• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it. Whilst the current one is just a 1x1, feel free to hit me up if you're interested in RP'ing with these character / in this setting in the future, or look up the Isekai Hell setting and RP's in general.

What to expect out of character:
A simple 1x1 at a simple pace.

What to expect in character:
After doing some research at the frog's place, Saoirse decided to take her chances travelling to a Harpy village. This area of the West Empire was known to be impoverished, but with more harpy's taking on active scouting duty in the military and sending their wages to their home village, it has recently gotten an economic boost. Hoping to make use of that, the group sets out to sell their healing and songs to the masses.

Shikoba Village
West Empire, northern parts.
Time: 09:00 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

Saoirse was in a relatively good mood. She'd found the perfect spot for the to visit next. The village of Shikoba, mostly inhabited by harpies and other flying beasts. Thanks to some browsing through the monk's library, she realised this place was going through a little bit of an economic boom right now, meaning many (formerly) poor harpies might be starting to gain enough money to finally get those little ailments of theirs healed or pay for some fun entertainment.

That said, she suddenly realised something when she saw the village appear on the horizon. “That's... pretty tall.” She totally wasn't afraid of heights, of course. A totally proud beastfolk like her wouldn't be scared of something so silly. “It's fairly windy... and harpies aren't known to be great builders. We'd best be careful when getting up there. Yes... best be careful.”

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Melia, suppressing a desire to pick Saoirse up and just carry her, replied with a simple, “Of course ma'am.” instead.

Jastira Veidi
fAVEBtQ.png

Dd6nhDS.png

Jastira was neither particularly eager nor unhappy with things right now. Her current situation was clearly a lot better and she'd get to sing again. On the other side, harpies weren't exactly a 'high class' public and she'd been told to tailor some songs to their likings. Stuff about soaring on the skies, the wind in your feathers... Even so, she was given a chance to start somewhere, so she was convinced to make the most of it. She figured reaping after Melia might be the safest bet. “Of course, miss Desrosiers.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Ryuuji diligently stayed close to Saoirse. Thankfully they had Melia with them so hopefully should any trouble arise Ryuuji wouldn't have to start throwing himself in the way as a body shield should it come down to it. For a calculated risk, perhaps Ryuuji would be willing to do something like that if it meant getting ahead, he had finally decided, putting your life on the line for potential benefit was just something that one needed to do sometimes...

Based on the research they had done in the library, if those sources were correct this was a strategic area for them to operate in, as Saoirse had suggested, he knew full well she wouldn't bother heading somewhere that wasn't going to benefit them in some way. Those who had just gotten out of poverty were the sort who might be willing to spend more with their new found money after being deprived of so long, it was a thought which made the inner business man part of Ryuuji feel..rather confident and pleased at the prospect of profiting, whether it be from his ability to help ease pain or from what he heard Jastira's singing, feeling relieved that she hadn't deceived them when she was making a case for why she should be picked.

The first observation which was made from his mistress, was that, yes it looked like Shikoba was tall, he supposed that made sense for a population of beast people who could presumably fly if they were harpies, assuming they were probably similar to the lass they had met earlier who of course had taken off pretty quickly when things got hard.

"I'll help be your eyes Miss Desrosiers or however else you may see me fit to assist you, your safety is our collective priority." He reassured her. For Ryuuji this wasn't even untrue in his mind, it was a priority which allowed him to better protect and maintain his own interests after all, and truthfully he did find himself warming up to her some, particularly with how he related to how she was minded.

"Shoddy construction or not, I believe that we're in a most advantageous position with having Melia for protection, the studying Jastira has done on the locale, and from my experience the desire to cure aches and pains is pretty universal..the exception of perhaps constructs but I'd imagine you'd need to travel pretty far to even have a chance of running into one of those.."
He spoke the latter line like he was in thought for a moment but regardless, he was ready to go wherever Saoirse saw fit for the time being.

Elvario Elvario

Shikoba Village
Time: 09:45 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

“Yes, yes...” She mumbled to all the replies. Now she definitely couldn't show any fear of heights (even though she was already doing so). She took a deep breath and headed onwards. Luckily enough, there were some relatively accessible paths with staircases carved into the sides of the mountains. The trip up was a lot easier than expected... until Saoirse realised something shocking. They were on the wrong peak. The peak with the city plaza was besides the one they were on... which meant they'd have to go all the way down again, or use one of those really creaky looking walkways that were swaying around in the wind. She swallowed. This was normally where you'd have a slave go first and watch them plummet to death instead, wasn't it? Yet Saoirse was by far the one with the least weight and the best chances at getting across...

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

“Do you wish me to proceed first, ma'am?”

