• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Seasons Greetings (Closed)

Israel

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The sound of an alarm clock went off in Asher’s flat, who was currently snuggled between two warm bodies. He was laying on his side with his arms wrapped around Sterling. Meanwhile Daniel was pressed against his back. The constant sound of the alarm starting to get on Asher’s nerves. “Too early.” The dark-haired man groaned awake. He clumsily reached across Sterling to turn the alarm off. After a couple of missed strikes with his hand, the alarm finally turned off when he managed to press the “OFF” button. “Ugh. Please say I have amnesia and we already went and visited my parents.” He mumbled to his two significant others. He made no attempt to get up, not wanting to leave the comfortable warmth of Sterling and Daniel.

OOC: Ah, just quick clarification: Who's playing the closeted character? Also, I meant to ask, how long are we assuming they’ve been together?

IC:

Sterling likewise had woken at the sound of the alarm, but she simply blocked out the sound, and was more than content to lay there, heedless of the noise, and pretend to still be asleep so the moment didn’t have to end. Aqua blue eyes opened though at the sound of Asher's voice, and she tilted her head just the slightest bit to look up at him.

"Unfortunately not," she murmured, her voice barely audible, still quiet from being freshly roused. She reached forward to kiss his cheek. "It’ll be okay, I promise. One way or another, we'll make things work. Always have, always will."

Daniel wrapped an arm around Asher once the younger man finally turned off the alarm. For once, he was content with staying in bed and cuddling his partners rather than getting up to start his schoolwork for the day. “Mhmm,” he murmured in agreement to Sterling’s reassuring words to Asher even though he was nervous himself.

Their relationship was by no means ordinary, something Daniel still got anxious about when someone asked about his relationship status. But then he would quickly remembered how happy both Asher and Sterling made him and then it wouldn’t matter what other people thought.

“When are we leaving again?” he asked, sleep still ever present in his voice. If they were going to stay in bed longer, Daniel would probably fall back asleep.

"I don't know, but we should probably get up so we don't risk falling asleep again," Sterling suggested, and reluctantly sat up, brushing her hair away from her face and combing it back with long, slender fingers. She’d have been happy to just lay there with her partners forever, but she couldn’t afford to. There was much to do that day.

OOC: Sorry for the short post! In a meeting

Asher smiled at the kiss on his cheek, finding some small consolation of confidence. He knew that even if his family found the situation odd, that they would still probably like Sterling and Daniel. He draped his arms around Sterling to keep in her place. "Well before the traffic gets bad." He answered Daniel's question. His family lived closer to the center of the city, which wasn't too bad of a drive except for the congestion and traffic. "You both know I love you, right? No matter what my family says that won't change the fact." He reassured them both, but he himself didn't know how his family would react. They had accepted him as bisexual when he came out of eighteen. They also helped with organizing their synagogue's PFLAG chapter. However, the whole polyamorous thing was another pill to swallow.

Sterling smiled just from the corner of her lip, an ever-so-rare gesture from the young woman, but those words were always the sweetest to hear. The words that made her smile. "I love you too," she promised. "And everything will be okay. Whatever your family says doesn’t change who we are or what we do." Sterling's gaze drifted between Daniel and Asher. "We're honestly so lucky we can make something like this work, even if it’s not widely accepted, and I’m proud to be with you."

Daniel kissed the top of Asher’s head before propping his head up with his arms. He wanted to meet his eyes before speaking his next words. “I love you too,” he said, wanting to be as reassuring as possible. They’ve all been together long enough that he was confident about their relationship, but he could understand how nerve wracking it could be to let others know, especially when it came to family members. “It’s going to take a lot more than your family to tear what we have apart.”

When he glanced up at Sterling, he couldn’t help but smile when he saw hers. It was rare to see such an expression on his more serious partner’s face. He reached over to grab her hand, trying to pull her back into bed with him and Asher. Sure, the earlier they got ready, the less traffic they would have to deal with, but they could at least be lazy for a little longer.

Sterling knew on some level she should’ve protested. Normally she would’ve, being a more or less early riser, but with their anxiety about what was ahead, and snuggled up with the two, juuuuuust for once she had no issue being pulled back down to rest again, though made sure not to allow her eyes to close for fear that she may in fact fall asleep all over again. Daniel's smile when he met her eyes told her the hint of her own smile had not been missed, try as she may to conceal emotion. These two were different from anyone else though, in all the best ways.

The raven haired woman laced her fingers together with Daniel's when he reached for her hand. "Okay okay, just for a little longer. I wish we could stay here, like this, all day, but we can’t." We can surely afford ourselves just a few more minutes though. That’s not too much to ask, I’m sure.

Asher's hands were gently on Sterling's stomach, lightly making random patterns with his fingers. He wasn't sure why he did it, but it did give him some comfort. Sterling was just... soft and it honestly mesmerized the young man. Asher could feel movement from Daniel and he turned to give the other male his attention. The young man leaned up and met the other man's mouth. He knew that he probably didn't have the best morning breath, but he couldn't help but be affectionate towards his boyfriend and girlfriend. Asher's mouth made its way down: kissing Daniel's chin and then his throat near the Adam's apple. Meanwhile his hands were still making slow patterns on Sterling. He turned his attention to Sterling when she spoke and he couldn't help but sigh. "Guess you're right." Albeit, he wasn't going to be the first to move due to being in the middle. He always liked being in the middle, call it selfish but he liked having the best of both worlds. He loved feeling the soft and smaller figure of Sterling laying against or close to his chest. He also loved the feeling of Daniel's more muscular frame pressed against his back and he felt more safe.

