Schooled ((Closed))

Anna723

Previously Rainy
((I'll just post a picture
pretty_girls_with_freckles14_large.jpg
and her name is Heather :) ))

Heather-

Today, my cousin got married. The whole engagement was a really huge deal for her. She'd been dating the guy for about five years before he popped the question. So here I sat at my table in the corner of the ridiculously glamorous room. People danced around in their expensive dresses and tuxedos while I massaged my foot. I was wearing sky high heels and they were killing me! the heat wasn't really helping my dismal mood either. I'd kinda been sitting around by myself for the whole party. I was wearing a lovely blue dress that I only felt slightly uncomfortable in. My hair had long since been taken out of it's up-do. Actually I think I let it down at the reception...

I saw my mother from across the room looking pointedly at me. I rolled my eyes because I knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted me to get up and dance and have fun. I sighed to myself and slipped my shoe back on, standing up. I could use a cold glass of water... I thought to myself as I made my way across the room to the bar.

images
((That's just her dress))

Jason leant casually against one of the decorated pillars of the reception hall, a glass of champagne in his hand. it wasn't that he enjoyed the alcohol, it was just that it had been given to him by one of the rotating waiters and he figured he might as well look like he was doing something while standing there. He wasn't really used to such events. But he'd promised Phil, the groom, that he'd be there. They'd been friends since highschool so when he'd told him that he was getting hitched, Jason had an obligation to be there. He was just one of the groomsmen, not the best man or anything. He'd been asked but had declined, saying Phil's brother should have that honour. Now he was watching everyone dance. A group of children ran past him, giggling and squealing, as children tend to do. He smiled, watching them enjoy themselves. In ten short years those kids would be going through various rebellious phases and trying their parents' patience. He did not envy their parents. He had to deal with his fair share of rebellious teens in his line of work. His gaze was averted as a woman in a dazzling blue dress walked past, looking rather overwhelmed. He wondered about her age. Early twenties maybe? Nineteen at the least surely. He downed the flute of champagne and followed her to the bar, standing casually beside her.

'You alright miss? You seem a little out of sorts.' He said in a slightly concerned tone, flashing her a concerned smile.

Heather-

I arrived at the bar and leaned against it, waiting for the man to stop talking to my grandmother. I turned at the sound of a voice behind me and felt a small smile spread across my face. He was definitely cute...why had I not seen him before? He was probably on the grooms side. I shook my head. "I'm alright." I told him, grabbing on of those little stirring straws and twisting it in my fingers. "I'm just not really a dancer..." I told him, grabbing the fabric on my dress and lifting it just slightly to look down at my evil, painful shoes. I looked back up at him with what-can-you-do kinda shrug. I glanced down and I noticed he had a champagne glass in his hand. So he had to be over 21... I bit my lip. I was only 18...would he think I was a kid or something? I mean it was only a couple years...

I turned to the bar tender and ordered a champagne myself. I gave him a slightly pleading look when he hesitated. He sighed and gave it to me. "Thanks Brad." I was suddenly glad my cousin hired someone I knew as the bartender. Makes things a hell of a lot easier for me. I turned to face him again with the drink in hand and a smile.

Ha. Now I seemed 21. I mean...it wasn't like I'd ever see him again after this party.

Jason flashed her another warm smile as she revealed the heels, which looked as though they would be causing her some serious hell.

'Those shoes look like torture devices. Maybe you should come sit down somewhere? Maybe in a less stifling environment?' He suggested before ordering another drink, figuring he couldn't leave her drinking alone. He raised a slight eyebrow as she thanked the bartender.

'You know him?' He asked, slightly surprised. But then again, it shouldn't surprise him all that much. It wasn't an overly huge town, most people would know each other. Having just over ten thousand in the town made it easy for many people to get to know each other. He wondered how quickly he would settle in. he snapped back out of his wonderings before flashing an apologetic smile, gesturing towards the double doors that led out into a garden area. It was quite a beautiful sight this time of year, with all the flowers in bloom. The decorating crew had strung fairylights along the edges of the bushes and above the building. He wondered if she would take him up on his offer. 'Where are my manners? I'm Jason.' He said with yet another smile.

