• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sherwood Shores II: Where Everyone Is The Hero Of Their Own Story

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Christina, The Good Knight
Balloons... cars... this world was strange. As she turned the corner, she continued to see strange things that she felt like she'd never understand. She didn't even know where to begin with this stuff. Why were there so many different types of cars? What were balloons made of? How did they float like that? This world was going to drive her mad, she knew that much.

Finally, she saw the library. It was a fairly large building that looked like many others here: painted walls, a large flat expanse full of 'cars,' people coming in and out... she felt like this would be something she could finally understand.

"So this would be the library?" She asked him, then thought for a moment. "By the way sir, what would you like me to call you?"

L3n L3n

Katie Cutter
She did not like this kid. Not at all.

"Is she joking?" Coal asked in what seemed like would be his usual manner and attitude.

"She has yet to be informed of certain details," Ross answered. Ross was okay. A little cold mannered, but that was standard employer procedure. Katie got used to it, and she'd find it more disturbing if this woman was laughing all the time and cracking jokes.

"You mean the important details?" one of them said in a very snarky way.

"She's not exactly on my payroll." Ross crossed her arms. "We still have yet to go over a few things. That's if she still wants the job."

Katie mostly tuned out their ensuing argument. She could tell that this Coal kid was far too overconfident. Part of Katie wanted to beat the shit out of him to bring him down a peg or two. The other part just wanted to put up with him for a little while.

"The job is yours if you want it," Katie heard from Ross, who was clearly done dealing with her son's bullshit for one day.

Katie slowly nodded. "I'll take it. As long as you're not too stingy we should be able to work something out." Then Katie leaned closer to Ross and whispered, "Just a warning, this isn't gonna be pretty. If this kid isn't going to lose his head, I'm going to need to pull it out of his ass." Then, Katie turned back towards Coal.

"So how many assassins have you met boy?" All of a sudden, Katie felt like a drill sergeant. But she really didn't care all that much.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Ross seemed very pleased when Katie mentioned she would take the job, but her second comment made the older woman pause. These were indeed her children, that's how Ross saw it... But she could not over look the fact that through all her years in this world.... This had to be the most amusing generation she had ever seen... or heard. A bit of Ross' older self came out as she placed a hand to her lips as she held back a laugh. "It amazes me how much alike the both of you are." Ross motioned to Katie and Coal.

She muffled her laugh as Coal got up from his seat on the couch. He looked to Ross slowly shaking his head. Baffled that she would even in the slightest side with anything Katie did or saw. Coal focused his eyes at Ross, only to turn to Katie when she opened her mouth again. This time she held a very demanding tone. Coal ran his tongue over his back molar, rolling his eyes at this. "This is bull shit." Coal pointed to both Ross and Katie.

Coal started to head for the exit as Ross watched.

The room fell quiet only for Edith to speak up... and even when she did speak, her voice was soft and adorable. "Does this mean I have to have a body guard too?" She asked looking to Nora. Nora shook her head head and pinched Edith's checks. "You're too cute." She told her. "Anyone that tries to hurt you is heartless." Nora added.

Ross sighed a a bit. Her reaction to this seemed more like a routine than anything. Ross casually looked to Katie and the rest of the room. "I'll give you a bonus if you can keep him inside the building." Ross told Katie.

At those words all eyes turned to Katie.... "This will be interesting." Rem hushed as he took a sip of his drink.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Katie must have been going insane, because she did not expect Ross to start laughing.

The woman cloaked it well, but Katie noticed. Ross was very much amused by this situation, that much was obvious. "It amazes me how much alike the both of you are," she laughed. Somehow, this comment infuriated Katie. And it seemed to do the same for Coal, who was immediately standing upright and glaring daggers at the both of them. Katie kept his gaze. She'd seen sharper.

"This is bullshit." He said this to the both of them, pointing towards both Katie and Ross. And then, he simply left the room.

"Does this mean I have to have a body guard too?" One of the girls said, a cute little raven with black hair. Another one, with red hair and a considerably more punk look about her, smiled and pinched the raven's cheeks. "You're too cute. Anyone that tries to hurt you is heartless." Well, Katie couldn't argue with that.

"I'll give you a bonus if you can keep him inside the building," Ross said to Katie. Katie nodded, and ignored the gazes she was getting from the other teenagers. She wanted to avoid them getting injured too, but that was admittedly lower priority, especially since they seemed at least slightly more willing to cooperate. "That'll take some luck," Katie muttered towards Ross.

