Salutations (An OOC Greetings)

Crumbli

the Tea Time Tyrant
Hello everybody,

I am a new role player to this site and to be honest, rather new to Forum RPs.

I come from the world of MMO RPGs, theatrical performances and general story telling shenanigans (Please don't hate me for that). I was recommended to the world of forum role playing by a friend who says that she enjoys her time spent here. She's not much of a fan of the MMO RPG genre and has shown me some of her writing pieces which leads me to believe if I were to join in with her I'd have to be able to write a short novel every time I went to say hi or shake someone's hand.

However I do believe that I have enough knowledge in the world of Role play and improvisation to successfully begin a new a page in my acting.

As for my looks I think it's best to leave it up to mystery. I'm not much a vain person however I don't believe I could accurately portray myself through words alone. Though if it is easier for you to imagine me as a person to keep my gender being a male in mind and the fact I have a rather deep tone to accompany it. I personally believe it easier to imagine me as my profile picture as... Well, that's me as a rabbit, I pretty much wear the same things.

Just to put this out there, I am actually looking for people who would be able to teach me a thing or two about forum role plays as the friends I have currently have taught me in... OTHER forms of role play on forums (if you don't understand what that means I am referring to forum ERPs). I'd like to make a few friends here and there but if I don't, I'm not fussed about it.

~
Thank you for your time, regards

Cookie the Brave

Mechanically, it's no different - and you definitely won't be needing to write a novel every time! In the more demanding stuff you might see some two or three paragraph minimums, but even within Detailed plays it's at the discretion of the play creator. No obligation to join those!

As for making friends - that's easy here on RPN! Definitely swing by the Shoutbox sometime, where we all chat. You can meet regulars and have loads of fun~.

If you've been involved in any medium of forum RP's, ERP or not, I don't think you'll have trouble adjusting! The best way to get used to it is to join one. Most of us here are super friendly and patient, and those of us who aren't... don't last long. ( ;) )

Dusk already covered most of it, so I'mma just gonna welcome you newblood to our fine site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back