Heather-

I smiled at him and took a sip of my drink. "Oh yeah...Brads a family friend." I said, I turned slightly and gave an over dramatic wink at Brad. He laughed and shook his head, moving on to the next person.

I started walking towards the doors he was gesturing too. It seemed like a good idea to me. Get away from all the people and loud music. I pushed open the door and took a deep breath when the cooler air drifted over my skin. It felt amazing. The flowers and lights added a lovely touch as well. I hoped no one else would discover it.

There was a bench off the the side and I started for it, looking behind me to make sure Jason was following. "I'm Heather." I told him. "Its nice to meet you." I smiled, stopping before I reached the bench to pull the shoes off. I didn't have a problem walking barefooted in the grass. I plopped myself down and ran a hand through my hair. "So, you're on the grooms side correct?"

Jason nodded, following her and closing the door behind him. Although the garden was open for everyone, they all seemed to be staying inside, which surprised him. Not that he minded. He sat beside her, loosening his tie with one hand so that it hung limply around his neck. No need to look so formal now, he thought, not now that the formal part is over and the festivities have begun.

'Yeah, Phil and I have been friends for years. he wanted me to be the best man, but Ifelt it was his brother's right to have that position.' He shrugged, sipping his drink calmly. He quite liked it out here. It was peaceful. And the glass doors somehow managed to drown out most of the noise from inside, which added an extra bonus. He couldn't stand being caught in such a crowd. It was irritating on some occasions. He leant back against the back of the bench, setting the glasson the ground beside him and undoing the first few buttons of his shirt. 'These suits are ridiculous. If they're not choking you to death they're causing you to overheat.' he complained with a sideward glance at her.

Heather-

I giggled when he complained about his suit. "Hey man! I don't wanna hear it!" I chuckled. "I have to walk around in heels." I told him, lifting my foot onto the bench to gently rub at it. "I mean, I need a foot massage to get all the aches and pains to go away." I told him with a smile. "And not to mention these awful dresses..." I groaned and poked at the fabric. "They want people to dance at parties but they put you in the most inflexible piece of cloth." I said. I sighed and took another sip of my drink before following his example and putting the glass on the floor. I knew I wasn't old enough to drink, but I also knew one glass of champagne wasn't going to get me drunk. I mean, one glass wouldn't even get my tipsy. I would be fine.

Jason chuckled at her words, shaking his head slightly.

'No one ever said you had to put yourself through such torture. You could have worn shoes with less height and still looked just as good. As for the dress, I think you're stunning in it.' He said casually, as if it wasn't a big deal for him to compliment her, but then it wasn't to him. 'If you're asking me for a foot massage however, I'm afraid I have to refuse, you see, I don't touch a stranger's foot.' He joked, giving her a very subtle once over. He couldn't stop himself giving a small appreciative nod as she leant over to rub her foot, clearly oblivious to what she was doing. He looked away again as he reached for his glass, finishing it easily. Hmm.. that's two in the last few minutes. Better slow down or else you'll be ten minutes into the conversation and fifty glasses in. He thought with a slight smile, noticing she hardly touched hers. Perhaps she wasn't much of a drinker. It wouldn't surprise him. She didn't look like the type to spend her weekends drinking with the girls.

Heather-

I laughed a little and blushed slightly at the compliment. I pouted just a bit at him. "I'd like to think of us as friends Jason." I said, wiggling my toes at him. Obviously I didn't expect him to massage my foot. I was only teasing. "And I have a very pretty foot...painted the nails today and everything." I giggled and watched him drain his drink. I paused for a second and then picked mine up and took another sip. It didn't look like I was gonna finish it but as long as it gave the impression I was older, I didn't have to finish it. I ran my hands through my hair again and smiled at him.

Jason chuckled softly, leaning forward ever so slightly. 'In order for us to be friends, we may need to talk a little more. You could start by telling me more about yourself, Heather.' he suggested, his eyes twinkling. He was curious to know about her. What kind of things did she like? Did she live in the area? Was she in a relationship? Well that one technically didn't matter, he told himself the moment he thought of it. It wasn't his place to know. But still, he knew he'd end up finding a way to ask later.

