• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Secret of the Rose

Webs Elk

Find me a prince or princess, I'm not picky.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Secret of the Rose
Hundreds of years ago, the war between pirates and royalty had started. Under the reign of Queen Rosella, many pirates' ships were sunk, their crew taken and executed. Nobody knew how a Queen was able to take down so many hostiles with only a dozen knights - until her secret got leaked. People freaked out and saw only one option: taking down their Queen.
Queen Rosella knew what her destiny was, but she had to keep her secret locked away. Once in the wrong hands - the world would never be the same again.
And so she did what she could - hide the secret and divide it over the world.
And now, hundreds of years later, a captain and his crew have found the first clue to finding the secret and exposing it for their own good. But what do they need to find it?
Queen Rosella's descendant.
They trace down her bloodline and find a princess in a faraway land called Astoria, her father dead, living with her stepmother.
So what do they do?
They kidnap her.
On the ship of the pirates, the princess meets the crew.
Not only is she kidnapped and held prisoner by the most feared pirate captain ever, the first mate seems to behave strangely in her presence and the entire royal fleet is chasing them - and maybe the secret of the rose should have stayed a secret....

Who I'd wish to play: The Captain & The First Mate (the first mate is the love interest)
Looking for someone to play: The princess

Wyosch Wyosch

Name: Cyril Culbert

Appearance: Cyril stands at 5'8 and has a lean build (one that betrays how much he actually eats and how active he is all the time). He usually dresses very casually, mostly due to not having anywhere to go, and he also usually wears layers of clothes due to it being cold in the mountains. Without the extra layers, he feels "naked".

Personality: Cyril is energetic and hyper, and is always moving. He also hates being still. He's extroverted and an extremely friendly person to everyone, even the pirates who kidnapped him and he always looks to the bright side of everything. Due to living in an isolated mountain house in the middle of no where, he's been forced to read and dream about adventures in far away lands, which is why he's so curious about everything as well, always trying to explore and learn more about every and anything around him.

Sean_o'donnell.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Sinister Black

Appearance: Sinister stands tall at a little over six feet, with a muscular build - yet not overly so. He has a good form and good posture, both needed when engaging in swordly combat. He dresses mostly in black, with high collars and cuffed sleeves; expected of a pirate. His eyes are always outlined with a dark charcoal type substance, meant to help protect them from the sun and brightness of the sky.
All together, he has a fairly well put together and sophisticated appearance. He looks nothing like a grungy and dirty pirate, but rather... a bit more refined.

Personality: Sinister has a fierce reputation, known as a dangerous and fearsome First Mate to the feared 'Captain Skull'.
Sinister is a tormentor. He enjoys bullying others both verbally and physically. He is not above name calling or putting people in their place for the sheer purpose of entertainment. He has a strong sense of humor, however probably one only understood by his shipmates.
He is of a dark nature, and takes great pride in his role as first mate, and all he has achieved in this position.
A great deal of his charm is revealed through his story telling. Having explored the world, he has a great deal of knowledge and can keep a crowd interested by the stories he has to share.
He has a skewed sense of honor, referring to himself as a man with a code of honor, however is not above killing needlessly should someone dare challenge him to such a fight. He is a determined and vindictive man, never one to back down from his purpose. Despite his rank as pirate, he speaks with eloquence and intelligence, which shows that he has a higher education than one would assume from that of a common pirate. He will never admit fear nor defeat, and never backs away from a fight or challenge.
He is not trustworthy and can be quite deceitful at times. But then again, he is a pirate after all so one can not expect much else.

Looks:
source.gif

SINISTER BLACK
tumblr_inline_mw07ysN4Oa1s73t47.gif

"Black!", an elderly crewmember called, making his way towards the First Mate, Sinister Black, who was casually steering the well-known pirate ship 'The Ghost'.
"What is it, Fatneck?", Sinister asked, running his hand through his dark hair whilst looking out onto the horizon.
"Capt'n wants to talk to ya, matey. I'd better go'n get down in a hurry, he seem'd to be grumpy."
"When isn't he?", the First Mate replied, chuckling softly.
The other man laughed as well, all the ugly scars in his face stretching out.
"Take over.", Sin mumbled, handing the steer over to his crew mate before walking down the stairs onto the deck.
He walked over the bridge, walking down some more steps until he stopped in front of a wooden door. After having banged against it a couple of times, he just opened it and walked into the Captain's Cabin.

"Great to have you finally arriving.", the Captain growled, a deep frown on his face as he turned to face his most trusted crew member, the First Mate.
"You know that Fatneck isn't the fastest.", Sinister replied, imitating the elderly crew member who had told Sin to get down, winking.
"You are."
Black just rolled his eyes, to which the Captain did the same before walking over to the table in the middle of the cabin, a huge map folded out on it.
"Where are we?", the latter asked, Sinister walking over as well and pointing at a precise spot in a huge, blue area - obviously the ocean - which lay just in front of an island.
"Almost in Astoria's bay."
The Captain nodded.
"Keep course."
Sinister frowned, turning once more to the map.
"What are we even looking for in Astoria? There are more Royal Guards on that island than on any other we know. I know there's lots to be taken, but I'm unsure about our crew's capability of taking down all those guards."
"We're not in Astoria for gold, but for something even richer. , the Captain replied, turning away from the table and walking over to his old, half-broken down desk. The man opened one of its drawers, rummaging around in it for a moment before finally walking back to the table, putting quite an old roll of paper on it.
"We're in Astoria for this. , he pointed at the piece of paper, crossing his arms.
"And what's that?", Sinister asked, unrolling it so he could read it.
It was extremely rare to find a pirate who was able to read, write or calculate. Let alone be able to do all three.
Sinister was one of them.

