• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One SAO Re:vamped

She stuck her blade out as a blocking tool more so than a weapon, the flat of the sword tapping his chest gently. 

Though, as she turned her head over her shoulder to gaze at him, her eyes were cold. The air, swirling around them picked at her locks, tossing them about and making the entire chaotic look she was going for, work. Those pale eyes, a little bit of life returning as she even smiled, genuinely. "Not you... Head back inside as well. It isn't anything personal or that I don't think you can handle them... But just between you and I... I know you couldn't see my level then... But..."

She swiped down on her menu, and just beneath her name, a daunting "49" appeared. "I think I can handle these guys. But most of my strong attacks are AoE, I don't want anything hitting you, got it?"

Kibaa stopped as her blade come down in front of him, he looked towards her in a bit of shock. "What are you doi..." He was cut of by her look. Stunning, yet scary. something he never really got to appreciate, as most of the times he had ever come into contact with her he was trying to fight her, or yelling at her and not paying attention to what she looked like.

He listened more when she began to speak, and when he saw her level his eyes lit up. "H...How?" He asked as he looked at her in surprise. He didn't bother to stay long enough to let her answer, because once he heard about her AOE Attacks be back away, He was surprised she hadn't used any against him, it could have very well ended the fight a lot sooner than it did.  

"Alright." He said before walking off and back into the Hall closing the door after walked in. "Everyone back away from the doors, and windows." 

Barry, being clutched by Shino, retreated with him as the woman in black turned her gaze towards the Holy Dragon Alliance party that had formed before her. 

Her eyes shut and she felt the flakes of snow fall upon her face, patting her cheeks and stinging with their icy chill. It took her a moment to remember she was still in a video game. Yet, with a smile catching, the nineteen-year-old steeled herself, her metal heels digging into the snow before the first of them attacked. 

The fool.

She tapped her foot forward, barely even a dash, and already, a large gash was prominent on the soldier's back, his mouth wide as he fell to the ground in anguish, eventually popping into nothingness. His crystal flakes moving into mesh with the glitter of the evening snow. Many of the men backed up now, their eyes wide, "Sh-She killed Arko, in just one hit!"

"N-No way... He was our best tank!"

"What are you waiting for you blabbering fools, attack!" The lieutenant roared before lunging forward and slashing at her, only to be met with an iron defense that bounced his blade off of her, the greatsword moving in for its killing blow.

And so, with the man falling on her weapon, he murmured something soft under his breath, chuckled, and vanished.

Light seemed to take no heed and leaped into the air, rotating her blade in a downward arc that shot a wave of lightning from her blade, vanquishing nearly ten of the thirty-eight men that still remained. The rest had been wise enough to raise their shields, but with the shocking fear bearing down on them, they were just prey to the slaughter for the next bit as the woman dashed in and out of the crowd, weaving together her web of strikes, eventually stepping out of such stasis, the blue slashes all throughout the group exploding into a shower of data and crystals.

Forty more lives had just been claimed, and that woman had been the one to take them. A red cursor now hung over her name, though she seemed unphased, sheathing her sword and popping up her collar, her figure now moving away from the inn. Away from them all.

Though, in that dark evening, Shino detached herself from Barry and stood, her eyes twinkling, both out of fear and respect. Her hand shook as she opened the door and took to the snow, her eyes scanning the warrior, who'd stopped out the sound of creaking wood.

"What?"

"Join my guild..." Shino's breath barely escaped her as a squeak, to be in the presence of someone who was capable of one-shot potential.

"No."

The answer was a disheartening one, but as Light turned around, she saw him. Not Kibaa, not Shino, not even Barry. But someone who shouldn't have been there. Someone who was no longer alive.

His dark-brown hair mocked her and his sweet little eyes, innocent cried out to her for help. She could still see a lost child that was in the wrong place at the wrong time, a member of Laughing Coffin taking his life instead of her own. He'd jumped in front of that sword for her. And now, she had that chance to redeem, to fill the void in her heart.

