Ser Marc Rondel [ APPROVED ]

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Member Form

What do you expect from RP's? : A long standing roleplay with dedicated friends and fellows to stay along for the ride.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : it's my expectation for every one I find, Why make a character, a story, a written word given life, and have it tossed aside because some folks didn't want to do things anymore and leave?
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : in terms of time, years of it. in experiences I've been finding more and more roleplays that stick around through the test of time. GMs that show up often in said roleplays I tend to keep in mind.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy is generally my jam, but I'm flexible enough.
What times are you available? : Due to my working situation, school and it being summer, i have quite abit of time.
How long on average are you on? : often enough to post now and again whenever I'm needed.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : As many as needed, I'm in many slow burn roleplays.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : World building is always a tricky beast, the creatures have to fit in line with all other things in the setting, along with places and things. But when properly collaborated, a world can blossom into a vibrant and beautiful place.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Would love to.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Yep.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : ties in with above, but I am GMing another rp, so bare with me.

General Traits

Character Picture:
Marc.jpg
"A pleasure tah meetchyea."
Character Role: Protector
Character Name: Marc Rondel
Alias: Mercenary, Hedge Knight
Race: Human

Appearance
"Eh? What'dyea have to know this fer?"
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 189 lbs
Hair: Dark brown.
Eyes: Brown
Body Marks: Couple of scars from minor wounds, a particularly hefty scar upon the right shoulder.

Biography
"Golgo'tha, ever been there? Lovely place. Both the city and the island."
Birth Place: Golgo'tha island, Golgo'tha city.
Date of Birth: 970
Nationality: Easterner

Personality:
"What am I like? Well gosh, thats a wierd question."
2 Positive Traits:
Jovial: the man seems to always keep his head held high and a smile upon his face. A laugh is but a bad joke away, and he's more than willing to supply both.

Good sportsmanship: Some people are sore losers, some people are sore winners, very rarely will you find somebody who is good at winning and losing. The ability to say "better luck next time' to yourself and truly mean it and the ability to say "Damn you almost had me, good work!" is equally as crucial in everything one does.

One day somebody wins, the other, they lose. Dwelling on it will only cause undue pain, pick yourself up when you lose, and when you win, reach down to help others back to their feet.

Negative Traits:
Incredibly simple: inner intricacies of certain situations that require a degree of finesse may be lost on the man. leading to misunderstandings and occasionally insult.

Easily flustered, from deeply personal questions to even a slight flirt the man seems to shut down nearly instantly. the fact he is a protector for the admittedly strikingly beautiful savior took roughly 2 full days to calm down from.
Weaknesses:
He is competitive, far too much so, even when joking around everything must be a game of some sort and it can cause the game for him to become much more important than the true work he has to perform.

While it hasn't yet caused to much of an issue, he becomes restless and irritated if kept doing nothing "Fun" for to long. Naturally, he's a good sport about his games, but they take up to much of his attention.

History:
Not everyone chooses the life of a mercenary, sometimes it finds them, and sometimes one simply becomes one out of necessity. Born in Golgo'tha city to a carpenter and a weaver, the boy lead a relatively normal life. Playing, working, and always competing against other boys in their many different ways (because it was the general thought among boys of that age that girls were indeed icky and totally we're pretty at all. Totally.). Young Marc had little to worry about as he became a young man. being a young man he sought to make his own way in life, he wanted to be a part of something and live on his own terms.

As many would.

The problem was that while he was a young fresh faced young man.

He had little to no money.

Impoverished and reluctant to head back to his ma and pa... he found himself talking to a recruiter for one of the nearby mercenary companies. Little more than hired muscle in truth. The group would be hired out as extra hands to the guard, the military or simply for small jobs revolving around protection of travelling merchants. Through this line of work Marc gained what one might call a formal training in the art of... Well.. poking things with a really sharp metal stick, with an axe on it.

Something he took towards rather handily! As he stood at the front with his friends against bandit attack and any brave/foolish wild animals during their travels/jobs.

It was during a lull in work that he volunteered to guard the savior, truly unsure if he was really going to be picked as there was likely many good candidates out there. But it seems that his luck hasn't run out yet!