Katie started to walk towards the door, before seeing a spare deck of cards on their gambling table. "I'm going to borrow this," she said, picking it up and putting it in her pocket. Then, she began to follow Coal. She didn't hide this action or pretend she was doing otherwise. Instead, she just walked towards him, matching his pace to avoid falling behind.

Coal glanced over his shoulder back at Katie as she followed him. Rolling his eyes and shaking his head lightly he pulled out his phone as he continued to walk. scrolling over a few things Coal couldn't help but feel annoyed over this. It was just two guys and it wasn't even that bad. But Ross was making it so. Coal reached the elevator and got in, he didn't stop Katie from following him, but he wasn't going it be hanging around here for very much longer. If he was going to have to put up with a body guard, he needed some fresh air and some time to think.

As they reached the lower level where the garage was, he stepped out of the elevator and headed for the back exit of the building. Normally going through the garage was how they would get in and out without being seen really, there were other ways to leave, but once leaving through those doors, it also meant that one could not get back in... Unless you had super powers. Coal for instance could change the metal doors to get back in if he wanted to. Others... Their powers would be a bit more destructive than his.

As he went for the door, he still couldn't believe Ross actually got him a bodyguard. This was not what he signed up for and if this girl started to bark orders at him.... Well then they would have a problem.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

He let a comfortable silence lay upon them for awhile. It wasn't awkward to him, it was actually relaxing to be able to be quiet with someone. He took time to notice all the little cracks on the side walk, and the people they walked you eyed the weird pair. A girl decked in armor, a tall male dressed in female clothes, it was quite the sight. He had a small smile on his face at the thought. For some reason he liked the weird looks they got. Maybe it was that he liked that he wasn't bothered by the staring.

He looked down at the girl as she pointed out the library. Yeah he would've kept walking and passed it if she didn't notice it for him. "Yeah, we found it faster than I thought we would,"he was quite proud of himself. He thought they would be searching for an hour or two thanks to his clumsy memory. When the girl asked what he should call him he thought back to the large bag of dog food on his apartment floor. "Call me Naku,"he smiled. It still felt foreign in his mouth like it wasn't right but it would due for now. What better could he do when he had no form of identification on his being when he woke up. He headed to the large doors of the building before opening it and standing to the side to hold it for the lady. "I don't remember if you introduced yourself, so could I catch your name as well?"

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Katie Cutter
Katie Cutter was quite content to follow him through his base. There were a lot of things to see in it, and she gave each room some examination before they reached the next one. Eventually however, they reached a backdoor in a mostly empty garage, and Coal went to open it. With a sigh, Katie stepped in front of the door before he could touch the handle.

"I know I won't be able to stop you," she started, "without hurting you worse than the assassins. But I also can't walk out wearing..." she motioned towards her crop top, sword sheaths, and grenade belt. "This. So at least give me a moment to change."

The man took a moment of thought before answering. This seemed silly to Christina. After all, how much thought did he need to put into his own name? This land had the strangest of customs.

"Call me Naku," he answered with a smile. He started heading towards the doors before speaking again. "I don't remember if you introduced yourself, so could I catch your name as well?"

"You may call me Christina," she said, returning the smile. "Now where is this Internet? I only see one building here."

L3n L3n

Last edited:
Coal paused and felt a tad bit confused to her first set of words... when did the assassins hurt him? Coal wondered... On a second note, what really made her think that she could stop him?

Coal rose a brow as he looked to what she was wearing, a smirk graced his lips as he nodded. "Sure." He crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned his back against the wall. "Go change, I'll wait right here." Sarcasm dripped of every word. He would let her run off and change, but as soon as she was gone, so would be Coal of course.

Coal kept his eyes on her as he waited for her to run off and change. He knew Ross meant well when hiring a bodyguard for him. But she really had t have a good reason for her to hire one that literally walked around with swords and grenades across her chest. Coal gave Katie a good look over. In that gut-up, yeah she would really stand out, and that was something hard to do in the city.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Naku nodded at the others name. He liked the name Christina, it was fun to pronounce. He couldn't help but snort at the girls question. He covered his mouth as he tried not to laugh out loud, but little chuckles escaped anyways. "Ah well you see,"he started but struggled to continue. He took a few deep breathes and reminded himself that it was rude to laugh at others expense.

"The internet isn't a building"he explained. "It's a place you can reach through phones and computers,"he brought up the word he taught her about. "You can ask it questions and find relevant information,"he thought he should add in why people use the internet in the first place. "They should have computers inside,"he notified. Libraries nowadays normally had a lot of technology.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

And suddenly, Naku was struggling not to laugh.