Melia asked, upon seeing Saoirse's hesitation.

“No, no, I'll be good. I'm just... preparing.” She replied. She was both too prideful to admit she was terrified and too worried she'd loose one of her hard-earned slaves, so she took another deep breath and set foot on the bridge... She felt like she could've suffered a heart-attack multiple times over, but eventually, she managed to get across. Jastira and Melia were soon to follow, one by one. However, as it got to Ryuuji's turn, he was approached by someone as he was halfway onto the rope-bridge.

TANHLmb.jpeg

“You. No use this. Out of order. Turn back.” The harpy told him. From what little Ryuuji knew about harpies, the degree to which they had humanoid features was reflective of their power. Those with merely a humanoid head were the bottom rank. Those with humanoid forms, but with wings for arms, were the middle-tier. Those with both wings and arms were the upper ranks of Harpy society, both the strongest and most influential. This one, by that logic, was the type of barely intelligent harpy that was put on the more annoying duties and might not even be good at those. In other words, the harpy likely hadn't even noticed the other three that had already crossed the bridge.

Ryuuji Kamimura
Mention: Elvario Elvario
Parallel to Saoirse's thought, the thought did cross Ryuuji's mind that if Saoirse just happened to fall, perhaps it would means they'd be free if there was no one to inherit them. But that'd also meant there was the risk that they could end up under someone who was more like a Dranth or worse. Even then he didn't actively wish ill will against Saoirse, she was just using the law of the land to her advantage, much like Ryuuji did in his past life, so he found that respectable doing any less than that was for suckers in his opinion like those monks. Yeah between all of those elements considered, he figured that he would do what he said and keep an eye out to make sure she was as safe as could be. He wasn't about to lose his mistress because of some kind of fall, this was a mutually beneficial relationship so far. She was able to get the necessary connections to really get his power to grow, which ultimately would help him too.

This thought was reinforced when Saoirse didn't make any of them go first. That was a niceity which he appreciated, even if he wasn't aware as to the reasonings for why she had done so.

At this thought Ryuuji felt a bit better, even if the situation they were in did even make him a bit nervous himself, but he kept a neutral face, not so much of the height itself but at the possibility of falling with how poorly the construction work had been as Saoirse suggested. Everyone else had gone before him at this point and everyone else was making their way through well enough so why wouldn't his turn be okay? He just needed to look forward and pay atenention..but then of course as he was focusing on not coming to an unfortunate end there was another one of those winged beasts like the one that had picked up that berry bush earlier who they had encountered. Ryuuji looked up at it a bit visibly surprised as it told him not to use the bridge.

And this is supposed to be my superior? Ryuuji thought to himself, almost snickering at the thought, yes apparently in the West Empire even this [Beast] was considered above him by mainstream society despite it being so oblivious to the point where it almost made him want to groan, but instead he kept his professionalism to him regardless of what he was thinking.

"Apologies for causing any concern but, I'm but a slave accompanying his mistress where she wishes." He spoke matter of fact gesturing to Saoirse and the other three. If he didn't mind causing potential trouble he might have said something snarky to the harpy, but instead he went for this more friendly route under the assumption that even the bird person would understand it'd be bad if a slave was separated from their owner when they were supposed to be following, just wanting the thing to let him through so he could get to safety at this point, the interruption only making his feelings feel somewhat heightened.

Shikoba Village
Time: 09:45 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

TANHLmb.jpeg

The harpy circled around Ryuuji for a bit. Upon his words, the Harpy looked confused, then flew off towards Saoirse. “You, this slave, is yours?”

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

“Yes. Why in the world were you stopping him?”

“Bridge out of order. Can't cross.”

“Wait... what?” She realised she might've really dropped to her death there. “Why in the world did you not tell me that before I crossed it?!?”

“You crossed bridge? Cannot do. Go back.” The harpy said. “Cannot cross bridge, so return.” It stated, as it tried to get him to return across the bridge... cause the bridge itself was out of order and they'd crossed it?

That's the point where Saoirse snapped a tad. “Listen, birdbrain, I'm not going onto a bridge that's out of order and risk my life again just cause you can't do your job. Besides, I'm a gentry. I don't take orders from you and definitely not I they're this moronic.”

At that, the harpy started squawking loudly. “Rude! Mean! Bad! Rude!” It shouted, as it flew off... only to head towards Ryuuji and start flapping her wings at him to make the bridge wobble more. “Slave. Bad. Go. Shoo! Return!”

This, however, got Saoirse to call out. “I swear to the gods, if you hurt my property I'll butcher, roast you and have you for lunch!” [Intimidation F] It was enough for the bird to fly off, although she was definitely squawking what seemed to be insults in Beastial at them.

