• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secrets of the Night life in New Orleans

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

FLUFF_V

ウィンターズ・デライト~
Vampires and werewolves have different clans, and packs, or run alone. I'm my view of things, there are blood line abilities.

For example vampires may read weak willed minds like Lestat, or fly like Eric, etc...but I explain these like bloodline, or special gifted abilities. Some vampires may be gifted as soon as they are turned, or "grow" and mature into them...etc... However, there are your normal every day run of the mill vampires as well.
As far as sunlight goes: up to you. depending on where your vamp comes from they could very easily be day walkers, or be like the old legends.
I have played where Dracula has been active, not active, or never happened. I'll answer more questions if you have them.

Werewolves:
Some packs or "strains" of the werewolf gene DO make you a slave to the moon and are more classic horror movie style, but other bloodlines, you can control your shift. Some clans can even have partial forms if wished. IE: human, form but perhaps you need to put on some extra muscle to deal with a small problem, or extend your claws for use as a weapon or intimidation.
Wolf, werewolf, and human form.

Just as with vampires some werewolf packs have special abilities. Some examples are the older bloodlines that are mostly pure or pure might have Earth magic. Helps in tracking and hunting, sending messages...etc. but new blood lines, or "watered down" blood lines do not have access to these.
It goes without saying that the normal range of vampires and Werewolves are the same.
Super strength, speed, sight, smell...etc.

NOW, with all that said that gives you a base of what "Type" of supernaturals I want. I also like the idea that if vampires and werewolves exist, why not witches, warlocks, faeries, etc... as well. A whole underworld hidden, and sometimes depending where or what version, not so hidden under human noses.

Simple Guidelines to follow
- Make sure to RESPECT everyone and their characters.
- Make it clear to the readers whether or not if your character(s) is/are thinking or speaking.
- Don't control another members OC without their consent.
- Any disagreement among members must be taken to the OOC chat.

Adjustments to the Guidelines and Lore above will be added later on.

ALL THE CREDIT FOR THIS CONTENT GOES TO Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787

Fellow Members of the group
FLUFF_V FLUFF_V

Laume Laume
Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787

Any questions of interest feel free to contact me FLUFF_V FLUFF_V or Whitewolf787 Whitewolf787

Last edited:
***Ellie***

In Misty Night anything could happen. So many people came and went. Every person with a different story, a different life. And I had a front row seat to them all. I was there when the singers made their nervous debut on the small overly lit stage. I was there when they went back stage and silently cheered their success, or puked on the floor from nervousness. Some singers went on to make it big, some faded away, and even more were content to play here at the Misty Night. Most nights there was live music, either from a singer or a new and upcoming band. I liked listening to the music, and seeing the different personalities shine though in their chosen art form.

I knew the lives and gossip of my fellow bartenders. Mary was in yet another bad breakup and would tell any handsome man who came to the bar. So desperate to share and love, afraid to be alone. I knew the type and wished her the best, but also knew that likely she would be doomed to repeat the same experience again and again. Alexander, who preferred Alex, was trying so hard to work on his jazz trumpet playing in his free time. I knew he had talent but no confidence to take the next step.

I knew the regulars that came in to drink a hard day away, or to celebrate a good one. Some would choose to sit at the oval bar, others at the scattered tables. Small areas were glassed off to give the impression of privacy, and for most individuals it was. However my ears could pick everything up if I wished. I was there for it all, strangers telling me their secrets because I was a bartender. I also knew from my nose and eyes those who had secrets they didn't wish to share.

The two married werewolves that were enjoying a night out. Without listening to their conversation. I could tell that they were celebrating a new life to be. They looked like any other customers, but I saw them for what they were.
I saw the Vampire reading in the corner pretending to shut out the rest of the world. His attention assuming to be on the hard back book in his hands. There were clues that were so simple for me to see that others were blind too. I could see that he was not breathing, though he moved his shoulders up and down from time to time to make it seem like breathing. I could see that his nails were just a tad bit too long, and with a glint of age. Too subtle for most to catch. I could also tell that he was well fed. He showed no signs of blood lust. He seemed to enjoy the buzz of the club, watching people through the glass while pretending to read.