Christina couldn't help but feel like that was her fault somehow. Had she said something ridiculous? After all, she was quickly learning that this world was full of mysterious things. She gave him a somewhat grumpy look, one that was more a symptom of having everything she'd ever known change in a day than actual anger.

"The internet isn't a building," he began after fulling snuffing out his amusement, "It's a place you can reach through phones and computers." Not one word. Not one word of what you said made sense. Okay, so if it wasn't a building, what kind of place was it? Were 'phones' and 'computers' like keys to the Internet castle, allowing you to access this place?

"You can ask it questions and find relevant information," he continued, "They should have computers inside." Christina nodded in such a way that it looked like she understood at least three of the words he said. It sounded like a library... within a library... that was a place, but not a building... but it had... locks?

That makes no sense. None whatsoever.

"You'll have to show me I suppose," she stated as she began to walk towards the building. "I feel like this Internet is one of those wonders of the world you must see to believe."

L3n L3n

Katie Cutter
"Sure. Go change, I'll wait right here."

Maybe it was his sarcastic tone. Maybe it was because in the ten minutes she'd known him, he'd actively resisted everything she did. Or maybe it was just her instincts. But in that moment, she knew for a fact that he was lying.

Katie gave him a long, hard look, and he seemed to be examining her himself. Everything about this kid drove Katie insane. Like he was a walking, talking, symbol of defiance and pettiness. Katie's eyes narrowed.

"On second thought," she said, "I think I'll just put on a jacket and hang up my weapons somewhere." The cargo pants weren't too unusual after all, they wouldn't really stand out here. She took off her backpack and began digging through it, pulling out a green hoodie with two daggers hidden inside of it.

Coal watched Katie as she changed her mind about changing. In all sense, he found this a little amusing.He crossed his arms and leaned his shoulder on wall. He rose a brow as she started to reveal more weapons on her. This actually mad him start to wonder what kind of bodyguard did Ross actually hire. He had never seen her here before and she didn't seem use to the building at all. Not to mention the armory of weapons she carried was just insane.

What kind of person walks around with that much ammo?

Coal tilted his head as he felt a bit bad for her to carry all of that around. "There's a locker over here." He muttered with a hint of annoyance. It was so much towards her, more towards himself as he was questioning why he was even helping her.

He lead her over to a small area in the garage where three guards were standing about talking to one another. One snapped his attention right towards Coal as he walked over to them. "Do you need a car today Mr. Naverick?" The man asked. Coal slowly nodded, "And a locker..." He motioned back to Katie. "Possible we could shove her in there.." Coal was quick to take back his sassy words. "I'm joking." He stated as he noticed the shocked and confused looks he got from the guards. "Just a car and a locker." He told them.

They nodded as one ran off to get one of the cars, while another opened a door to another room that had a bunch of lockers lining the walls in it. All sizes for all sorts of things.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Coal seemed somewhat alarmed by the amount of weapons she had.

That was fair, after all. Had Ross told him that the bodyguard she was getting him was a high profile assassin? It seemed like a good thing to mention.

"There's a locker over there," he muttered with a tone of annoyance. Yeah, still annoyance. Guess he doesn't want me to waste his time.

She got straight to work unpacking as three guards came in. She hung up her swords in a locker and hid a grenade in the hoodie, although she didn't need to worry about running out once she had at least one in there. She put a pistol inside the hoodie as well and the deck of cards in a front pocket. That would make a good and potentially lethal decoy in a pinch.

While Katie was mostly tuning them out, she was paying just enough attention to hear him say that he wanted to shove her in a locker. He was quick to take this comment back, but it still existed, and Katie still wanted to stab him with a king of spades.

When she had her hoodie on and weapons managed, she moved towards Coal and stared him in the eyes. "I think I look inconspicuous enough to stab anyone that fucks with you," she said blankly. Then, after a moment of thought, she added, "By the way, your Mom told you I'm an assassin, right?"

Lycaon
The Previous Night

The streets were mostly empty at this time of night save for the occasional late night straggler, and it was mostly dark illuminated by the street lights that were patterned across the streets in a well thought out way that honestly rubbed the man staggering down the dark streets the wrong way. He wasn't carrying much, only the clothes on his back and a sword sheathed in a scabbard. His eyes were sunken as he took a turn to the edge of town, he eventually pushed his way into a house that was in disrepair and to the average passerby would be more eyesore than dwelling but most shared a similar idea of the man who lived in it. He took a few steps into the house and began to lay down in the bed after removing the scabbard from his waist and laying it against his bedside. He stared into space for a few seconds, hesitating to actually lay down and face the phantoms that haunt his dreams but eventually he did.