The people inside watched with anxious penitence, the heat of the situation almost nulling the cold.

"You wouldn't take a player with this above their head..."

"Red cursor or not... You're a savior... We'd have all been killed if you hadn't jumped in."

What surprised her next, was the youngest of the members, Barry, emerging onto the snow as well. His heart was thudding in his chest, but he didn't stop at Shino, he kept towards her until he was a sword's distance away. "The first time we met... You hit me."

Light's gaze lowered and she felt disgrace cross her heart. "I remember."

"Ever since then... I swore to make you my rival." Barry raised his sword at her, Light now looking up with eyes that reflected his image. A warrior so young, and yet, so bold. So unafraid to do what was right... Even in a game of life and death.

Behind him, he could see others like him, men, women, boys and girls, each with their own agenda, their own lives, but willing to toss that away for others.

Light felt her heart clench, and for the first time since she'd arrived, she felt remorse for the damage she'd done. Barry didn't stop, his eyes now filling with tears. "You're just scared... Aren't you?" He drew closer and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his head under her breast. Light's arms shot out a little in shock, but slowly, she put her hand on his head, listening intently to everything the little genius said.

"We're all scared... But we can't run when others need us... That makes us worse than scared... It makes us cowards."

Light swallowed, and it was hard. A lump in her throat that had been caused by the boy's heart going out towards her. 

Shino then spoke once more, "Your help and experience would be much appreciated with the assault team... Though I can't promise your noteriety any safety, you can have your hand in helping us..."

The blonde looked down, and that sandy head of hair that remained coiled against her upper-stomach shifted to a dark brown and she saw the same motives as her haunting savior. 

"I accept."

Both Kibaa and Morgan Stood there In shock, both of what she had just done, She took out forty men, that cursor wouldn't go away for at least a week, but also due to the fact that she had just joined them. Neither we found of the Idea. Not because they didn't trust her, more so because of how well they though she would work with them. "Shino.." Kibaa whispered and he moved quickly towards her, and dragged her off to a back corner of the room. 

"What the hell?" He lifted his hands, palms facing up. Kibaa looked at Shino as if she was crazy, she might have been. "Do you realize you just offered to add her to our guild right?" He placed a hand on her shoulder before whispering into her ear. "She is the reason I came her so messed up." He said admitting to what she had been trying to pry out of him earlier.  He crossed his arms as he looked at her and waited for her to respond. 

_____

Morgan stood there and stared at Light and Barry, the kid. He had a way with people. From calming down Kibaa and Him whenever they got into fights to actually making Light tear up...People called her a Demon. Morgan couldn't do much but sit there and be amazed. Everything was moving so fast, she had just murdered...no that wasn't the word, she had just saved them, from a group of murderers. Slaughtering forty plus. Then not even Ten minutes later she was a part of their guild.

"Welcome to Sacred Blade." He said.

Morgan walked inside, and headed back towards his room, he had a long few days of steady grinding for levels, he was near Ten levels behind Kibaa now, where as he used to be just one.

Shino's smile was cocky as her arms folded across her chest. "Well... I got to thinking... If another player had done all that to you, and she let you live... It means that you are some kinds of lucky. My bet is... That chick even beat you to the item, didn't she, and after beating you, she might've thought she killed you, leaving it there as a means of mocking. I mean..." The guild leader chuckled and brought her hand up to cover her mouth at its unique action, "Who doesn't want to kick the shit out of Kibaa from time to time?" 

She then slapped him on the shoulder and smiled, "Get some rest... We'll have a nice place to stay soon, but first thing is first. Clearing this floor's boss. We can't do that without everyone at full strength."

Meanwhile, outside, it was just Light and Barry, to which, the youth let go of her, taking a few steps back. "I want you to honor something for me, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded her head almost immediately.

He raised his sword. "Draw your weapon, I want you to make a pact."

"A pact?" Hesitantly, she unhooked her greatsword and extended it, the two flats of the blades meeting.

"Yes... To honor and uphold this guild's values and principles."