I was grateful for my blood. As part of my heritage and training. I could hide my scent when I chose to. It let me hide in plain sight. I seemed like any other normal human, and that is what I wanted. Even if those wished to find me it would be difficult. I learned a long time ago not to trust. Or in more accurate terms, not to trust easily. To many disappointments, and to many that I have failed and lost. So I made sure to hide in plain sight. I was a bartender at Misty Night. I, Ellie Kensley, am a werewolf.

"Ellie can you pass me the Jack Daniels." Mary asked as I was putting another beer down in front of another customer. I passed it with a smile on my face. I knew how to play a part. Smile, meant more tips. I liked the busy bustle of the job. Something to keep me busy until it was time to go. The night was still young and the main crowd had not come in yet. A live band was rehearsing on the stage ,due to go on at nine.

"Hey Ellie did you want to switch shifts with me? I want to go out with my brother later, its his Birthday." Alex asked, knowing what the answer would be. He was practically hoping in place. I know from his conversations that he had not seen his bother in a few months. He reminded me of a puppy ready to go for a walk, or eagerly waiting for permission to jump on the couch. I smiled to myself.

"Sure. I like to close. Not a problem." I was cheerful and my bright blue eyes caught the light as I turned towards another customer. Closing was at 6am. We were one of the few clubs that stayed open that late.

"I knew it. You're a life saver...not to mention you are such a night owl." He chuckled under his breath. Alex was still pretty young, maybe 21, or 22. I rolled my eyes. He was always trying to pick on me, in his own way.

"Oh hey Ellie" Mary came rushing over from the end of the bar. "You still need to tell me your secret about your hair. I swear its dyed but you say its not. I call Bull." She joked, as she elbowed me in the side. I ignored the contact. I really didn't like to be touched but knew that she didn't mean anything by it.

"I told you. My hair is natural." This had to be the fourth time she tried to get me to say my hair was dyed. It was a question I was getting tired of.

"No way is white hair natural. Unless you're albino, but you do not look like one!" Mary had a bit of a sassy tone. I bet she thought it was cute, but on most days it came across as annoying.
I shrugged. What could I say. It was my natural hair color. In no way was I going to explain that it was genetic. Most people in my family had darker amber brown hair or even right out red hair. However, my mother and I were the only two with white hair. It matched our wolves fur. It is supposed to be a sign of good luck and great fortune, but I have yet to see evidence of that.

Mary took the hint and gave up, it also helped that she was called by a gentlemen who just sat down at the bar. I went back to my work and continued to watch people. I liked to watch for those that needed to be hunted. The "bad ones" I called them. Vampires that were a plague on the city. Some could co-exist, while others...

I took care of them. The worst ones were ferals and those close to turning feral. Mindless except for the need to cause pain and feed. They are what humans instinctively remember. The nightmares that come in the night. They are the ones that inspired the old legends. Though just like with humans, there are many species of vampires, and many species of werewolf. Those that could not co-exist, were the ones who I waited for. This was my new home. My city, and I was going to protect it.

So I worked and watched.

Jared was mentally and spiritually lost. He had been searching for information in the years since the incident, and had still come up with nothing substantial. He remembered saving up money to move to New Orleans- his birth parents' city- and for what? Had he expected them to meet him at the airport, ready to lay out his family history neatly and in perfect detail? He didn't even know their names, much less where to find them or wether they were even still in New Orleans at all. He had gone back to looking at medical texts as well, but no genetic or physiological illness he could find could explain what had happened to him.

Galdr was no help either. Among everything at his job, he had found books on spirit animals, totems, familiars, therianthropy- but nothing physical. He had read page after page about people who used animals in their religious practice and spiritual work, or whose astral forms took on animal shapes. But nothing physical- nothing about how he had turned into a monster and traumatized his roommate.He had had a spark of hope after finding a web forum dedicated to "physical shifting", but after digging deeper, it had turned out to be a cult-like scam with no evidence. Nothing- medical or spiritual- indicated werewolves were anything but an archetypal myth. He had hit dead end after dead end, and after so many years, was starting to wonder whether he was crazy.

