• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern SCPD: To Serve and Protect

Gobbo

Tactical Goat

Remember_Me_Concept_Art_by_Paul_Chadeisson_14b.jpg

Shadow City

Shadow City, so named because of the eternal twilight cast on the towering spires and dank streets, is a place that exists neither in light or darkness. Somewhere between the waking world and the sleeping one this city thrives, filled to bursting with denizens only seen in fairytales or nightmares. The city is a dangerous place, where one wrong move will mean certain death, if you're lucky. There are far worse fates than death here, and there is only one line of defense between the law-abiding citizens and those that allow madness to overpower them.

The SCPD.

An elite group of law enforcement officers, whose sole purpose is to find and stop those that would violate the rules of the City of Twilight. It's a hard job, and a thankless one, but they're the only reason the city still stands.

Another beautiful day in Shadow City. Well, day-ish. It was also raining. Not so beautiful then.

Moloch strode quickly through the streets, the rain causing steam to rise from his body with each drop that hit. He hated the rain, and he hated the commute from his dingy apartment to the station, but it was better than living out in this muck. He made his way quickly through a crowd of vampires that were feeding on... something, shoving his way through as he turned the corner. He could see the station ahead of him and sighed quietly, his cigarette soaked through. He tossed it to the side as he walked inside, pausing a moment to heat his body enough to dry off. Running his hand through his hair he sighed, pulling out a fresh cigarette as he walked over to his desk. Once again, it was covered in paperwork, one of his -favorite- things. He shook his head and lit his smoke, sitting down to start going through his work.

He finally came across a note that was half buried on his desk, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Moloch, you've got a new trainee today. Don't fuck this up again."

With a shake of his head he crumbled the piece of paper up and threw it away, a plume of smoke curling from his lips. The chief didn't seem to trust him with the new people, not since the last time...

Eris Reece

Mood: "Enough with the rain already!"

She honestly didn't mind the rain when it was only once in a blue moon. Consistent rain though.... it was a pain in the ass to say the least. Eris tugged the hood of her jacket forward slightly. A wind current circled around her making it harder for the rain to actually hit her, it was a small trick she had learned early on and had come in handy quite a few times. Especially whens he didn't want to smell like wet dog.

The lights of the station became visible which made Eris somewhat glad her trek was over, she had to take two trains to get this far. She could have taken a bus but that would have just wasted time. She was trying to make a good impression on who ever her mentor was supposed to be. The training hadn't been too hard but there was a huge difference between Academy training and actual field work. The hybrid hummed softly to herself to distracted from her annoyance at the rain. The hair on the back of her neck bristled slightly as she glanced to her side and noticed a rather creepy looking guy staring at her.

Amber eyes narrowed into a glare as her eyes almost glowed dimly. Vamps were common in the city which irritated the crap out of her. It was bad enough they existed in the first place. The dead should honestly stay dead. She noticed the man starting to move and let out a feral growl and the wind around her to strengthen making a small visible cyclone. causing him to think twice before trying to score a quick meal.

Confrontation avoided Eris quickened her pace and made it to the station. The cyclone around her died down leaving only a light mist of water covering the surface of her hooded long coat. The girl brushed the hood back allowing her crimson locks free as she approached the desk. "I'm meeting with a... Moloch."

The woman quirked a brow before shaking her head and pointing to an office door. "Over there, he should be in already."

Eris nodded slightly and made her way over to the door and knocked. She had made the mistake once before of just opening a door to someone's office and wasn't exactly too fond of what had been behind the door. Nor was she a fan of the screaming that came after.

"This one here.. no. That's not right. But the compound should stabilize. Shouldn't it?" Hunched over a cluttered desk littered with papers and various knick-knacks, illuminated only by a small, flickering desk lamp, Adam Lamont feverishly jotted down note after note as his experimental tests were unraveling before him. He raised his pencil to his lips and started gnawing on the end, a quizzical look coming over him. "I swear, if I don't get this stupid thing figured out soon I'm liable to shoot myself." He sighed, setting the notepad and pencil down, deciding on taking a much needed break from his incessant studies.

