• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Samurai of the Inferno

CrowOuttaHell

Skull-Faced Writer
2856c67a5038ab69f15668726e003edc.png
tumblr_o7p1gcsX4K1snbyiqo1_500.gif

"The cruel fox laughs
As the warring spirits cry
There will soon be none..."

tumblr_oqzjshaj3a1rcufwuo1_540.gif
Takama-ga-hara- the land of the spirits. Bound in a strange mist, it is a land kept away from the rest of the outside world. It is a strange land that is populated by warring lords, warriors who defend their bloodline's honor through blades, and dark secrets.

Dark secrets- such as the existence of oni and spirits alike, of warriors that can call upon the power of their soul to unlock true potential and devastating abilities.

Looking at it now, it is a wonder that Takama-ga-hara has kept to itself for so long.

But there are demonic forces at work. Demonic forces that wish to escape the Land of Mist, to spread and wreak chaos on the world. And they are willing to use humans...humans with the potential to become spirits.

2b2776ae1941fd933f5be20fc8fb39fb.png
tumblr_o7ut88rDEb1rcufwuo1_540.gif
You awaken.

Last night's dinner seemed to have congealed into a lump in the pit of your stomach as you sit up, feeling miserable no matter how terrible or delicious the food was. The dream with that demonic kitsune had unnerved you...but it was the sudden power that you felt within your chest that scared you the most.

"What's going on with me?"

And that's when you heard it- a sound, coming from within you, a sound that was definitely not human.

No. It was the sound of an animal.

Your animal.

tumblr_om41hfBkiE1tqou9go2_1280.gif

Spending a few days in meditation, you quickly find that you have been, somehow, granted powers by that strange kitsune's dream. Powers of your spirit animal.

Firstly, you obtained the Spirit Essence- passive and active abilities depending on your animal. It can give you anything in accordance with your spirit- enhanced strength and speed, flight, perhaps even elemental manipulation. While some of these can emerge without having to fully rely on your Spirit, you find that overuse of these summons your second ability.

The Spirit Armament. Strange armor or weapons that emerges when the warrior enters into a state where they are fully using their Spirit Essence. An experienced wielder can summon these at will- though at the time, overuse of your Essence made it come out sometimes.

And lastly- a message.

A message detailing Spiritual Ascension- to achieve ascension and make your spirit become more powerful. And the only way to do that is to apparently slay the person who gave you your power...or slay another person who had spiritual powers, like you.

Left with only this knowledge, you realize that your red string of fate had been tied- tied to different warriors, whose names you didn't even know.

And all red strings led through the Imperial Capital- Ashikaga.

LINKS:

INTEREST CHECK

CHARACTER THREAD

OOC

Last edited:
cf18830fd648441dcb463a72933c670a.png
74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg

Somewhere in Takamori...
There were already far too many snakes in Takamori at this time of night. They came in all shapes and sizes, hissing, biting, making far too much trouble than it was worth for samurai and ronin alike. Having a katana at your side made sure you were both an intimidating figure and a prime target for bandits trying to get lucky. They usually came in droves- groups of four, five, maybe even seven or ten.
But some snakes were reckless.

"There he is! There's that bastard yakuza that killed Takauji-sama!"
"Don't even think of grabbing that katana, you scum!"

But for a spiritual warrior, dealing with them was usually more trouble than it was worth. Even when he had spent some of his ryo at a fairly nice looking joint with good sake and gyoza- not to mention lodgings for the night-, battles seemed to follow ronin like him anywhere.

Ryoma stared down the group of bandits standing in his doorway. Getting a good night's sleep was fairly impossible when you made enemies everywhere you went.

Still, it was five bandits up against one man.

Normally, the ex-yakuza would tell himself that he didn't need sleep.
But right now, with the bleariness pricking at his eyes, he failed to stifle a yawn. He did need sleep.

"Now's hardly the time to be asleep, though, you stupid pig," He thought to himself, willing the wild boar within him to wake up. Within himself, he heard an annoyed grunting- but slowly he felt the familiar surge of power as the haze of sleep lifted from his weary body.

"Yakuza? Boy, you bird-brains really have no idea what goes on outside of your little scams, huh?"

"That tattoo on your arm..." The leader, a bald man with a scar across his face, pointed. "That's Yamagata's mark. We know more than you think we do, you cocky bastard!"

"Haven't you heard? Yamagata's dead."

With his statement, Ryoma immediately jumped back, speed belaying his size. Cracking a vicious grin, he glared at the stunned thugs with gleaming, yellow eyes.

"Soon, so will you."

With a quick bash of his foot up against the low table, sending it skidding across the floor. Wood collided with bone with an audible cracking sound as the thugs' leader hunched over, practically howling in pain. The ronin wasted no time, lunging forward and grabbing the folds of his kimono.

He bashed his knee into the thug's face next, sending him flying into another of his men. Both fell over, knocked out by the impact. The remaining three immediately flew into ready positions- and they were carrying weapons, too.

What a joy.

Ryoma ducked low under the swing of a bandit's jitte and brought his fist up, letting it slam into the thug's chin. The strength of the boar ran through his veins as he turned around, barely dodging a sloppily thrown left hook from another thug that sneaked up on him. This one earned a fist to the gut- as he toppled over, Ryoma kicked him across the face.

Turning to the last thug, he found that the man's jitte was already drawn, swinging about like a drunk firefly.

Kneeling briefly, Ryoma picked up his odachi, still sheathed. He lunged, bringing the blade up as if to strike him overhead. As the man raised his weapon to parry the blow- Ryoma twisted his shoulders and cracked the scabbard like a whip across the man's face.

With all five subdued- and someone definitely heard all the ruckus- Ryoma took a whiff of the night air. The only warmth still left in him was the adrenaline of fighting, and the last of his earlier grogginess fading away.

He shook his head, walking over to where he had let the leader of the thugs fall. Jumping down, he landed, barely even taking any damage.

He had to get to Ashikaga, and soon.

"Looks like I overstayed my welcome here at Takamori," He muttered and departed into the night.

Ai was in the woods, calmly sleeping on a tree branch. "That girl is perfect! Quick! Grab her! We'll get a fortune from selling her!"

Ai's eyes quickly fluttered open, since she heard what the two men were whispering. She pursed her lips, looking at them. She then jumped down from the huge tree, landing on her feet. "Gentlemen, how are you?" she clapped her hands together. "Instead of trying to kidnap me, might I suggest getting a real job?"

The two men were startled by how calm she was about this situation. Women they kidnapped and sold kicked, screamed, and tried to run. One of the men bit his lip. "Watch your tongue, little girl!" he turned to his friend. "Well, what are you doing, Hiro! Grab her!"

Ai sighed. "You guys will never learn, huh?"

Hiro looked at Ai and grinned. "No one would feel sorry for you, a homeless wench in the woods."

Ai's expression darkened, but she still looked calm. "Oh? And, no one would feel sorry for you when I do what I want to do, jobless scum who's capturing girls without a life."

The first male laughed. "Oh? Really? What could you possibly--"

He was cut off by the sound of Ai grabbing her katana. "So cute! You think a measly katana is going to stop--"

It was all so fast, since the little feline inside her had awoken. Ai ran up to the first guy, and cut his head off, leaving the boy's head to roll.

Hiro gasped, and held his dagger up high. Ai gave him a calm, yet psychotic laugh. "The chains on my mood swings snapped. Run."

The man swallowed, and replied, "As if a measly girl would scare me!"

Ai ran forward to the boy, and stabbed his heart. "I tried to warn you," she muttered, while the boy was still alive for a mere second. After that, he was dead.