So Jared did what he always did when he needed answers from the universe. Sitting cross-legged on his apartment floor, he began shuffling his oldest and most familiar tarot deck. "What is the heart of my problem?" he asked aloud, setting a card forward.
The Moon, with its little illustrations of a howling wolf and dog, stared back at him. "Yes I know that part" he grumbled sarcastically as he began shuffling again. Obvious werewolf symbolism aside, the card's spiritual meanings of being trapped or needing to make a decision felt also relevant. "How do I address this problem?" The last time he had done a similar reading, he had gotten The Chariot, inspiring him to travel. This time he flipped over The Page of Swords. It meant intelligence, generally. But it also indicated someone that brings practical, helpful advice- a mentor figure who could provide wisdom. Jared kept shuffling. "How do I find this mentor?" The Wheel of Fortune. Damn it- an answer of luck or fate didn't give him much to go on by way of planning.

Jared sighed and put the deck back into his pocket. He needed a break from all this, maybe to get a drink. Maybe not thinking about it for a little while would help his brain come up with something, like sleeping on a problem. He wandered the streets pretty much at random- given the New Orleans night life, almost any bar or club would do. He ended up wandering into one where the live music appealed to him, without even looking at the name on the sign.

Last edited:
An eerie buzz would rip through the air of the young night, following closely behind it a shrieking ring. Nothing, but clouds of darkness could be seen surrounding this young particular male. He would be idly standing in a blank space of nothingness which made it look as though he was hovering above what was supposed to be the ground but wasn't. His neck slightly bent with his face looking down at his perfectly shined shoes with what deemed to be his soulless eyes. He'd throw his gaze from his feet to the surrounding darkness. A misty white substance would protrude through the emptiness of his eye sockets like a waterfall. The white particles would begin to pool up underneath the male.

"What is this place...? Is this reality.. No it can't be.. I-it feels so real...., yet so.. empty." The young male muttered to himself in whispers, a second projection would echo behind his words snarling.

Someone or something whizzed pass the males face and the small hair follicles along his body would erect; not of fear, but knowing that something was in his presence with a strong magnetic pull. Even though the male could not see, he could feel the change in the dark atmosphere that shrouded him. He was unable to move for he was in a paralyzed state where he could only control his head movement. Other than that, every limb and the rest of his body was frozen in position. The male now thought to himself briefly, How did I end up here? Where was I... before all of thi-... The young male was interrupted by a hoarse cackle, which was just inches from his ear.

The chattering of laughter would fade from the unknown assailant before it would cease. "Oh, how you amuse me with your words traveler." A raspy winded voice began to pitch up, with what seemed to be the sound of rattling bones; that belonged to the dead. The outlines of a skull would be glowing out of the shadows, small orbs of a faint blue beamed from the core of the black eyeless sockets of the creature as it stared at the male. "I believe you're here as a gift to me. A free soul to feast upon." The jaw of the body-less skull would expand outward as it attempted to consume the soul of the male.

The male would free himself from his paralysis and smack the left temple of the floating skull with enough force to cause it to become dazed. The skull would clench it's teeth tightly before getting a hold of itself. "How odd, even for a mere human to break free; especially from a state of you being a sitting vegetable." It would circle around the male. "What is your name young man?"

"That is none of your concern." The young male said, in slight irritation.

"You do however intrigue me with that.. second layer that extends your vocals. Almost demonic like, but not very much of the same category." It would look at the misty molecules that had engulfed the feet of the male. "I do ponder as of now; how did you got here?"

In the distant shadows a javelin would spring out penetrating the males back, piercing his left lung along with that scratching his heart and exiting out of his chest after tearing his ribs apart from the shear force. In that moment, the male would be in shock as he lost a large dose of his oxygen. He'd gasp for air in dire need, coughing violently as the skull would laugh loudly finding delight in the males suffering. Out from beneath the skull, a cloaked fiend would arise from dark pits of the abyss. "Just devour this young soul already and quit babbling Settoku."

The male would recollect his breath as he realized that everything that was occurring wasn't real, it was nothing more but an illusion of some sort. He'd touch the hole in his chest feeling no actual pain and saw no blood. He was amazed at the sight, but would stare at the two spirits. "You two figments of my imagination need to get lost." He said, in a demanding tone.

The two fiends would look at him with a strong urge to strike him down into ashes, but knew it would have no effect on the young lad. Settoku snapped his teeth. "What in the hell are you exactly?? And we are no figment of imagination, therefore you are in our realm."

"Whatever you are, I am going to find o-..." The cloaked fiend was cut off by an echoing voice that shook the blank space of the shadow lands.

