• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern saint mary's college for the gifted | rp thread

Kally took a deep breath walking into the great hall of Saint Mary’s College.She was amazed at the amazing professional and clean look.She had always wanted to attend since she was a child and she finally got accepted.She held her violin close as she looked for the admin. Office.She sighed completely lost.

Ali Ali

A tall, dark haired boy was shuffling down the hall, his hair swept in a million different directions as he did. His blue eyes followed the curves of the unique architectural designs of the Great Hall, and he smiled faintly. It had never ceased to amaze him, the wonderful marble carvings and stone busts that lined the window-filled corridor. Saint Mary’s was like a second home to him, one where he could escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and just relax in the sprawling gardens of her campus. That was, when Louis wasn’t up his rear asking for help with his assignments. His brother was lucky, that he knew, that Nicolas had gotten into this college. If it weren’t for him, Louis would be at some cheap community college back home, still flirting with anyone who’d pay him mind.

But with a sharp breath and a sip of his drink, Nicolas was brought back into the bright hold of reality. His boots scuffed against the marble floors as he made his way towards the main entrance to the main building, his dark hair shining in the light from the massive windows. He kept his head level and his gaze unfocused, pausing as he saw the figure of an unfamiliar girl standing in the center of it. Saint Mary’s was a huge campus, but he knew a large percentage of the students, if not by name, then by looks. So her unfamiliarity drew him closer, and he lowered his head gently to try and meet her lost gaze. His brown hair fell loosely into his forehead, but he didn’t move to sweep it away.

“Lost?” he began, smiling and flashing his bright teeth.

“Quite so I cant seem to find the administrations office.”Kally says with a slight English accent that comes out when she is caught off guard.

She turned to look at the man who spoke to her as her eyes widened.He was good looking with dark hair.She smiled at him kindly,”Sorry to be a bother.”She says at first,”But could you show me to the office I am looking for.”She says kindly.

She felt self aware,her messy curly brown hair barely went neat and her face was not one most would stare at,everybody looked away from her when she was younger so she thought she had a horride face.”Excuse me But is there something on my face you seem to be staring.”She says politely.

He lifted his head, crossing his arms and leaning back. His blue eyes scanned her small frame for a fleeting moment before he turned away. Was that a hint of an accent in her voice? The thoughts rambled through his head like they often did for a moment before he turned away for a moment, peering down a side hallway. He listened to her words for a moment, nodding quickly and taking another sip of his drink. “Admin office is right down that first hallway,” he explained, clearing his throat. “I forget which one though. Come with me,” he said, turning on his heel and beginning to make his way down the hallway.

The office hallway, similar to the one they had just exited, was lavishly built and decorated, with antique marble, stone, and glass accents scattered across the walls, floors, and shelves. It was a gorgeous building, and this sector was no doubt the same. He took a deep breath, the familiar smell of stone and open air filling his nostrils for a moment as his shoes echoed against the floor. “I think you’re mistaken,” he began. “I wasn’t staring. It’s considered polite to make eye contact when speaking with someone.” He smiled to himself for a moment, his back still to the other woman as he did. “Maybe not where you’re from, though. Any who, administrative office is right through here.” He pulled open a glass and wooden door, easily turning the metal handle and opening it for her.

“Good luck with whatever it is you’re doing,” he said finally, offering a quick smile and wave as he leaned against the doorway.

Kally thanked him following him the entire way before she stopped as she got to the admin office.She turned to him,”Thank you I am Kally by the way.”She says.

She headed into the office talking to secretary who was more than happy to welcome her.”Dear we have this festival going on later tonight and I’m sure if you ask you can play in it.”The secretary says politely as Kally sat and waited for the headmaster and her guide.

“Thank you I will be sure to look into it.”She says smiling.The headmaster walked in moments later with the same dark haired boy who showed her to the office as she smiled and stood up.

He nodded, blinking. “Good to meet you, Kally,” he said. He followed after her quickly, stepping into the headmaster’s office before she had a chance to, nodding respectfully to him. “Headmaster,” he said, shaking his hand and stepping back. “Thanks for letting me do this.” The older man nodded and smiled, graciously waving away the offer. They chatted for a moment before slipping again out of the office and back into where the secretary sat. Nicolas followed right after the elder man, his stature much taller than the balding man. He smiled warmly at the secretary before his eyes flickered back to the girl he had just met. The headmaster looked between the two, his eyes bright behind his spectacles. “Welcome to Saint Mary’s, Kally. We’re glad to have you.” He spoke for a few more moments, introducing the two students together warmly.

“What a coincidence, yeah?” Nicolas chuckled, shrugging. “And now you know my name. Good to meet you, again.” He crossed his arms behind his hips, his shoulders broad beneath the tanned jacket he wore. “I’ll be showing you around, if you weren’t aware by now. So, where’d you like to go first?” As he waited for a reply from the young woman, he shook the headmaster’s hand once more before he disappeared into his own office, the door closing behind him. “There’s a whole campus to explore before the festival tonight.” He rubbed the back of his neck, adjusting his coat as he waited for her reply.

“I wish to see the auditorium please.”She says letting her accent slip again before she corrected herself.”Sorry but I want to see it I always dreamed about seeing it.”Kally says smiling.

She grabbed her violin case and followed Nicolas through the office.She was happy to finally be a student at Saint Mary’s she worked so hard to get where she was and her father would be proud of her.

"Sure," he said lowly, sweeping his hair out of his face before slipping out of the office, holding the door quickly for her. He quickly made his way through the halls, turning and stopping many times before they finally arrived in the theater lobby, the high ceilings and large doors held open for the stage. "Go on in and take a look around, I'll wait out here."

As she moved away, another figure appeared from the wings of the lobby. He waved in their direction quickly, chatting with them as they walked over.

Kally looked at Nicolas,”Why Wait out here why not come inside with me?”She asks smiling.She noticed the new person as she smiled.

She was heading into the theater before she stopped.She looked at Nicolas and wondered if he would follow her in,”Come on Nicolas it wouldn’t hurt you to show me around inside.”She says

"My brother wants to talk with me," he explained lowly. "I don't know anything about the theatre. You might find some kids inside though."

Louis smiled at the girl, though the smirk didn't reach his eyes. "Good to meet you," he said quietly.

Kally smiled at Louis politely,”Hello.”She says to him.She clutched her violin close to her legs before she continued on into the theater.

She looked around in awe at the many seats and the handmade red wood stage.The theme was red and gold in the theater as she smiled happily noticing a couple students who she went to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back