He lay on his back closing his eyes as sleep came all too quickly. He found himself standing in a ruined castle, vines grew down its sides and there were bloodied corpses, and broken weapons strewn around the floor. A woman stood before him, one who was painfully familiar. "Hello Lycaon" she said. He walked up to her and the two sat down on a throne. This was one of the more painless dreams, though it still hurt to see his queen again. "Hello Lupa...."

The next day

Lycaon was in the city simply wandering around, trying to find something to do with his time. Wolfsbaen was sheathed in its scabbard on his waist which got the former King a bit of attention which he was honestly used to it was only those tourists that frequented the town who still gave him expectant looks. As if they expected Lycaon to unsheathe the sword and start waving it around and deliver some ultimatum. Once Lycaon uncorked the flask on his hip and took a swig of it that got them to look away, as if they'd never seen someone drink before. Lycaon honestly almost laughed, as he moved through the streets Lycaon's eyes roved from side to side as his nose began to get scents around him until a hand grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into an alley.

It was one guy holding a handgun pointed at Lycaon's chest. "That sword's gotta be pawnworthy" said the mugger. Lycaon sighed, "you make your money by grabbing people of the street and pawning their stuff, that's kind of pathetic" said Lycaon which pissed off the mugger who pulled the trigger. Not much happened Lycaon just kept looking at him and a minute later he walked out of the alley, leaving the mugger bruised, and barely alive. "Well that was something" he said as he walked. Causing people to step out of the way when they saw a hole in his shirt covered in blood. Of course the wound had already healed but Lycaon had no interest letting people know that, they got out of his way, and that was good enough.

Kayden King, Varanus
He stood at the front door of a medium sized house. Boxes were strewn about like discarded trash, which they were. He took a moment in. "Moving into a new home," he thought, "Can't wait for what's next." He twisted the door handle, entering what could only be described as a hodge-podge of furniture, cardboard boxes, discarded Chinese takeout boxes, and other appliances. Although, one spot of the house had obviously had more care into it.

He walked into the room, a warm smile on his face. Perpendicular to him was a large enclosure encased in acrylic. A mixed substrate of sand, dirt, and small woodchips blanketed the long forgotten concrete floor, several branches of driftwood decorated the walls and floor, and a few green plants painted the rest of the scene. But, the most spectacular thing within where the two dragons within. A pair of black-throated monitors. Both, around seven feet in length and sixty pounds, true goliaths of the reptilian world. Parallel to the enclosure, which itself took up 1/2 of the ten meter-square room, rested a tray of assorted food, which ranged from rodents, birds, freshwater mollusks, and crustaceans.

Falkor, an albino monitor, and Jabberwock, an exceptionally large monitor, patrolled the interior of the enclosure, but when Kayden entered the room, started to scratch at the acrylic sliding door that granted their access of the rest of the house. "Are you guys ready for a walk? Huh?" Kayden asked playfully. He slid open the door, and, with the lizards latching onto his arm, took them out of their enclosure. He grabbed two leashes from a hook next to the door, and strapped them to the lizards. Before they went outside though, he smothered Falkor with Aloe Vera to protect them from the sun. After Falkor had been appropriately covered, they went outside, and began to walk with lizards at heel.

Last edited:
faye barnes, candlewick
Faye paced around furiously, her breath turning in short gasps. She ran her hand through her hair, breath getting louder. Her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest. The fuck did I just do? I'm a good person! I refuse to believe anything else! A scream escaped her lips, a scream filled with terror even though she was the captor and not the hostage. I might as well die, she thought hysterically. Muffled yelps aroused behind her, and she turned to see her hostage struggling against the tight bonds.

She tried her best to smile, her heart still beating too fast than it should. "I need you to be quiet, alright?" Though she tried to sound calm, her voice hitched at the end and she cringed. Faye never lashed out or directly hurt anyone, and she had no clue of how to go about something like this. She dashed out of her apartment, deadbolting the door before sliding down against it on the other side. In her moment of peril her mind slowed and all she could think of was a shady church down the road she had heard of. Nearly running outside, she tried to keep an even pace as pedestrians stared at her.