"Moku, Moku, Moku, Moku!" That name would be repeatedly spun around the males mind making him dizzy. Everything of the darkness would wipe from existence as a beaming light would greet him. Being blinded by it he would throw his left hand over his face blocking the rays of light from entering his eyes. He would groan a bit as a blanket of drowsiness hit him. The light would dim out and he would uncover his face as the name "Moku" was said once more. The male would be laid flat out on a bed mattress in his La-Z-Boy outfit, he sat up on the bed and was sitting before another male. He'd see a couple other strangers beside him.

"Who are you? And who or what is Moku?" The young male said, in annoyance but stopped himself as his senses finally came back to him that he was Moku. He collapsed his palms onto his face rubbing his eyes. "Forget what I just said man.. I'm just sleepy is all." Moku would stand up to his feet. "How long was I out for Casey?"

"Uhh.. You know that you collapsed about 47 seconds ago right?? You weren't breathing anymore. A couple customers helped carry you out onto the bed and tried giving you CPR, while I made a call for emergency services but that's when you awoke. Glad to have you back Moku. You gave us a scare. I think we should get you checked up." Casey said, in a worried tone.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I don't need to go to the hospital, thanks for your concern though." Moku said, as he began to walk on out of La-Z-Boy. "I'm done for the rest of the night Casey. You folks take care." Moku strolled on down the parking lot as the night was silent and bitterly cold.
It was partially cloudy out and the moon was no where in sight. He walked on for awhile and after crossing over a few blocks and many turns he was home. He went into his dorm and was greeted by his wolf-pup Shiro. The pup pounced on Moku's shoes and nibbled away at his pants. "I missed you too Shiro." He chuckled as he rubbed Shiro on the head.

Moku refilled Shiros food and water bowl before heading on over to his room. Moku stripped himself of his clothing leaving him just in his boxers as he sat down on the edge of his bed. He thought about what had happened to him at his workplace along with that odd dream world. Moku brushed it off after a couple minutes not thinking much of it anymore. Wasn't I supposed to be doing something tonight..? I think I had plans.. but I can't recall what it was exactly. Moku then looked at his phone scrolling through his past messages and came across "Misty Night". He got up and threw on a white muscle shirt and slipped on a black skinny jean.

"Be a good boy Shiro." Moku said, on his way out grabbing his black jacket. Shiro tilted his head as he watched Moku walk on out closing the door behind and locking it.

Last edited:
Evelyn

Evelyn looked up from her text book and sighed. It had been great studying for the last hour, but now her attention was wandering . There were more and more people coming in to the club. She knew that it would come. She simply smiled and closed her text book. She got a good amount done so she wasn't disappointed. She decided to come to this club, Misty Night, for a change of pace. Her tiny one bedroom apartment, well actually it was a studio if she was honest, was getting to cramped for her. So she came here.

She liked the background noise that came with being out. The chatter of conversation, the hum of the music in the background, the clinks and clanks of dishes, and glasses. She tried the park, but usually the tables were full, or not very clean, and its not great to try to read in your lap and take notes. She was half way through her college credits for her chosen career. Her hope and dream was to be a Veterinarian. She got along with all animals, and she loved helping and spending time with them.

She waved her hand to the passing waiter to get his attention.
"Can I get a refill on my soda please, and perhaps some "Mot" sticks?" I asked.
"Sure no problem. I'll go put that in for you and be back with your refill." He smiled and left.
Thankfully she wasn't that far out of the way. A small booth table to the left of the bar. She could still see the stage, and most of the bar, and a good portion of the rest of the club.

She bent down to put her book in her backpack. and out came her sketch book. She loved to sketch, draw, paint. Art was her second passion but she knew that being a Vet would pay the bills better. She had been working on crows last. She flipped to the last page and continued to shade in her crow. This one was in mid-flight with the moon above it and a lake under. She wanted to highlight the stars and the reflection of its wings.

"Here you go." said the waiter as he set down the drink.
She smiled and reached for it to take a sip. She loved soda. She looked up from her drawing to see that they were about to set up for another live performance. Live music was the best. She had never been in this club before, but she thought she was going to like it. Time to get drawing, and she was looking forward to the music.

Last edited:
Jared made his way to the bar, and started scanning the drink menu. But he hardly felt like thinking tonight, so he picked the first random drink that caught his attention, without even looking at the ingredients. "Hi, can I get uh... Salty Dog? Thanks." He sat back and tried to focus on the live music, relax a little. But one foot kept tapping away, nervously. His hands kept fidgeting, either rubbing the tattoos on his wrists or slipping into his pocket to feel his good luck charm.