'I'm afraid that your foot, while it may look very lovely with the nails decorated, is not what has me interested in you. You're an attractive woman, yet you're here alone? Is there something going on that I don't know about? I would have thought any man with half a brain and an eye for beauty would be interested in accompanying such a lovely lady.' He said, turning the charm up a touch.

Heather-

I blushed and smiled at him, brushing my feet over the grass. "I don't have a boyfriend or anyone to ask as my date." I shrugged. I bit my lip and looked at the flowers next to us. "And...thank you." I smirked at him. "I bet you say that to all the girls, but that doesn't mean I won't take it." I laughed a bit.

((I have to go for the night))

((Okay, night xD ))

He laughed softly, shaking his head. 'I really don't. There aren't many I bother with. Too many of them are all about the hair and the makeup. Most of them would have made the first move the moment they saw me. It's nice to have a decent conversation with someone that is different to the others.' He flashed her another smile, and found himself wondering if she was interested in him. Because, well.. He was definitely interested in her. He wouldn't make a move though, not until he was sure where she stood. After all, they'd just met. It would be foolish of him to try and make a move before even speaking with her properly.

'I'm still very interested to know more about you. Friendship means sharing.' he prompted, wiggling his eyebrows at her playfully.

Heather-

I laughed a little and thought for a moment. Was there anything about me that I could tell him that wouldn't give away my age? I couldn't tell him about school... "Well I'm an only child." I said. "And I love animals." I said. That was good...can't tell a persons age from liking animals. "I've always wanted a dog." I smiled at him. I looked at him and giggled a little when I saw a flower was in his hair. It must have fallen off a tree and fell on him. I slowly lifted my hand and plucked it from his hair and put it in front of him so he could see. "Purple is my favorite color." I told him, looking at the purple flower in my hand.

(sorry.. got totally sidetracked)

Jason tilted his head to the side to look at her. 'If you want a pet so badly why don't you have one?' He asked, curious to know more about her. Her tone was slightly evasive and he wondered what she was holding back. Gently he leaned closer to her, taking the flower from her and fixing it carefully into her hair. His dark eyes met hers, drawing her in slightly nwithout him meaning to. 'Purple is a stunning colour on you, although blue does suit you magnificently.' He said, flashing her a brilliant smile.

Heather-

I blushed a little and my eyes flashed down to his lips when he smiled. I looked back into his eyes quickly. They were so dark, so beautiful...mesmerizing. "T-thank you..." I mumbled, softly. I gently sucked my lip into between my teeth and tried to remember the questions. Something about animals? "I'm allergic to most pet hair." I answered, still softly.

Jason raised an eyebrow at her. The way she was acting.. Well it certainly was interesting. Watched with interest as her gaze flicked to his eyes and she bit her lip. God, it was attractive, he thought with a soft smile. 'That's such a shame. A life without pets must be very...lonely.' He said, debating whether he could reach a hand out to her or not. He scooted over the bench so that they sat side by side. Gently he brushed a lock of soft brown hair from her eyes, his own gaze roaming between her eyes and lips.

'Why is it that you couldn't find a date to such a marvellous event?' He asked, his own voice almost a whisper now as he let his hand remain touching her, the fingers brushing her cheek lightly, almost accidentally.

([MENTION=2893]XxRainyDaysxX[/MENTION])

Heather-

I found myself leaning toward his hand, just slightly, where it felt like a brush of the wind against my cheek. "I don't know..." I mumbled. "I guess the right guy was never there." I said. But my stupid mouth didn't stop there. "Probably because the right guy was going to be here anyway..." I found myself saying with a slight shrug of my shoulders. We were close now. But still strangers. I didn't know anything about him and he knew very little about me. But I was sucked right in, drawn to him like a moth to a flame. I could almost feel a slight breeze across my face at he exhaled and again my eyes flitted down to his lips.

And I didn't even know him...that's so unlike me.

Jason's lips curved upwards slightly, the smile playing lightly as she leant into his hand. She was so close to him now. Her words made his stomach flip slightly, in a good way, which was strange for him. He shifted closer, ever so slightly, touching her cheek with his hand. The atmosphere was electric as his gaze lingered on hers for a moment before he very slowly pressed his lips to hers, a slow kiss that she could pull out of if she wanted to. He wasn't normally the kind of guy that got with anyone, particularly not someone he'd just met. Maybe the slight amount of alcohol was affecting him more than he'd imagined, he thought to himself, but knew that wasn't true.