Heading over to the coffee maker, he set out two cups and filled them both to the brim. Once full, he proceeded over to the desk of his colleague Moloch, setting down one of the cups in front of him. "You look like you were pushed into a pool." He pulled up a chair and sat down beside him, taking a sip of his coffee. "No sugar. Black as your heart. Y'know.. earthy," he mused. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, drawing his attention to it. "Wonder who that could be."

Last edited by a moderator:
Moloch sighed quietly and looked at the coffee, taking a long drink. "I feel like I was pushed into a pool. I hate this fucking rain..." he said quietly, looking at the papers on his desk. "What's it been now? Three weeks going? I just want it to end, I'm sick of it already." He looked over at him with a little smirk.

"How's the work going? Blow anything up today?" He was distracted by the knocking, looking up at the door.

"Yeah? What is it?" he asked gruffly, standing and moving over to the door. He opened it and stared at the girl for a moment, taking a long drag from his cigarette.

"You the newbie?" he asked, leaving the door open for her as he moved to clear off the chair on the other side of his desk.

"I'm Moloch, resident demon and professional asshole. Nice to meet you." he said flatly, taking a seat in his chair.

Eris heard two voices inside the office and wondered if she was interrupting a conversation or something. She looked up as the door opened her nose automaticly scrunching at the smell of smoke. Wonderful... She glanced over the man who opened the door the distinct scent of brimstone lingering faintly around him told her what he was before he even spoke. There was another scent in the room, an earthy one. Amber eyes flickered over to the other man in the room before back to the man who introduced himself as Moloch. At least he was honest off the bat. She entered the room nodding slightly. "Nice to meet you as well, I'm Eris Reece." She introduced

Adam peered curiously over as Moloch opened the door. A girl stood before the demon, looking positively thrilled. 'Newbie, hmm,' he thought to himself. He pulled himself from his chair, moving beside Moloch, placing his left hand in the pocket of his suit pants and letting his right bring another sip of bitter deliciousness to him. He smiled at the woman, analyzing her all the while. "I'm Adam. Adam Lamont. I'm not sure titles are appropriate. But its a pleasure all the same."

Moloch looked over at Adam for a moment, narrowing his eyes a bit. "My rookie, my office. Don't you have work to do?" he asked quietly. It wasn't that he didn't like having Adam around, he just didn't like people hovering over his shoulder when he was supposed to work.

"Eris, huh?" he said, shuffling through his papers. "Says here you're a werewolf, you're trained in wind magic, and you're a decent shot. Well, might as well get you acquainted with the rest of these morons you'll be working with..." he said, taking her file and standing.

"He's a Demigod that likes to play with rocks. Don't mind him, he may be 'simple', but he's an alright guy." he said with a little smirk, leading her out of his office. The other officers were working on cases or doing paperwork, though several of them looked up when they saw her.

"Might as well head down to the training range, so we can see what you can do. What weapons do you prefer to use?"

Eris nodded slightly towards the other male in the room. "Nice to meet you as well." She replied. A demigod? That was new. From the minor bits of interactions she got the young woman picked up on an interesting dynamic to say the least. She followed Maloch through the station h glancing around at the busy people inside. This was probably only half of the actual force there as no telling how many were actually out on the streets. Still with a sizable force there was still a whole host of city wide issues. One wondered why anyone would even live here. She glanced over to Maloch as he questioned her weapon preference. "Guns mostly, Pistols preferably since they are easy to hide and quick to load. I have a FN-57 but I've trained in other types as well."

Adam chuckled at Moloch's retort, taking another sip of his coffee and turning on his heel. "Very well, I'll leave you to it." Adam retreated back to his desk, setting his cup down to fumble with his experiments once more.

Moloch nodded, glancing over at one of the no-faced demons that seemed to be staring at her.

"Gary! Get the fuck back to work." he growled, leading her back towards the shooting range. The demon quickly snapped his head back down to his papers, at least until Moloch and the new girl were gone.

"You're probably going to get hit on quite a bit. It's rare to find a female here that isn't either dripping with some sort of acidic substance or will kill you with a thought." he explained, opening the door to the shooting range. It was empty, luckily.

"Do you have your own weapon?" he asked, reaching under his jacket. He pulled out his own weapon, a 3 cylinder .50 caliber revolver. He set it on the counter in front of him with a heavy thud, pulling out a few rounds and loading it.

