• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ShatteredFox - Mobius

We can just go right into roleplaying :) .Should we post the general info about our characters?I'd prefer to develop history/personality in the RP,though.I feel I always RP better with free rein.

Sure :) .Now I'm on my iPod so I'll have to link you to where you can see her picture xD .Then I'll edit it when I'm on my computer again so the picture is in the post.

(( Haha you accidently posted in the character sign-up. ))

Robert was unusually happy today. He was promoted to be part of the elite knights, had gotten a bigger and better home, and was on his way to collect his own slave. Just to help clean up around his new home. He arrived in time to see a girl with black hair on stage. She was quite pretty. He noticed red marks on her arms, probably from the men grabbing at her. The bid started at 100$, and everyone seemed to be going crazy over the young woman. He grinned. This was going to be interesting.

"I will pay 500 for that girl!" one man shouted. "I bid 550!" another said. Robert held up his cash confidently. "5,000!" he shouted. Everyone remained quiet and stared. "Would anyone here like to top me? No? I guess I get the girl then, sir!" he shouted. Robert walked through the crowd and stood up in front, looking at the girl admirably. It was obvious he seemed to like flaunting his cash. He watched as two men then grabbed the girl and carried her to him. "Hello." he said. He then turned back to the autioneer and handed him the cash.

(Well,that's embarrassing xD .Sorry!Want me to post it over here,too? xD )

Marley watched the bidders as they called out bids for her.This was horrible.She was a human just like them!How could this be legal?All to make a buck...it made her sick and she wished she could have lost what little they fed her right onto the stage to spite them.It would have been enjoyable even if throwing up wasn't a great experience.The bids kept going up and up and,with a glance at the auctioneer,she could tell he was enjoying every minute of it.Then somebody with a big enough ego to flash it out to the world bid a whopping $5,000 on her.$5,000!Her eyes widened and she looked in the bidders direction.She tried to decipher the man as she listened to the auctioneer give the "going once,going twice,sold!" in probably the most ecstatic voice she had heard since being captured.

The auctioneer couldn't wait to take the money and he practically ripped it away from the winner.He passed him the owner's deed for him to sign and also the key to her chains."Sign that and she's yours," he said as he counted the money,another auctioneer coming up to take over for a while to give him a break.The man working the stage shoved Marley towards her buyer and she stumbled into him,almost falling if it wasn't for the collision with the guy who bought her."Lousy,good for nothing,blasted..." She muttered as she attempted to get her footing again,not thinking of how her master would take her practically slamming into him.

Robert gladly signed the papers and took the keys from the auctioneers hands. He was feeling quite excited.He looked down at the girl's shackles and decided to unlock them. But he kept the ones on her wrist on, just in case. "So, what is your name?" he asked her kindly. He didn't intend on abusing his slave, ever, unlike most people who used their slaves for whatever they pleased. Though there would be small punishments if she ever did anything wrong. Why was he thinking about this already? He just got her. He supposed he was just nervous. But why? It was normal to have a slave.

He dismissed the idea and came back to reality. He then lightly tapped her on the shoulder and began walking towards what would be her new home.

Marley felt a wave of relief rush over her when the collision didn't provoke any sort of anger from him.She looked him up and down quickly,trying to get an idea of what he might be like just from his appearance.When he undid the shackles around her ankles,she sighed softly,glad to finally be rid of them.They had been attached since she was captured,which even though it was only a few days,felt like forever.Then he asked what her name was and she hesitated a minute before replying quietly,"Marley." Then she looked him up and down one more time,waiting for a reaction,if any,to her answer.She thought about asking what his name was,but figured it might be overstepping her boundaries and she didn't want to do that yet.

When he tapped Marley on her shoulder and started to walk away,she hesitated once again and glanced down at her bound wrists.Should she resist or go along for it?Deciding she would wait and see how he was,she started to walk after him,her eyes on the dusty ground.As she walked,she began to get lost in her thoughts.What was he like?Would he be kind or cruel?She expected the latter,but she would gladly accept the former.

"Marley. That's... cute." he said, little hesitant to even mutter the words 'cute.' Robert found it to be not so manly. He figured that his new slave would be shy and quiet for a short time until she was used to him. "Um, have you've been... sold.. before? Any experience being a slave?" he asked her. His home was separate from the village, so he would have to either take a carriage or walk the whole way. He preferred the carriage. While waiting for her response, he approached a man standing beside a horse attached to a cart. It would have to do. He then gave him some cash and took Marley's hand and lead her into the cart, then stepped in himself.

It would probably take 20 minutes to reach his home, enough time to get to know a little bit about Marley.

Marley immediately figured that the hesitation in his statement about her name meant that he was just saying it and didn't mean it.Aside from a roll of her eyes which she knew he couldn't see,she did nothing about it.At his next question,she felt no need for hesitating and she answered quickly with a solid,"No." After,she looked up at the back of his head for a quick moment before looking back down at the chains that clanged every so often.She hoped that he would eventually take them off as well.Mainly because they were uncomfortable and rubbing against her skin,but also because they would make work much more difficult.The length of the chain allowed for only so much movement.When he went over to a man with a cart,she raised an eyebrow curiously.How far did they have to travel to get to where he was taking her?The cart didn't look to comfortable,but since she was limping and each step on her injured ankle sent a painful jolt up her entire leg.An uncomfortable ride in a cart seemed better than seeing stars.