The feeling of Asher's fingers tracing undetermined patterns along her stomach tickled a bit, but not in a bad way, and Sterling made no attempt to stop him. The touch was light, yet somehow soothing. She wouldn’t admit it, but she was as nervous as they had already both displayed. If nothing else, she had to stay calm to help keep them calm, and she didn’t mind that in the least. They didn’t have many chances like this, to just curl up together, so she determined to savour it, her hand in Daniel's, her head nestled against Asher's chest. Sterling was rarely a sentimental or openly-affectionate woman, but these two were the most important people in her life, and the people that certainly she trusted the most. It had only been a year, but it had been a year of absolute heaven.

"I'm not saying we have to go right away, it’s just...important that we don’t fall asleep again and sleep through the day, as much as I’m sure all of us would like to," she clarified. Then Asher shifted to give Daniel his attention, moving her head from his chest, but that was okay. Sterling only smiled to herself, internally, the only sign on the surface being a light, soft sparkle forming in her aqua eyes.

Daniel returned the kisses tenderly, humming with contentment. The contact with both his partners helped calmed his nerves down and he hoped he was doing the same for two of them. He couldn’t help but feel accomplished when Sterling started to lay back down again. Daniel squeezed her hand approvingly. It was the holiday season, and he was feeling a bit indulgent. Considering all of their schedules, it was hard to have a simple lazy morning sometimes. Why not enjoy it as much as they could?

“It’s our day off. We should be able to do what we want,” he whined almost petulantly, but only jokingly so. He knew that they all had to get up eventually. On top of that, Daniel didn’t want to be late. That would certainly make a bad first impression and that was the last thing he wanted for Asher; he wanted everything to go as smoothly as possible.

Even to her own surprise, this drew a laugh from Sterling, a quiet, light sound, but present nonetheless. "It’s true we can afford ourselves extra time now," she agreed. "But we need to be in good enough shape, awake and alert enough for when we meet Asher's parents. We don’t want to come across late and lazy, do we?" She pointed out, raising an eyebrow. At least, that most certainly was not how she wanted to come across.

Asher certainly wouldn't mind staying in the embrace of his boyfriend and girlfriend, but he knew they would eventually have to get up. "We can blame the traffic and who says we need to fall back asleep." He turned his gaze towards Sterling before placing a small kiss on her forehead. No doubt the dark-haired man was very affectionate and he worried about that when in front of the different families. He liked holding their hands or sneaking in small kisses around them, but would he be able to do that in front of his own family (let alone his partners' families). While affectionate, he was all too easy to embarrass. "Which reminds me. If my mom brings out the photobooks, please don't judge me." His face was turning a slight bit of pink at the mentioning of photobooks. His mother, while a very sweet and caring person, would bring out the photobooks of him growing up to many people: his friends, family members, and even neighbors. He could only imagine that she would be all too thrilled to show Sterling and Daniel the "books."

Sterling was hardly a fan of tardiness overall, but for once she didn’t argue. Partially because she expected it’d be of some comfort to Asher to think that way, and partially because of the kiss to her forehead being sweet.

"I won't judge," she promised, reaching over to kiss his cheek softly. "Like I said, nothing about this trip will change our minds about you."

Daniel's smile couldn't help but get wider when he heard Sterling's soft laugh. It was a beautiful laugh and he wished he could hear it more often. He always though he was a serious person until he met Sterling. She had him beat by miles, but it made him pleased that he and Asher could pull these moments out of her, when she could let loose a little.

"Are we going to see a bunch of cute lil Asher photos?" he teased his boyfriend. Daniel could only imagine what kind of photos were collected of Asher throughout the years if his mom had whole bookworth. Granted, his mom also did the same with him so he could empathize with the sentiment. Being the eldest, his parents would often take a bunch of 'firsts' photos for him that they didn't necessarily do with his younger siblings since the novelty wore off.

Sterling didn’t miss Daniel's smile, however small it was, directed at her, and allowed herself just for a moment to catch his eye. That day was far from the first time she’d had the thought, but she still always marvelled at it, especially coming from a place of relative lonesomeness in the past. How on earth did I- did WE- get so lucky?

"And then some. I think my mom would still be taking them if I hadn't moved out." Asher responded to his boyfriend. While it certainly did come off as a joke, there was no doubt in Asher's mind that his mother would continue taking photos. "Depending on if she accepts it, we may have to deal with being bombarded with a camera." Again a bit of a joke, but also half-serious. Everything will be fine, everything will be fine... The dark-haired man couldn't help but repeat in his head.

He decided that he had spent too much time dwelling on what could possibly happen. He couldn't help but catch the look that Sterling was giving them. With a quick wrapping of his arms and turning onto his back, she was on top of him and they could both face Daniel. "Penny for your thoughts." He smiled innocently, arms still wrapped around her waist. Often times he had difficulty reading both of his significant others' reactions. While he was getting better at reading in between the lines and them becoming more comfortable showing their emotions. They were so much more calculated and serious than Asher, it often made him feel like he was too immature for them.

OOC: Ah jeez, this didn’t show up in notifs, sorry!

IC:

Sterling raised an eyebrow. "Well then isn’t it a wonderful thing you two are so handsome for the camera? Perfect in every conceivable way," she decided. She herself wasn’t a fan of having her picture taken, not from self-consciousness, necessarily, but rather from a place of it meaning there was a standing record of her that could hypothetically- unlikely as it was- get back to the family she had left behind.

Sterling rolled with Asher to allow him to pull her up and wrap his arms around her. It was rare to see such a relationship with such affection between all parties to her knowledge, but that made it all the more precious in her opinion. She wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back