• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sanera Institute [OPEN]

Ezra nodded, glad to have done something nice for the girl with curly hair, but then he frowned upon hearing her opinion of his name, and remarked quietly, "Well, it's not...is your name 'feminine'? Because if it isn't...you really have no room to talk."

He then turned his direction towards the stage, at the odd man who didn't seem to know what he was doing there. That's really odd... he thought, and quietly listened to everyone else's opinions. Well, if he IS the principal, why is he just standing there with that blank expression??

"..." For once in her life, Jae fell silent, as her name wasn't a traditional girl's name. Instead, she added aloud, "Maybe he's just nervous? I mean, I would be too if there were all these eyes on me, but then again...he's just standing there, he's been up there for like what, 10 minutes already? Is he going to do anything? Or are we all just gonna sit here the entire day?" she asked no one in particular before folding her arms and sitting back in her seat.

Suddenly, the man snapped out of his daze, realizing he had been there long enough for the students to notice. He grabbed the microphone by the base of the stand, twirling it around himself, then slammed it down onto the stage. "Attention, student body, please silence yourselves! The Headmaster is to speak, and it's disrespectful to speak while an authoritative figure is speaking, wouldn't you agree?"

c789f4ff472172d1e649552cb369429a.jpgNyx
Interaction/Mention: TruthBehindTheLies TruthBehindTheLies Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity Forevermore Forevermore Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

Curly and the boys' conversation over Ezra's name freed Nyx up to take in the small girl's explanation for her smell. Except it wasn't much of an explanation, as apparently a doctor told her it was necessary for some type of cleaning. It begged further questioning, but the ease with which the girl spoke it made Nyx once again question whether or not her confusion was born from inexperience once again.

There was a non-zero chance that whatever mystical elements the girl had simply required a chlorine bath to deal with. Maybe it was like how she hid her eyes or snacked to control her hunger. If that was the case, then it wasn't anything to worry about. Nyx figured she'd learn all about the different types of students during her time in the Institute, she wondered if there was a class specifically for the different magical beings.

The smaller girl's confusion over her use of the word 'Morsel' made Nyx look her over again.

"No matter how I prepared you, you'd be a small dish." Nyx shrugged before looking ahead "Morsel fits."

The man up ahead still hadn't spoke, and even the others began sharing their confusion over it. They weren't alone, as the few conversations between students around them shifted to wondering what he was waiting for. Some students even looked towards the auditorium's entrance, wondering if he was waiting for the arrival of something.

That all ended when he suddenly spun the microphone around before demanding their silence. It looked as though something had clicked with him, and the volume he'd shouted with shut down most of the remaining conversations. He pointed out how disrespectful speaking over an authority figure was, asking for their agreement. So Nyx acquiesced to the question.

"Agreed!" she declared whilst sitting straight, still not entirely sure whether he was the Headmaster or merely readying the students for the Headmaster.

Ezra looked at the man on the stage, bellowing for the students to pay attention. "So...he isn't the headmaster..?" he mused to himself. He looked behind him at the petite girl that smelled like a cleaning product. Disinfecting? That made it sound like she wasn't a person, more like an object.

The man smiled at Nyx's comment, chuckling to himself.

"Now, you may be wondering who the Headmaster is, and I have the answer to that question. It is I, but you weren't expecting that.. were you?" He purred, "That's right, my name is Favian, the founder of this glorious Institute, but I'm sure you already knew. Welcome to Sanera, dear children, thank you for coming, this wouldn't be as it is without you, and I mean that most sincerely... Now, before I start rambling, I'd like to introduce Sanera's faculty.."

Oliver's eyes widened. "What? How is he.. so young? I thought he was like, ancient!"

"Maybe that's one of his powers..." Ezra mumbled vaguely, watching the man with an expression of mild interest. "Maybe he's able to rejuvenate at will." He didn't know how to feel about this new revelation, but something about it didn't sit quite right with him. He didn't know what it was, though.

"Chlorine was the best option for decontamination"? Steve knew full well that chlorine and the average human body didn't mix. So what did that make his new schoolmate? It would be interesting to find out. Before he could think on it much longer, the man on the stage revealed himself. He's Favian? But wouldn't he be over 700 years old? Is Favian immortal? Or are we looking at a hologram or clone of Favian? The boy's mind was going into overdrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back