At his taking her hand,Marley instantly wanted to pull it back and glare at him,but she knew better and getting on his bad side so early would only end up being worse for her in the end.She heard how most slaves were treated and she didn't want to go through that.It was painful enough to be considered and treated like somebody's property,let alone be beaten and worse because of it.She heard these people got creative and she didn't want to find out the reaches of this guy's imagination.So she got in the cart without any objection and she sat with her legs pulled up like she had before she was sold at the auction,just with her foot adjusted a bit to take some pressure off of her mangled ankle.Her eyes watched the world outside of the cart,becoming lost in her thoughts again.

Robert looked back at the village they were leaving and could just barely see the auction he bought Marley at. Now, a scrawny man stood there as a new auctioneer called out prices. "Oh, I never told you my name. I'm Robert Quinn. But, to you that is Master Robert." he said. He made sure not to sound too demanding, he didn't want to intimidate or scare Marley on the first day he got her. "And I will provide you with proper clothing. Wouldn't want you going about in rags." he told her. "And I'll take off the chains to your hands once we reach my home. I would take them off now, but I have to be careful. No offense but I can't exactly trust you just yet, I'm sure you understand."

Marley wouldn't have too many chores. There would just be cleaning, washing clothing, and, if she could, make dinner. Unfortunately, Robert would not be home until 11 at night, and have to go back at 9 every morning. But he would tell her all this and the rules once they reached his home. After what seemed like an hour, they finally neared his home. He smiled and looked back at Marley. "Welcome home." he said.

OB-YK788_x1hodn_H_20130805102210.jpg

Marley listened to what he said,but she continued to look straight ahead.Master Robert,huh?Makes him sound oh so high and mighty, she thought sneeringly,but all she did was give a slow nod.She would keep his rules,at least for a while,until she got a feel for the situation.Rarely did a slave manage to get free again,but that didn't mean there wasn't a bit of hope inside of her that she might manage to get her freedom back.Once she decided that,he was on the part about the shackles.She gave a shrug,able to see it from his point of view even if she'd rather him not be cautious and release her from the uncomfortable things."Understandable..." She muttered quietly as she adjusted her gaze down to her feet.

When "Master Robert" spoke again,Marley looked up,her hazel eyes landed on a house that was practically quadruple of the one she used to occupy.Her eyes widened and she blurted out,"What do you do for a living?" It looked expensive,very expensive and she knew that,if she was on her own,she would never be able to afford a place like that.She wondered if the inside of the house was as expensive or if the dollar signs stopped at the doormat.

(I apologize if I missed some parts of your posts yesterday,it was a busy day and I might've had to rush to get a reply in,forgetting details because of that xD .And today,too,I apologize if there's any mistakes,typos,or if they're short.I'm busy preparing for a storm we're going to get.)

(Nah, its okay ^-^ And wow, a storm? We don't get those here where I live 0-0 )

The cart jolted to a stop. He paid the man a few shiny coins and stepped out and went to help Marley out as well. "I was just promoted to an elite knight a week ago. It has it's advantages, obviously." he said. "You'll have your own room. I'll let you decide which one you want. There's plenty of them here." He offered his hand out to Marley, he figured having those short chains on her must have made it difficult to move. it would be nice to have someone in the house to talk to. Most days he was here, all he heard was his voice bouncing off walls in all the empty rooms. He planned to find a wife in the future and have children to fill the silence with laughter and joy. But that would have to wait. For now, he was focused on his career.

(Yeah,a snow storm :( .)

Marley shook from the sudden stop of the cart,but she kept her sitting position."You're a knight?" She asked,her voice quiet again,surprised to hear that he was what he was.That explained the expensive house.She hesitated before accepting his help,getting down gently so her hurt leg wouldn't hurt to much when she put weight back on it."...Thanks.." She breathed as she looked away,feeling thankful that he had helped her down because it wouldn't have been fun attempting it on her own."I can choose?" She then asked,surprised that he would let her pick which room would be hers.

( Oh, we definitely don't have those here, ain't nothing but desert! )

Robert smiled and chuckled. "I cant believe it either. Dream come true for me!" hesaid cheerfully. Robert let Marley walk in front of him, thinking it'd be safer to be watching her. "And of course you can choose, I'd like you to be happy here." he said. Once they reached the doors of the manor, Robert proudly opened both, as if he was presenting a gift to his slave.

(Opps, this one was a little short.)

(Desert?Would you mind if I ask where you live? :P The short reply is fine,I'm reading a book report book so I don't have much time to reply.)

Marley sighed mentally,wishing her dream of going back in time and stopping herself from going into the forest that life-crushing day so she wouldn't be a slave could come true.Of course such a thing couldn't happen,but she knew she would daydream about it.When he opened the double doors and revealed the inside of the manor,she couldn't help but let her eyes widen and her mouth open slightly."Woah..." She breathed as she mindlessly went in,too curious to the inside of the place to think about possibly never going outside again.She had never been inside a place like that before.At least her new home wouldn't be a burden on her.

( I live in this border town VERY down south in California. The border to Mexico is like a 10 minute drive, haha.)

(Augh, I'll have to reply tomorrow. I'll also try to post some pics of the manor so you can get an idea of wha it looks like on the inside ^-^ )

(* whines * I want to live in California!!Lol,I hate Pennsylvania,where I love,pothole heaven where you never know if it'll be hot or cold in the seasons and there's always construction :P .)

(No problem!"See" you tomorrow ;P.)

(No prob!I just thought that maybe you forgot :P .I'll be coming on a one night vacation with my mom and bestie tomorrow so I won't be replying much until Saturday night/Sunday starting tomorrow.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back