The girl took out her katana from the disgusting man's chest, and started to walk away from that scene, without any guilt.

Last edited:
“Blessed be my lords in heaven, who hath spared my life on this day...”

These chants continued for a few minutes, William’s sword planted firmly into the sand. He had no idea where he was and would likely have great difficulty returning home, but he thought himself to have much to be thankful for- after all, he had his life. More than what the rest of the passengers on this doomed expedition could say.

Finally, he stood up and took in his surroundings. A great tragedy had fallen upon the men and women he had known for months; their corpses littering the beach, some soaking the sand red. He couldn’t let them remain this way. It mattered not if it would draw attention to him; They deserved a proper burial.

He set to work gathering driftwood from the wreckage, setting it out in a neat, organized pile as he did so. Next, he gathered the bodies, setting them down eyes closed and hands folded on top of the driftwood. He made sure to wade into the water to collect any bodies he saw still floating. Anyone wearing metal he knew to be on the ocean floor; This he could do nothing about, unfortunately, so he would make sure to give extra prayer to them, as if it were compensation. The mist still blanketed the distant sky as he worked; He paid no attention to it, however.

Finally, the mass of body and wood rested on the shore, the wreckage marking this site as a mass grave. Fortunately, he could a tightly sealed tinderbox on one of the sailors. Making sure not to get the insides wet, he removed his gauntlets before continuing his work. He lined the inside of the pile with tinder, then created a spark inside, re-equipping his gauntlets after. The structure quickly caught ablaze.

He stood, planted his sword once more, and stared into the flame, the metal he wore reflecting the glorious fire. He was still waterlogged, dripping with salt-filled water, and he could occasionally feel the waves lap at his feet. Despite this, he carried on through the discomfort: He still had a job to do. William began to sing a requiem for his friends and acquaintances alike, blessing their souls for the heavens. It would be unintelligible to anyone passing by, of course, but he was not singing for them. He could feel a sadness creep into him, but he cared not. He carried on, his voice traveling into the forest and the smoke rising into the sky.

fa342139f0a6ef8c8a1b4d6f7760c824.png
ae330d65b4a551c69fb2a412b068c42b--romantic-love-samurai-anime.jpg

Walking along a stone brick road, Amara looked up at the clear night sky. Nothing except the full moon could be seen, its light illuminating the path before him and the trees beside him. Its form reflected off his golden eyes as he adjusted his Kasa. "So beautiful, so peaceful" Amara thought to himself. However, this peace was only limited to a short while. He stopped in his tracks. Someone was following him.

"Your stealth skills are quite impressive" he said to the figure who was behind him "Normally I would have sensed you at a much greater distance" With his, Amara turned around to meet his assailant. "Im surprised you could even sense me at all" The figure said as he stepped out of the shadows of the trees. The figure was a Ronin, probably there to rob him as Amara assumed. His figure was smaller than Amara's, but he still wore the robes and carried the sword of a samurai. It wasent until Amara took a closer look at them when he realized the crest. It was of a rival clan of the Toranokiba, the Raionnotsume. The two clans had been at war for generations, with the Toranokiba clan staying on the island for safety as the result.

"So you are here to kill me?" Amara said to him. It made the most sense, as he was the sole survivor of his clan "I tell you now, you dont want to test me". The assassin looked at him with anger "How dare you underestimate my prowess. I am the strongest assassin from my clan". He then drew his blade and made a fighting stance. "I shall kill you with honor, but only because you are a fellow swordsman" he said "But you deserve nothing more". Amara just looked at him, expressionless. "I have no quarrel with you. Your wasting my time" he then turned around and continued to walk on the path.

The assasin was furious "Than you shall die with no honor!" he then ran at Amara with full speed, getting ready to kill him with one slice. However, he was already dead. Amara could feel the roar of the tiger, vibrating through his bones, giving him strength and focus. When the assassin was in rage, in an instant, Amara turned around and quickly drew his sword, slicing the samurai in half with one swift movement. The assassin fell at his feet in two, just as Amara re sheathed his sword. Amara well knew that this assassin was not the last. But regardless, he needed to keep moving. Throwing the body into the forest at the side of the road, Amara again continued his journey to Ashikaga​

Last edited:
Kneeling before the statue of Buddha, Yanagi clasped his hands in front of him, bowed his head, firmly holding onto a stick of incense. He wore only his shitagi. An old priest lit Yanagi's incense with a match and stepped away. Yanagi pitched his hands three times with the lit incense. The monk took the incense away from Yanagi and set it in the ash tray along with other burning incense sticks. Yanagi groveled at the Buddha statue and returned to his kneeling position three times. He stood up and bowed to the priest.

"Thank you," said Yanagi. "May your shrine prosper."

The priest smiled. "Perhaps it's best this place is forgotten."

"Perhaps."

"Where do you plan on going now, Yanagi-san?"

"I shall take to the road I came from and continue from there."

"Ah, that leads to Ashikaga."

"So it seems."

Yanagi stepped off towards the exit and picked up his daisho leaning on the wall. He exited the shrine into the light. A small shrine which had seen better days, sat in the mountains in the grove. The surrounding area was littered with the corpses of brigands, some being carried off to be buried by nuns. On his descent, he found a straw hat on the corpse of a brigand, plucked it and put it on his head. Yanagi continued his descent down to the road.

Last edited:
Toru scrubbed the floors of the dojo with determined vigor. To be honest, he hated doing this, but it was part of his training for the Yasei-no-Okami clan. Along with taking out the trash, cleaning the house, getting and making the food, and paying for their ingredients for the food. Every scrub brought him discipline, so they said, but it was really hard to contain a bit of anger when they came back and dirtied everything up again along with cleaning his money in the few days he had been there . He would say something about it, but they would just blame him. Taking a break, he decided to sit down and breath.

Reaching in to his pocket, he pulled out a bag that contained his spare money that he told no one about. Reaching in deep, he polled out a tiny stick figure. Its condition deteriorated over time, but he could still feel his sisters work on the figure. The way she tied the ropes, the way she bent the sticks, even the smell. for a second, it was as almost if he could go back in time and be with her.

The moment was brief, ruined by the sound of the gang getting closer. Quickly putting his pouch and the figure in his pocket, and resumed his scrubbing. The doors burst open to show the group of injured men, one of which was their bald-faced leader, Hiro. "Get up runt!" one of the gang yelled at him.

"What's wrong?" Toru asked, coming to a standing postion.

"Some low life thug kicked our a-" One of the injured said before getting shoved into the main room for treatment.

Toru was shocked. One guy did that to them? One? He couldn't believe it. "What do you want me to do?"

"Get your sword!" The boss said to him, shoving off the people helping him up. "We are gonna kill him!" The boss went over to a small wooden box, and pulled out a strange wood and metal object.
((A gun)) "And I got just the thing for him!"

"But sir," Toru replied, looking at the object. "You never gave me one."

"Well, take Toumas!" Hiro told him, indicating the rusting, broken mess of a sword that was somehow still heavy. Toru picked it up and followed Hiro and his men out into the night.

74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg

Somewhere in Takamori...
There were already far too many snakes in Takamori at this time of night. They came in all shapes and sizes, hissing, biting, making far too much trouble than it was worth for samurai and ronin alike. Having a katana at your side made sure you were both an intimidating figure and a prime target for bandits trying to get lucky. They usually came in droves- groups of four, five, maybe even seven or ten.
But some snakes were reckless.

