• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shapeshifters and Skinwalkers

DevlinRoss

Not afraid of no ghosts
I have a plot that I really wanted to roleplay and was wondering if anyone would like to do it with me.

I would like to have a partner who's on most of the week, but I can understand if you have work or school to do. I try to be on everyday, but I do have work and schooling.

That's all for now, and here is my plot:

There is a group of shapeshifters who shift in a unique way. They use the pelts of the animals they want to shift into and through a ceremony, shift into a mix of human and animal. They sound like skinwalkers, but they take offense to that name.

Skinwalkers are shifters who have committed the ultimate taboo, using the "pelt" of a human to take over their life and gain the power to become a spirit. If a shifter ever does that, they are hunted down and wounded with silver and then burned, for that is the only way to make sure they stay down and don't escape into another form by becoming a spirit.

For a long time, shifters kept their secret from the mundane people. However, there is a rumor of a group of mundane people hunting down shifters and exterminating whole families of shifters. Seen as just a rumor, many don't realize that it is the truth and their leader is a skinwalker bent on exterminating those that won't accept his/her rule as ruler of all shapeshifters. Already, a few communities have fallen, but the news was quickly stifled by the skinwalker. The humans think they are just hunting down demons and monsters really are just pawns in the skinwalker's game for power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back