While she tried to mask her panic Faye was sure it was still evident, and in her rush to leave she hadn't had time to change from her soaking dress. She continued on, trying to steady her breaths. As she reached the church, she quietly walked in before glancing around and announcing, "I messed up."

Kloudy Kloudy

Zarana peeked out from inside an alley. She had been hiding around the city after escaping from her last 'home'. Ready for a fresh start, she had bought new clothes and washed herself completely. Thrice. Stepping out of the alley, floating slightly above the ground, she headed towards the building straight ahead of her; the library. Zara had decided that if she were to start fresh and be self-reliant and avoid situations from her past, she would have to get herself a job and her own place.

Entering the library she looked around for a few seconds before finding a free computer. She sat down and made an account so she could start typing up resumes and such. She needed a job soon if she wanted to stay out of trouble. Relying on people? Can't do that anymore. Zara tunes out the rest of the world and sets off to work.

Lycaon
Lycaon continued down the street taking a nice long sniff of that horrible city air that all these idiots seemed to love. He was slightly aware of Wolfsbaen thumping against his hip as he moved but the former king ignored that like he ignored the occasional yelp when his 'wound' was discovered by some new passerby. He actually yawned as he waltzed past the public library for a few moments he considered going in and finding something to read, then he remembered Twilight existed and that all human literature deserved to be burned for all the shots fired at his race in that book. He growled at his bit of anger and continued to amble down the street, considering all the things there were to do. Maybe command a few dogs to freak people out, nah. He sort of considered heading off to the museum but then remembered that most historians had a tendency to get all the facts wrong. He grunted in some half-assed way of showing his boredom, then a little something caught his eye, it looked like some man was off walking his pets. Only instead of dogs this man had a pair of huge lizards. That did look a bit interesting, of course Lycaon had been alive for some eight hundred years so he had seen someone walk a lizard before. Humans would keep anything as a pet so long as it didn't bite their head off after all. It was still worth noting at the back of Lycaon's head as he passed by still juggling what he should do with his day.

Mentioned: GolemGuy GolemGuy

Kayden King, Varanus
Interaction(s) : Yahhah Yahhah
Kayden continued down the sidewalk, Falkor and Jabberwock had started to walk in front of him, sniffing the surrounding air. Their forked tongues flicked in and out of their mouths, simultaneously tasting the air. Kayden spied the library in the distance, perhaps he could find a nice book within. He took a stop for a moment, but the two monitors in front urged to go on, and as such, so did Kayden. While continuing on his walk, he saw some man up front look at him. As Kayden was new, he didn't know what to expect from Sherwood. He trotted up towards the man, and held out his hand to shake. "Hey there, name's Kayden, nice to meet you."

Lycaon
Lycaon was quite honestly caught by surprise, he hadn't expected the man to run up and begin a greeting when he'd been noticed studying the scaly beasts that were tailing him. He hesitated for a moment, damn it'd been a long time since he'd had an actual conversation. Mostly for lack of trying, the customary thing to do was shake the man's hand and introduce himself in kind, but Lycaon didn't really want to give out his own name, he didn't really tell people he was named Lycaon. Mostly because it didn't sound human. He needed to think of a human sounding name, but what did they call themselves... "Nice to meet ya Kayden, name's" he waited for a minute then made a sigh and internally said fuck it. "Lycaon" he said. The werewolf glanced at the animals following the human around, "Interesting pets" he said.

Mentions: GolemGuy GolemGuy

Coal looked to Katie and squinted his eyes a bit at her comment. "First off, Ross is not my mom." Coal pointed out as the car pulled up to them. "Second..." He motioned to the dull expression on his face, "Does it look like I care?" he asked before getting into the black car.

Coal turned to his phone, locking his eyes on the screen. "East and 5th." Coal stated once the driver was in his seat. Coal shifted his eyes over to Katie once the car started to move. He looked back to his phone as he lightly shook his head. He still didn't think that he needed a body guard. Ross was over reacting over nothing.

"I'm sure that you've been on a few stake outs." Coal rolled his tongue over his back molar. "Have you done any work with the facilities capturing people with powers?" he asked. He was pretty sure that Katie had probably seen her fair share of the darker side of justice, but had she seen any of these facilities. He was unaware of Katie's past or even how she had come to know about them. It didn't even cross his mind that she once was a subject. Either way, where they were heading to was something of a rumor more than a lead. A strong rumor that people, mostly people like himself were going missing. A church of all places. He had been wanting to check this place out for a while now, but Ross seemed to have other plans on her agenda. She had her eyes locked on another facility... One where no one came out of.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

"First off, Ross is not my Mom." This smelled very strongly of bullshit. Even if she wasn't his biological mother, she seemed to have guardianship over them at the very least. "Second... do I look like I care?" A very purposely bored look was on his case as he said this, and Katie couldn't help but glare at him slightly as he moved into a black van.