"There he is! There's that bastard yakuza that killed Takauji-sama!"
"Don't even think of grabbing that katana, you scum!"

But for a spiritual warrior, dealing with them was usually more trouble than it was worth. Even when he had spent some of his ryo at a fairly nice looking joint with good sake and gyoza- not to mention lodgings for the night-, battles seemed to follow ronin like him anywhere.

Ryoma stared down the group of bandits standing in his doorway. Getting a good night's sleep was fairly impossible when you made enemies everywhere you went.

Still, it was five bandits up against one man.

Normally, the ex-yakuza would tell himself that he didn't need sleep.
But right now, with the bleariness pricking at his eyes, he failed to stifle a yawn. He did need sleep.

"Now's hardly the time to be asleep, though, you stupid pig," He thought to himself, willing the wild boar within him to wake up. Within himself, he heard an annoyed grunting- but slowly he felt the familiar surge of power as the haze of sleep lifted from his weary body.

"Yakuza? Boy, you bird-brains really have no idea what goes on outside of your little scams, huh?"

"That tattoo on your arm..." The leader, a bald man with a scar across his face, pointed. "That's Yamagata's mark. We know more than you think we do, you cocky bastard!"

"Haven't you heard? Yamagata's dead."

With his statement, Ryoma immediately jumped back, speed belaying his size. Cracking a vicious grin, he glared at the stunned thugs with gleaming, yellow eyes.

"Soon, so will you."

With a quick bash of his foot up against the low table, sending it skidding across the floor. Wood collided with bone with an audible cracking sound as the thugs' leader hunched over, practically howling in pain. The ronin wasted no time, lunging forward and grabbing the folds of his kimono.

He bashed his knee into the thug's face next, sending him flying into another of his men. Both fell over, knocked out by the impact. The remaining three immediately flew into ready positions- and they were carrying weapons, too.

What a joy.

Ryoma ducked low under the swing of a bandit's jitte and brought his fist up, letting it slam into the thug's chin. The strength of the boar ran through his veins as he turned around, barely dodging a sloppily thrown left hook from another thug that sneaked up on him. This one earned a fist to the gut- as he toppled over, Ryoma kicked him across the face.

Turning to the last thug, he found that the man's jitte was already drawn, swinging about like a drunk firefly.

Kneeling briefly, Ryoma picked up his odachi, still sheathed. He lunged, bringing the blade up as if to strike him overhead. As the man raised his weapon to parry the blow- Ryoma twisted his shoulders and cracked the scabbard like a whip across the man's face.

With all five subdued- and someone definitely heard all the ruckus- Ryoma took a whiff of the night air. The only warmth still left in him was the adrenaline of fighting, and the last of his earlier grogginess fading away.

He shook his head, walking over to where he had let the leader of the thugs fall. Jumping down, he landed, barely even taking any damage.

He had to get to Ashikaga, and soon.

"Looks like I overstayed my welcome here at Takamori," He muttered and departed into the night.

74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg
"Those no good sons of bitches must have already warned every damn lackey they've got," Ryoma muttered under his breath as he dashed through the streets. A fleeing ex-yakuza, being chased by bandits. Any samurai would have shunned a man like him long ago- but then again, Ryoma didn't consider himself a noble warrior who had a lord.

"Well, I had a lord. But I killed him." He thought, cracking a vicious grin. The sounds of shouting reached his ears once again as a bandit sprang into view.

"Boss! I got him! He's-- aaugh!"

The man's warning- or bluff, Ryoma didn't care either way- was silenced as the ronin threw a shoulder into his gut. His voice cracked into a bloody gasp as the attacker stomped his foot down on his wrist, preventing him from using his dropped weapon. Ryoma picked it up and inspected it.

"A gun?" His eyes narrowed. Back in the yakuza, he'd heard of these things. Gunpowder strong enough to match even shugenja magic.

And the very thought of measly thugs using these kinds of weapons made his blood come to a boil.

"You fancy yourself one of Hizen's lapdogs, huh, punk?! Where the fuck did you all get this?! Huh?!"

The man coughed and glared at him. "Kutabare...!"

"Not willing to talk then." Ryoma grabbed the man by his hair. "Well, if you're not gonna use that face to do anything good, I hope you don't mind if I pound it into the pottery."

And so, he did. A couple of loud smashes later, Ryoma fled the scene of his crime with a fancy, long-ranged weapon in hand. He didn't know how to fire it, sure, but this could do well to bluff any archer on the field. Right now, with the thugs on his back, he wouldn't be able to take the main road towards Ashikaga.

"Into the forest I go then," He grumbled as he headed towards the confines of the trees. Almost immediately, after a few steps in, he could smell the familiar scent of a dead man.

"Someone's been murdering around here." He discovered a dead samurai- or so it seemed, judging by the katana at his side. "Now what poor fool got this bastard?" The body was tossed carelessly to the side, as if it were being concealed. Upon further inspection, he found the crest of a samurai clan- he didn't care which- and some ryo still remaining on the man.

He tossed the coin pouch up and caught it every now and then, satisfied in the sound of coins jingling. "I suppose you won't be needing this then, samurai-sama," He mocked a bit before letting the coin pouch join his. Extra ryo could solve many, many problems in the Capital- even ones a wild boar's tusks couldn't solve.

He stood up, continuing on his way when the scent of blood caught him again. "Kuso! Seems like everyone's a murderer in this forest," He hissed under his breath. This time, the smell was stronger...mainly because there were two bodies this time.

A decapitated man and a thug with a nasty stab wound. Their eyes were wide open in shock- as if whatever got them was scarier than anything.

Humming, Ryoma looted the ryo off their bodies- they had quite a sum; were they traffickers?- and glanced up at the road. "Is that--?"

Tracks. Someone's been walking away from this scene. The tracks were faint- marked with blood, and leading away. Someone knew this forest.

"I don't like following people, but I guess I'll have to," He sighed, getting up to follow the tracks. Last time he was on a hit involving the forest, his target had been in Hakuseki and he ended up in Shigetsuna. Getting lost this time- with that kitsune's grinning face still in his mind- was not an option.

But as he followed the tracks, he heard something. Something musical. Singing- singing in a foreign language. It resounded through the forest, and the smoke coming up from far away alerted him to what it probably- and most possibly was-.

"Some poor fool was shipwrecked here recently..."

Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II Eldarkon Eldarkon

74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg
"Those no good sons of bitches must have already warned every damn lackey they've got," Ryoma muttered under his breath as he dashed through the streets. A fleeing ex-yakuza, being chased by bandits. Any samurai would have shunned a man like him long ago- but then again, Ryoma didn't consider himself a noble warrior who had a lord.

"Well, I had a lord. But I killed him." He thought, cracking a vicious grin. The sounds of shouting reached his ears once again as a bandit sprang into view.

"Boss! I got him! He's-- aaugh!"

The man's warning- or bluff, Ryoma didn't care either way- was silenced as the ronin threw a shoulder into his gut. His voice cracked into a bloody gasp as the attacker stomped his foot down on his wrist, preventing him from using his dropped weapon. Ryoma picked it up and inspected it.

"A gun?" His eyes narrowed. Back in the yakuza, he'd heard of these things. Gunpowder strong enough to match even shugenja magic.

And the very thought of measly thugs using these kinds of weapons made his blood come to a boil.

"You fancy yourself one of Hizen's lapdogs, huh, punk?! Where the fuck did you all get this?! Huh?!"

The man coughed and glared at him. "Kutabare...!"

"Not willing to talk then." Ryoma grabbed the man by his hair. "Well, if you're not gonna use that face to do anything good, I hope you don't mind if I pound it into the pottery."