Heather-

I couldn't even say I was surprised when his lips touched mine because I knew it was coming. It had to be coming because I was on fire. Not literally...

I didn't pull away and I didn't want him to pull away, even though I would understand if he did. I leaned into him and gently moved my lips against his, bring my hand up reflexively to hold his cheek. After about a moment of the soft kissing I pulled away, a little dazed and opened my eyes. "Wow..." I mumbled. I sat up a little straighter. "That is so not like me...but it was really nice." I smiled softly.

He smiled gently as she pulled away, a little breathless himself. 'I know what you mean. I don't normally do this either. In fact.. I don't think I've ever really done it.' He laughed softly, pulling her closer to him. 'I wonder, would you have done that if I hadn't made the first move?' He asked in a curious tone, his dark eyes searching her eyes for answers. He wondered what had possessed him to do such a thing, but he didn't mind. In fact, he'd rather enjoyed the experience. But the question now was whether she'd let him kiss her again.

Heather-

I looked into his eyes and thought about what he had asked for only a moment. I shrugged a little. "I think I would have..." I said. I mean, I know that all I could think about a moment ago was his lips. And when he kissed me, I didn't regret a second of it. So I think I would have kissed him if he didn't make the first move. I bit my lip a little and smiled. "I'm kinda sorry I pulled away." I said, giggling sheepishly.

He chuckled again, raising an eyebrow at her. 'Perhaps I can remedy that?' He offered before kissing her again, his arms wrapping lightly around her, one hand on the small of her back and the other entwined in her hair as he supported her head gently. He pressed closer to her, but not so much that she would feel uncomfortable. It was the last thing he wanted. if she felt uncomfortable then he would hold himself at fault. After a brief moment he pulled away again, resting his brow against hers. He was about to speak again when the sound of the door opening caused them both to jump, looking up to see the bride and groom standing in the doorway.

'See, i told you she'd be out here. Noise has never been Heather's strong point.' The bride said with a smile at her new husband as she walked towards them, grabbing Heather by the arm gently and tugging her away from Jason. Phil, her husband, raised an eyebrow at Jason. He simply shrugged in response, raising his empty glass to the couple. They left, taking Heather with them and leaving Jason sitting alone outside with a half empty glass of champagne that Heather had left behind.

'It was nice to meet you.' he said to her disappearing figure before they were surrounded by the crowd again.

Heather-

I allowed myself to be pulled into the building, mostly because I was still too dazed to really do anything. Tessa smiled big at me and told me she wanted a few pictures. SO I gracefully posed with her until she was content. After the party started dying down, I looked around For Jason again, but I couldn't seem to find him. I sighed to myself and just went home. Maybe I could ask Tessa to ask her new husband for his number or something.

-Timeskip to first day of school-

I walked into the school building on the first day with a frown on my face. I mean...who liked school? No one that's who.

I was wearing some skinny jeans and a nice top but I didn't put much effort into my hair or makeup. I stopped at my locker quick before making my way around the building.

Jason was just beginning to settle into his new classroom. He'd already discussed the timetable with the other teachers and been assigned his lessons. He checked his first class. Seniors. That was okay. That meant he wouldn't have to deal with the idiocy of the freshmen just yet. He could ease into the system slowly and work out what worked better for which people. The warning bell for class rang and he moved back to his desk, leaning casually against it as the first students began to trickle in. Of course, it was mostly the overachievers that came in early. He smiled at them, waiting patiently for the rest of his class to enter. He was dressed much more comfortably in plain jeans and a simple button up shirt, his longish hair sweeping over his eyes slightly.

Heather-

I walked into my first class of the day, which happened to be English. I stared at the floor as I made my way to a seat in the middle. All the ones in the back were taken. I set my things down and looked up at the teacher. His back was turned to be but I took a second to admire. I had to admit that it was a nice backside...

But it was when he turned around that a gasp passed my open mouth. I couldn't believe it. I was done for. He would hate me...I'd probably be in trouble and Gosh! He'd hate me for lying to him. Granted...I didn't lie. But I didn't tell the truth.

I sunk in my chair and looked at the floor, hoping he wouldn't notice me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back