Mercenary, fight for coin, goods, and for one's life.

Life Skills:
Can cook rather delicious, and more importantly filling, meals out of low end ingredients.

Great endurance, long hungry nights, long marches, training and often trying to not get one's head cut off during a fight tends to help one's fortitude. Or at least to stave off the worse things about travelling.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:

As seen above, simple and easily telling of what he's about. He's a warrior, and such is his lot. And he damn well better wear that armor because it cost him quite a bit!

Also has a nice hat, with a plucked white feather adorning the top.

Personal Items:

Nice hat: It's a nice hat.
Mess kit: All the tools one would need to prepare.. whatever you find for food!
Small leather ball.
Guild membership pin.
"Water" flask.
Water skin.
Old letter from home.
An old iron arrow head.
Fishing rod, line and tackle.

Combat Section

Combateer:
Description:
Combateers concentrate on close range combat, and are masters of attack and defense. They are self reliant always having others depend on them rather than vice versa. While they excel both in group and single combat, when engaging large numbers it may take some time to deal with all opponents.
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ch...des-list-current-version.348348/#post-8089237
Elements Affinity: Fire / Earth / Ice / Steel
Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / EHM / SPT
Stats: HP: 8 / SE: 15 / CCA: 7 /
Dice
5 Atk
3 Def
1 Eva

Passive stuff:
Strength +2
Endurance +2

Personal Arte list Unlocked:
Arte level 1

Combat Tech Support Passive:

Strength level 1
Strength level 2
Endurance level 1
Endurance level 2
Target Aim level 1

Artes Support Tech:

Combo ATK lvl 1

Limit Breaker:

Energy Sensing:

Items:

Special Ability:
"yea, sure the fish is kinda poisonous, but after the fifth time it doesn't hurt that much."
Due to long years of eating just about... Anything and everything the man could stick into a stew pot, he has grown what one might consider a rather hefty resistance against poisons.

Personal Artes:
Overview:
Arte level : Level of your arte
Name of Arte: The name so that you can mark in down in the IC when used. Can also be what you yell in battle.
Type: Choose one of the types that are made available by your Class
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Elemental: Choose from the ten elements
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle
* Please do not change any of the numerical values on the sheet as they are fixed for all players.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Power poke
Type ATK
Description: Named by his late master, whom was notoriously bad at naming things. Focusing one's power into the weapon, the user lashed forwards in a relatively simple, well practiced and quick strike with their weapon.

Simple, efficient, and effective.
Elemental: Steel

[Costs]
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2
Name of Arte: Spearpoint Vanguard
Type: Def
Description: Holding one's weapon forward with the point facing towards a incoming arte in an attempt to parry it, the protective Arte pierces a incoming arte causing an effective safe zone behind the user. This can redirect "splash damage" caused by an arte and prevent piercing(Going from original target to an other) abilities from artes as well.
Elemental: Steel

[Costs]
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental: Fire

[Cost]
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:

[Costs]
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
[Costs]
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

Last edited:
I will be able to go over some of it right now.

Orikanyo Orikanyo everything is looking good. Keep it up.
Will do, got a early shift tomorrow(Finally some god damn work) so i'll keep thinking while on the job.

Would you imagine there would be tournaments or competitions with weaponry? Something to distinguish themselves as a potential hireable knight/merc/guard?

or perhaps he would be chosen through a merc guild?

Toss dieas out thgere, but you have finaly say.

Will do, got a early shift tomorrow(Finally some god damn work) so i'll keep thinking while on the job.

Would you imagine there would be tournaments or competitions with weaponry? Something to distinguish themselves as a potential hireable knight/merc/guard?

or perhaps he would be chosen through a merc guild?

Toss dieas out thgere, but you have finaly say.

I thought I would mention that literal Knights of the RP only reside in the Northern Kingdoms. The other Domains have no 'knights' so to speak.

Protectors are simply chosen from volunteers. So your characters would have had to volunteer when the island Temple put out the call.