And so, he did. A couple of loud smashes later, Ryoma fled the scene of his crime with a fancy, long-ranged weapon in hand. He didn't know how to fire it, sure, but this could do well to bluff any archer on the field. Right now, with the thugs on his back, he wouldn't be able to take the main road towards Ashikaga.

"Into the forest I go then," He grumbled as he headed towards the confines of the trees. Almost immediately, after a few steps in, he could smell the familiar scent of a dead man.

"Someone's been murdering around here." He discovered a dead samurai- or so it seemed, judging by the katana at his side. "Now what poor fool got this bastard?" The body was tossed carelessly to the side, as if it were being concealed. Upon further inspection, he found the crest of a samurai clan- he didn't care which- and some ryo still remaining on the man.

He tossed the coin pouch up and caught it every now and then, satisfied in the sound of coins jingling. "I suppose you won't be needing this then, samurai-sama," He mocked a bit before letting the coin pouch join his. Extra ryo could solve many, many problems in the Capital- even ones a wild boar's tusks couldn't solve.

He stood up, continuing on his way when the scent of blood caught him again. "Kuso! Seems like everyone's a murderer in this forest," He hissed under his breath. This time, the smell was stronger...mainly because there were two bodies this time.

A decapitated man and a thug with a nasty stab wound. Their eyes were wide open in shock- as if whatever got them was scarier than anything.

Humming, Ryoma looted the ryo off their bodies- they had quite a sum; were they traffickers?- and glanced up at the road. "Is that--?"

Tracks. Someone's been walking away from this scene. The tracks were faint- marked with blood, and leading away. Someone knew this forest.

"I don't like following people, but I guess I'll have to," He sighed, getting up to follow the tracks. Last time he was on a hit involving the forest, his target had been in Hakuseki and he ended up in Shigetsuna. Getting lost this time- with that kitsune's grinning face still in his mind- was not an option.

But as he followed the tracks, he heard something. Something musical. Singing- singing in a foreign language. It resounded through the forest, and the smoke coming up from far away alerted him to what it probably- and most possibly was-.

"Some poor fool was shipwrecked here recently..."

Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II Eldarkon Eldarkon
Toru followed the gang into the night. "Alright men!" Hiro said. "You guys split up and find a way to surround him! Block his ass from ever getting near the border!" Hiro pointed to another man. "And you tell the lord about his actions! I want him dead! Runt!" he pointed to Toru, "Stay here,and if I don't come back, find me." So Hiro waited. And waited. He looked up and down. After a while, he heard sounds of thuds and screams. Toru mused "What the-" And stared to follow the sound.

When he got there, he saw the dead body of his boss. Bloodied and beaten in, his face looked like as if some sort of a demon horse back slammed its hooves on his head. He almost puked. While looking around the floor, he found the footsteps of whoever did that. As he started to follow the trail, he looked back on the body of his dead boss. He thought about stealing his sword, but decided against it. It was not honorable, and even if he did, the lord would probably kill him.

On his pursuit, Toru noticed the body of a dead samurai cut open like a pig, dried blood caking up on the grass ad suit of the warrior. Did he do this? he thought to himself, And if so, what am I dealing with...? His fears rose. Walking down the trail even more, he started to look around in fear of a surprise attack.

Eventually, he found the man. Clad in tattoos he more like a monster than an actual human. Immediately, he hid in the bushes, possibly waiting for him to leave. When he felt the man look at him, he started to shiver. I should go, He thought, I could just leave, and tell the others. But He's seen me, I know he has, but maybe...maybe...

"S-Stop right there!"

Toru's voice came out. He didn't mean it to, but it just did. Deciding running away was out of the question, he moved out of the bushes and drew the rusty sword, fumbling all the way. It was a bit pathetic. He held the sword like a child, and a weaker stance to boot. An awkward silence followed.

Sueno had been sleeping peacefully when a sudden and very loud commotion woke him. What was his neighbor doing? You know what, he didn't really want to know. Don't ask questions you don't want answers to and all that. But he still had half a mind to go over there and tell him to stop whatever it was he was doing so the rest of them could have a peaceful night's sleep. Luckily for him, the commotion ceased as he put his hand to his door.

"Hm." he grunted as he let his hand drop down and walked back to his bed. But he didn't go back to sleep, his mind was no longer at ease like it had been. The best way to fix that problem, he had figured out, was to do one of two things. The first option was to sit there and meditate, letting himself work it over and try to find a solution to it right then and there. The second option was to do something else until he forgot about it. At the moment, he preferred the second option.

So, leaving his things, he wasn't up and leaving, he left his room to wander the city. The night air was a bit chilly, but he did not mind. He wouldn't have turned down another layer of clothing, but he didn't mind not having one. When he came to an intersection or split in the road, he picked a random direction to go, making a mental note so he could retrace his foot steps. He didn't know where he was going, and doubted many places would be open at this time, but he was going somewhere.

large.jpg

26eb03d2508fd8bd0ccc143d081f1e58.png

After that was dealt with, Ai continued to journey to Ashikaga, the Imperial capital. Her posture was straight, her expression was relaxed, and her katana was hidden from view. To go to Ashikaga, she prefers to walk through the dense forest instead of walking on the path. She knew the forest by heart, and it hid her from view, unlike the pathway.

Ai started to softly sing a lullaby that her mother would always sing to her. She then started to skip, as if she never murdered the two men from before.

She couldn't shake the feeling of being followed, so she turned around. As a result, she saw nothing. She was about to face front again, she noticed that there were blood on her zoris.

Tawagoto, she cursed in her head. She took off her zoris, revealing her tabis. She then carefully placed the zoris behind her, and started to walk away, calmly, leaving no footprints behind.

Soon, she arrived a very relaxed lake. The moonlight reflected from the lake and as a result, the lake shimmered with clear joy. Ai walked towards the lake, and knelt down.

I should freshen up and drink water, she thought, cupping her hands and filling it with water. She washed her face and filled her hands with water again, to drink it.

I still have a long way to go.

Interacting With: Open for Interaction || Mentioned: Ryoma CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

A young woman, her name being Tsukiko, was walking along a road that was seldom used due to bandit activity.

They wouldn't be an issue anymore.

A large bag was on the pink-haired woman's back, filled only with essential supplies. On her hips were three pouches: one with money, one with bounty posters, and one with a head.

The head was that of the leader of the local bandits, and the only one who was dangerous enough to warrant killing. The rest of them were knocked out and tied up, and the militia from the previous town had payed her a decent sum for the capture.

But the leader's bounty was too large for that particular town to pay.

No, this one she was taking to Ashikaga. It was a good bit larger than the previous village, given that it was the capital; large enough that there was certainly an outpost, and those places would probably pay around 10000 Ryo for this man's head. The price on the poster was 12000, but she knew better than to push her luck when it came to getting full price for a bounty at an outpost: if she tried to intimidate the bounty officer, he could have a bounty placed on her head without having to pay a single ryo.

It wasn't that she needed the money all that much, but money was a useful thing, and weighed practically nothing to her, thus she saw no reason to not have a good stash of it.

Held in Tsukiko's left hand and over her shoulder was her kanabo, made of solid iron with studs running all along the heavy end. It was somewhat bloody, but it could be cleaned off once she could see the capital.

74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg
Ryoma was well on his way to finally getting a lead when he heard a voice. A shaky voice-- but a voice, nevertheless.

"S-Stop right there!"