Assuming Ryuuji had managed to hold on, he'd eventually be able to make it across... upon which Saoirse would admit they weren't off to a great start. “That was probably one of the worst ways we could introduce ourselves to the people here... let's hope the next ones we meet are a tad more intelligent.” She hated speaking bad about her own species, but even she had to admit that this one had been extraordinarily brain-dead. “We'd be in for a tough time if this one is the rule, not the exception.”

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji found his gaze following the bird person as they circled which wasn't really what he wanted to be doing when he was trying to stayed calm and balanced on this possible death trap of a bridge, finding himself getting pretty annoyed with the harpy, but staying collected. To Ryuuji Saoirse's outrage was more than justified given it looked like this beast was incapable of doing the most basic task which it had been assigned, to look out for people and make sure they don't go on the shoddy architecture.

Now she wanted them to go back..to meet with Ryuuji after they had already crossed it, yikes, Ryuuji was glad that even the employees who he dealt with back at the office weren't usually this inept.

He had to stop himself from scoffing after the bird woman told him to go back and them as well. When it came back and tried to shoo him, Ryuuji clenched his fists and bore the verbal onslaught at him. It was at this point where he could have very happily thrown a rock at the damn thing to make it go away, but he resisted that thought as well, knowing full well that he didn't want to start getting any kind of criminal titles or ruining their chances. Ryuuji did hold on to better stabilize himself, his face surprisingly calm during the endeavor even on the inside he was ranging from having high anxiety to feeling aggravated.

Then it had the audacity to get offended when Saoirse just spoke the truth. Hopefully there would be some more advanced ones here and there because if they had to deal with a whole group like that one..it was going to be miserable, however on the flip side if many of them were like that then perhaps they could be exploited.

Ryuuji figured now wasn't the time to verbally defend Saoirse, just letting it fly off so it'd hopefully leave them alone. Presuming that Ryuuji was successful in finishing crossing he got close to the rest of the group to follow before he continued speaking.

First, giving Saoirse another bow when he was to safety. "I'm most grateful for your assistance there, had that flapping continued, misfortune may have befell me."

After the bow of thanks he stood back up and decided to give his own input. "Either way I'm certain you'll find a way to capitalize on it Miss Desrosiers, should most of them l be..similar." He chose his words carefully there not exactly wanting to make it out like a part of the beast branch were all stupid,

"Then I believe even if there are additional difficulties there is also an opportunity for profits to be made..and if there are more sensible sort, then there is opportunity to bargain, perhaps make helpful contacts for later, It wasn't lost on me how you most strategically handled those monks earlier after all..." Ryuuji said with a sound of genuine praise in his voice, to suggest he was impressed.

"You know truthfully that encounter wasn't all too much all unlike some of those less than desirable cubicle workers who I-" He paused for a moment realizing that she probably had no idea what he was talking about. Instead he'd cease talking, before picking back up.

"What I meant was I've had to work along sort like that before..and you find ways to manage..yes."

Shikoba Village
Time: 09:55 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

Saoirse was still fuming a bit from the aftermath of whatever they could call what'd just occurred. “I'm a slaver, not an animal handler.” She commented on Ryuuji's comment that she might find a way to capitalise on the bird-brains. “Even I have my limits.” If anything she started to relate why some gnolls were more than willing to eat other intelligent beings after that particular bird-brain meeting.

The praise regarding her handling of the frogs took her by surprise. “Oh, why, thank you.” She took in, a tad [Prideful] in gaining praise. “Clearly you're clever enough to catch on~”

What he mentioned next confused her. “What are cubicle workers?” She asked, the terminology being entirely unknown to her. On the topic of things being unknown to her, she suddenly remembered another unknown thing. “On the topic of unknowns, what does that trinket of yours do?” She'd yet to hear about it. She.. totally hadn't forgotten about it. Just decided now was a more ideal time. Totally.

As for finding ways to manage, she had to think. “Perhaps, although I dislike working with anyone that seems like they don't have a shred of potential to flourish within them. All they're good for is to serve as training or servants to those that do have flourishing potential.”

She sighed. “Anyhow, let's go find the market square. You can explain as we walk.” She stated, as the group continued to head towards their destination. At the very least there were no more bridges to cross. Hopefully...

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji nodded, of course it was understandable why she wouldn't want to deal with large group of beasts with that intellect but at the same time he did believe what he said was true, wherever one searched there was the potential for opportunity to profit. Granted it wouldn't be too helpful if they weren't bright enough to even make deals with, but nevertheless he wasn't about to argue with Saoirse on that.