Every once in a while, his eyes would scan over the crowd, as if expecting a video game quest marker to appear over someone's head. He was very tempted to pull out his pendulum, but resisted. The cards had guided him here, he had to wait and see what would happen next. Maybe it would be nothing- his lucky turn might be waiting for him tomorrow, or next week, or next month. Patience. He turned his attention back to the music.

Ellie

Ellie watched as the next band set up for their performance, Shortly after she heard a man order a drink.
"May I see you ID please, Club policy." She asked politely.
She noticed that he looked a bit nervous, or perhaps restless.
She smiled and had to stop herself as she caught his scent. Werewolf. It wasn't very strong, and she only vaguely remembered what type of werewolf he was likely to be by his scent. If her teaching and memory was correct he was a "watered" down breed. Most likely a bitten or an offspring of a bitten werewolf. Sadly if that was the case this breed of werewolf were the most likely to be found by humans.
Each individual was different, but from what she knew they were bound to the moon, and often shifted because of it. Some couldn't shift at all or only partially. Most however had strength enough to harm themselves are others if not careful. All were wolves, even the lowest breed had better strength then humans.
She wondered if he knew he was a werewolf, or if he had control over it. His nervousness or restless behavior was not a great first impression, however he could be nervous for other reasons.

She kept her smile in place while she waited for him to show her his ID.

"Huh?" Distracted, Jared realized the bartender had asked him a question. "Oh, right, sorry". He dug through his pockets, fished out his wallet, and showed her his ID. "Sorry, I guess I'm a little scatterbrained tonight. Is there anything you'd recommend, for food?" He knew servers often recommended more expensive specials, to bring in more cash, but he didn't care. Fate was making the decisions tonight.
His jaw ached. Had he lost track of time again, was it close to the full moon? Maybe he shouldn't have gone out- the last thing he wanted was to sprout a jagged set of fangs in front of this nice young woman. Of course, like feeling a tickle on the skin after reading about insects, just thinking about the possibility of transformation made his body set off all kinds of false alarms. His skin itched all over and he felt sure it was about to sprout into fur, even though he logically knew it was probably just his imagination. Probably. Hopefully.

Ellie

She watched as he seemed to grow more nervous. The fool moon was two days away. If he was the breed she thought he was he probably was feeling it. Poor kid, she thought.
"Sure thing. There burgers are great. The Cowboy burger is messy but tastes wonderful. The grilled stakes here are the cheep cut but are cooked well. Depends what you want to spend."
Ellie purposefully mentioned beef food. If he was a wolf he would like those best, and would need the energy. She noticed some markings on his writs but couldn't make them out. A type of tattoo maybe? Most wolves couldn't get tattoos. She would never be able to have one. The "lower" or "lesser" bloods could though. Something a bit different about the genes and healing she thought.

She looked over at the band now going full swing. They were decent, not great, but at least they had good rhythm. Then she turned and smiled back at the man.

Jared didn't realize just how hungry he was until she started listing food. As his imagination conjured up images of dripping, juicy meat his mouth started watering. "The Cowboy burger sounds really great, actually. Rare, please. Thanks." He smiled at the bartender. Something about her drew him in, felt particularly welcoming. It was probably just part of the job, he rationalized, every service worker had a friendly work persona. But still, he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something... if this hadn't been his first night at this bar, he would have called it a familiar feeling. "Could I ask your name?"

ELLIE

Ellie smiled. She knew he would like the idea of red meat. She started to put his order im the computer when he asked her name.

"Sure. My name is Ellie. Its nice to meet you. Question for a question? What is your name?" She also wanted to ask if he was new in town. She hadn't smelled him before on her patrols but there could be a lot of reasons for that.

Thinking of patrols she was going to have to make extra this week. Full moons were always busy. Not just werewolves, but vampires and other creatures came out with the moon. It would be a good hunting opportunity. There was one vampire that she had been trying to track but she has had very little to go on. The lowest of the low. He fed on women and small children, tortured them to put the taste of fear in the blood before drinking them dry and ripping them apart. The case was pretty popular with the police to. Ellie doubted that they would get even close. It bothered her that she couldn't pick a sent up off him very well. She knew he was feral, or very near it. Most feral didn't think and plan, they went for easy convenient kills and never bothered with hiding.
This one knew how to cover his tracks. There was never a speck of blood that wasn't the victims and usually not even much then. It seemed like she was getting taunted. Somehow it started to feel personal and she was determined to get him. The full moon was his favorite time of month.