The rustling of the bushes alerted him to the presence of a man, stepping out. The guy looked practically harmless- no older than twenty, holding a rusty katana like a kid. The blade rattled as his hands did- it was horribly maintained, obviously, and would probably break the moment it came into contact with another blade, or even a jitte. Which basically meant--

This guy would do absolutely no harm to Ryoma. Maybe with time. But right now? The guy was as vulnerable as a child with a bokken. No, not even a bokken- a twig.

So vulnerable, that it made the ronin laugh. Ryoma wasn't the type for loud, boisterous or even maniacal laughter- what erupted out of his mouth was a barking chuckle that almost sounded like a sob played backwards.

"Ahahah...I'm guessing the bald-faced bastard with this gun was your boss, aye?"

Though Ryoma's grip on his odachi's hilt tightened a bit, he didn't plan on using his precious steel on anyone of these bandits. Especially not this kid.

He would have had no mercy for the guy, if not, surprisingly enough, for his courage in the face of an ex-yakuza that butchered his comrades. With a crack of the neck, Ryoma dashed forward as he drew his jitte from the folds of his kimono. With that rusty blade shaking, it was easy to hook it between the kagi and the boshin of his hooked weapon. It wasn't used by armed thugs and police for nothing- the jitte was specifically for arresting a blade and hooking onto clothes.

"Now, since you've got guts, kid, I'm going to give you a few options." Ryoma snarled out, face cracking into a vicious grin.

"First, you can persist on trying to kill me with a rusty sword like this. Don't know if your comrades know- with how poorly they maintained a katana- but rust makes metal brittle and breakable. And up against a police weapon like this jitte here, it's not gonna last."

He shrugged. "The second option- is to just run. I don't care where. You can try and warn your comrades, I suppose, but I'm not going to give you a choice like this again should you all come after me. There's also the option of you just running away from all of this. Run away from that bandit gang, and run away from scary ex-yakuza trying to make their way through the forest. You don't want to end up like your boss."

Though he didn't release the jitte's grip quite yet, Ryoma leaned back slightly. "I'd reckon you have at least some ryo on you, so here's a few tips for you, kid. Go find yourself someone who can give you better steel than that piece of shit in your hands. Then find out how to swing the damn thing. After that-- do whatever you want. Just remember that knowing how to use a weapon makes thing significantly easier here in Takama-ga-hara."

"Enough talking. What's your choice...kid?"

gogojojo331 gogojojo331

74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg
Ryoma was well on his way to finally getting a lead when he heard a voice. A shaky voice-- but a voice, nevertheless.

"S-Stop right there!"

The rustling of the bushes alerted him to the presence of a man, stepping out. The guy looked practically harmless- no older than twenty, holding a rusty katana like a kid. The blade rattled as his hands did- it was horribly maintained, obviously, and would probably break the moment it came into contact with another blade, or even a jitte. Which basically meant--

This guy would do absolutely no harm to Ryoma. Maybe with time. But right now? The guy was as vulnerable as a child with a bokken. No, not even a bokken- a twig.

So vulnerable, that it made the ronin laugh. Ryoma wasn't the type for loud, boisterous or even maniacal laughter- what erupted out of his mouth was a barking chuckle that almost sounded like a sob played backwards.

"Ahahah...I'm guessing the bald-faced bastard with this gun was your boss, aye?"

Though Ryoma's grip on his odachi's hilt tightened a bit, he didn't plan on using his precious steel on anyone of these bandits. Especially not this kid.

He would have had no mercy for the guy, if not, surprisingly enough, for his courage in the face of an ex-yakuza that butchered his comrades. With a crack of the neck, Ryoma dashed forward as he drew his jitte from the folds of his kimono. With that rusty blade shaking, it was easy to hook it between the kagi and the boshin of his hooked weapon. It wasn't used by armed thugs and police for nothing- the jitte was specifically for arresting a blade and hooking onto clothes.

"Now, since you've got guts, kid, I'm going to give you a few options." Ryoma snarled out, face cracking into a vicious grin.

"First, you can persist on trying to kill me with a rusty sword like this. Don't know if your comrades know- with how poorly they maintained a katana- but rust makes metal brittle and breakable. And up against a police weapon like this jitte here, it's not gonna last."

He shrugged. "The second option- is to just run. I don't care where. You can try and warn your comrades, I suppose, but I'm not going to give you a choice like this again should you all come after me. There's also the option of you just running away from all of this. Run away from that bandit gang, and run away from scary ex-yakuza trying to make their way through the forest. You don't want to end up like your boss."

Though he didn't release the jitte's grip quite yet, Ryoma leaned back slightly. "I'd reckon you have at least some ryo on you, so here's a few tips for you, kid. Go find yourself someone who can give you better steel than that piece of shit in your hands. Then find out how to swing the damn thing. After that-- do whatever you want. Just remember that knowing how to use a weapon makes thing significantly easier here in Takama-ga-hara."

"Enough talking. What's your choice...kid?"

gogojojo331 gogojojo331
Toru looked in fear and amazement as the man talked. They way he laughed was so... alien. It was like this man has never done it before. Toru kind of blacked out on some parts that this man was talking. It's not my sword... thought the young man when the man brought it up. Toru. found himself slowly dropping the rusty blade, as it fell to the floor with a crack as it split in twain. A pause fell on both men. As the paused passed, Toru had a thought; What if this 'yak-guy' was gonna kill him regardless of whatever it is he did. "You..wont get far. " He spoke. "They are warning the lord, and since you're carrying that thing-" He pointed to the gun "You'll not get out of here alive if you aren't careful. So..." Toru started to stand straight "So.. you need me. To...survive." He took out his money pouch out of his pocket and jingled it so he could hear the amount of money inside. "Umm.." It was at this point that he realized he was bad at negotiation

ezgif-4-1754af049f.jpg

Akane peeked through the door at the man sitting down next to her father. They seemed to be in deep conversation it wasn't long before voices began to call out to Akane causing her to frantically run to the room the voices seemed to be emitting from.
"Shhhhh Kiara," Akane whispered covering her sister's mouth. Kiara rolled her eyes, "So how did he look?" before Akane could utter a word their elder sister, Mina lightly slapped her sister's elbow, "Who care's about how he looks why's he here."
Akane opened her mouth in shock sarcastically, "Who are you trying to fool? He's here for you who else?" she laughed as she and Kiara circled their sister clapping and shouting, "Yay! Yay-" the two were quickly smacked by their prey. Akane held her accomplice ready to get a scolding but Mina's expression suddenly turned for the worse, "How can I get married when my sister isn't there?"

Akane eyes were sent down to the floor, "....Do you have to go?" Mina said after the long silence. Nodding her head Akane clasped each of her sister's hands in hers, " You always ask questions you know the answers to. Its only for a while I will be back I'll always be. You're my family...the people I trust the most. No matter what happens no matter how much we fight you are the people I will always return to. " Mina smiled pulling her hand away and pinching her sister's nose, " I'm worried about you. How will I know you'll come back alive in one piece. You always get in trouble...and you're so fragile and weak." Kiara merely rolled her eyes whispering underneath her breath, "Fragile my butt." Akane spoke her nose still pinched causing her to sound like a squealing pig, "Me? I'm the strongest one here!"