"Thank you, I like to do my best to pay attention to what's important." Ryuuji responded with a soft smile, a more positive tone in his voice now. But then there was addressing his misstep in speech, he hoped that his prior positive comment would help to mask how he was really feeling at the moment.

Since Saoirse said he could explain as they walked he would follow along at the pace she chose, staying with the group but probably now walking beside her, as he would touch upon the questions which she asked him.

Ryuuji nodded once again to show he was listening at her comment about disliking to work with those who did not have potential. "Completely understandable Miss Desrosiers, I will admit I was generally not in the position to make decisions like that otherwise I'm certain I would have chosen to follow your preferences."

He paused for a moment before continuing as they walked. Hopefully this market square would prove to yield something useful.

"Well I suppose the best way to address your first question is, first describing what a cubicle is..so it's essentially like a semi-private office to do work in with low walls around the work space so that an overseer can see what the worker is working on, while giving them a bit of privacy while the workers sits to help them better focus on their task, as for the work it might mean making sure that documentation is accurate, or writing up information..whatever the case may be, a cubicle worker is an individual assigned to work in one of those types of office space."

Ryuuji was just glad that the concept of a office was a thing in this world with the administrative and or authoritative types, so hopefully that much was understandable. He didn't really want to get into how there were rows of them or the typical layouts as he figured that level of explanation at least sounded plausible as something which could show up in this world.

Ryuuji was actually a bit surprised himself that the item was being brought up again, at least this time, While he spoke about it Ryuuji lifted it up from his chest and examined it in his hand a bit.

"Ah yes..the item, as I said I would explain it to you whenever you saw fit. According to my appraisal skill the enchanted item is called 'Pandoras' Pendent'. As far as what I've figured out it allows the user to do..is look into the future for ten minutes or so from the perspective of the user, however, I believe this item may have been cursed as well..as from what I've gathered from each use it harms them as well, not in a debilitating way per say..but it's rather unpleasant to say the least. There is no other reason I can ascertain as to why it causes harm as well. Naturally there are benefits to being able to see even ten minutes into the future, and given my skill set, I could probably offset the downside of it's use some..If it meant giving us a tactical advantage of course I wouldn't hesitate to use it should you want me too."

Ryuuji figured that was the best way to explain it and hopefully his loyalty might be seen in a positive light.

Shikoba Village
Time: 10:15 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

“Hmmm... so it's like a collection of small study-rooms in one giant hall, which is monitored directly by a single person?” She had some mixed feelings about that. “It seems like an easy way to control larger numbers, but like a bad way if you'd want to get anyone to make the most out of themselves...” That said, it was an odd concept. “Where in the world did they apply this method of work?” She always assumed Ryuuji was probably just from the Kingdom, or maybe the Duchy, but those places didn't seem like the type to have this type of workplace environment. Not that she knew all that much about those countries to begin with.

As for the item, she was debating its options for a bit. Seeing into the future would be useful. Being harmed by it wasn't ideal. That said, if Melia would wear it, it'd allow her an advantage in combat and Ryuuji could heal her afterwards. Yet would she really even need such an advantage? It might've worked better on a girl like Kiora. In the end, she nodded. “For now, I'll leave using it or not up to your own discretion. Yet should Melia ever require it in battle, I'm expecting you to pass it over and heal her when needed.” That felt like the most logical usage of such an item, for now at least.

As they finally arrived at what seemed to be a small market square, Saoirse nodded. “This seems to be our best option.” There were a few people around. Some other non-flying beasts were peddling wares, like produce and trinkets to some of the harpies. She clicked her tongue. “Starting a stand with 'healing here' might not be idea. I guess our best bet is for you to look for one with an ailment you'd be able to cure and offer to heal it, for a price.” She instructed Ryuuji.

As for Jastira. “We're going to have to be a bit bold.” She pointed at a small stage-like area to the side of the market. “From what I researched, the harpy's have a culture of sharing some of their journeys through story-telling and songs. Anyone can claim the stage, but at the risk of being booed off of it. They won't like seeing a Fae up there, but if you start off with 'On Soaring Wings' and 'Through Greater Skies' you'll likely have pandered enough for them to be willing to listen to you.”

Jastira just nodded in turn. “Of course miss Desrosier.” She stated, as she'd head for the stage. The songs she was asked to sing were some classics among flying beasts, but had garnered some international popularity, so it was likely that they wouldn't feel insulted if an Elf were to sing them. If anything, they might consider it praise, which would help draw them in. That was the hope, at least.

As for Ryuuji's assignment, there weren't a lot of harpy's in visible need of healing. The only one start stood out for now was a younger-looking middle-tier that sounded like she had a nasty cough to her and was breathing heavily.