"Captain, that's nothing but a myth.", the First Mate mumbled after he'd finished reading the parchment, a deep frown on his face.
The Captain just shook his head.
"That's what I first thought as well. However when we were on that island Zarona, I'd heard some drunkards talk about it."
"So?"
"They'd apparently found out everything about that Queen Rosella, and they traced down her bloodline."
"Yeah, again, so?"
"There is one descendant left. He's Astoria's prince."

Sinister just raised an eyebrow, not quite convinced of the entire thing.
"And you want our crew to risk their lives only to kill some prince?"
"We're not gonna kill him - just yet. We need him to solve the riddle, so we can go on to the next one."
"Riddle? You think that guy will be able to solve that riddle, which will then lead us to the next ones?"
The Captain just agreed with another nod.
"Cap, there are five riddles in total, which will lead us to the final destination - where we'll presumably find that 'treasure' - that is, if it's not some stupid legend made up by some drunkards."
The Captain smirked at his First Mate, turning to one of his windows.
"Trust me, Sin, it is real."

"If you say so, Cap.", Sinister replied, rolling his eyes. "Then I'll tell the crew to prepare to board Astoria, and make them get ready for the battle."

Cyril

"Cyril! Are you almost finished with the wood! I need to start cooking"

Cyril jumped up from the ground and immediately started looking for the axe as he heard his stepmother yell from the house. Once again he gotten off task, this time being intrigued by a flower he hadn't seen before in his previous expeditions.

Aha! There it is, Cyril thought as he spotted the axe. Grabbing it, he went into the forest to find a suitable tree, telling himself, "Not too big and not too small!"

After about thirty minutes, Cyril had finished, which allowed him about an hour of free time before he was expected in the house for dinner. He went into the woods and climbed one of the trees. After reaching the top, he watched as the sun began to set over the seas. Watching he couldn't help but feel a little melancholy.

There's so much more out there ... Cyril thought to himself. If it wasn't for his stepmother, he would have just left and went on an adventure, but she'd never be able to survive without him. Not after the death of his father.

Sitting back on the tree branch, Cyril decided to take a quick nap, knowing his stepmom would come to get him when it was time.

(I have to go to school, but I'll definitely be on at 1 [in 5 hours] but depending on my teachers, I might be on before)

Sean_o'donnell.jpg

SINISTER BLACK
giphy.gif

"All hands on deck!", Sinister called, holding himself on the ropes next to the sail, an excited smirk on his face. The men were all soon standing on deck, looking up at the First Mate with confused expressions on their faces.
"Black, what're we doin' here, mate?", one of them called, followed by some chatter of a few others. Sinister made them shut up with a flick of his hand.
"Mates, we're now in Astoria's bay. Here lives a preppy young prince which we will soon have on our ship."
The men cheered, some already taking out their swords.
"Once the sun has set and the night begins, we'll attack."

Once the sun had set, and the entire island had gone to bed - it was time for the pirates to attack. They'd been quick. Nobody had noticed them getting onto the island.
They had slipped through the city, like ghosts, and had made their way into the castle.
Even though Astoria was known for having many guards, they were quite easily taken down or distracted, so most of the crew could go and seek the prince fairly easily.

Sinister had made his way into some huge room, a large table in the middle. Probably a dining room.
Just as he thought there was nobody in the room, two guards came running towards him. They had come through a door which lead outside, probably into the garden.
"How nice of you to join me.", Sin laughed, drawing his sword. "Care to tell me where your precious prince is, or are you both willing to take that to the grave? Choice is all yours, mates."
An elderly man, obviously head of security, drew his sword as well and pointed it at the pirate.
"Never."
"Oh, how noble we are today. Want me to bow down for you as well?", Sinister joked, finding it all too funny how those Royal Guards always thought they'd be able to protect what they were guarding.

"Let's then get this over with as quickly as possible, 'kay?"

Cyril

Although it was in the middle of the night, Cyril was awake. He was reading one of the many books he had due to it being one of the few things he was allowed to do. For some reason, his stepmother forbid him from going to the village, especially the one connecting directly to the castle. As such, he respected her demands and never went on the other side of the forest.

The current book he had was about a boy who finds out he's a wizard and then starts going to this wizard school. As he read it, Cyril couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to find out something that changed your entire life. Boy would he give anything to have a bearded man (hopefully a hot one) tell him he was a wizard or something.

As he finished the last few pages, he heard his door burst open. Looking behind him, he saw his stepmother carrying a suitcase. She threw it on the bed and began throwing some of Cyril's clothes inside.

Looking confused, Cyril asked, "Mom? What are you doing?"

Cyril's stepmother looked at him for a brief moment before continuing to pack, "No time to explain. We need to pack up and go now though."

Before Cyril could ask anything else, his stepmother gave him a look and then ran out of the room. Knowing what the look meant, Cyril sighed and began packing his suitcase. After a few minutes, he had finished, though if you looked inside, you'd see he took out most of the clothes and replaced them with food.

Grabbing the suitcase, he stepped out of his room, calling out, "Mom! I'm finished!"

Rounding the corner, Cyril saw his stepmom and she said, "Good. Now we need t-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she passed out. Cyril's eyes widened as he ran over and checked on her, "Mom! Are you oka-"

As he tried to ask a question, he felt a giant arm wrap around his neck. As he started to lose conciousness, the last words he heard was, "Good Night, prince"

sean_odonnell-jpg.438314

Users who are viewing this thread

Back