Anime & Manga Sailor Moon Crystal

theorph99

Degenerate Animal Crossing™ Cheater
So we're about four episodes into this series and why don't we discuss what we like and dislike about the series so far and how it compares to the manga and previous anime series.

This is one of my most hyped for anime of this year(and last year before it was delayed. Twice), because I really did like the Sailor Moon anime of the 90's. Sure it wasn't perfect and I can see why people wouldn't like it, but it grew on me and I marathon nearly the entire series within a few months. Then I read the manga, and yeah I'm in the same boat as being more a fan of the manga more than the original anime, but I still give the original anime props for being entertaining, some good characters(mostly Usagi really isn't that great compared to the manga), and a really catchy soundtrack.

With the announcement of Crystal and it being a new series to follow more closely to the manga I was hyped. Finally a new series to follow the manga more, and just more Sailor Moon stuff to watch. So the wait was on for a year and when the first episode premiered I was impressed. The animation was good and a step up from the original, even if their legs look too skinny, and it was pretty impressive the whole way through.

One thing I liked was that Tuxedo Mask didn't save Sailor Moon this time and it was mostly her(a step up from saving the Sailor Scouts fifty bajillon times) and I'm liking how he's been handled so far in the sieries. Hopefully he gets some action though.

Enough of me rambling on though let's hear your opinions so far of the anime.

Also one other talking point how do you guys feel about the

of the first Sailor Moon anime?

Well, I liked your rambling and am excited to see this subject! First, I have to admit that I have not read the manga. I did watch most of the original anime, but I dropped off somewhere around episode 200 if I remember correctly.

The first thing I thought when I watched Crystal was 'oh my gosh, her voice is annoying!' But since it's kind of always been that way, I can overlook that, haha. I love the art style, it just looks so clean and pretty to me. I think the transformations are nice too, I feel like they take a little less time than the old ones but still remain an important part of the show. I also agree about Tuxedo Mask- I like how he's been portrayed so far.

Sorry I don't have much to add >.<

It has been years since I watched either the original anime or read the manga, however I am in agreeance with you that the series has been worth the wait and very good overall.

Admittedly I'm waiting for the introduction episodes to get out of the way, I know their necessary. Overall I was torn about the animation, I like it because it's very new and looks like the manga (long ass, skinny legs included), I like the Tuxedo mask isn't the hero fixture, he's there, he isn't there all the time, and I like it for a change.

I can't say I have any complaints at this point, I'm just waiting for the series to get real into the story first. Introduction episodes are mandatory, as we know, so when we get to the meat of the story I will likely have more to say.

I will admit it was a pleasant nostalgia kick watching the episodes, they're just like I remember the story. The first episode I had flashbacks to when I was 5 watching that series. I was so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back