I thought I would mention that literal Knights of the RP only reside in the Northern Kingdoms. The other Domains have no 'knights' so to speak.

Protectors are simply chosen from volunteers. So your characters would have had to volunteer when the island Temple put out the call.
alright, that kinda puts a small hamp on that idea, but thats fine.

alright, that kinda puts a small hamp on that idea, but thats fine.

I did not want knights to be existent in all corners of the world. Just like on Earth, on Elegos the different cultures bread different warrior cultures. I simply have not invented one for the Eastern Union... yet

I did not want knights to be existent in all corners of the world. Just like on Earth, on Elegos the different cultures bread different warrior cultures. I simply have not invented one for the Eastern Union... yet
it's cool it's cool.

mercenaries are all over the world, in different names but always with the same premise.

Blood money.

Also, ahd a small feeling this would be an issue regardless... Just been looking for a reason to use the title hedge knight.

it's cool it's cool.

mercenaries are all over the world, in different names but always with the same premise.

Blood money.

Also, ahd a small feeling this would be an issue regardless... Just been looking for a reason to use the title hedge knight.

I see. Well the title is fine to keep, everyone knows of knights. Just wanted to inform about the difference. :)

Could yea give me a small run down on artes and such?

Do we only choose one element?

how many artes do we create?

sorry,. been awhile sicne the first time I went with this system.

Your class provides you with the elements you can use as well as the types or artes.

Each arte can only have 1 element.

Fill in the list of level 1 to 5 if you can. But you do not need a full list to participate in posting in IC or combat

Your class provides you with the elements you can use as well as the types or artes.

Each arte can only have 1 element.

Fill in the list of level 1 to 5 if you can. But you do not need a full list to participate in posting in IC or combat
sounds good.

ah crap, forgot to add the question about the speacial ability in what can, and cannot be one.

Not sure what to have on him though...

Special abilities are usually something that dies not need to be used in battle
Anything you would recromend?

Like a almost supernatural ability to bind with animals? Ability to take a hit for a nearby ally? Never losea hia hat despite wind conditions or physicaly trying to take it off?

Anything you would recromend?

Like a almost supernatural ability to bind with animals? Ability to take a hit for a nearby ally? Never losea hia hat despite wind conditions or physicaly trying to take it off?

We can always leave it blank until an idea comes along. It can also be optional. Concentrate on something else in the meantime.

Alright, added two simple artes(second is based off what Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy showed me with all might, thank you blessed fluffy one)

First one is because I like the name power poke.

the special ability seemed fitting, as one might not always have the choice of what you eat on the road, him being an alright chef helps alleviate that but.. well..

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

So, I have 45 tp to spend yea? lets go to buying stuff eh?

break down

HP +2 6x2 12 TP cost
CCA +2 4x4 8 TP cost (Current expense 20 tp)
Strength +2 4x2 8 cost (Current expense 28 tp)
Endurance +2 4x2 8 cost (Current expense 36 tp)
Defence Dice +2 4x2 8 cost (Current expense 44 tp)

1 TP left over

Do you think this is an acceptable choice of tp usage? any advice? i figured it'd be prudent to have healing items and get a leg up on defensive dice while I could.

Last edited:
Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

So, I have 45 tp to spend yea? lets go to buying stuff eh?

break down

HP +2 6x2 12 TP cost
CCA +2 4x4 8 TP cost (Current expense 20 tp)
Strength +2 4x2 8 cost (Current expense 28 tp)
Endurance +2 4x2 8 cost (Current expense 36 tp)
Defence Dice +1 4 cost (Current expense 40 tp)
2x Mantalope 2x2 4 cost (Current expense 44 tp)

Do you think this is an acceptable choice of tp usage? any advice? i figured it'd be prudent to have healing items and get a leg up on defensive dice while I could.
I do try not to influence the stats growth too much. Unless specifically asked by the member to do so.

However my only suggestion would be to forego the mantalope until the next time.

I do try not to influence the stats growth too much. Unless specifically asked by the member to do so.

However my only suggestion would be to forego the mantalope until the next time.
Gotchyea. I'll edit my shopping list now.

Edit: Added another defense die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back