Idea Scion of the Flames

Fluxbauble

I have this idea but I'm not really sure what I want out of this. I just had this idea after watching an episode of Kamen Rider Wizard and then suddenly I was off to the races. Here's what I have written. Mind you I'm no great writer and most of it is just explaining the different types of characters I had thought about. It was very spur of the moment and so a lot of it might not make sense. But if you're willing to help me make sense of this I'd be glad to hear any input.​

The Scorchlands. The personification of the desolation and beauty of fire. A region known for its various active volcanoes that erupt without warning. The land bleeds endlessly from them creating rivers of molten magma that shape the very earth. Geysers of steam and fire bellow out from beneath, as if a dragon huffing in frustration. Cracks in the ground are ever present as scorch marks dote the land like battle scars that never fade. Among the scorched earth and lava ponds however, life thrives. The ashes from the volcanoes provide fertile lands. Where lava meets water new land is formed for cultivation. Gems of brilliant sheen is found for those brave enough to look. Where there is death there is also rebirth. Beauty intermingled with danger.

As life thrived in the Scorchlands, three beings rose to power. Three pillars of power who claim dominance over the Scorchlands. Blessed are they for fire has granted them a gift. A boon signifying their right to sit atop Mount Huo and proclaim themselves Scion of the Flames.

The Dragons - Blessed with the Flames of Destruction. Fire’s wrath in its purest form personified. Dragons are powerful beings clad in armored scales and able to take to the skies on mighty, leathery wings. Their very presence strikes both fear and awe among all who see them. Majestic as they may be dragons are warriors of claw and fang and flame alike. Dragons have the unique ability to breathe mighty gouts of fire thanks to the flame’s blessing. Their flames are the most powerful among the three pillars, able to melt stone and metal alike with relative ease leaving nothing but destruction in their wake. As dragons are much too large to survive for long in the Scorchlands, they have adapted a smaller, more humanoid form to conserve their strength. In their humanoid form they tend to still have draconian features such as vertically slit pupils, scales covering their forearms and lower legs, and claws where hands and feet would be. Though even in their human forms, dragons never cease to improve their military might. Though crude in design their weapons and armor serve well enough to hunt and defend their borders. Though most dragons would rather use their claws than weapons they continue to train with them nevertheless to ensure their strength never wavers in the face of an enemy.

The Phoenixes - Blessed with the Flames of Renewal. All things return to ash and from the ashes a new life is born. That is the way of the phoenix. Phoenixes are graceful and radiant avian whose plumage evokes the image of moving flames. Lords of the sky and sun, phoenixes are equally beautiful as they are deadly. Though not as powerful as the dragons, they are much more agile and thus strike swiftly and true during the hunt. In times of great need a phoenix may call upon their flame and cloak themselves in it providing both protection and added offensive power. Phoenixes are blessed with the gift of renewal. When a phoenix dies their body returns to the earth as ash. After some time the phoenix will rise from the ashes anew. In this way a phoenix never truly dies, but is instead given a new life to live instead. This renewal also grants the phoenix the knowledge of their previous incarnation thus granting them greater insight for the future. Phoenixes are not immortal however. Just like a flame, they too have a finite amount of lifeforce before they can no longer return. This is determined by the plumage color of the phoenix. As the plumage turns from fiery hues to ashen greys the phoenix draws closer to returning to ash permanently. To help pass on their vast knowledge, phoenixes have taken on a human form to chronicle their lives. Phoenixes in human form tend to have slender frames with their hair similarly colored to their plumage. Their eyes tend to be sharp and narrow much like their avian forms and their feet tend to remain avian in appearance as well.

The Salamanders - Blessed with the Flames of Creation. A spark into a flame. A flame into an inferno. That inferno is ingenuity. Salamanders are amphibians with lizard like appearances often patterned with star like spots on their bodies of vibrant colors of yellow, orange, or red. Unable to fly like the other two pillars, Salamanders have claimed dominion of the land and have learned to adapt to the harsh conditions. The weakest of the three pillars in terms of raw power, Salamanders have adopted a stance of passive-aggression towards others. But do not let their stance on violence fool you. Salamanders have been blessed with cunning intellect and wisdom. They make up for their fragility with tactics not thought of by other species. Plotting and scheming ways to outsmart and outlast their prey before delivering the finishing strike. Salamanders may call upon their flame to protect them from harm by extinguishing other flames that come in contact with them. Though cunning in their primal form, Salamanders burn brightest in their human form. It is then the flames of creation are truly shown. Salamanders are master craftsmen. To further compensate for their weaknesses they have built weapons and armor to defend themselves against claw and fang. They have even constructed large devices known as “Siege Engines” to help bring down larger foes.

And that about sums it up for what I have so far. I was gonna go into greater detail of each race like their culture and how they interact with the other pillars and lesser races. But since I couldn't figure out where I wanted this idea to go I thought it best to just hold off on that until I have a more concrete idea. I'm not sure if I want this to be a fighting/ quest sort of roleplay or something else. The main idea is that each race has been chosen as a candidate to become the Scion of the Flames which is basically the chosen champion of the Scorchlands. As I was writing this idea out I sort of had an idea of turning this into a much larger world where each region of the world is choosing their respective scion and then those scions would come together and perform some sacred task or ritual. But I wanted to start small and work my way through all that one step at a time. I think I'm getting way ahead of myself, but that's basically my thought process. So uh... yeah.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back