She shook her head because she realized she had let her mind wonder. Now was not the time to think about the hunt.

She smiled again, finished putting his order in and looked at the new wolf.

EVELYN

Her mot sticks came a little after the band started to really get playing. Her attention was mostly on her drawing however. She had almost finished the shading. She loved how she could get lost in her art. If only it could pay the bills. There was something otherworldly about art. Without looking she would use her freehand to grab a cheese stick and dip it into the sauce and eat it, being careful not to drip any on her art.

After a few songs she was done with her picture. She thought i was hauntingly beautiful. Please with her art she propped it up on the center condiments holder and admired her latest work. She would have to start drawing something else soon, but for now she enjoyed looking at her raven. She could almost see it flying off the page to join her in the club.

Ellie. Jared ran the numbers silently in his head. That would be a 7 in Numerology- analysis, understanding, knowledge. Of course, it would be more helpful if he knew her full name, and that was assuming she didn't spell it differently than he thought. All the same, it reminded him of the Page of Swords he had drawn earlier. And while following the wheel of fortune, he would treat nothing as coincidence. "Nice to meet you, Ellie, I'm Jared." he smiled. "I'm kind of new in town- I just moved here a few weeks ago. So if you have any advice for a newbie just getting his bearings, I'd really appreciate it." As a local, and especially as a bartender, he guessed she probably had the scoop on anything and everything around.

Ellie watched Jared look thoughtful for a moment before he replied. Maybe he thought he heard her name before, but then he spoke and confirmed what she was thinking of him being new to town.

She also thought that his smile looked a bit strained around the edges, but she could be mistaken. Being new in town always had a way of stressing you out. Ellie new from experience. Too many moves, to many times.

She placed his drink in front of him and answered.

"Well Jared it depends what you are looking for. If you like coffee shops there is a great one about a block from here that is called "Morning charm". Its a nice place, not as big as Starbucks i give you that, but personally it has better coffee and lower prices. If you like hiking there are several bike or walk trails just towards the east side of the city near the outskirts. If you like movies the old Crown movie theater has great prices and good services. My favorite hospital is John Hopkins. They are always fast and efficient. Some great mom and pop shopping near down town, even with the tourists. Some street vendors have amazing food form Greek, to Italian . to Tex-Mex, to good old fashion New York hot dogs. Like i said, it depends on what your looking for. Ill help if i can. " She was filling another costumers drink while she answered. She still smiled to the other women but kept her attention on Jared, yet still expertly continued working.

It helped that she knew this bar like the back of her hand.

"I love hiking, actually!" He wondered if it was blatantly obvious from his appearance. It wasn't exactly rare for grumpy old people to call him a hippie, even though he was decades too young for the seventies subculture. "You must have a good instinct for people. Any reason you mentioned the hospital? Most people don't go often enough to have favorites." Of course she was exactly right that he would need it. While he was mostly used to his monthly troubles by now, sometimes they caused problems he couldn't heal on his own- dislocated bones and the like. And he'd need pain meds just to get through the discomfort. But Ellie had no way of knowing that.

Ellie smiled widened, and there was a bit of a fierce predatory look to it. Her sea blue eyes seemed to almost glow a bit brighter, some where between a blue and a gray.

"This is New Orleans. Anything can happen at any time. Always a good idea to know a good hospital." Her voice was very practical and friendly but between the not quite right smile and the gleam in her eyes it gave the words a bit of a eerie feeling.

Her smile returned to the usual one then and the brightness to her blue eyes faded. It was quick and it could have been a trick of the light.

"I actually really love hiking too. Running honestly. It helps clear my head, keeps me in shape and relaxes me. I find there is something wonderful about a good run that just clears all the fog away. As for a good instinct on people thank you. " she paused and had a playful smile on her face, no trace of the previous one from before. She also brought her finger up to tap the side of her nose. "It also helps to pay attention. You learn things others may not if you do." She laughed then. A bit more then a chuckle but not a full blown belly laugh.

She got a look from one of the other bar tenders behind her.

