since the entire party was as well they should have all been sent back to the Events starting point. But she was still inside the clearing. She wondered if the game had glitched or maybe broken as some point. In the real world she was checking to see if all the connections were still set. When she put her visor back on she saw that she was alive and that Genkaku and Momoko were wondering what happened to her.

" Did you go AFK? " Momoko asked.

" ..uhhh yeah. Wait! What just....how are we alive? Where's the monster!" she said turn jumping to see if it was still there. They were still in the clearing and were getting rewards and EXP for defeating the boss. She turned back to them still confused.

" We're alive cause of this." Momoko showed Sakuya an ingame item, a bracelet.

" huh?"

" It is a special item called the Ties of Friendship, a rare reward for a limited time event from the past. It comes in pairs and only works with a person within the same party. In battle when a person wearing this dies, data of their death is transferred to the other bracelet. When that other person dies, it activates the special effect, which brings back the first person back to life, with the sum total of both players stats before death."

" ....wha... you has such a thing?! "

" Yes, that's why Genkaku said we needed to put on some proper armors for this event." Momoko mentioned.

" huh... I see. It only comes in pairs I guess huh?" she asked to which the both gave a nod. " Drats... well at least it's useful."

" Actually, it can only be used once within a dungeon." Genkaku explained. Sakuya's frustration to his comment could not be expressed online. " Oh hey a cutscene....what!!!??" The cutscene showed the ground beneath the party break apart and everyone falling into a chasm. Once they reached the bottom, the group made sure everyone was fine, and when life points were replenished and mp restored, they ventured into the cave's corridors.

" Shouldn't we turn back? I mean we got lots of EXP and Gold but if Asmodaios was the monster for the second trial, I don't think we'll survive the next one."

" Oh stop being such a puss, Momoko. " Sakuya uttered. " Have you forgotten? Soul Releaser is also a limited time item. Only the first 100 party's per server to complete the dungeon will get the item. It's powers are even better than the bracelet you guys got." Soul Releaser was a sword that enabled the user to have their stats saved during an event where systems were being updated or patched, computer freeze, or when killed by another player.

" Hey look! Wow we fell quite a ways down." The three were staring up high trying to locate the roof of the cavern, the corridor lead them into a gigantic opening in the cavern that made them feel like ants. But at the center was a large statue, and at the foot of the statue the fabled treasure chest of the Event. The one that housed the Soul Releaser. " All right!... looks like the third part of the trial was a dud, they must've thought people would turn back after battling Asmodaios. Nice!" Sakuya said. But she spoke too soon. The Statue came to life and grabbed the chest in its hand. Unfortunately for them, this statue made Asmodaios look like a caterpillar. Sakuya's face stared only at the glow inside the statues hand.

" .......WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

.Hack// Eternity

Book 1

Chapter 1

Verse 5

Title: Knowledge yields Rewards

The three party members were getting stiff necked looking up at the giant moving statue. They figured a simple stomp of his foot would end them. But to their surprise the statue was not a monster. There was nothing to indicate it had life points of any sort, neither was it a cut scene as they were still able to move their characters. Therefore Genkaku could come to only 1 conclusion. " It is a knowledge test. " he said to the girls.

" A knowledge test.... well I guess it's better than losing." Sakuya said. Though she was not at all confident about what they discovered. Knowledge test tended to be quite difficult and had a time limit given to counter the use of search engines. All three of them would hear the question but only one can answer, and the person chosen to answer would be done so at random. To prevent players telling each the answer, interplayer communication was cut off during the questioning.

" Here it comes...."

IN DECEMBER 201X, WHAT SONG RECEIVED OVER 1 MILLION VIEWS IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES.

Momoko was given the answer and a 10 second window.

.... CORRECT......

IN 1980, WHICH CURRENCY WAS VALUED MORE ON THE INTERNATIONAL SCALE, THE JAPANESE YEN OR THE CANADIAN DOLLAR?

Genkaku managed his answer in time.

.......CORRECT......

" Crap it's my turn...." Sakuya was fortunate enough to have the other two answer those questions as she did not know the answer, but for her the third could be just another question she does not know.

WHAT IS THE LATEST FULL TITLE OF THE LATEST MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM FRANCHISE

Sakuya typed in her answer.

.....CORRECT!......

The other two looked at her and knew she would do well with this question. She was, after all, a fanatic when it came to this particular side of Japanese culture.

" It would seem that the questions were tailored towards personal information we have setup in our accounts, such as age, likes and interests." Genkaku noticed.

" Who cares! Let's get our treasure!" Sakuya told them. The statue dropped the chest on the floor and when the three went to open it they found the Sword Soul Releaser. " Yes! Finally. It's ours."

With that, the group started their monster free journey back, but on their return to the gate, a strange group was waiting for them there.

" Hey look fellas, another team got one... Give us Soul Releaser"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back