Other Sexist or?

Kay so, I was having a conversation with a friend of mine. Shes one of those femanazis. (and I'm not talking about feminists. That's a totally different thing. They are not crazy)

Anyways, so I told her a few things I believe and she blew up on me.

So I wanted to ask is this sexist?

I believe that the man needs to be the one to propose. And I think a woman should be able to stay hone with the kids and take care of the house.

I dont know. I feel like I just have old school thoughts. Are my opinions sexist?

As long as you're not trying to force people to follow your opinion, I don't believe it's sexist. 

What makes things sexist is if you think that one sex is superior to another, if you don't respect another person's choice to choose what they want to do in life and want them to do this-and-that instead. Like, if a husband was the one who stayed home to take care of the children and house instead of the wife. There's nothing morally wrong going on with the man wanting to stay home with his kids. 

It's just a custom in the past that the men are the one that went out to work, because usually the men were given better paying jobs. What would be sexist is if, let's say a neighbor, came down after hearing about this family and yelled at the father for supposedly being a good-for-nothing lazy ass and demanded he stopped this nonsense because that's the woman's job, and the husband needs to make his wife quit her job so she can be the caretaker for the children and the house instead because that's what women are "supposed" to do - be the housewife.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

The fact people think differing opinions are intrinsically opposing to their own is the reason why the world is fucked. Why can't everyone stop imposing their own twisted idea of what's "right" or "acceptable" on each other and live your damn lives. No one is gonna agree with you because you think you're right but at the same time just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean you're wrong. Everyone thinks differently, that's what makes society great. What you said isn't sexist in the slightest. Opinions aren't sexist, intent is sexist. If you don't plan on forcing your will on other people then you're absolutely fine. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact people think differing opinions are intrinsically opposing to their own is the reason why the world is fucked. Why can't everyone stop imposing their own twisted idea of what's "right" or "acceptable" on each other and live your damn lives. No one is gonna agree with you because you think you're right but at the same time just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean you're wrong. Everyone thinks differently, that's what makes society great. What you said isn't sexist in the slightest. Opinions aren't sexist, intent is sexist. If you don't plan on forcing your will on other people then you're absolutely fine. 

oh lord! You were scaring me in the beginning of this post. It seemed like you were yelling at me. But then it was good in the end. Lol

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. Its just what I believe. And what Im going to aim for. I'm a bit old fashioned.

oh lord! You were scaring me in the beginning of this post. It seemed like you were yelling at me. But then it was good in the end. Lol

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. Its just what I believe. And what Im going to aim for. I'm a bit old fashioned.

And there's nothing wrong with that......which was my point.

Kay so, I was having a conversation with a friend of mine. Shes one of those femanazis. (and I'm not talking about feminists. That's a totally different thing. They are not crazy)

Anyways, so I told her a few things I believe and she blew up on me.

So I wanted to ask is this sexist?

I believe that the man needs to be the one to propose. And I think a woman should be able to stay hone with the kids and take care of the house.

I dont know. I feel like I just have old school thoughts. Are my opinions sexist?

It's not sexist, it's a way of thinking from another time that deemed it appropriate. If that's your opinion than you should own it and live by what your preferences are, other people will do differently - so long as you're not avidly forcing someone else to change their lifestyle, how you see something to be is not any kind of offensive, it's just a preference. I, personally, agree with you - at one point that was how it was, and just because it's seen today through the lens of sexist, doesn't actually make it so. That way of thinking doesn't apply to everything, of course.

The real issue isn't what you think, it's what she thinks. Saying a woman should be able to stay home, implying a woman would prefer to take care of her kids and house chores as opposed to being employed, or that a man has a dominant role in any aspect of life instead of a woman, to a feminazi, is basically telling all females what to do and that always ends up in an argument. Which you weren't. Remember that it's an emotional thing with those kinds of people. Even though raising a family is hard work in itself, mind you, nor is a man's proposal any less nerve racking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back