----

Akane stared at the three men in front of her, "This bag?" one of the men sarcastically answered, "No the one on my head." the other two laughed including Akane. Clearing her throat Akane quickly spoke to break the awkward silence, "Sorry, I can't give you the bag I have a long journey ahead of me. Once I get there I can give it to you. Sounds good alright bye." Akane spoke unusually fast as she frantically walked away leaving the men confused as to what happened but alas was dragged back.
"Listen, Miss?"
"Akane, Akane Tendo."
"Ah yes thank you. Listen MissAkane we can do this the hard way or the easy way. Give us the bag or we'll cut you limb from limb."
Akane gulped dropping the bag.
-
It had been quite a while these men were large in size Akane wondered what they eat on a daily basis as he tied the two down. Turning to the third on and the largest one who Akane knocked down almost three times now and now it seemed it was going to be a fourth as the man stood up, "Why you!" Akane shook her head about to attack when she saw a small creature with 8 legs slowly crawl from behind her attacker's shoulder, "Ahhhh A SPIDER." the female nearly forgot to grab her bag as she ran leaving the man behind. It turned out that the spider would have been better than what she had just walked in on (more like ran in) two men were standing face to face. Overhearing most of their conversation it left Akane completely awed especially the last part how can that man be so weak as to sell himself in such a way. "Hey! You!" she said walking over to the shameful man (Toru) grabbing the sack of money, "How can you be so shameful. I know It's not my place to step in but really at least die fighting then at least you tried. Tsk, tsk you should be ashamed of yourself. How much money were you going to give him anyway this junk won't buy anything thing." she said opening the bag, "Oh wow you actually have a lot in here you can buy like 4 big whole chickens this could feed a village.....By the way, why are you even associating with this man....are you in trouble did you do something you shouldn't? Tell me...don't worry I'll help you. This guy probably just looks. You know the saying he talks the talk but doesn't know how to walk the walk...something like that. Ethier way he's all show." with that, she turned to the man eyeing him up and down before coughing slightly he sure looked frightening not to mention the sword forget the sword altogether the tattoos were the most terrifying. 'What was he thinking when he had those done to him? ' brushing that off she pointed a finger at the man, "Listen, buddy, I know it's none of my business to just jump in because that's just rude but when I see injustice my body is not my own. this guy isn't scared of you he'll beat you up right here right now." turning to the man beside her she winked at him with that she turned back to the tattooed man, "Ha you think you stand a chance he'll wipe the floor clean with you. He said gun, this guy here doesn't need a gun to beat you or a sword y-Do either of you know the way to Ashikaga?"

Tags: gogojojo331 gogojojo331 CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

Last edited:
View attachment 382446

Akane peeked through the door at the man sitting down next to her father. They seemed to be in deep conversation it wasn't long before voices began to call out to Akane causing her to frantically run to the room the voices seemed to be emitting from.
"Shhhhh Kiara," Akane whispered covering her sister's mouth. Kiara rolled her eyes, "So how did he look?" before Akane could utter a word their elder sister, Mina lightly slapped her sister's elbow, "Who care's about how he looks why's he here."
Akane opened her mouth in shock sarcastically, "Who are you trying to fool? He's here for you who else?" she laughed as she and Kiara circled their sister clapping and shouting, "Yay! Yay-" the two were quickly smacked by their prey. Akane held her accomplice ready to get a scolding but Mina's expression suddenly turned for the worse, "How can I get married when my sister isn't there?"

Akane eyes were sent down to the floor, "....Do you have to go?" Mina said after the long silence. Nodding her head Akane clasped each of her sister's hands in hers, " You always ask questions you know the answers to. Its only for a while I will be back I'll always be. You're my family...the people I trust the most. No matter what happens no matter how much we fight you are the people I will always return to. " Mina smiled pulling her hand away and pinching her sister's nose, " I'm worried about you. How will I know you'll come back alive in one piece. You always get in trouble...and you're so fragile and weak." Kiara merely rolled her eyes whispering underneath her breath, "Fragile my butt." Akane spoke her nose still pinched causing her to sound like a squealing pig, "Me? I'm the strongest one here!"

----

Akane stared at the three men in front of her, "This bag?" one of the men sarcastically answered, "No the one on my head." the other two laughed including Akane. Clearing her throat Akane quickly spoke to break the awkward silence, "Sorry, I can't give you the bag I have a long journey ahead of me. Once I get there I can give it to you. Sounds good alright bye." Akane spoke unusually fast as she frantically walked away leaving the men confused as to what happened but alas was dragged back.
"Listen, Miss?"
"Akane, Akane Tendo."
"Ah yes thank you. Listen MissAkane we can do this the hard way or the easy way. Give us the bag or we'll cut you limb from limb."
Akane gulped dropping the bag.
-
It had been quite a while these men were large in size Akane wondered what they eat on a daily basis as he tied the two down. Turning to the third on and the largest one who Akane knocked down almost three times now and now it seemed it was going to be a fourth as the man stood up, "Why you!" Akane shook her head about to attack when she saw a small creature with 8 legs slowly crawl from behind her attacker's shoulder, "Ahhhh A SPIDER." the female nearly forgot to grab her bag as she ran leaving the man behind. It turned out that the spider would have been better than what she had just walked in on (more like ran in) two men were standing face to face. Overhearing most of their conversation it left Akane completely awed especially the last part how can that man be so weak as to sell himself in such a way. "Hey! You!" she said walking over to the shameful man (Toru) grabbing the sack of money, "How can you be so shameful. I know It's not my place to step in but really at least die fighting then at least you tried. Tsk, tsk you should be ashamed of yourself. How much money were you going to give him anyway this junk won't buy anything thing." she said opening the bag, "Oh wow you actually have a lot in her you can buy like 4 big whole chickens this could feed a village.....By the way, why are you even associating with this man....are you in trouble did you do something you shouldn't? Tell me...don't worry I'll help you. This guy probably just looks. You know the saying he talks the talk but doesn't know how to walk the walk...something like that. Ethier way he's all show." with that, she turned to the man eyeing him up and down before coughing slightly he sure looked frightening not to mention the sword forget the sword altogether the tattoos were the most terrifying. 'What was he thinking when he had those done to him? ' brushing that off she pointed a finger at the man, "Listen, buddy, I know it's none of my business to just jump in because that's just rude but when I see injustice my body is not my own. this guy isn't scared of you he'll beat you up right here right now." turning to the man beside her she winked at him with that she turned back to the tattooed man, "Ha you think you stand a chance he'll wipe the floor clean with you. He said gun, this guy here doesn't need a gun to beat you or a sword y-Do either of you know the way to Ashikaga?"

"Uhhh..." Toru was now confused. Not out of fear for the girl, more so that he couldn't understand her due to her rapid fire statements and questions. "Uh...He killed 2 people...he says he's 'Yakuza'-thing...and I don't want to die." Toru also kept his focus on the bag of money, which had his sisters fire in it. "Could you please give that back? It's all I have." Unbeknownst to the girl, the money in the bag was worth four big chickens that he had grown and taken care of, plus some ox, cows and pigs. "I...I need to learn how to handle a sword...so I can help someone else. My sister-" Dammit, he had let personal information slip! He was turning into that girl! Just keep calm. "Sister and Mother-" STOP TALKING! He shouted at himself internally.

74iOKKp.jpg
UWP2POa.jpg
kyswfSb.jpg
"You..won't get far."

"Am I hearing this guy correctly?" Ryoma stopped himself from laughing again, though his lips still curled upwards in a sardonic smirk. He still held his jitte, though the rusty katana dropped and broke as the guy finally let go of it.

"They are warning the lord, and since you're carrying that thing--You'll not get out of here alive if you aren't careful. So..."

The jingling of a coin bag reached Ryoma's ears. The kid brought out a pouch.

"So.. you need me. To...survive."