Ea0uZWj.png

Ryuuji Kamimura
Interaction: Elvario Elvario

“Oh, it was back on that Island community I was telling you about earlier. I think your observations are accurate. They may also use the system it in other places.”

For all he knew somewhere did do something similar or identical somewhere. Afterall if he was brought to this world, who was to say that there weren’t others from his world who hadn’t already tried to implement it? Ryuuji brought that up island again again, the very place that Saoirse had mentioned maybe wanting to visit at some point when he said he had grown up on an island, mostly keeping it vague so that he wasn’t technically lying, since Japan was in fact an Island and where he lived was a community, and he hadn’t specifically said the island was from this world..

Ryuuji gave his owner another low bow.

“Yes Miss Desrosiers, I appreciate you giving me that discretion, It honors me to receive your trust. Your judgment strikes me as logical, Melia could likely benefit from such an advantage in battle, and I’m certain there may be other applications yet, of course my healing abilities should help to offset the downside of the item as you mention, making me feel more confident in its utilization.”

Ryuuji stayed close to the group and gazed around the square trying to strategically access what made sense next. Understanding that Saoirse was likely correct in her assessment bout it being their best option. Indeed it might also not be the most ideal move to simply announce to the world that they were offering healing for sale.

“Very well then I’ll assess the area for possible clients.”

He heard what Jastira was to do and it made sense to Ryuuji as well, that was sort of how some idol groups functioned early on..pop up street performances whether they had a permit or not. Regardless that wasn’t his primary concern at the moment, he was certain Jastira would perform well given her abilities, and if she at least made it seem like she was paying respect to what the Harpies held dear then perhaps she’d make some money yet.

Ryuuji took notice of the younger looking middle tier one if he could and made his way over.

Ryuuji gave a bow her way as he went in front of her, before speaking up,

“Pardon me miss but I couldn’t help but notice it sounded like you have a cough which must feel rather unpleasant, and your breathing sounds more labored than I presume it normally is. I’m here with my Mistress, who can testify that my magical ability to heal should be sufficient to help take away those issues which you’re facing if you were interested.”

He said trying his best to seem friendly and genuine enough, given he knew full well their difference in the social totem pole so to speak.

Shikoba Village
Time: 10:25 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

As Jastira's song, something called 'On Feathered Wings' (as harpy's weren't know for appreciating any more complex analogies) was starting to draw some eyes and ears, Ryuuji spotted a first 'victim' of their planned strategy.

Ea0uZWj.png

“<Huh?>” The Harpy turned, surprised when Ryuuji approached her. “You... ehm...” cough “have... ehm... doctor?” It was clear that between her breathing issues and seemingly incomplete grasp of common, she wasn't fully understanding him.

Meanwhile, Saoirse had moved away a little, seeming to be looking over a notification board on the market square. Perhaps it was a mission board, similar to what adventurer's used. Or perhaps it was just like a newspaper. Either way, she currently seemed to be preoccupied with studying it.

Melia, on the other hand, was struggling to try keeping an eye on all three of them. Saoirse, Jastira and Ryuuji. Although she stuck closer to Saoirse, the prime focus.

Ryuuji Kamimura
Ryuuji kept his main attention on the coughing harpy, depending on his proximity he might have taken notice of what Saoirse was doing and or Jastira, but for now he wanted to hone his attention on the potential client right before him.

Then there was also Melia who Ryuuji at least felt a bit better about having around, he knew that if someone threatened him or Jastira she'd step in, as long as Saoirse was safe first. Being in this type of new environment

Upon hearing her more limited language capabilities, Ryuuji realized it would be really good if he got the ability to understand beastial, That would be a personal goal sooner rather than later that he’d hold personally though granted perhaps he could tell Saoirse he’d like to learn it and perhaps she’d agree and that might rock the boat less depending on what she was hoping for.

“I am slave that can heal. Maybe I make sick go away. You follow me if you are interested in being healed.”

He tried to explain in more basic language and sentences to her, a bit slower and more intentional given his perspective of her ability to comprehend and speak common. Nevertheless during the interaction he tried to stay calm, collected, and respectful, keeping a safe distance to reduce the chance of her feeling pressured by him.

If the Harpy chose to follow he’d gesture and make his way toward Saoirse, otherwise he’d stay put and continue to try to talk to her if she wasn’t convinced yet.

Shikoba Village
Time: 10:35 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Ea0uZWj.png

Although still somewhat confused, the harpy ended up following along with Ryuuji. “Make sick, go, yes.” She'd state, as he'd gotten across that much at the least.

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

The latter was a tad surprised, having hoped Ryuuji would be able to act independently enough. “What's the problem?” She'd ask, wondering what might be going on. “Can she not afford payment or something?” That was her first thought for having Ryuuji bring her over.