Katie wondered briefly where people like Ross got all these black vans. Did they buy them in bulk from some company? Was there someone who's power was creating black vans en masse? ...did they make these vans?

"East and 5th," Coal said, and the van began to move. She stared out the car's window, but watched Coal in the window's reflection. So she could watch him without him realizing. Perhaps she didn't need to do something so pointless. But she felt like it.

"I'm sure that you've been on a few stake outs," he finally started. "Have you done any work with the facilities capturing people with powers?" Katie didn't take her eyes off the window and waited a moment before answering.

"A few times." She replied. "Been in one before. Rather dingy. Grey and boring." She idly spun an Ace Of Spades in her hand as she spoke, using her power on it and deactivating it again. Whenever she used Power Slice on it, the card seemed to get shinier and stiffer. She smiled to herself. So it does work that way. Perfect.

Kayden King, Varanus
"Lycaon..." he took a second, rolling the name off his tongue. "...interesting name. Is it Swedish? German? Dutch? Icelandic?" He acknowledged the second comment from Lycaon, addressing his lizards. "Beauties, aren't they? Black-throated monitors, imported from Africa." He picked up the white lizard, Falkor. There was a definite sign of strain in Kayden as he picked up the large reptile. "This one is Falkor, they're an albino, much more care than Jabberwock..." he motioned a hand towards the other lizard. He set down Falkor. "So... how's life treating ya?" He asked, in a desperate attempt to generate some small talk.

Lycaon
Lycaon felt incredibly dumb for using his real name and not throwing up some human bullshit, but he took a minute to think about how to answer that question. It was a Lycaian name but he wasn't about to say that and he had no clue where Lycaia would even be on a human map, not when they changed the names of places all the time as you couldn't just call they just call it Uppsala instead of like Sweden, or Romania or some other thing Lycaon had trouble pronouncing. So for that question he threw out an untruth. "Dutch" he said. Lycaon also noted exactly how much this man seemed to treasure his reptiles, Lycaon himself had never had a pet. It just wasn't something Lycans did. Africa was under Europe, right? Lycaon didn't really know he'd never needed to go there before, and then the man asked him how his day was going. Lycaon didn't care for that question, most days for Lycaon were either exactly the same or particularly shitty. "As good as it can be" he said. "How long have you been around here" asked Lycaon.

Mentions: GolemGuy GolemGuy

Kayden King, Varanus

"Oh, I just got here a couple days ago, still working on moving in." Kayden paused for a moment. "It's been hard, I uh, I left my family in New Zealand for Harvard in Massachusettes, and moved here shortly after..." His voice trailed off into a slightly melancholic tone. After a while, he worked back up his normally bubbly attitude. "But, I'm hoping I can branch out, ya know? Make some friends, settle myself in, and build up a new life here." He smiled warmly. "But, that's me, what about you?" Kayden inquired. For a second, he breathed in and out, and rocked on his heals.

After Zarana finished in the library, she decided to take a break and go for a walk. She stared at the sky as she walked down the streets, closer to the road. She had to find shelter for the night, or at least somewhere that was safe-ish. Damn, kinda wish I had someone to go home to... Or a home ya know lol xd wow i need a life. It'll be fine, tomorrow I'll get ready to get a job or something. I'm desperate... As she finally turned a corner and found a somewhat clean alley, she decided to sit right by the exit just in case somebody else was in there.

Lycaon
Lycaon had no idea what the man was talking about, what the hell was a Harvard, and he didn't know of any place called New Zealand but spending six hundred years doing nothing but drinking and wallowing in self loathing didn't really help Lycaon get up to date on current events. Damn, he needed to read one of those..... Newspapers that was it. Did they even still use those? He got a little sentimental when the younger man mentioned leaving his family, the werewolf recovered his composure before his slight bit of emotion could be picked up. There was nothing similar about their two situations. Especially not enough to get Lycaon to shed a tear over memories. "Been here a couple years, people are nice enough but this place is filled with super powered nuts who wreck stuff all the time. Terrible for the real estate business but good for tourism so, silver lining I guess". He looked off for a minute, "I guess you moved to see some super action, most people do. Then they realize how unfun it is when the first fight goes down" he said.

GolemGuy GolemGuy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back