"Need? You? Hah!" Ryoma kept the thought to himself, but shook his head, laughing again. "If I'm the one that needs you, why are you paying me?"

"Still, the kid...he looks like he'll pass for a samurai if he just picked up a sword and knew how to hold it right." Just as an idea popped into his head, another voice startled him.

"Hey! You!"

A woman walked over, snatching the sack of money right out of the kid's hands. She was...reprimanding the kid? This was getting more hilarious by the second. Soon enough, after she was done with her little tirade, the topic switched to the heavily tattooed elephant in the room.

"...You know the saying- he talks the talk, but he doesn't know how to walk the walk...something like that. Either way, he's all show--"

Ryoma cut his eavesdropping off there. He reached up and cracked his knuckles, watching as the woman looked him over. He knew where her eyes wandered- he knew where anyone's eyes wandered when it came to looking at him. It was only two things- the odachi and the jitte he had on his person, or the ink brands of the Yamagata-gumi's clan.

"Listen, buddy, I know it's none of my business to jump in because that's rude, but when I see injustice, my body is not my own. This guy isn't scared of you, he'll beat you up, right here, right now." She was smirking. Definitely. Ryoma just felt like doubling over in laughter. This was better than any cheap kabuki act- this was happening, and it was making him laugh.

"Ha, you think you stand a chance? He'll wipe the floor clean with you. He said gun, this guy here doesn't need to beat you, or a sword-- do either of you know the way to Ashikaga?"

That was it. Ryoma laughed again, throwing his head back. "Hah! And here I thought you were some tough woman-- turns out you're just a lost little girl! What are you heading to Ashikaga for, onna?" He grinned. "Gonna find some rich samurai to marry?"

"I...I need to learn how to handle a sword...so I can help someone else. My sister-"

"Well, your little boy over here doesn't seem so tough right now to me. You really think this guy can and will bash my head in?" Ryoma smirked. "I'm heading to Ashikaga myself. And if this kid doesn't even know what yakuza is- he's not gonna last long not knowing how to defend himself."

"I got a brilliant idea. If you like him so much, you could journey to Ashikaga together and go con some people. Tell 'em he's a samurai and you're his chick- solves all the problems you have with the hierarchy!" Ryoma cracked a cruel laugh at his own joke. He picked up the dead samurai's blade from earlier, tossing it once or twice in the air.

"Doesn't look like this thing's as fucked up as the rusty blade down there," He kicked the broken katana to the side. "So I'm guessin' you want to be a samurai, aye? Then you have to look the part. Catch."

He tossed the blade over to the youth, still sheathed. "Consider it an act of generosity from a ronin. As for the lady--" Ryoma glanced over the woman, trying to figure out what she could do in Ashikaga.

"Wait, why the hell am I wondering about a bunch of pricks I just met?" Ryoma grimaced. "I must be getting soft. And don't snort at me, you fuckin' pig." He could still hear the boar's grunts and squeals.

"Eh. The lady's not my problem. With your looks, any samurai would give up their ryo to show you off as a trophy."

gogojojo331 gogojojo331 s u n s u n

ezgif-4-1754af049f.jpg

Akane clapped her hands lightly laughing nervously for the most part it hadn't dawned on the black-haired female that she was lost until now. "Well, I didn't realize I was lost until just now-" her murmurs were cut short by a shocking statement which caused her to gasp 'Rich man...Samurai? Who does this guy think I am?'
"Wow mister you're pretty shallow it doesn't matter how much money a man has. Plus who says I need a man...my family is well off as is. Speaking of which I was planning to open up my own business if I didn't have this thing to take care off." placing a finger on her chin a bit hesitant to speak at first, "Speaking of which...have you heard of warriors? Or how should I put this? People with powers..." Akane didn't feel comfortable just blurting out there are voices in her head speaking to her. And finding others like her wasting going to be easy. Honestly, what was she thinking? To just march up to people and say she has an animal inside of her and looking for others?

Accidentally laughing out loud at her internal thoughts she quickly brushed off. Answering the overconfident man question, did she think that this man (Toru) could beat this long-haired man, "You crazy! I have a better chance of beating you or at least getting away alive...that stick has a better chance. I was giving him a chance to fight and gain new experiences." turning to the man beside her Akane patted him on the shoulder, "Sorry buddy but I still believe in you."

"I'm heading to Ashikaga myself. And if this kid doesn't even know what yakuza is- he's not gonna last long not knowing how to defend himself."

"That's great you can show-You mustn't say there name...their everywhere." turning to Turo Akane violently slapped his shoulders, " It's best you not even know them." clicking her tongue at the thought of the word Yakuza, "Their all vile if you ever encounter one tell him you already died the worst thing you could do is beg for your life and say you have kids it's something they don't have and probably will never get. If that doesn't work use you're head not literally. I mean use your...brain. I can say this with personal experience that they tend to always use force and are quite uneducated-kid are you taking notes?" she motioned for the boy to remember this, sighing she looked at the both of them, "Don't worry though the chances o encountering one are low they ever travel alone...I think." she said with a smile unsure if the last part was true.

Akane watched as this man in front of her rambled on, "I'm sorry chick? Listen, buddy, I'm not some chicken!" Akane had just now realized the man's unusual way of talking. Obviously, he wasn't raised in a noble home or he wouldn't talk like that. Most people who talk like that are born on the streets.

The male threw a type of weapon towards the man next to her it looked offly dangerous. Ignore the man who was still talking something about going soft and such. Snapping back to reality she heard enough to make her swing her palm to the so mentioned before ronin, slapping him on the right side of his cheek. It had slowly dawned on her what she had done the horror slightly visible on her face, "Oh m- are you ok? Of course, you're okay I'm only a girl that probably didn't-Wait! what? no!" she quickly remembered the words inside her head 'trophy'
why was she apologizing?

Pointing a finger at the ronin, "You're in the wrong. And you're right it's not your problem. The trophy he said I won't accept a single ryo to be a pigs trophy. Even if the emperor himself long may he rain came to be I wouldn't accept. Not that he would it's just a scenario. And who said I'd go for a samurai or accept a samurai? What about butchers, or bakers? Samurai their the weakest of us all. Men are all animals!" with that she turned walked straight ahead passing by the ronin, "Animal." with that she disappeared into the forest. Only to appear once again.

Akane had a bit of a temper it was something she couldn't control it was like another person was living inside her body-oh. "Uh-um wonderful weather we're having," she said walking back forgetting that she was lost, "I just remembered I'm lost...can you just point out the way to Ashikaga?" she said laughing nervously.

Last edited:
Hoshika Tsukiko was an interested woman at the moment.

After an odd encounter with a travelling merchant, she had ended up going off of the road and through the woods, taking what she thought was a shortcut.

Let it be said that Tsukiko was not the type to stick to a specific route if she thought a different one would be quicker.

In any case, due to this sudden change in direction, she came across two men (although she felt one of them was closer to being a boy than a man) and a woman who was asking for directions to Ashikaga.

Thus, she inserted herself into the situation in a rather strange way. Why?

Because she felt like messing with some people. How?

By jumping out of the bushes.

"Helloooo!" She called out in a singsong voice.

Honestly, she didn't know what to expect. She knew that people knew of her, but it was usually by name, not by appearance. Still, she was a young woman with a slightly bloody kanabo over her shoulder with pink eyes and hair. If nothing else she might scare them.