Before they could continue, however, they were distracted by a large group of harpy's approaching. Enough for it to be considered an entire flock of them. On the edges were mostly lower-tier harpies, closer to the centre a few middle-tier ones dressed like servants and guards, but in the centre, however, was a figure that made Saoirse step back for a second.

“What... why is...” Saoirse panicked for just a short moment. “Ryuuji, be on your best behaviour.” She quickly told him, with a sense of urgency. She then looked at Melia. “Tell Jastira to stop for now. Both of you try not to stand out.” She quickly instructed.

As the group landed, the woman in the middle stood out even more than before.

Harpy Matriarch
LhjJ8JW.jpeg

As she slowly approached, Ryuuji would see Saoirse display a type of behaviour he'd never seen before, as she made a respectful and surprisingly deep bow towards the woman. “<It is a great honour to meet you, grand matriarch.>”

“<Hm.>” Was all the acknowledgment she gave Saoirse at first. “<What's someone such as yourselves doing all the way here?>” She asked, her tone slightly more curious than accusatory, which was a good sign.

“<We were hear to bring healing and entertainment, ma'am.>”

“<Is that so?>” The Matriarch looked at the Harpy that'd followed Ryuuji. “<By all means, proceed, then.>”

“<Of course ma'am.>” She turned to Ryuuji. “Go ahead.” She stated, a look in her eyes suggesting that discussing payment was definitely not their primary focus right now and that she really hoped he'd be able to deliver with this one.

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji was a bit relieved to see that he had at least gotten that much across to where she was following. If it wasn’t for the fact that her speech abilities in common were so compromised, he could have handled it, but as a result since she seemed like a potential customer who he did not want to lose out on he figured letting Saoirse know so they could discuss payment was the logical move.

When he heard her ask what the problem was he had given her a low bow, and he just opening his mouth to explain a flock of harpies started to roll up, he saw a bunch which were based on different levels of the harpy pecking order so to speak. However when Saoirse told him to be on his best behavior he immediately perked up and nodded. He knew whatever this was it was pretty serious since he had probably detected Saoirse’s surprise..and what was even more was she was bowing in the direction of a central harpy figure herself.

That was the signal for Ryuuji to drop what he was doing and get even lower than Saoirse if possible which pretty much meant he was practically to the ground prostrating himself now toward the Matriarch knowing full well since he was the lowest of the low here it just made sense when someone even higher ranking than his own mistress came along.

Only when Ryuuji got permission to show what he had been doing did he get himself up.

“Yes Miss Desrosiers” He said as he turned to the harpy who he had brought over.

“I’ll help cure your ills as I said I could.” He said as respectfully as he could.

Ryuuji then began to glow at the limbs, the white and black energy appearing on his arms and hands once again, even though he didn’t need to, just to be a bit more showy and convincing he took one step forward and extend his hand outward focusing his healing power on the presumably sick middle tier harpy, a focused look on his face while he attempted to use the ability.

I Swear I'm Just a NPC Healer! - Magic School Hands of Restoration F (Heal F), Magic E, Componentless Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, - Grade E 1 Post cooldown.
Ryuuii heals minor injuries, aches, and pains up to 30 ft away from him, within a 15 ft AOE.

Shikoba Village
Time: 10:35 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Ea0uZWj.png

Upon Ryuuji's efforts, the harpy's breathing got slightly more relaxed and the coughing stopped. Even so, she was looking a bit puzzled. “Hurt less..? Not gone..?” She asked. It seemed like whatever ailment she hadn't wasn't common and simple enough to be fixed with an F-grade healing ability.

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

Upon hearing the results, Saoirse got half a panic attack, quickly trying to remedy the situation. “<My most humble apologies, grand matriarch, he is still learning.>”

Harpy Matriarch
LhjJ8JW.jpeg

The matriarch seemed to debate the situation for a short moment. “<It seems that his magic did have some effect, rather than none at all, so I can at least judge that you're not trying to scam my flock.>” She concluded, even though she didn't sound particularly pleased.

“To offer a cure, but to give but a mere relief.” She stated in common. It was clear she was highly unappeased.

“It was my mistake, grand matriarch. I should have trained him more, before embarking on this mission.” Saoirse stated, hoping to avoid having the grand matriarch damage, or worse, destroy her property.