"Those are awful big words, coming from a kid."

"And you're sorta dumb for an adult, so what?"

Light swallowed her anger on that one, despite Barry being right. She nodded, "I promise."

"And you promise not to kill another player, ever again!"

"I--I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"What if someone attacks again."

"Show them mercy!"

"It's easier in a one on one."

"You're really lazy, you know that?"

Light shrugged her shoulders and lowered her sword, as did the boy. "So... What now?"

"Well... Now, we're gonna get you out of that drab coat!"

"--What."

Kibaa let out a laugh as she spoke on people wanting to kick his ass. "Look, I can't help it that I'm just such a great guy and everyone else is getting jealous." His body shook as he laughed and he cringed still feeling the pain in his ribs. "Don't think I'm done talking to you about her though. She can stay, but under your watch." He said poking Shino's chest. "I'm going to sleep. She really did kick my ass." He smiled again before kissing the top of Shino's head, and leaving to make his way to his room.

Kibaa made his way towards his room, he sat on his bed and began to go through all of his items, he started by dequipping his armor, and then his shirt. Lastly Kibaa replaced his pants with a pair of loose pajama pants. It was weird seeing more modern clothing in this game, but all the while it made him feel a bit less like he was in a game, despite being the small feature it was.

Kibaa crawled into bed moving under the covers and laying his head on a pillow.  Kibaa let out a long sigh as he felt relieved off all the stress that had been put on him as of late.

"Ughhh." He let out before closing his eyes and trying to get to sleep.

Shino's face went beet red again and her cool was instantly lost. It was as if her body in its entirety had frozen. She felt a tingling chill run up her spine and before she had the strength to retort, Kibaa had already vanished. Fuming, the guild master returned to her temporary office, where, waiting for her, was the blonde, dressed now in only a white cloth tunic, strung together at her chest level to reveal some cleavage, but otherwise, didn't hug her form any more than it needed to. And she wore brown leather slacks and knee-high leather boots that came up to her waist, a shallow sigh escaping her.

"You look different."

"Barry made me get rid of all of my armor and donate it to the guild, along with my funds. All sixteen million."

Shino was about to sit down, but quickly sputtered out of control and waved her hands frantically, "S-SIXTEEN MILLION!?"

"Check the storage and see for yourself."

And so, Shino swiped down on the menu, revealing a list of everything she had donated. "T-This is incredible... Why?"

"The kid threatened to scream."

"--Ah."

"So... You're really with us... Yeah?"

Light drew her sword, which Barry had permitted her to keep, along with her earrings and shone the gleaming signature of the Sacred Blades that had crested itself onto the base of the blade. "Branded and all."

"It's good to have you with us... You know..." Shino leaned over her desk, folding her hands and letting her eyes fall on the warrior, looking her up and down. "We'll get you some better-fitted armor than the rags you had, but for now... Would you do me a favor?"

Light shrugged her shoulders calmly, "I suppose I'm at your whim."

"Very good."

The next morning came around like a steed, fast and heroic, bringing with it the light of a new tomorrow, but when Kibaa would awaken, he would immediately understand that he was not alone by the warrior who stood by the door, her head bowed and eyes shut, legs crossed and armor stripped from her. Now, she wore basic clothes with no armor rating, for her level alone spoke for itself. 

Others had deemed her unworthy of the stat boosts, though, for Shino, she didn't seem to care whether Light obtained any gear or not, only that she was devoted and willing to contribute.

Kibaa slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes, not knowing who it was just yet who had been at his door. "Mmmm." He let out as he began to wake up his vison gowing from a blur to a bit more clearer and he was now able to distinguis that it was a woman. "Shino...What are you doing?" He said as he kicked his legs out of bed, and lazily lifted his hand up, before dropping it back down, which opened his up his Menu, he then went to his character screen, putting on a baggy navy sweatshirt. 