In any case, this was going to be entertaining.

s u n s u n CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell gogojojo331 gogojojo331

As the knight finished his requiem, he could start to hear voices speaking in a foreign tongue coming from the forest. He thought it odd that they hadn't investigated the source of the singing yet- then again, he couldn't understand their speech, so for all he knew, they could be talking about him. No matter. William was going to finish his vigil and watch over the bodies as they burned regardless. He stood there with his sword still planted in the sand, gazing into the fire as his allies ascended into the heavens.

((Short post because I haven't gotten any interaction in a while.))

large.jpg

Once Ai was finished with her drink, she got up, and dusted her clothing off. She grabbed her katana placed it where no one would be able to see it clearly. She started to slowly walk away from the glistening lake, and into the twisted forest once again.

Her eyes started to get a bit droopy and as she yawned.

Maybe I should take a 'cat' nap...?

Ai nodded to herself as she yawned again. She started to walk again, trying to find the perfect tree to sleep on.

After a few minutes, she spotted a really big tree with thick branches. She grinned to herself. Perfect.

Ai started to quickly climb that tree using her bare hands and her feet. Her katana in her large, silky ribbon belt. Once she arrived at the top, she lunged forward on to the branch, and quietly sat down.

She yawned again, and stretched like a cat. Perfect spot for a perfect cat.

She closed her eyes, but she heard voices near.

"Doesn't look like this thing's as fucked up as the rusty blade down there," a boy kicked the broken katana to the side. "So I'm guessin' you want to be a samurai, aye? Then you have to look the part. Catch."

He tossed the blade over to another boy, still sheathed. "Consider it an act of generosity from a ronin. As for the lady--" The man glanced over at a woman, trying to figure out something.

Suddenly, the male grimaced.

"Eh. The lady's not my problem. With your looks, any samurai would give up their ryo to show you off as a trophy."

Ai internally groaned. They're disturbing my sleep. She wondered if she could do anything about this, but it's not her problem.

Pointing a finger at the ronin, the woman said, "You're in the wrong. And you're right it's not your problem. The trophy he said I won't accept a single ryo to be a pigs trophy. Even if the emperor himself long may he rain came to be I wouldn't accept. Not that he would it's just a scenario. And who said I'd go for a samurai or accept a samurai? What about butchers, or bakers? Samurai their the weakest of us all. Men are all animals!" with that she turned walked straight ahead passing by the ronin, "Animal."

Ai grinned. Couldn't have said it better than that.

With that, the woman disappeared into the forest. Only to appear once again.

"I just remembered I'm lost...can you just point out the way to Ashikaga?" she said, laughing nervously.

Ugh. So noisy.

"Hellooo!" another girl arrived.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Oi," Ai opened her cold, ruthless silver eyes to look down at the four of them.

"You're disturbing my sleep. Go take your matters somewhere else."

Mentioned: None || Interacting with: gogojojo331 gogojojo331 s u n s u n CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell Frozen Toast Lady Frozen Toast Lady

large.jpg

Once Ai was finished with her drink, she got up, and dusted her clothing off. She grabbed her katana placed it where no one would be able to see it clearly. She started to slowly walk away from the glistening lake, and into the twisted forest once again.

Her eyes started to get a bit droopy and as she yawned.

Maybe I should take a 'cat' nap...?

Ai nodded to herself as she yawned again. She started to walk again, trying to find the perfect tree to sleep on.

After a few minutes, she spotted a really big tree with thick branches. She grinned to herself. Perfect.

Ai started to quickly climb that tree using her bare hands and her feet. Her katana in her large, silky ribbon belt. Once she arrived at the top, she lunged forward on to the branch, and quietly sat down.

She yawned again, and stretched like a cat. Perfect spot for a perfect cat.

She closed her eyes, but she heard voices near.

"Doesn't look like this thing's as fucked up as the rusty blade down there," a boy kicked the broken katana to the side. "So I'm guessin' you want to be a samurai, aye? Then you have to look the part. Catch."

He tossed the blade over to another boy, still sheathed. "Consider it an act of generosity from a ronin. As for the lady--" The man glanced over at a woman, trying to figure out something.

Suddenly, the male grimaced.

Ai internally groaned. They're disturbing my sleep. She wondered if she could do anything about this, but it's not her problem.

Pointing a finger at the ronin, the woman said, "You're in the wrong. And you're right it's not your problem. The trophy he said I won't accept a single ryo to be a pigs trophy. Even if the emperor himself long may he rain came to be I wouldn't accept. Not that he would it's just a scenario. And who said I'd go for a samurai or accept a samurai? What about butchers, or bakers? Samurai their the weakest of us all. Men are all animals!" with that she turned walked straight ahead passing by the ronin, "Animal."

Ai grinned. Couldn't have said it better than that.

With that, the woman disappeared into the forest. Only to appear once again.

"I just remembered I'm lost...can you just point out the way to Ashikaga?" she said, laughing nervously.

Ugh. So noisy.

"Hellooo!" another girl arrived.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Oi," Ai opened her cold, ruthless silver eyes to look down at the four of them.

"You're disturbing my sleep. Go take your matters somewhere else."

Mentioned: None || Interacting with: gogojojo331 gogojojo331 s u n s u n CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell Frozen Toast Lady Frozen Toast Lady

Tsukiko wasn't a patient woman. Yes, she could wait and hide and do things that required patience, but it wasn't in her nature to wait around.

Thus, she almost instantly reacted to the young woman she decided to treat like a sleepy child.

"Aww, does Chibiko-chan want a nap before she plays in the woods?"

Note: For those unaware, the rough translation for Chibiko (Chibi and Ko put together) would be Brat Child.

Tsukiko figured she could provoke a vocal response, and from there mess with the young woman she labeled 'Chibiko' in her mind.

Besides, if the girl turned out to be trouble, and she doubted that katana was for show given that it showed signs of recent use, she would probably try and attack her directly if she was angry.

Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas

Kompira

Dangling his legs into a river not too far from Ashikaga, Kompira decided a quick break was needed on his way to the capital.

"One after the other the days go by, and it's starting to take a toll on my body." He complained to himself aloud.
"Honestly, Ashikaga simply can't be that far.... or at least to hope father's words were true."
Being reminiscent of the last interaction he had with his parents.
"Of course they were... He had no reason to tell a lie to me, follow the great river and you'll find your way he said."

Shaking his head to stop his ramblings Kompira crept back to his feet, picking up his weapon on the way.
Moments after making sure he had all of his belongings on him, he went back on his way.
Traveling along side the somewhat restless river.

With every step he took his eyes kept tracing back towards the flowing river.
He began to burst with laughter.
"Bwahahahahah, to think this was the same river in which held one of the greatest turning points in my life."
"Hilarious.."

With that he simply kept walking with his mind going wild with all the memories he had.
The Dance of the Kitsune, the Crocodile, and the gamble to bring everyone's fate together.

Last edited:
Somewhere in a forest close to a beach.
Fennik sat by a fire, occasionally poking it with a stick while a dead rabbit cooked over the flame, tied by it's legs.
He fell back and closed his eyes, resting. It wasn't more than five minutes before he noticed an odd amount of smoke around. He looked into the forest, not seeing anything he decided to turn to the beach where he saw a ship-or what was left of it- and some fire.
He got up from a jump, grabbing his gear and going to investigate.
As he left the dense foliage of the forest he saw a man not quite any he'd seen before. His eyes had a weird shape and he wore even weirder armor. The sword in the sand next to him was also alien to Fennik. He assumed the man was a survivor of a shipwreck.
Without even knowing why he yelled to the man. Only later noticing that he wouldn't understand anything and could even be dangerous.
"Hey !" He said, waving at the man.
Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II

Users who are viewing this thread

Back