"That's certainly true" he agreed amiably. "I'm working on my intuition. And research is always good for a deep dive." Just because he believed in magic and spirituality didn't mean he let go of common sense. A spell to get a good job wouldn't do anything if you didn't do the legwork of actually filling out applications and sending in resumes. "But at least for now, when I need to pick up some extra information form the universe, I still need to use tools." He pulled out the deck of tarot cards from his pocket to show what he meant, giving them a little shake before putting them away again. "I work at Galdr- the new age shop on Decatur street. If you ever feel the need for a star chart reading or some incense."

Ellie chuckled again. She found it a bit funny that a wolf worked at a new age shop. But there were weirder things out there, them for example.

"You just carry around the cards with you?" she was working on another drink.

She knew magic existed, in many shapes and forms. If a person with the right aptitude wielded the right tools magic could be produced. Anywhere from complex spells that took many components and months, to simple intention and energy. Most normal humans ignored it however. Her Family was very good in earth and tracking magic, like most wolves. However her family excelled far further in tracking then any other clan she knew. She also knew they were the only wolf pack and blood line that practiced blood magic. Something no wolves were not supposed to do. Special to her blood line. It was one of the main reasons her family had the best history for being hunters. Peace makers, but also home destroyers .

She shook her head, and tried not to let those more painful memories surface. That part of her life was over. No more blind obedience.

"These? Yes. I have more decks at home, and other things. But there are a few things I don't leave home without, the same as carrying around my wallet, keys, ID." His pockets were currently full of things- a pendulum, a set of miniature runes in an old Altoid tin, several charms and tickets. "This is the first deck I ever owned. The others have their strengths and weaknesses, but when it comes down to it, this is the one I'm most familiar with, most in tune to. Heck, I could give you a reading if you want. Free of charge."

ELLIE

Ellie smiled. That would be interesting. She would love to see if this wolf had a touch of the gift in him. She couldn't read cards, but she had other talents. Also she wondered what the card would tell her, and him.

"I think I would like that. I would love to see what the cards need to tell me." she watched as a server put his burger down in font of him.

"How late are you going to be at the bar?" She did tell the other bartender she would cover, but she could always change her mind. Besides, talking more with this new wolf would be a good idea. If she got off at her scheduled time it was another hour. She had been there since 2pm. She was thinking about what to say as she glanced around the bar. It was a steady night so far, people trickling in but not bad.

Jared thanked her, but then slid the burger a little out of the way. He would eat it, and happily so, but he didn't want to get any grease and stains on the cards. Pulling them out of his pocket again, he started shuffling. He shrugged at her question. "I'm flexible. I don't have any specific plans tonight, just being carried along the current of fate." He tried to keep his mind focused on her as he shuffled, lest the cards pick up on his own thoughts and answer him instead. After a little while, he held out the cards to her. "Here. shuffle those until it feels right." When reading for someone else, he always liked to have them add their own touch, their own energy.

"Full moon soon, right?" he asked, once she handed the cards back to him. "So let's see what a full moon spread has to say." This was a reading for her, and as far as he knew she had no relationship to the moon. But the timing was close, and it felt right in an intuitive way he couldn't shake. He laid out five cards- one at the bottom from her perspective, and four in an arcing fan above it. He read the cards from her point of view, first pointing at the bottom one.

"This one is your self perception. How you see and relate to yourself. It's Justice" The woman on the card looked regal, holding a pair of scales in one hand and a sword in the other. "That tells me you see yourself as someone maintaining the law or rules. You resolve problems, make judgements. You avoid extremes, keeping balance in all things." He then indicated the second card. "This one is your best qualities, your strengths. It's The Chariot, which means determination and self control. It indicates a forceful will and an energy of motion and action. The third card is your gift to others. What do you offer the world, how can you best use your talents?" The card featured a circle of six chalices, "The Six of Cups means the benefits of experience. The skills, contacts and knowledge you've gained from the past help you and can inspire future adventures."

He tapped the next card with one finger. "The fourth card is what you find most fulfilling, where you find happiness. The Three of Pentacles means creativity. It's an especially good card for artists, craftspeople and entrepreneurs, since it can indicate success in a chosen discipline." He indicated the last card. "Finally, this is your untapped potential. What could you be great at that you're just not seeing yet?" It was the Page of Swords he had pulled earlier that day, and he smiled at it. "This card means intelligence and good advice. It means you could be a good teacher or mentor." He looked up at her with a wry smile, thinking back to the start of their conversation and how easily and accurately she had assessed him. "It means an astute judge of character."