Kibaa took another Look at the  person before realizing it wasn't Shino but instead it was Light, he shot up forgetting what had happened the night prior, before it all came back to him and he calmed down. "Morning Light." He said as he made his way towards her and shook her shoulder softly. "You want some breakfast?" He crossed his arms as he waited for her to wake up. 

"Think, I'm gonna grab some sandwiches Shino made. Weird for breakfast I know."  He smiled, trying to make small talk, with the person who he was trying to kill just a day ago. "Come on." He said as he made his way into the main room of the Guild Hall.

"Hey, you know, if you want we can grind and get you a new room." He said as he noticed she was sleeping standing up. "Or Just ask I'll bunk with Morgan, and you can take my bed." He still wasn't all to sure about Light, but hell she had saved him and Morgans life, so right now, he would play nice with her.

Light's eyes fluttered open. A brief yawn and stir before she fully awoke, though she stopped him flat with her hand. "We're doing things on my terms today. You'll have no breakfast, and neither will Morgan or Barry. I am taking you to a high-end grinding zone that Shino specifically asked me to drag you all to. In a party... We can formulate a hell of a lot of EXP and I can handle a majority of the fighting..."

She thumbed at the door, "In fact, the other two should be outside waiting on you." She cast him a wry glance, then spoke once more before opening the door and disappearing into the hallway. "I'm only doing this because Shino offered me some armor with higher stat quality and magical enhancements."

Kibaa quirked a brow before looking at her. He shook his head sneaking two sandwiches one for Barry and Morgan, He didn't try to too hard to hide them though. "And did you both thing to ask if we wanted to do this?" I had plans on sleeping in today, and you know possibly crying over the fact that I'm stuck in some Psychopaths deathtrap. 

Kibaa then watched as she left out after speaking on the armor she would receive. He shook his head. "Only been here for a day, yet she's already bossing me around more than Shino." Shoves his fist into his pocket not bothering to change out of what he slept in yet. He instead casually walked out to where the Three had been waiting on him..

___

Morgan, was using one of his arms to lean on Barry. The little guy was just the right height for it too. His sword holstered on his side while his shield hung off of his back, Morgan Dawned a set of Bulky Silver Armor, with a green cloak seeping out of the back end of it. Like Kibaa with his shoulder Pauldrons, Morgan had no Helmet.

Light rolled her eyes and Barry laughed, but that laughter was short-lived as she turned to face them. "Get in formation!" She swiped open her menu and sent the party invite to Kibaa, then folded her arms across her chest and waited.

Kibaa Yawning, Dragged his feet as He took his time, lining up next to Barry. He then took even more time to accept the party Invite, doing all sorts of things like Yawning once again, and then stretching, before he finally accept the Invite. "Oh, Sorry..didn't see it." He joked a small grin creeping on his face.

___

Morgan Let out a light chuckle before stopping as he looked at Light.

Once the party had been formed, the woman let out a low exhale through her nostrils, raising her hand to pinch the bridge of her nose. And after fidgeting it for a long while, she released and walked forward, brushing past them and heading towards the inn door, the objective of this mission still very clear on her mind. Shino's words rang loud in her ears.

"Get them up... Ten levels each."

The surprise on Light's face at the time had been enough to rival that of Barry's audacity to face her as a red cursor player. But she digressed and went along with it anyway.

Another two hours were to pass, and not before long, they had arrived at a remote location on the floor that opened into a chasm, all sorts of beasts and cretins lying within.

Light briskly stepped down the rocky path until she'd reached base level, looking back and watching for the others to do the same.

Kibaa following close behind light, decided that now was the time to equip his gear, and so he did. It only took him about a minute before he unsheathed his sword and was ready  to go. "Who're we fighting?" He looked around looking around at the Beast that roamed the area.

"I"m assuming your taking lead. Right?" 

___

Morgan as of right now was just happy to be alive, and standing again. He didn't really care, about that fact that he was pushed into leveling a day after he recovered. He was just happy to be of some use now.