“<Very well.>” She stated, switching back to beastial. “<It seems one of mine has caused you trouble at the bridge, so I shall ignore this matter as a way to apologise in their behalf.>”

“<Thank you for your kindness, grand matriarch.>” She stated. However, she didn't like the idea of having come here for nothing. “<With all due respect, grand matriarch, it seems some of your flock have taken a long flights. Whilst my slave cannot fully cure a more serious illness yet, I can guarantee he might at least know how to take away the muscle ache from long flights.>”

The matriarch was silent for a short moment. “<Do as you wish, but don't test your luck.>” She eventually stated, before abruptly turning to Jastira. “You. Sing again.”

Jastira Veidi
fAVEBtQ.png

Dd6nhDS.png

It turned out the Matriarch's heightened sense of hearing had already picked up on what Jastira had been doing. Luckily enough, they'd prepared a lot of harpy-pleasing songs, allowing her to have some solid options. Just had to bite through the potential nervous. It didn't take long for her to start singing 'Wings of Grace', an old classic in this area.

As she did, Saoirse had a time to quickly translate to Ryuuji. “Use your magic on as many of the grand matriarch's company as you can.” She stated, feeling like a blanket-healing might be their best way to still impress after a rather sudden and suboptimal first introduction.

Ryuuji Kamimura
Unfortunately for Ryuuji when he attempted his healing magic this time around, it looked like it hadn't been as potent as he had been hoping, his inexperience showing, he really thought he could have handled something he thought might have been a cold or allergy but that was a deal different then aches or pains. He knew he shouldn't have claimed to be able to heal it, but he was presuming he should have been able too from the get go, causing him to clench his fists a bit after he heard her say that it hurt less but was not gone.

Ryuuji was quick to prostrate himself toward the Matriarch first and foremost, to show his apologies. Ryuuji was uncertain if a slave such as himself should even speak to her without being given permission to so. knowing he was the lowest of the low a slave and human, as she might of very well taken offense if he tried to speak to her as Saoirse had been, but this gesture of deep respect and apology was pretty universal in the West Empire, plus Saoirse had spoken for him, so hopefully the prostration of respect would be taken well.

He then deeply bowed apologetically to the middle tier harpy.

"I apologize to you as well allowing my inexperience to show, I miscalculated."

Thankfully it looked like Jastira was doing better than his first impression had been, her perfect pitch feature would hopefully help come in clutch for her ability to put on a good performance.

With the translation from Saoirse he gave her another low bow himself. "Yes Miss Derosiers." For all intensive purposes selling his healing abilities when he had just gotten used to using them at a base level did make this a rather ambitious operation as far as making money went on his end of things, but given what he had been able to do for the group of frogs who had been working out, hopefully this would actually work, as he did the same ability again, this time not doing a dramatic gesture but a more focused serious hand movement.

Ryuuji would target as much of the Grand Matriarch's company as he could with his I Swear I'm Just a NPC Healer! ability, hoping to relieve any manageable aches, pains, from flying or minor injuries he could.

I Swear I'm Just a NPC Healer! - Magic School Hands of Restoration F (Heal F), Magic E, Componentless Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, - Grade E 1 Post cooldown.
Ryuuii heals minor injuries, aches, and pains up to 30 ft away from him, within a 15 ft AOE.

While he felt a bit more concerned and nervous at the current situation as it didn't take a genius to figure out the leader hadn't exactly been too impressed with his first showing, If he could do this much perhaps they still had some business they could partake in their yet, between this and Jastira's singing, even if she was successful that could prove to make the journey worth it for them.

Shikoba Village
Time: 10:50 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Ea0uZWj.png

The harpy, for what it was worth, seemed to be of a much nicer variety than the one they'd spoken too before. As Ryuuji bowed deeply to apology, she'd pad his head with her wing. “Hurt less. Good job.”

As Ryuuji started to work his magic amongst the group of harpies, presumably taking a few more casts to get to each and every one of them, he did hear a few approving sounds coming from the group. Between surprised giggles and the occasional harpy flapping her wings out a bit more at the surprise of no longer having muscle aches.

Harpy Matriarch
LhjJ8JW.jpeg

“I shall admit, this does seem to be a nice welcoming home after our long flight.” The matriarch concluded, upon seeing her flock reinvigorated.

Then she turned to Jastira. “You're nothing like our own songstresses, but it's a worthwhile effort.” She stated, to which Jastira seemed clever enough to simply bow and not try to argue.

She then turned back to Saoirse. “<Very well, I'll allow this operation to continue for a little, but on one condition.>” She took out some money. Not enough to be really impressive, but still enough to be a decent day's worth of earnings. “<This will be all the rewards you're getting. You're not to ask any of my flock or citizens for more. Is that understood?>”

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

Saoirse was quick to bow down, accepting the money from a humble position. “<Of course, thank you for your generosity, Grand Matriarch.>” She stated.

It wasn't long after that the Matriarch took her leave again, flying off to another mountain.