ELLIE

Ellie was curious when he started to lay the cards out. She wasn't expecting him just to lay down the cards right there. She smiled as he set them out. She nodded and thought about each card as he explained them. They seemed pretty accurate. The card about the creativity surprised her. She did dabble in painting but had not picked a brush up in nearly ten years.

When we explained the last card she couldn't help it. She right out and laughed. Not a chuckle but a full blown laugh. They were just talking about that, either he was good at slight of hand to place the right card, or he really did have a talent with them. It had been a while since she had to pull on her deeper wolf magic. She got by with good old reflexes and senses most of the time.

"Well. That was interesting!" she said still smiling.
"I didn't expect for you to pull them out right here." she laughed again. "It looks to me that your cards are pretty spot on, though to tell you the truth I never really saw myself as a teacher or mentor, more like a loner. My mother always said i was a good student though."

Last edited:
Jared cleaned up the cards, slipping them back into his pocket. He shrugged. "Nothing is 100%. But this deck always seems to come through for me when I really need it." He bit into the burger, hungry. It was just as wonderful as she had claimed. The fact that the Page of Swords had come up again burned in his mind. He couldn't ignore a big, blazing obvious sign like that.

"Can I tell you something crazy?" he asked, once he was about halfway done with the burger. "I think I was meant to meet you tonight. I think fate or destiny or the universe or whatever you want to call it, is giving me a hell of a lot of hints. I think you can help me somehow. So I'm going to go for it, even if you think I'm crazy. Heck, you're a bartender in New Orleans. What I'm about to say probably won't even be the weirdest thing you hear all week. And if you do think I'm nuts, well, that's fine. I promise I won't bother you about it any further than that." He took a deep breath. "So here goes."

Even with the whole speech about not caring if he looked crazy, Jared still blushed and his voice didn't come out as confident as he had intended, more of a mumble. "I...think I might be a werewolf."

ELLIE

Ellie had made herself busy while he ate. She could tell he was like the burger, when he spoke.
Fate brought him to her? She thought about it. It could be. She usually knew every supernatural that walked in the bar or learned of them soon after using her tracking senses and past talents. She knew he was a werewolf too, but then to here him say it like she was scared or ashamed, or crazy. She tired to understand that for someone not born into the life it could be extremely difficult. Specially the breeds like she assumed he was that was made, and had no knowledge of the supernatural world. Her blood pack was mostly pure blood, and several normal humans knew about them and worked with them. A few stragglers that joined had mated with humans who later decided to turn. They had the benefit of choosing. She doubted that Jared did.

She looked around quickly to double check to see if any of the other sups or otherwise heard him, or noticed. She didn't see anything. They way he admitted that could easily come off as reading "easy prey". She took a deep breath.

"I know you are." she smiled. as she answered him she put a "dont notice me bubble" around them. Wolf magic, but other species could so something similar. It was fantastic to use this. It would mumble conversations for others trying to over hear, or it could make you invisible to humans. They just didnt see you. Handy when trying to run through the streets as a wolf. If they saw you they thought big dog and nothing more. She didnt want others to catch on their conversation.

The magic was almost like a ripple. Noticeable if he knew it was coming otherwise you may only notice a prickle on your skin or that sound around you didnt seem as loud.

"And before you think im being sarcastic, I know you are because i can smell you and I am a Werewolf too."

Jared had expected her to laugh. Or roll her eyes and ignore him for the rest of the night. Or, since she was probably trained to be polite to even the weirdo customers, that she would say something along the lines of "sure" or "if that's what you believe", and keep all the eye-rolling disbelief private to herself. So when she simply said 'I know', he was completely taken aback.

"Wait, you do?" Was she just playing along and humoring him, hoping it would get him out of her hair? She mentioned smelling him and he automatically took a sniff. All he could smell was the half a burger still on his plate, and the general booze-food-sweat mixture of the bar. "You are?" She didn't seem to be lying or joking, but after so many years searching for answers and not finding them, it was hard to believe he had finally struck gold. "How do I...is there a way to...how do I fix it?" he finally asked. "Is there a way for me to...stop?" Transforming hurt, and even more importantly, he didn't want to end up hurting anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back