Light unhooked her greatsword and nodded, "We're going to farm this place dry! So... Let's get to it." Her eyes shifted to the soon-to-be battlefield ahead and lead the charge, keeping Barry, Morgan and Kibaa in tight proximity so the EXP would be distributed correctly.

Kibaa looked at her as he began to charge in, it didn't take long for him to lift his sword and follow suit. Even though he wasn't the party leader he didn't hesitate to bark out commands at Kibaa and Barry. 

"Barry You and Morgan switch in and out, if you find you can't handle things Switch in with Morgan and heal up." 

____

Morgan nodded before letting Barry take lead in front of him.

Together, the four of them got into it... In the fullest fashion, exploiting every last monster until that chasm was nothing more than a cave with walls that howled and echoed every sound up to the very heavens, looming above. And before long, the sun had set in the sky, casting a crimson glare across the pastel dome, encompassing the world in its final shades of light before night hit.

It was then that they managed to bring down the entire mob for the dungeon, and weary and fatigued, Barry plopped down on a perched up stone for rest, the menu screen appearing in front of him again. "Level 35" it read. He'd grown an impressive twelve levels and felt all the more grateful for it.

Kibaa let out a huff as he bent over and placed his hands on his knees. They had just finished the last mob of the dungeon, Kibaa was very much tired. "Are....We done?" He spoke, hitched breaths between each word. "We...gained the levels...we needed like....thirty minutes ago."  His body moved with each breath he let out. His face covered in sweat and his hair matted down because of it.

As Kibaa's leveling up menu popped he clicked away not bothering to read what level he had obtained for himself.

But since he wasn't hiding his stats, it showed in the party menu. He had gained 12 Levels just like Barry had. Now Sporting a Level 40.

_______

Morgan was in almost the same state as Kibaa, though his level was lower. He had sported a level 31, which he was still proud of.

Morgan was now caught up to most people, and had even passed some. 

Light wiped a bead of sweat from her brow and sheathed her greatsword, taking with her strength as she collapsed onto her own rear and laughed. Despite her levels being higher, there was simply nothing more exhausting than the banal labors that was, grinding.

She herself had gained another two and stood at a proud 50. At least ten levels higher than Kibaa, who, had shocked her by closing the gap of twenty levels so quickly.

"Alright... I'm thinking I make us some food?"

Nodded as he still struggled to catch his breath, when she spoke of food. "You better." He clutched his stomach as he looked up at her. "You've had us out here all day without food." 

He chuckles a bit. "At one point I was thinking off Porting out of her and back to the hall to get some food." He smiles, joking around with light as if she had always been apart of the group. "Also Congrats on the Level, Light." He gave her a thumbs up.

Kibaa stood up now, having had caught his breath enough to be able to stand on his own.

Light snuffed his remark under her boot as she rotated her heel firmly against the stone, almost absentmindedly in a sense, for the wave of fatigue that had washed over her was truly sapping. Though, this didn't dissuade the warrior from standing slow and motioning for them all to climb back out the way they came. Barry led the charge.

And once they'd all managed to grace the surface, it wasn't long before a gorgeous shade from an oak appalled them with its presence and the female gamer set up camp, along with several other cooking utensils, leaving Barry to start the fire.

Kibaa sat down, leaning against the oak tree, as he went through his inventory, he had unequipped his arm and chest armor, but he kept his sword on person just in case they were attacked by a strolling mob, or other players. 

"No heading home then?" Kibaa asked looking over towards Light.

___

Morgan covered his eyes as they came out and into the opening the setting sun blinding him. "I'll help set up camp." He said as he watched Barry begin to start the fire.

Barry rubbed his palms raw against the flint trying to get it to light, but after so much endeavoring and trial, he hadn't managed to do more than scare himself with the loud sounds the stones made. He looked at Kibaa pleadingly for assistance, leaving the isolated Light to chuckle under her breath, even smiling.

Kibaa held his hands out for Barry to hand over the stones. He did let out a chuckle though as he saw Barry try his hardest, get flustered and then give up. "Yeah alright Kid give them here." He said as he leaned forward a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back