Samantha Riley O'Connor

Becca's Bliss

Gamma-fied Glory
tumblr_nlw2l6R8SN1snz4l6o1_500.jpg

Name: Samantha Riley O’Connor

Nickname(s): Sam; Riley

Sexuality: Panromantic Asexual

House Request: Thunderbird. I agree with Pottermore on this one, since Thunderbird favors the soul and adventurers.

Wand Request:

wood-wand-clipart-1.jpg

Pottermore said 12 ¾” Rowan with Phoenix feather core and supple flexibility, but I think Pine is better suited to her personality, since Rowan favors clear-headed individuals and Pine favors loners.

Bio: Riley was born into a family of highly conservative and religious No-Majs. Her parents had high expectations for her, especially since her older siblings had been so successful in their academics. However, she was always too busy daydreaming and reading to pay attention to her classes, and she spent all of her free time wandering around outside, either playing pretend or finding cool rocks and plants to collect.

During one of these “adventures”, she got lost in the woods and ran into what she later described to her parents as a “man-wolf”. She managed to escape from it by hiding in an abandoned cottage, but unfortunately, she had been scratched across the back while running away. Her younger brother, the only other person in the family who shared her love for the magical and supernatural, believed her story and started building a bunker for her, which she would later stay in during full moons.

Following this, Riley became much more reclusive than she already was. She even distanced herself from her brother, who was pretty much the only friend she had. She still snuck out of the house and wandered through the woods from time to time, but she was a lot more careful about running into people. Her parents were worried about how she was spending her free time, so they’ve tried to fill up her schedule with hobbies and after school programs, but that's only made things worse. She just wants an escape from all her troubles and her life in general, but the only place to escape into right now is her mind.

Personality: Riley is a very creative and imaginative soul. She likes exploring her surroundings, reading, writing, drawing – anything she can do to express herself or get a temporary escape from reality. She doesn't care much for socialization, not only because she finds it awkward and uncomfortable, but because personal experience has taught her that the majority of people she meets won't like her and may even try to hurt her. Even when she finds a person that genuinely wants to spend time with her, she distances herself from them out of fear that she won't be a suitable (or safe, given her case of lycanthropy) companion for them. However, despite her seemingly spacey nature and tendency to keep to herself, Riley is not shy in the slightest. Sure, she’s generally a pretty quiet person, but when she has something she wants to say, she says it, especially when it comes to bullies or other ignorant people. She can be quite intimidating to these types of people, whether it's by giving them a silent glare or by using her sharp wit to put them in their place, often embarrassing them in front of their peers.

Note: She has minor cases of ADHD and Aspergers.

Strengths:

-decently skilled in many random things (tae kwon do, fencing, gymnastics, calligraphy, singing, playing the violin, sewing, etc.) but those aren't really useful in the wizarding world

-has a lot of self control

-intelligent

-good at putting people in their place and getting bullies to back down

Weaknesses:

-unfocused

-knows literally nothing about the wizarding world, because she gets all her knowledge from books

-has never intentionally done anything magical, and probably attributed it to an active imagination if she has, so she will have a harder time learning magic at first

-gets night terrors, and has spells of insomnia because of it

-gets really bad tension headaches that get worse with stress, heat, excessive noise, and crowded spaces

-lets curiosity get the best of her

Class Ratings:

1.) Care of Magical Creatures

2.) Potions

3.) Herbology

4.) Defense Against Dark Arts

5.) Charms

6.) Astronomy

7.) Transfiguration

8.) Intro to Wizard Transportation/Flying/and Portkeys

Jinx: 
d2c4ddb2614064e5106f9aa0dcffe64e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Article of Pottermor sayyssss:

Rowan

Rowan wood has always been much-favoured for wands, because it is reputed to be more protective than any other, and in my experience renders all manner of defensive charms especially strong and difficult to break. It is commonly stated that no dark witch or wizard ever owned a rowan wand, and I cannot recall a single instance where one of my own rowan wands has gone on to do evil in the world. Rowan is most happily placed with the clear-headed and the pure-hearted, but this reputation for virtue ought not to fool anyone - these wands are the equal of any, often the better, and frequently out-perform others in duels.

Pine

The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious. Pine wands enjoy being used creatively, and unlike some others, will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells. Many wandmakers insist that pine wands are able to detect, and perform best for, owners who are destined for long lives, and I can confirm this in as much as I have never personally known the master of a pine wand to die young. The pine wand is one of those that is most sensitive to non-verbal magic.

Hmmmm, while I agree Pine does indeed suit your characters personality at first look, but.... I reread her bio... 

It seems (to me) she is only making herself to be a loner because of her lycanthropy, which has forced her to distance herself in order to protect others from herself, which makes me agree with Pottermore's Rowan decision, I hope that's alright.... 

[SIZE= 14px]Also, I am unable to open the [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]link[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] indicated for Jinx ^^ [/SIZE]

@SolistheSunIf you reread her bio, lycanthropy only made her more if a loner than she already was. The only person she ever hung out with was her younger brother. Plus, I thought the whole creative aspect fit her too. However, I am fine with whatever your final decision is.

I will try to fix the picture, but I'm on mobile right now, so I might have to wait until I'm on a computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, cool. The picture just showed up 

The power of embedding! 

You have been assigned to Thunderbird congrats! A [SIZE= 13px]2 ¾” Rowan with Phoenix feather core wand with supple flexibility, has chosen you as a wand! == Accepted! [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back