Eris wasn't much bothered by the staring, she had gotten used to it either because they found her weird or they found her attractive. She shrugged slightly. "So long as they don't touch I don't mind." She muttered glancing back to the demon with no face. It was nice to see the shooting range empty, the ones she normally practice at was full most times."yes I have my own." She replied reaching under her coat and pulling out a pair of FN-57. Loading the clips fairly quickly.

Moloch nodded, thinking for a moment. "Alright, I'll lay some targets out for you, we'll see how you do." he said, stringing up some paper targets and sending them out to different distances, the furthest being almost a hundred yards out.

"Just fire off some rounds and let me know when you're done." he said as he strung up his own targets. He sent his out even further, the closest being at the same distance as her furthest one was. Loading up the rounds he spun the chamber, locking it in place.

"I'd recommend hearing protection. These rounds aren't quiet." he said with a small smirk, leveling his gun downrange. The resulting squeeze of the trigger set off an ear-shattering BOOM, the force of the sound enough to shake the concrete walls of the shooting range. The first target's head was ripped cleanly off, as were the next two with his subsequent shots.

He hardly flinched from the recoil, despite the fact that he was using rounds normally reserved for long range sniper rifles. Letting out a satisfied sigh he lit up a cigarette, setting the still-smoking gun on the counter.

"Fuck, that's better than sex..."

"Alright" She muttered as he strung up the targets. she slipped on a pair of sound dampeners normally worn when training. Honestly her enhanced senses were great but they definitely had their drawbacks. She picked up both guns and scanned over the targets. Easy enough. She set to line up her shots when she heard a thunderous sound even with the headset on which surprised her quite a bit. She was starting to wonder if she was going to be deaf by the end of her apprenticeship. Refocusing Eris took aim and fired. Two shots from each pistol in quick succession. Each bullet hit its mark striking dead center of each target.

The demon glanced over at her targets, smirking slightly as he hit the button to pull them back over. "Nice shooting. So, you can handle a weapon, that's good. You wouldn't get very far if you couldn't." he said, sliding his revolver back in the holster.

"So, what made you want to get into law enforcement? It's not an easy job." he said, pulling what was left of his targets off the stands.

"There's a very good chance you'll get yourself killed fairly early on, after all." He moved to leave the shooting range and head towards the locker room, pushing past a rather large ogre that was blocking the way.

"Andrew, remember what I said about spatial awareness?" he asked sharply, the ogre looking down at him.

"Well, make the fuckin' hallways bigger! It's not my fault if I block off shit." he said, giving Moloch a hearty pat on the back. It knocked him forward a bit, making him stumble.

"You think we have the budget for that? Take it up with the chief if it's such a big problem." he said with a little smirk and a shake of his head. He moved into the locker room and directed her to her locker, leaning up against the others.

"This one's yours. Your uniform, kevlar, and wards are inside. Go ahead and get changed, and we'll get you started on your first case."

"Cause it was something to do?" She replied with a slight shrug. " Honestly I just rather be able to punch someone out... and not get in trouble for it." The wolf added as she slipped her gun back into their holsters. She wasn't quite sure of what he would think of her answer but it was the truth. Eris wasn't a self sacrificing hero. With so much going wrong around the city it was only a matter of time before she got pissed off and killed someone off. Better to do it as a cop than to be arrested or hunted down. Eris watched the Ogre wordlessly for once glad about her size. She never much had to worry about any area being to small for her, though many tended to over look her completely. Hey it got her out of tight spots. She followed the demon over to the lockers a bit surprised that there was already one for her with armor and all. "Uh thanks." Eris spoke up opening the locker, "First case? What is it?" she questioned curiously.

Moloch slid his hands through his hair, his horns just barely peeking out.

"Oh, some bullshit. Some of the gangs are creating a drug that causes werewolves to change against their will and go berserk. In other species it works just like a hallucinogen, but some werewolves got into the batch. Last incident we had, the guy killed fifteen civilians before throwing himself in front of a train. It was a paperwork nightmare." he explained.

"Anyways, we have a few leads on where they're cooking this crap. Whenever Adam's done getting his rocks off we'll head out. Meet me in my office when you're done changing, and I'll give you the details of the case."

He smiled a bit, clapping her lightly on the shoulder before walking back towards his office.

"By the way, I got into this line of work for the same reason. I think you'll like it here."