Saoirse visibly relaxed when she was gone. “Bloody hell...” She mumbled. “Of all the people, to run into the Grand Matriarch herself.” She figured she might as well explain. “In terms of caste, she's a gentry like myself, but within that she's sort-off like a mayor of this village. I didn't expect we'd be meeting her like this... but I think that turned out well enough.... We're allowed to continue, but we're not allowed to ask for more compensation than what she handed us.” She clicked her tongue.

“I say we keep going for a little bit to ensure we don't anger her, but that we leave soon.” There wasn't much of value to be gained here, now that they couldn't ask for a high price for healing again.

Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji at the very least got some approval from the mid tier Harpy which he was grateful for, as he was sure that would probably help his case rather than hurt it. He gave her a nod of respect and acknowledgement. "Thank you for your most kind words, I hope to continue to improve."

Ryuuji was also incredibly relieved when his magic was taken well by the Matriarch this time and second most important, by the harpies based on their rather positive sounds of approval from their muscle aches being relieved. What he did know was that he needed to get significantly stronger and generally the faster the better. He knew better than to emote this relief, instead focusing on looking as professional as he could given the circumstances.

Even Jastira got good enough feed back to continue from the Harpy Matriarch, even if it was clear she preferred their harpy songstress(es) which was a no brainer from a racial perspective but to even be told she was actually holding out well enough was somewhat reassuring at the very least.

Unfortunately while it was good they were getting paid, Ryuuji's opportunistic and utilitarian side wanted to kick itself when the Matriarch handed them what only looked like roughly a days labor. With another prostrated respectful bow to the ground toward the Matriarch as she left, Ryuuji got back up when Saoirse addressed him, and his concerns were confirmed when she said that they weren't allowed to ask for any more money, making the troubles of this trip less appealing to have had to have gone through to say the least. Saoirse did have a point even with Ryuuji's negative thoughts boiling up, there was the bright side that they weren't put onto the Matriarch's dislike list at the very least from the sounds of things as she let them continue to operate. This would mean they'd have an opportunity to come back when they were more prepared no doubt.

He gave her another low bow when he apologized.

"My sincerest apologies Miss Desrosiers While I've been able to fix my magical abilities, truthfully I thought i was farther along than that, it's clear I'll need to work much harder at improving if the best I can deal with is the more mundane at the moment.."

He also spoke a bit more softly at the latter part, "I'm inclined to agree, stay a bit longer, continue our work so that it's clear we mean why we're here..and there will be more opportunities on the horizon I'm sure, and it doesn't hurt that Jastira is performing rather well..."

With that Ryuuji was ready to do whatever else Saoirse deemed fit.

Shikoba Village
Time: 10:50 Weather: Windy
VVqiStZ.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

sxm1iE6.jpg

“Don't worry, I've underestimated what it might take to get things done and neither of us could've expected the Matriarch herself to show up, all all people.” She replied to Ryuuji. Frustrated as she was, she'd take this loss in stride and figure out how to proceed next.

As they'd continue for a bit, they eventually found a good moment to slip away again. Whilst Jastira had been fairly successful, having caught the attention of some of the harpies for a fair while, the rest of them hadn't had such luck. Then again, there was always a next day and a next plan. At least they'd been able to maintain a somewhat decent imagine with the Grand Matriarch and most of her flock.

The End

Note to grader: The 'Jastira' companion was from an RP prior to this, which we hoped would've been graded by the time this ends. Considering I'm planning to buy her as a companion with points if she's not accepted as a narrator bonus on that one, she was featured here despite not being on the sheet yet.

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Ryuuji Kamimura
Title: [Avian Ache Reliever] – Character made a name for themselves by soothing the muscle aches of large amounts of avian or avian-like characters.
Skill: [Language – Beastial] (7 points) – For having been around in beast dominated lands long enough to start picking up their language.

Isekai Hell Grade

Afterward
The group has successfully been welcomed(?) into the harpy village. Though they had originally intended to come to heal and entertain the village. Though the actions at the bridge hadn't deterred, though Saoirse's insults may have been looked over, the harpy in question will remember what was said. Though the group had done what they arrived to do, the lackluster show of healing didn't impress the Matriarch, and there still remains tension and being watched to some regard until the matriarch feels fully confident in their abilities.

Rewards:
Saoirse- 28 Points

Ryuuji- 19 Points
Acquired Optional Title: [Avian Ache Reliever] – Character made a name for themselves by soothing the muscle aches of large amounts of avian or avian-like characters.
Acquired Optional skill [Language – Beastial] ( add 7 points spent and earned if taken) – For having been around in beast-dominated lands long enough to start picking up their language.

mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back