• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shadowed Skies

Interested in joining?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

imageedit_3_7507397532.png

Centuries after the great war known as the Inquisition, the land of Valgem has grown stronger than ever before. The lands have flourished once more, trades increased in their frequencies and qualities. Kingdoms sprouted from the different regions of Valgem, all which are under the reign of a powerful empire - the Areylian Empire, who once was known as the Kingdom Grivia.

The kingdoms, and the empire, all lived in harmony and order, wars and conflicts being prevented for so many years through tournaments and competitive combat. Valgem had more than its old glory. However, all good things must come to an end.

On the nineteenth day, on the thirty-fifth year of the New Age, the land of Valgem was taken in by surprise, by a creature they had not seen for so long - a legendary beast. A dragon.

This dragon seemed to be covered in black scales and skin, its eyes red and full of malevolence. Larger than any dragon anyone has ever encountered before, it cast a fearsome shadow to the land below, enough to cover an entire city. It wrecked havoc on the unfortunate, destroying the homes of many, and slaughtering them in its terrifying flames of demise. Every passing month the black dragon would prey on another town or city, leaving nothing but ruin in its wake, and after doing so, disappears, as if it did not exist.

The Areylian Empire had enough. The Emperor gathered the strongest men and women on all of Valgem, and ordered them to hunt down the atrocious beast. They never returned. Forced to back into a corner, the Areylian Empire used its last resort - an empire-wide call. The Emperor sought for brave souls to fend of this beast as a final attempt. Should victory favor the empire, the remnants of the land would be saved. However, should it fail, all hope will be lost - the land of Valgem will be forgotten as a pile of ashes.

• Hello, and welcome to the interest check of Shadowed Skies!

I believe I have caught your attention in this thread of mine. Shadowed Skies is a open-world, fantasy roleplay, set in the fictional continent of Valgem, where all are at the mercy of a new adversary - a black dragon. Since it is an open-world, I would like to have the cooperation of all of you in making this a great success, by giving as many suggestions and ideas as you can. I, however, would prefer if they were a bit sensible and fits the roleplay's overall theme. I will be managing a character, not to mention the NPCs, creatures, and many more, but I would appreciate it if you would be helping me in this field. After all, the more, the merrier.

Now, due to it being open-world, there could be several different plots ongoing at varying locations. That is good, however, I'd still like to notify you that I have a major plot in this, and it will all affect you, regardless of your participation. I am planning for this to be a long term roleplay, so please be sure that you can stick around, should you express your interest.

And finally, the question we've all been waiting for.

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTAKING IN THIS RP?

Sadly, this idea has been shelved for the time being. It will be relaunched at a future date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely interested...but need to know a bit more about how magic is going to work within the world.

[QUOTE="Cece Meep]May I partake in this rp as well?

[/QUOTE]
It'd be a pleasure to have you on board.

Hurikane said:
Definitely interested...but need to know a bit more about how magic is going to work within the world.
Very well. After the gruesome Inquisition, magic was severed from the world. Mages and ordinary people alike could no longer perform magical feats. However, a religion known as the Church of Deana had come up with an alternative, which apparently worked.

This alternative way of using magic requires the use of magical circles and runes, all which call upon the magical energy, otherwise known as mana, coming from an alternate plane - the plane of the deities. An addressed deity then, grants mana that goes through the body of the caster, allowing them to perform magic feats much like before. This being said, the deity being used as a mana source will affect the kind and power of magic one would be able to cast. Also, a mortal body can only hold much mana, should there be a surplus amount, the mortal would slowly be consumed by such powerful energies, eating away his body and his life.

I believe that would suffice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have added a poll, for a quicker way to know if one would like to join or not rather than posting. I've also changed it to be a detailed roleplay, simply because I believe it would be much better to pull this off in such standards. And possibly attract more players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back