Eris quirked a brow at the mention of the drug bust and was feeling slightly hesitant about it. "Yeah I heard about that, it was messy" She muttered. The drug was rumored along the street but it was something that she was avoiding like the plague. Being a mixed blood it was never certain what the effects would be. Now she was supposed to go into a drug ring, great. hopefully thing wouldn't get too out of hand. The only saving grace was the drug only worked when injected so it wasn't a risk just being around the drug. She nodded to Moloch before grabbing her gear and changing into it. She was never much one for uniforms however this one she didn't mind as much given that it was protective. In the back of her mind she wondered what would happen if she shifted but that would have to be tested another time.

Pulling her coat back on and leaving the rest of belongings in the locker Eris made her way back to the demons office.

Moloch headed back to his office, taking a seat. He pulled out the file on the drug bust and sighed quietly, lighting up his cigarette as he sipped at his lukewarm coffee. It wasn't going to be easy, but it seemed like Eris could handle herself.

"Here you go, the file on the drug ring." he said, handing her the file. "You fill out a uniform nicely, by the way. Anyways, this is going to be fairly straightforward. We don't know where the main production plant is, but we can raid one of these smaller distribution labs and get the information out of them. It's mostly run by lesser demons, so it shouldn't be a problem getting the locations out of them."

Eris accepted and looked over the file she was given as she sat across from Maloch. Her gaze flickered over to the demon as he commented on the uniform "uh. Thanks." She replied before scanning over the information she was given. "Sounds simple enough... anyone she should be looking for specifically?" she questioned. The last thing she wanted to do was kill or nearly kill and important contact. The last thing she wanted to do was botch up her first mission.

"Yes. And no." Adam said, pulling up a seat beside Moloch's desk. "We haven't been able to pin a VIP target, but that's because there most likely isn't a big boss in the area. That being said, there are a few higher ranked thugs who have connections. Mr. Moloch will have their files, won't he?" He chuckled, glancing at the demon, then to Eris. "I anticipate we won't find anything concrete. The local dealers have either been very good at keeping quiet or.. well.. they may be in the dark all together. I find the latter to be far more concerning."

Moloch dug through another stack of papers, pulling out three photographs. "These are the leaders of this particular ring. Especially keep an eye out for this one." he said, pointing to a gruff looking demon with a broken horn. "I hope they're not being kept in the dark, I'd hate to risk my life for another dead end." he said with a little sigh, looking over at Adam. "Like that kidnapping case a few years back. Rock-solid lead my red ass." he said bitterly, finishing the last of his coffee.

"Well, time's wasting. Might as well throw the newbie in head-first." he smirked slightly, standing.

"Your car or mine?" he asked Adam, looking over at him.

Eris looked over the pictures shown to her committing them to memory. Even if the chances were low on encountering them she still wanted to be prepared. "Lack of information is always irritating but not everything can be accounted for." She muttered glancing between the two older beings. She was curious as to these past cases that were bring brought up but didn't feel like it was her place to ask. At least not yet. Eris was still testing the waters to see how things would play out with this new dynamic.

"Perhaps if you'd interrogated the suspect a little less violently, he might've cooperated more," Adam laughed. He took one last sip of his drink, then stood up, pulling his keys from his left pocket. "I'll do the driving, I think. You want to train the rookie. Not mutilate her horribly." Adam flashed a wink at Eris and headed out the door.

Shifting through the hall leading out back, he brought them to the parking lot where a shiny, black 4-door sedan was awaiting them. He clicked the button on his keys to remotely unlock it. Getting into his driver side seat, he started up the car and gave his mirrors a quick adjustment. "Where to?"

Moloch grumbled under his breath, following Adam out to the car. "Look, I did what I had to. Maybe pulling out his tongue was a bad idea in hindsight, but at the time it seemed like the thing to do. He still had one good working hand, he could have written it down." he explained, sliding his hands into his coat pockets.

"Hey, when I drive, nobody inside the car gets hurt. I can't be held responsible for the actions of pedestrians." He got in the car, pulling up an address.

"It's here, in the industrial district. They're using an old metal refinery to make this shit." He sighed and leaned back in his seat, looking back at Eris.

"I want you to stick close to us. Places like this tend to be booby trapped to high hell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back